Package Sealer Machine Job Description Sample
Package Machine Operator
PACAKGE MACHINE OPERATOR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor and PMO lead, this position is responsible for operating one packaging line or tray, and scale equipment in the processing of value added fresh vegetable products.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Operate Hayssen packaging and scale equipment
- Operate tray equipment
- Perform set-ups, shut downs, and adjust control settings and logics
- Solve problems relating to specifications for packaging quality, weights, fills, seals, tray, and film runs
- Perform quality checks, product and film changeovers, mechanical adjustments, and required paperwork
- Assist dryer, packaging and stacking teams to ensure productivity accuracy and efficiency
- Ensure quality and safety of raw and finished product
- Ensure safe operating process for all equipment
- Any and all other duties assigned by your Supervisor
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent; BS desirable.
Work is performed in a cool environment with an average temperature of 34 degrees F. Concentrated chlorine and concealed ammonia is present. Work surfaces and floors may be wet. Employees are required to wear approved shoes and protective equipment. Must be able to lift up to 49 lbs. unassisted up to 1/3 of the workday, and 6 lbs. overhead as job demands. Constant standing on a concrete floor, reaching, bending, stooping, and repetitive hand movements may be required. Moving machinery, including conveyor and forklifts are in operation in the immediate area
Dole’s dedication to quality is a commitment solidly backed by comprehensive programs for food safety, scientific crop protection programs, stringent quality control measures, state-of-the-art production and transportation technologies, continuous improvement through research and innovation, and dedication to the safety of our employees, communities, and the environment.
Dole is committed to nutrition education to communicate to the public the health benefits of eating a diet rich in fruit and vegetables, and is a founding member of the National 5-A-Day for Better Health Program, and is a leader in developing technology-based nutrition education programs for children.
You will find Dole Fresh Vegetables’ headquarters in Monterey, California in the heart of the Salinas Valley. Although we are centered in “the Salad Bowl of the World,” we have opportunities all over the US as well as Latin America! Follow us to learn more!
The Bessemer City manufacturing facility is one of three operating salad manufacturing plants in the organization. The plant has 900+ employees, and operates two production and one cleaning shift six or seven days every week, depending on volume demands
Package Machine Operator (Buda, TX 78610)
A successful manufacturing and distribution company is actively recruiting for a Package Machine Operator. The ideal candidate will be available to work overtime hours, able to lift 100 pounds, and have a strong work ethic. We need ambitious and hardworking people who do not mind working in hot or cold conditions and can work an entire 8-12-hour shift on their feet.
Compensation: $12.50 per hour
· Operate machine(s) that fills and packages bags with product.
· Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
· Monitor the production line, watching for problems such as pile ups, jams, and broken bags.
· Stock, sort and replenish packaging supplies such as bags, tape, and pallets.
· Inspect and remove defective products and packaging material.
· Count and record finished and rejected packaged items.
· Recapture escaped material and place in hopper for repackaging.
· Blending, filling, packaging, and stacking diverse types of bagged cement products.
· Shrink wrapping products to meet customer or company specifications.
· General housekeeping and sweeping operations.
· Packaging masonry cement in large bulk super sack packaging.
· Securing “ties” for closing bags and placing covers over super sack bagged product.
· Hoses are connected to trailer and silo for transporting the product to the silos with the material needed for blending, filling, and packaging product.
· Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management.
· Maintain a safe and clean work space.
· Follow established safety rules and regulations.
· Adhere to quality and customer service standards set forth by the company.
· Identify safety hazards in the workplace.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities
· Communication proficiency
· Organizational skills
· Mathematical skills
· Time management
Work Environment: This position works in a non-climate controlled warehouse setting, with outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as box cutters and tape dispensers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time, non-exempt hourly position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 5:00 am to 4:00 pm. All applicants must be able and willing to work overtime and weekends when required by management.
Required Education and Experience:
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and overtime.
· Committed to quality and safety.
· Ability to lift 100 pounds and stand for 8-12-hour work shift.
· Must be able to pass pre-employment respirator certification and fit test for full face respirator.
· Must be clean shaven daily to wear respirator.
· Required PPE for position includes: full face respirator, hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs, chemical resistant gloves, steel toe boots, chemical resistant apron.
· Dress code for position: long sleeve shirt with undershirt, work pants or jeans, and extra cotton t-shirt for neck protection/PPE.
· Team-oriented and self-directed.
· Background check and pre-employment drug test required.
· Ability to work in non-climate controlled work environment.
· Ability to lift and carry 50-100 pounds.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Health, Dental & Vision
· 401(k) with company match
· Voluntary Life/AD&D
· Accident, STD, Gap, & Critical Illness Insurance
· Paid Holidays
AHI Supply maintains a drug and alcohol-free workplace. All applicants offered a position will be required to take and pass an offsite pre-employment drug test and submit to a criminal background check. (A conviction does not automatically bar you from employment. Criminal background checks will be considered on a case by case basis.)
We specialize in custom architectural products, including Myriad Stone, Cast Stone, Spectrum stucco coatings, foundation and masonry products, fireplace material, colored cements, masonry cleaners, structural steel, equipment and hand tools, and more.
Since our beginnings in 1982 in Pearland, TX, we have introduced many innovative products and seen tremendous growth. Our Spectrum cement line which includes Gray, White, and Colored Portland & Lime Cements—as well as Colored Masonry Cements has been well received by the construction industry.
Our Tex-Clean brand masonry cleaners were introduced in 1986 and in 1988 we opened our Cast Stone department. These developments, along with the continued success of our Spectrum cements, have allowed us to become one of the most trusted names in the business. Over the years, we have introduced other successful product lines, such as our Spectrum Stucco Wall coatings and Ameristeel Structural Steel products. Our most recent addition—MyriadStone—is a limestone-based decorative stone product.
Today, AHI Supply operates three production and distribution facilities in Houston, Austin, and Dallas to better serve the construction community in Texas and neighboring states.
We take pride in our quality products, superior knowledge, on-time deliveries and our committed customer service. Our exceptional sales staff can assist you with your project regardless of size.
About WestRock About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Case Sealer 7411 Oakwood St Extension, PO Box 408 Mebane, North Carolina, 27302 United States
Key Responsibilities as a Case Sealer are included, but not limited to the following:· Check each machine schedule for the next job to be produced. · Locate and pull corrugated cases and other materials needed during the start of a Make-Ready on the gluer in a timely manner. · Read job jacket specifications for special instructions not limited to correct cases, dividers, labeling specifications, scored U-Boards and skid height. · Acquire working knowledge and develop basic mechanical skills to assist in the set up and maintenance of the tape machines. · Be able to operate a fork lift and electric hand jacks. · Pull cases, pads, dividers and U-Boards to the correct machine. · Once the job is in production, label all cases and place on the designated pallet. · Move full pallets to the stretch wrap machine then wrap and the put in the warehouse for inventory control. · Perform any necessary in process checks during the production of the job to ensure labeling or other requirements are being met. · Remove banding & excess corrugated material from work area. Sweep as needed and when machines go down for scheduled shut down/clean up at the end of shift. · Organizing work area using visual methods such as labeling, pictures, and defining specified locations for commonly used tools, documents, parts, etc. · Empty & replace Gaylord for corrugated scrap as needed. · Check supplies such as tape, corner boards, wrap and request as needed.
Essential Functions:· Lift up to 35 lbs. regularly, up to 50 lbs intermittently and up to 75 lbs rarely. · Stand up to 11 hours per day. · Bend, twist, climb, squat, kneel occasionally throughout the shift. · Uses hands for simple and power grasping, as well as push, pull and fine manipulation. · Work at and/or below shoulder level. · Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and work well with others.
Required Experience:· A high school diploma or GED equivalent. · Basic computer skills (desired) ·Check each machine schedule for the next job to be produced.·Locate and pull corrugated cases and other materials needed during the start of a Make-Ready on the gluer in a timely manner.·Read job jacket specifications for special instructions not limited to correct cases, dividers, labeling specifications, scored U-Boards and skid height.·Acquire working knowledge and develop basic mechanical skills to assist in the set up and maintenance of the tape machines.·Be able to operate a fork lift and electric hand jacks.·Pull cases, pads, dividers and U-Boards to the correct machine.·Once the job is in production, label all cases and place on the designated pallet.·Move full pallets to the stretch wrap machine then wrap and the put in the warehouse for inventory control.·Perform any necessary in process checks during the production of the job to ensure labeling or other requirements are being met.·Remove banding & excess corrugated material from work area. Sweep as needed and when machines go down for scheduled shut down/clean up at the end of shift.·Organizing work area using visual methods such as labeling, pictures, and defining specified locations for commonly used tools, documents, parts, etc.·Empty & replace Gaylord for corrugated scrap as needed.·Check supplies such as tape, corner boards, wrap and request as needed.Essential Functions:·Lift up to 35 lbs. regularly, up to 50 lbs intermittently and up to 75 lbs rarely.·Stand up to 11 hours per day.·Bend, twist, climb, squat, kneel occasionally throughout the shift.·Uses hands for simple and power grasping, as well as push, pull and fine manipulation.·Work at and/or below shoulder level.·Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and work well with others.Required Experience:·A high school diploma or GED equivalent.·Basic computer skills (desired) Production/Manufacturing WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Assistant Sealer Operator - (Ct10470)
Prepares corrugated waste by manually banding product and placing in bin to go back to vendor or to recycle depending on the cause for waste.
Completes pallet for movement to warehouse by attaching corner posts if required, printing ticket and attaching sticker to pallet sheet and to pallet.
Adjusts palletizer for product by setting controls for height and count.
Runs packer, feeder, and palletizer by monitoring and adjusting each section of machine as necessary.
Troubleshoots where carton is out of alignment, case count problems, feeder/packer issues, makes adjustments are necessary.
Perform quality checks as required.
Perform preventive maintenance as required.
- All other duties as assigned. Specific Functional
Standing 8-12 hours per shift. 2. Lifting up to 50lbs frequently when loading corrugated. 3. Pinch grip strength to lift handfuls of corrugated paper. 4.
Bending, squatting, reaching. 5. Making machine adjustments in awkward positions with twisting. 6. Using wrenches to tighten and loosen bolts in awkward postures. 7.
Pushing a load. 8. Placing up to 50lbs load to floor level. 9. Lifting up to 50lbs load from floor level. 10.
Restacking pallets of 48lbs cases from floor to above shoulder height. 11. Moving wooden pallets. 12. Climbing vertical ladders up to 16 feet from ground to platform. 13.
Crouching for 2-5 min., un-jamming equipment. 14. Pulling and pushing with force. 15. Pulling hand pallet jacks. 16.
Lifting rollers to change belts up to 60lbs in awkward position. 17. The team member is required to be able to perform the above tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments whichcandidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin
Seamstress/ Sewing W/ Sonic Sealer
TO APPLY - PLEASE ANSWER THE 5 SCREENING INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ATTACH YOUR RESUME IN PDF. THANK YOU.
CAN YOU SEW?
We are looking to add members to our team. We manufacture filters and need a seamstress -
EXPERIENCE WITH SONIC SEWING A PLUS+++
The sewing is precise as we manufacture custom filters.
Responsibilities and Duties
Focus on producing quality products
Helping to reduce lead times
Sewing on an industrial machine
Handling material - light duty light weight
Qualifications and Skills
MUST have experience sewing in high volume production atmosphere.
We offer full-time work and Benefits
Direct hire- no agencies- starting pay $11/hour
Career Opportunities: Sealer Technician II (2Nd Shift) (160173)
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production sealing operations. Analyze processes and process improvement. May be responsible for distributing activities and goals, coordinate and guide technical support groups.
- Performs sealing activities according with the assemblies in station, those variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production sealing operations.
- Know how to seal aircraft, parts and wings, knowing about differences between products and how they can be use.
- Know how to seal inside wings and can detect leakage in pressurization or fuel areas.
- Identify sealing problems during process and make RCCA to solve this issues.
- Identify and work in QCPC to improve sealing process.
- Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed.
- May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications.
- May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions
- Follows approved assembly procedures for component or aircraft structures, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) technical data, and work package instructions.
- Positions and aligns subassemblies in jigs or fixtures, using measuring instruments, following blueprint lines and index points.
- Inspects completed work to identify any needed rework before signing off; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Performs serviceability tests as required, utilizing test equipment specified in technical manuals.
- Completes work package documentation as required by FAA and/or repair station manual.
- Submits completed work to Quality Assurance for final/in progress inspection and certification of airworthiness.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School/ GED
- Journeyman Technician Role requiring Intermediate Skills to perform most of the standard tasks within the technical area assigned to.
- Generally 3-7 years or more experience in area manufacturing industry or aircrafts company with experience in sealing as well as able to use all tech data and aircraft drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Assignments require Minimal Knowledge beyond the assigned work.
- Demonstrates correct understanding of routine aspects of work.
- Performs basic, less complex and routine Technical Assignments.
- Assists Journeyman Level or Higher Technicians on moderately complex technical assignments.
- Usage of precision instruments and utilization of hand tools to perform these tasks.
- Reads work orders, blueprints, and specifications or examines sample or damaged part or structure to determine repair or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Be proficient in the usage of air powered hand tools and related equipment.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours if required.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position, must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 "Respirator Protection" regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Industrial Painter /Prepper / Sealer
The primary role of the Painter/Prepper/Sealer is operating pressure pots for applying primer/paint. Responsibilities will include: identifying potential safety hazards, selecting or mixing the appropriate paint, and reading and interpreting SOPs. In the course of his/her duties, the Industrial Painter will inspect surfaces for contamination prior to coating and identify and employ methods that will reduce exposure to hazardous chemicals from the paint. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Full Time shifts Mon- Thurs 5am- 3:30p, Part Time shifts Sat and Sun, 7a-5:30p. Evening shifts available Mon-Wed, Tues-Thurs 3:30pm-12am..
- Tend and operate to equipment used to spray products.
- Body work and remediation of sheet metal prior to and after paint application.
- Prepare and apply stencils, decals, and other decorative items on the finished product.
- Inspect surfaces for contamination prior to application of paint.
- Knowledge of chemical application techniques using specification sheet.
- Paint using spray, pressure pots and SOPs.
- Selecting and mixing the appropriate paint.
- Clean equipment and perform routine maintenance when necessary.
- Comply with company policies and procedures, especially health and safety rules, use of personal protective equipment.
- Other duties as required
- Communication is primarily internal to the assigned work team and the Plant Foreman/Supervisors
- Employee may be required to work in potentially hazardous environments requiring protective equipment.
- Employee may be exposed to dust, hazardous chemicals and high levels of noise.
- Employee may be exposed to uncomfortable work settings; may have long combinations of standing, crouching, or sitting.
- Repetitive tasks within a fast-paced environment.
- Overtime as required.
- This position requires shop work. When working in the shop, one must exercise caution as this environment presents many naturally-occurring and potentially worker-produced hazards. Safety policies must be adhered to at all times. Appropriate personal protective equipment (i.e. safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and others) must be worn at all times where required.
- It is very important that the incumbent of this position is able to work and communicate with prudence, while effectively managing time, completing tasks, and working safely.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Completion of college/vocational or technical training in a related field is an asset.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working as an industrial painter in a manufacturing setting.
- Previous experience painting sheet metal.
- Experience using a spray gun and pressure pot.
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, with an ability to read and interpret SOPs.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and/or supplies in excess of 25 pounds.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must have reliable transportation
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT https://www.silent-aire.com/careers/
At it's root Silent-Aire engineered and manufactured custom HVAC solutions for institutions; hospitals, schools, and recreational complexes. The company grew into larger industrial HVAC deployments for mining and energy companies. In early 2000 Dan and Lindsey graduated from University of Alberta with Civil and Mechanical Engineering degrees and took on the leadership and strategic direction of Silent-Aire. We continued to grow organically and acquired a new manufacturing facility in Edmonton that was the catalyst to expanding into the data center mission critical HVAC business.
In 2012 Silent-Aire built a second 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Edmonton that included 4 assembly lines and new office space for our engineering and operations. In 2014, for additional capacity and redundancy, a 3rd manufacturing facility was built in Phoenix, Arizona that mirrored the Edmonton facility. Today, we are focused on continuing to grow our industrial, institutional HVAC and mission critical data center business.
The majority of our growth over the past 10 years has come from our data center customers that require mission critical infrastructure for their ever expanding clouds. As a result, we have taken a relentless focus on operations, quality and safety that includes attaining ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 14001 Environment, OHSAS 18001- safety.
Saw Man/ Sealer
Concrete Technologies is currently taking applications for an immediate opening for Concrete Saw Operator. Concrete sawing experience is a plus, training will also be provided. This job will require ability to perform all types of concrete sawing and joint sealing. You must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, follow safety rules, and transport yourself to and from the job site. This position must be available and open to all hours, shifts will vary.
1-3 years commercial concrete experience preferred
Must be able to handle extensive walking in variable site grades and conditions.Able to withstand cold, hot, and wet conditions.Must be able to lift up to 90 pounds up to 40 times daily.Must test negative on a pre-employment drug screen. We are proud to offer our employees:
Health/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
Retirement Plan with Company Match
Life Insurance/ Short-Term Disability/ Supplemental Insurance
Cafeteria Flex Plan
Fun Working Environment
Opportunity for Advancement
Job Description: s: Preparing, storing and applying sealer to shelter seams.
Mixes sealant and hardener according to predetermined formula
Places in cartridges for use in sealing guns
Uses solvent to clean seams to be sealed
Selects proper nozzle for desired bead and uses sealing gun to apply sealer to inside and outside seams to make unit airtight
Some cleaning of excess sealer may be required
Uses sealing gun in completion of duties
Responsible for meeting appropriate quality standards
May perform tests to ensure compliance Required Experience: High School Graduate or equivalent 6 mos. relevant experience Basic computer skills required Ability to read, write and follow written instructions Keyword: Shelter From: Kratos Defense
Manpower has a client that is in need of a sealer. The job description of a sealer is to spread a sealer on an aircraft window edgings with a small detail bush or may be applying with finger in some areas.
Must be detail oriented and be able to work in a fast paced environment. 2nd shift hours are from 3:30pm-12:00am. Pay is $13.00 an hour Possible temp to hire for the right individual with wage increase to $14.00 upon being hired on.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!