Packing Floor Worker Job Description Sample
Floor Care Worker
Overview Do you aspire to enhance the lives of others while enjoying a positive work environment? Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is dedicated to making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a great place to be! Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to senior adults. We are seeking individuals whose values align with Wesley Enhanced Living’s values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity. Ideal candidates will be:
Kind and Compassionate
Honest and Trustworthy
Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us discover new ways to achieve this goal. Discover the Art of Living and Working WEL Responsibilities The Floor Care Worker is responsible for the overall upkeep of flooring in residential apartments and public areas through responsive, accurate, and efficient maintenance of floor surfaces. Floor Care Worker essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Extracts carpets within the facility as per the schedule implemented by the housekeeping supervisor
Extracts carpets on an as needed basis for apartment renovations.
Responds to work order request submitted by residents for carpet cleaning
Strips and waxes all hard floor surfaces as implemented by the housekeeping supervisor
Spray buff all hard floor surfaces as per the schedule implemented by the housekeeping supervisor
Routine cleaning of all hard floor surfaces with designated equipment.
Shower scrub all tubs room floors on a schedule designated by the housekeeping supervisor.
Spot cleaning of carpets on an as needed basis.
Power sprays all exterior patio surfaces on a as needed basis,
Responds to all water overflow emergencies and will assist with the extraction of the water.
Cleans a newly renovated apartment and also a deep cleaning of the nursing rooms.
Empty the dirty linen carts out of nursing.
Cleans the pool on a weekly schedule, where applicable
Collects all recycled items on all floors. .
Perform cleaning procedures in accordance with facility policy.
Assist with the general maintenances of grounds and buildings.
Capable of following oral instructions.
Capable of following written instructions.
Maintains all janitorial equipment used.
Demonstrates ability to observe infection control procedures.
Willing to accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
Assumes accountability for data contained in the co workers handbook.
Able to work holiday’s weekends as needed.
Assist the maintenance department with scheduled special events.
Capable of communicating, either in person or on the phone with elderly persons.
Performs duties as assigned by the Housekeeping Supervisor Qualifications Related Experience:Minimum of five years of experience in floor care preferred Education or Degree Requirement:High School Diploma or GED Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:None Equal Opportunity Employer Apply for this opportunity online Email this opportunity to a friend Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you! ID2018-2494 Location : NameWesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley TypePOOL CategoryHousekeeping
Bingo Floor Worker
Verifies winning cards, calculates prize money, and pays customer during a bingo session. Sells game sheets to customers.
Verifies bingos and pays cash to winners. Answers customer inquiries as they arise. Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
Must have prior work experience with positions requiring mathematical aptitude, customer service and sales. Must be at least 18 years of age.This Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetics, and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Floor Care Worker
Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the Community, through the use of specialized equipment. Ensures proper handling and disposal of waste and utilizes work orders to ensure proper room/furniture setups. Assists with movement and delivery of heavy objects/packages and m aintains the Erickson Living Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Objectives. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Moving and arranging furniture in the community and offices and residential apartments. Deliver residents items to and from storage, vehicles, apartments or other areas. Maintain hard floor surfaces, including scrubbing, mopping, burnishing, stripping and waxing. Maintain carpeted surfaces, including extracting, interim cleaning, spotting, drying, vacuuming. Clean vertical surfaces such as doors, walls, or windows. Trash removal including refuse and recycling by following procedures utilizing compactors, trucks, and carts. Maintaining trash rooms cleanliness. Performs minor preventative maintenance, and upkeep of Housekeeping equipment. May be asked to assist with cleaning of any community area or fill in for housekeeping staff. Driving of Housekeeping vehicles for trash collection, and bulk item delivery. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to safely operate carpet care equipment, hard floor care equipment, trash removal equipment and any other equipment necessary for the cleanliness of the community.
Ability to complete assigned work orders, and follow a detailed schedule.
Ability to be flexible and honor other requests from residents or departments that can be completed in the allotted time.
Must have communication skills, problem solving skills, and be self-motivated.
Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
Ability to demonstrate professional and responsive interactions with residents and their family members, staff, vendors and each other.
Demonstrates a willingness to learn and has a general knowledge of the duties of a special projects worker
Ability to safely operate Housekeeping vehicles EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Previous experience in carpet care and floor finishing techniques preferred.
Minimum of three years of verifiable licensed driving experience and a history of safe driving as noted through a three year motor vehicle record check (per GS7009 Driving Record Standards Policy).
Basic computer skills preferred. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions in English. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license as a condition of employment.
Job:Special Projects Team Worker
Title:Floor Care Worker
Grow with us as a Packing Mechanic in one of our state-of-the-art production facilities! By utilizing your strong communication skills and attention to detail you'll help us prepare some of the world's most favorite products for shipment. You'll also collaborate with many diverse people and perspectives, and be a part of the united values and winning culture at Kellogg! WHAT WILL I BE DOING? In your role as a Packing Mechanic at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Maintaining production through preventative maintenance, mechanical repairs, and in depth mechanical troubleshooting on high speed packaging machinery
Reading prints or operating instructions to identify part(s) and determine proper operating and repair procedures
Disassembling, assembling, and performing major equipment overhauls as needed
Calibrating, adjusting , replacing worn parts, greasing and visual inspections on all machinery to minimize downtimes
Performing planned corrective work orders
Following all standard safety, GMP, and plant rules and procedures WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE? As well as a hunger to learn and succeed, to be considered you must be able to meet the following requirements: Required:
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
Previous experience as an industrial mechanic in a manufacturing setting, or a related position
Physically must be able to stand for long hours and be able to lift at or above waist at a maximum of fifty pounds
Must be flexible with work scheduling as well as overtime and holidays
Advanced knowledge of all hand, power, and pneumatic tools
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Ability to follow instructions, verbal and written Preferred:
Basic computer skills
Previous food manufacturing experience
Experience in repairing machine packaging equipment WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW? The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf for English or this Link at http://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf for Spanish.
Job Type:Hourly Paid
Closing Date:Mar 15, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Shipping/ Packing Coordinator
We are seeking a Shipping/ Packing Coordinator to become an integral part of our team! You will help coordinate incoming and outgoing shipment activities.
- Package, verify paperwork and record outgoing material
- Unpack, verify paperwork, and record incoming material
- Arrange appropriate transportation of products to vendors
- Deliver products and raw materials throughout the facility
- Driving forktruck as needed
- Drive company van to complete local deliveries as needed
- Must be able to lift 25lbs
- Lifting, bending, reaching, squating, climbing ladders
- Assist employees and departments as needed
- Enter data into EPR system
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- Previous experience in shipping, logistics, or other related fields
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Drive company van to complete local deliveries as needed, must have valid Drivers License with clean record
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
Packing Jobs Near Wilson Rd. & 270
M-F 7AM-3PM - 8 hours w/ breaks paid!
TOP NAME BRAND FASHION COMPANIES;
APPLY TODAY, START TOMORROW
Picking And Packing - Lenexa, KS
A large distribution center in Lenexa, Kansas is seeking hardworking individuals for entry level positions. The company specializes in hair extensions, weaves, wigs, and other hair accessories. Interested candidates should have attention to detail and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail a must
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable transportation
- Strict attendance policy
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude
Focus Workforce Management hires over 100 people per week in Production, Assembly, Electronic Assembly, Electronics, Warehouse, Forklift, Labor, Welders, Welding, Maintenance, Recruiting, Recruiters, Staffing, Food Production, Machine Operator, Logistics, Material Handler and Handling, Order Pickers, Picking, Pulling, Distribution, Printing, Printers, Packaging, Welding, Machinist, Clinical and Laboratory, Technical, Technicians, Mechanical, Mechanics, Industrial, Supervisors, Managers, and Manufacturing jobs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
·Manage packing clerks and train new hires, picking area’s process and procedures
- Problem solves, examines and inspects garments to ensure that packing specifications are met
- Order picking/filling-pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records. Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas such as loading docks
- Load materials and products into package processing equipment
- Clean materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools
- Checks, verifies and audits merchandise and enters data into remote data terminal to ensure that ordered merchandise has been received and that merchandise is as ordered and not damaged or defective.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 to 2 years of warehouse/inventory experience is required
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and handheld devices (RF)
- Experience in fast paced, high unit retail Distribution Center environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Data entry skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- English or Bilingual
- Basic math skills
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Must pass Drug and Background Check
- Must pass pre‐employment tests if applicable
- Must be able to work independently and as a team, as assigned
- Able to understand and communicate oral and written instruction.
POSITION IS TEMP TO HIRE
PAY RATE: $13/hr
Exact Staff is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that all decisions regarding terms, conditions and privileges of employment are in accordance with our principles of equal opportunity.
We will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed or religious beliefs, age, sex, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical disability, mental disability, citizenship, military status, genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
We comply with the ADA and applicable state law and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants’ employees to perform essential functions. Hire may be subject to passing a medical examination, skill and agility tests.
Shipping & Packing Lead
SHIPPING & PACKING LEAD
Native Floral is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh cut flower bouquets across the United States. Our mission is to provide our customers with the highest level of quality and service.
In the role of Packing Lead, you will partner and assist the Packing Supervisor with planning, controlling, and organizing the processes and operations of the packing department to positively impact accuracy, timeliness, and quality while minimizing inefficiencies and shrink.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Calculate and evaluate inventory levels of finished product to ensure orders can be fulfilled
- Promote and enforce safe work practices and standards; eliminates and addresses risks
- Develop and manage personnel by actively being the example of what a packing employee should represent
- Constant and consistent focus to guarantee packing standards are being adhered to
- Communication and direction from Packing Supervisor; open to constructive feedback
- Leadership: Be an active support and example to the packing team and provide direction throughout the process
- Accountability: Accepting responsibility of his/her actions and correcting errors timely
- Communication: Professional written and verbal communication to all organization levels
- Organized: Able to work in a fast pace, high stress environment while maintaining workload
- Highly motivated, loyal, dedicated, self-starter, and work well independently and in a team environment
Skills and Abilities
- 2+ years of warehouse department leadership (floral production background is a plus)
- Flexibility in schedule according to the needs of the business (weekends required)
- Ability to work in cold environments for extended periods of time
- Experience with using warehouse and packing tools and materials
- Bilingual – Spanish highly recommended
- Introductory experience in Microsoft Office – Excel & Word
Full time, exempt supervisor, competitive salary - DOE, health benefits, paid time off
Native Floral is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Packing Associates And Order Pickers - Immediate Hire
Need 30+ employees for Packing and Warehouse needs
- Place wrapped product into boxes
- count and verify quantity
- seal packages
- stock orders
- pull orders and stage for delivery
lifting requirements between 30 to 50 lbs. 8 am to 5 pm, occasional weekends.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!