Paint Technician Job Description Sample
Truck Body AND Paint Technician
King William County, Aylett, Va. Truck Dealership is seeking a truck body and paint technician to perform truck body and fender repairs and painting. Successful candidate will possess experience doing similar duties with a truck dealership, someone who takes pride in his/her work and is self-motivated. No nights, weekends or holidays! Paid by the hour, 40 hour work week. Pay is based on experience. Benefits included. An EOE.
Start your new career as a Paint Technician with MAU at one of several locations. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. .
SUMMARY Applies paint, varnishes, stains, and various products to interior and/or exterior surfaces.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in painting on medium to heavy assembly/fabrication items in a production environment.
- Experience using and basic knowledge of painting equipment, hand tools, and measuring devices.
- Must be able to read blue prints and/or schematic drawings.
- Must be able to lift and/or move 50 pounds independently and maneuver up to 200 pounds
- Close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Perform basic math calculations
- Ability to read, write, and understand oral and written instructions as well as information gathered from meters, dials, and scales
- Must excel at working in a team environment
WHAT YOU WILL DO AS A PAINTER
- Prepares products for application in a safe manner.
- Primes surfaces if necessary.
- Ensure personal safety; understand how machine and/or tools works and how to operate it safely; knowledge of emergency stops; and utilization of personal protective equipment.
- Perform job safely.
- Improve job performance in a continuous manner through experience and training.
- Work in team setting to meet objectives of department.
- Perform routine cleaning of equipment, tools, and general housekeeping at and around workstation.
- Inform management of any defected or scrap components through the proper channels.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Automotive Paint Technician
Fine Line Auto Body is currently seeking qualified candidates for Automotive Paint Technician and Painter Prep positions for one or more of our seven Columbus based locations. We are seeking candidates who have experience working in paint refinish or production environments. Finished parts will be approved through internal quality standards and must pass all supplier quality inspections.
- Bodywork (fills, blocking, bodyline creating/ moving)
- Priming and painting both insurance and show quality vehicles
- Wet sanding and rubbing of both insurance and class A show vehicles.
- Disassemble and reassemble body components
- Dent repair, also using filler
- Metal finish and metal manipulation
- Paint blending, mixing, and tinting
- Rub and polish exterior of vehicles
- Other duties may be assigned by Management, based on business needs
- Must have own set of tools
- 1-5 years of experience at minimum
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Ability to lift 5-25 lbs
Auto Body Paint Technician
How would you like to live in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota?
Mack’s Auto Body LLC has an immediate opening for a talented Auto Body Paint Tech. A recent relocation by our current painter to another state has led to this unique opportunity. Mack’s Auto Body is a successful and well-established auto body repair shop in Spearfish, SD. We have been in business for 24 years, and we are well known for quality repair & fine craftsmanship. We are a direct repair facility for most major insurance companies.
Applicant must be a team player, self-motivated and hardworking, and you must thrive in a challenging and fast-paced work environment. Our Painters are responsible for:
- Utilizing computer software necessary for obtaining color codes for mixing & matching paint.
This is NOT an entry-level position. Qualified candidate must have their own hand tools necessary for completing jobs. Pay based on commission; average between $55K-$80K depending on ability; our current painter was on pace to earn nearly $100,000.
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, retirement match & assistance with health insurance.
Please email resume, or mail to Mack’s Auto Body located at 3120 4th Avenue, Spearfish, SD 57783 at (605) 642-4143, or toll-free (888) 786-2257 to schedule an interview.
Experience Required – Please, serious inquiries only.
Ours is a temperate climate, with mild winters and warm summers. Whatever your outdoor pleasure, Our area offers it all; snowmobiling, ATV and UTV trails, hiking, climbing, On or Off-road motorcycle riding, fishing, hunting - you name it and there's a good chance of doing it in the Black Hills
Paint Technician (Robotic Painting )
All Shifts Available
Auto Body / Spray Paint Technician
AUTO BODY / SPRAY PAINT TECHNICIAN (Windsor Locks)
Seeking Auto body Technician for full time first shift position with benefits. Excellent working environment with state of the art equipment.
This is a unique opportunity for anyone with strong auto body and spray painting skills. Applicants must have a minimum of two years of body work, prep and spraying of urethane topcoats. Respond via email only.
compensation: Commensurate with experience
Prep And Paint Technician
Prep and Paint Technician
Manpower has immediate 3rd shift openings for a prep and paint technician in Quincy, IL.
What’s in it for you?
· Full time hours
· Weekly paycheck
· Permanent opportunity
· $12.20 hourly wage
What’s the job?
· Prepare surfaces for paint
· Fill and sand body imperfections
· Mask and protect vehicle surfaces
Apply today at www.manpower.com or call our office at 217-224-5450 to learn more.
With our global presence and local expertise, and by leveraging the expertise of our parent company, ManpowerGroup, we influence how people and companies work now and how they will work in the future.
Automotive - Paint / Body Technician
Bright Built Hot Rods Inc is seeking experienced Body and Paint Technicians. Three to Five years’ experience. Projects ranging from small to full restoration of classic cars. The applicant should have excellent work ethic, positive attitude, team oriented, focused on maintaining high quality work, receptive to new ideas and able to leave the drama at the door. We would love to train new people, BUT we don’t have the time. WE work hard and the reward is sharing the joy and pride with our customers that they have in their cars. Please email resume and pictures of you work.
* To mix paint at correct ratio
* Ability to sand and block to a straight finish in a timely manner
* Five Years’ Experience in Paint
* Ability to wet sand and polish Cars
Automotive Detailer & Paint Touch-Up Technician
Dent Magic is interviewing for mobile technicians to perform chip and scratch repairs on dealer inventory. We will train the right person and supply you with everything you need to do your job including a company vehicle.
Must have clean Ohio driver's license with not more than 4 points.
Paint Prep Technician
We are offering an exciting opportunity to become a team member of a fast growing, family owned manufacturing company that offers great benefits and a challenging and rewarding learning environment with great advancement opportunities. You’ll be immersed in diverse projects that keep you challenged every day, as well as surrounded by a team who share your passion and dedication. In addition, our fast-paced environment will give you an opportunity to learn something new every day. If you are a motivated team player and eager to make an impact within our company and the aerospace industry, please apply and come help us make things fly!
The Danner Corporation is a progressive manufacturing and engineering firm specializing in advanced technology for the development and manufacture of composite systems and structures
Located in Auburn, Washington, our modern facility offers the latest in tooling, component design and production techniques compatible with industry demands.
The Danner Corporation, with over 60 years’ experience in fiber resin and metal bonding systems, provides the foundation for effective operations and advanced technical concepts with a commitment to excellence and quality.
We are dedicated to:
· Customer Satisfaction
The Paint Prep Technician works under minimum supervision to safely prepare aircraft parts according to schedule using company quality standards and operating procedures.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED FOR POSITION
Education and/or Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· At least 2 years’ experience in Paint or Paint prep is desired.
· Must be proficient in the usage of hand tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
• Good manual dexterity and hand / eye coordination.
• Constant standing without support and bending / leaning over / frequent walking / occasional climbing / stopping/ crouching / kneeling / sitting without support.
• Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Close vision, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to focus.
• Able to work long hours on demand, work beyond a 40 hour week when business dictates, occasional 6-7 day work week.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
· Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
· Able to use tools and equipment associated with the painting process.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to maintain techniques, time requirements and quality standards on a consistent on-going basis
· Able to work with/around fiberglass, resins, etc.
· Strong communication/social skills, being able to work with co-workers and management.
· Organizational skills: Must be able to maintain a clean and safe station area.
· Must have basic understanding of manufacturing safety regulations and a willingness to follow correct safety procedures at all times.
· Must be able to prep areas for paint with minimal rework.
· Ability to use DA orbital sander & sanding block.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following
- Willingness to learn and/or perform all Paint Prep Functions to include: Masking, Sanding, Cleaning, Tacking, Livery Layout, Maintenance Marking Application and Detail.
· Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with industry standards.
- Ensure work assigned is accomplished per established inspection procedures and customer specifications.
· Maintains a safe and clean working environment by cleaning paint booth area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
· Other duties as assigned.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!