Painter Apprentice Shipyard Job Description Sample
A SHIPYARD PAINTER is responsible for performing, with minimal supervision, the cleaning and
preparation of surfaces, including metal and fiberglass surfaces free of grease, dirt, scale, rust, and old
contaminants; and applying paint in accordance with drawing instructions and MIL and SSPC Standards.
Surfaces include parts, equipment, interiors, and exteriors of ships, and boats using brushes, spray guns,
and rollers. The PAINTER is responsible for: mixing preservation material in accordance with material
data sheets; masking and taping necessary areas to protect customer property from collateral damage;
inspecting preserved areas: and performing touch up work as needed.
Work is accomplished in all phases of ship repair and modernization of maritime vessels including US
Naval Vessels, Military Sealift Command, and commercial ships and barges. The position requires a
comprehensive understanding of the preservation process and the drive to accomplish quality work on
schedule. The capabilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Must be able to read and comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence in
2. Musty have a comprehensive understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment
3. Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment
(PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety
glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
4 . Must be able to write Condition Found Reports (CFR) describing the material condition of the ship
as it pertains to the assigned work item, and provide recommended corrective action.
5. Must be able to effectively confer job related information to the supervisor, improvers, and helper.
6. Must have experience using hand and power tools associated with the trade in a safe manner. Must
be able to scrape, sand, and needle gun surface to remove old paint and rust.
7. Must be able to apply coatings with a brush, roller, or spray gun.
8. Must have knowledge a working knowledge of the different types of coating systems.
9. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals using US
customary measurement system.
10. Must possess a basic understanding of the metric system.
11.1-6 years of related experience, three (1-3) of which must be in the maritime environment.
12. Must be able to obtain clearance for military bases, such as Navy Base 32nd and Coronado.
13. Required to pass a full medical and drug screen prior to employment
Backed by a large maritime corporation, our goal is to take our strong financial footing and expand our industry reach. We provide highly skilled, trained and tested workers to our clients and solid jobs to our reliable workers.
Trade Team specializes in staffing and recruitment for marine, industrial, construction and manufacturing companies. Our primary service footprint is in the Hampton Roads area of eastern Virginia, and we serve out-of-town port areas along the Gulf Coast, Eastern Seaboard and Great Lakes Region.
Your Team + Our Team = One Team
Temporary marine and industrial skilled workers, light industrial, distribution, manufacturing, temp to perm and direct hire middle and upper management, weld testing, safety training
Staffing and Recruiting
4217 Indian River Road Cheapeake, Virginia 23503 United States
2057 Mayport Rd Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
SAN DIEGO, CA
801 Civic Center Dr. National City, Ca. 91950
Apprentice Painter needed to work in eastern Montana. An employer is seeking an Apprentice Commercial / Industrial Painter.
Must be willing and capable of working on a large variety of scaffolding. Must be willing to perform cleaning and maintenance duties. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.You will be working on a variety of industrial and commercial painting projects in eastern Montana including Billings, Miles City, Havre, Wolf Point, Glendive, Sidney, Bozeman and Great Falls areas.
Employer will pay for housing when working out of town. Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
However, hours and days may vary depending on the job and weather conditions.Wage: $15.00 per hour to start. Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug and Alcohol Free Work Environment.
Description Tradesmen International is seeking highly motivated Painters to join our team. If you are a Painter Apprentice eager to become a skilled Commercial Painter by improving your skills and learning new ones, this is your chance to launch your career! We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have plenty of great opportunities for Painter Apprentices that want to be the best in their field.We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America.
Requirements As a Painter Apprentice you will work under the direct supervision of a qualified Journeyman Painter learning to apply coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings, and other structures. Additional responsibilities:
Cleaning work areas and equipment
Performing support duties to assistjourneyman painters
Applying protective coverings such as masking tape to articles or areas that could be damaged or stained by work processes
Filling cracks or breaks in surfaces of plaster articles or areas with putty or epoxy compounds
Smoothing surfaces of articles to be painted, using sanding and buffing tools and equipment
Removing articles such as cabinets, metal furniture, and paint containers from stripping tanks after prescribed periods of time
Company Details Simply put, we're not a temp agency and don't just hire anyone. In fact, we're highly selective, committed to hiring only those painter apprentices that have exceptional abilities at their skill level, unwavering reliability, strong work ethic, and a desire to be the best. Additional requirements:
Eagerness and willingness to learn and receive instruction/direction from qualified Journeyman Commercial Painter
Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
High standard of integrity and professionalism
Drug free at all times
Must have reliable transportation
Must have 2-3 years experience
Benefits In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Dental and vision plan
Prescription drug plan
Short-term disability + 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
Tool purchase programs _Tradesmen International is an EO employer
Recruiter Name Shylow Longhair
Great Opportunities for the Career Minded. Pay is dependent on Experience! We are a family based company that specializes in residential repaints. We use the highest quality products and provide high end service to all our customers.
No experience required we will provide the training. All that is required is an positive attitude and willingness to work hard.
At My Painter you have opportunity develop into a painting crew leader and earn as much as $20 an hour.
We require english speaking, legal driving, motivated team members with professional attitude, appearance, and reliable transportation. We hire based on character not just skills. We pay weekly. We work hard, take great pride in our work and have fun!!!. Our clients expect prompt and professional skilled painters. We drug test and background check. We provide all the tools needed to provide excellent workmanship.
All My Painter LLC employees must agree the following:
I will not use drugs while employed by My Painter LLC
I will not use alcohol during work hours.
I will respect the customer and his property. I will leave each home just
as neat, if not neater, when the job is completed.
I will show up on time.
I will be courteous and considerate.
I will keep my shirt on and maintain a neat appearance at all times.
I will not play music.
I will not curse.
Apprentice Aircraft Painter
Job Summary The Apprentice Aircraft Painter is an entry and first working level for an aircraft painter. Incumbents at this level work under the instruction of a Journey Painter and the direction of a Lead Technician to operate an environmental paint booth. Principal Accountabilities * Assess aircraft paint finish and corrosion protection requirements
Strip, treat, and paint aircraft and aircraft parts and components
Maintain an environmentally compliant paint booth
Paint storage facilities
Hazmat control of cleaning product, paint waste, and residue
Have in-depth knowledge of aircraft corrosion protection and paint systems for the entire paint process, including alodine, wash primer, intermediate primer, and top coat color
Perform other qualified duties as assigned. Knowledge & Skills * Aircraft paint booth operation, safety, and hazardous material purchasing, storage, use and disposal
Aircraft corrosion prevention, protection and application of chemicals to control and stop corrosion
Aircraft paint refinishing systems and the processes involved to prepare and treat aircraft for painting
The application of primers and top coat colors
The maintenance of paint equipment and personal safety equipment
Inspect aircraft and components and assess paint requirements
Strip, treat, and prepare aircraft components for paint refinishing
Apply primers and top coat paints without runs, orange peel, or dust and debris in the paint
Maintain a clean and safe working area and comply with all hazmat requirements for the use of paint material
Experience & Education* * High School Diploma or equivalent.
One (1) or more years of paint refinishing and corrosion control experience working full time as a transportation-related equipment painter is preferred * A valid class California C driver’s license
Physical Requirements/Working Environment* * Must be able to perform job duties as required while wearing full face respirator. Travel * None
Job:Aviation / Support
Title:Apprentice Aircraft Painter
This is an entry level position. Applicants will be trained to assist journeyman painter in all aspects of the painting trade. Including but not limited to proper surface preparations, masking, brushing, rolling, equipment set-up, material handling, job site management, and assist in the production of quality results. Must be physically capable of lifting 5 gallon pails of paint (50+/- pounds), moving and working off ladders and scaffolding, and be adapt to working in a construction environment in a safe manner.
- Open to adapting existing skills to our system of painting procedures and ethical philosophy.
- Self-motivated, organized, focused, and a quick learner.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Clean appearance with a pleasing personality and temperament for daily customer contact.
- A logical independent thinker with leadership potential.
- Currently possess a Florida driver's license.
- Random drug testing and background security check required.
- Languages: Fluently communicates in English with suitable writing skills.
Painter / Apprentice
We have a full-time opening for a painter apprentice
Must be able to work at least 5 shifts per week and be available weekdays.
- PAINTER APPRENTICE - MUST HAVE 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Up to $18.00 per hour depending on qualifications plus benefits
Description: Painting of interior and exterior of single family homes and light commercial projects
Masking, sanding, caulking, puttying and painting
Must have reliable transportation and some hand tools (paint brushes, putty knives, masker etc...)
Painters - Shipyard
SHIPYARD PAINTERS APPLY NOW for Mayport Florida - ~~Per Diem Pay available for qualified candidates
DBIDS eligibility required.
The Painter must possess knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to provide surface preparation and application of high performance coatings for the purpose of preserving Naval vessels and their components. The following is a list of typical work that the Painter might be asked to perform:
Outside Machinist Foreman, Shipyard
We have an immediate opening for outside machinist foreman. Minimum 10 years (recent) experience required. Must be able to read and interpret schematics and blueprints. Must be familiar with shipboard equipment and systems. Must have own tools and be able to undergo and pass Government mandated background check (RapidGate, DBIDS). This post is for work on-board Government vessels that requires the ability to carry up to 75 pounds and climb up and down shipboard ladders.
Qualified candidate will have advanced knowledge of mechanical systems including electromechanical (gearboxes, valves, pumps, turbines) and electrohydraulic (steering gears, anchor windlasses, boat davits, cranes, etc.). Must have recent experience supervising large inside and outside machinists crews. General working knowledge with allied trades such as electrical, piping, structural and sheet-metal is also necessary since interface with other departments is required. Having the ability to generate technical reports and convey them via electronic means is a must. Having the ability to train other workers is a definite plus.
Shipyard Safety Inspector
Performs any of the following maintaining safety compliance, enforces and complies with all safety precautions required by job descriptions. Ensures work site employees are in compliance with safety guidelines and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect machinery, equipment, and working conditions in industrial and/or other settings to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations.
- Observe workers to determine the proper use of prescribed safety equipment, such as glasses, helmets, goggles, respirators and clothing.
- Test working areas for noise, toxicity, and other hazards.
- Prepare finding reports with recommendations for corrective action.
- Investigate accidents to ascertain the cause and use the findings to recommend future preventive safety measures and to aid in developing a better safety program.
- May be required to attend deck plate meetings and hold limited training.
- Perform confined space and machinery space inspections based on directions issued by the safety supervisor.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Able to withstand environmental factors such as:
- Outside weather conditions
- High, precarious places
- Exposed to fumes and airborne particles
- Very loud noise level
- Required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, and reach with hands and arms on a regular basis.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and seek assistance with weights over 50 lbs.
- Occasionally perform other physical activities as required, such as:
- Climbing (including but not limited to, vertical and incline ladders, masts, and king posts)
- Crawling (including but not limited to, through scuttles, manhole covers, tanks, and voids)
- Able to read and comprehend:
- NAVSEA Standard Items
- Must be able to obtain a Government facility security pass.
- Must be able to pass Drug Screening, Work Ability Screening.
EEO / AA / M / F / Vets / Disabled
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!