Painter Plate Job Description Sample
Sourcing Manager - Center OF Plate
SOURCING MANAGER - CENTER OF PLATE 2/7/18North Carolina-Charlotte Refer a Friend Save Apply Job ID: CB02071886616Great People. Real Opportunities.Description: Click here to Learn More about a Career with Foodbuy Job Description Foodbuy is the foodservice industry’s leading Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) focused on lowering purchasing and product costs for foodservice organizations. TheSourcing Manager, Center of Plate is responsible for the sourcing, negotiation and selection of the supply base for Compass & Foodbuy customers. The goal of the job is to optimize value in the supplier/business unit relationship. The key function of the job is to identify and understand the business's requirements and apply a strategic sourcing process, selecting vendors that can best meet all supply chain requirements and deliver the greatest return on investment. Annual threshold will be up to approximately $250m with individual contract negotiation responsibility of $5-$50m. Key relationships will include Strategic Suppliers, Business Need VPs, Sourcing VP, Sourcing Directors, Distribution Director, Finance managers, Committed Customer contacts in Atlanta & CDMs. This position will be based in our
Strategic Sourcing Management
Work with Sourcing Directors to develop Sourcing Strategies and meet business needs ensuring alignment with category business plans
Be an expert in administering 7-step strategic sourcing process
In conjunction with the key business stakeholders, conduct activities relating to negotiating, evaluating & selection of suppliers
Undertake analytical work and spend data analysis
Lead price benchmarking activity across customers and distributors
Negotiate cost reduction and contracts with suppliers
Conduct detailed industry analysis to provide proactive insight to sourcing strategy
Implement best sourcing processes and tools e.g. Traditional RFQ/RFP/RFI, on line Auction, Collaborative sourcing, multi-even negotiations, etc.
Develop & refine the procurement processes to minimize efforts and maximize benefits through compliance & specification controls
RFX development and management
Identify and assess potential supplier pool
Support Category Development raw material management teams as required
Continually strive to seek out opportunities to improve the overall profitability of the business by leveraging market & Sourcing expertise across distribution, products and services Project Management / Value Optimization
Lead cross functional projects.
Develop and manage project plans to ensure completion of required activities and achievement of business needs in the agreed timescales.
Work collaboratively with partners from other functional areas to deliver business objectives.
Presentation of strategies and project outcomes to management.
- Create continued collaboration re. business to business as to impact Foodbuy customers with positive financial benefits
+ 3+ years proven management experience in Procurement and Supply Chain Management with a track record of solid management behavior and results is mandatory.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA is desired
Experience in the food and beverage industry would be an advantage but less important than depth of functional expertise in a business where product management is as a key strategic contributor.
Experience of broader aspects of supply chain, as well as providing evidence of a broader business perspective such as balancing cost, value, risk & opportunity.
Evidence of strong negotiation skills.
Evidence of an ability to work cross-functionally with colleagues in operations, finance, customer service.
Proven track record of ability to influence in a cross functional organization including conflict resolution.
Excellent communicator and relationship builder.
Strong networking skills, ability to influence and get things done through informal as well as formal channels.
Ability to operate at fast pace in an entrepreneurial environment.
Outstanding presentation skills and selling skills to sell in key programs.
Capacity to handle multiple changing agendas yet to stay in control of events.
Ability to travel 10% to 20% annually.
Strong networking skills, ability to influence and get things done through informal as well as formal channels.
Proven track record of applying best practice as a Procurement professional in a significant organization.
Be an expert with analytical tools (e.g. Excel) in order to draw conclusions and make recommendations from large data sets.
- Be extremely proficient at oral / written communication in order to effectively explain complex ideas and approaches to a wide audience (MS Word, MS Project and MS PowerPoint). Apply to Foodbuy today! Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Career LevelManagement (Manager/Director), Mid Career (2+ Years Experience)SectorFoodbuy, Compass CorporateAreas of InterestPurchasing/ProcurementEducationBachelor's DegreeLocaleNorth Carolina-CharlottePreferred LanguageEnglish
Heavy Plate Welder
- Proficient in MIG welding technique using a 1/16 and 3/32 flux-core weld wire.
- Must be able to interpret weld symbols.
- Must be able to operate overhead crane following proper safety procedures.
- Must understand and follow AWSD1.1 welding standard.
2nd and 3rd shift positions
Skilled and Semi-Skilled Trades; Construction; Manufacturing/Industrial; Office; Professional; General Labor
Plate Roller Operator
Plate Roller Operator
The Orizon Division of Spitzer Industries, Inc. provides high-quality fabricated structural steel for the petro-chemicals, refining, power generation, exploration and production, and offshore industries.
We also offer precision mooring and dock fabrication, as well as skid units for gas compression, fire, water, electric generation, and chemical processing.
Position: Hourly Non-Exempt
Summary of Duties
Produce quality parts from metal using a plate roll. Review blue prints and be familiar with finished product. Adjusting machine accordingly to ensure the machine is working at full capacity. Inspection of finished product required to ensure quality meets or exceeds expectations.
This position will have the following general/minimum responsibilities:
- Operate equipment with minimal supervision.
- Measure material height, depth, and thickness using measuring tapes, gauges, or other measuring instruments.
- Measure and cut materials to predetermined lengths.
- Off-load materials and note piece marks.
- Identify member sizes of materials.
- Maintain material control.
- Provide written documentation on cut lists.
- Utilization of the Steel Tracking System (STS).
- Machine maintenance including preventative maintenance weekly and monthly.
- Transfer heat numbers on cut material as required.
- Practices good housekeeping skills and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies.
- Understand and follow safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following education, experience and knowledge are preferred for this position:
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of plate roll experience.
- Familiarity with metals and measuring instruments.
- Able to identify material shapes, grades, and thicknesses.
- Able to interpret prints and read dimensional drawings.
- Basic computer skills to navigate in Windows.
- Machine operations (Plate Roller) - Turning on, manual movement, and powering down.
- Able to provide machine diagnostics and troubleshooting including online assists, perimeter changes, and basic programming.
- Able to operate multiple machines with similar software.
- Must have verbal skills with fluency for the responsibilities assigned.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Exposure to possible shop hazards including but not limited to welding fumes, heat, flash burns, skin burns, high noise level and eye injuries from welding arc and grinders. Spends 100% of time in shop.
- Standing 80% of the time, walking, climbing, bending, stooping, and heavy lifting, pushing and pulling.
Applicants must be able to work overtime including weekends as needed with or without notice. Overtime is not guaranteed and is based on production needs.
Eligibility requirements apply and are based on time with the company.
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance and Voluntary Life
- Accrued Vacation
Position requires 2-3 years of Plate Roller Operator Experience.
Please submit all resumes to Human Resourcesor apply in person at:
7007 FM 362
Brookshire, TX 77423
Spitzer Industries, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities and does not base employment decisions on a job applicant's or an employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Houston-based Spitzer Industries delivers a broad range of steel fabrication of individual process skids, assembled modules and combined solutions for energy industry customers.
We are a leading custom steel fabricator providing engineered packages, heavy vessels, columns and towers, and structural steel to the production, midstream, subsea and petrochemical sectors. With multiple fabricating disciplines and an experienced workforce, we deliver high-quality, custom-designed products safely and on schedule.
Mold Plate Tracker
Snelling is looking for a Mold Plate Tracker for a company in Greenville. The Mold Plate Tracker has the skill set to handle the flow of multiple projects through each step of production.
1st and 2nd shifts available.
$15.75 to $16.75 per hour
Temp to Hire or Direct Hire based on experience
The Mold Plate Tracker must be able to perform and understand the following:
- Safety guidelines.
- Must know company part numbers.
- Understand flow of plates through the shop.
- Knowledge of steel types.
Requirements of the Mold Plate Tracker:
- Previous experience as a Mold Plate Tracker or working in a steel shop
- Solid work experience with longevity at past employment
- Reliable transportation - company located in Greenville
Qualified candidates interested in the Mold Plate Tracker position should submit a resume for immediate consideration.
In 2016, Snelling received Inavero's coveted Best of Staffing award in recognition of our exemplary customer service - an honor bestowed on less than two percent of staffing companies in the industry.
Plate Lunch Counter Help
We are seeking a Plate Lunch Counter Help to become an integral part of our team! You will be responsible for selling products, merchandise, and services in a retail setting in order to drive company revenue.
- Welcome and identify customer needs
- Explain products and services to customers
- Enter and process customer orders
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
Plate Structures Designer
Plate Structures Designer
Location: United States-Texas-Houston
The Plate Structures Designer will be utilizing 2D and/or 3D CAD skills and CB&I engineering tools for the production of plate structure design deliverables including drawings and material take offs for plate structures. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
Ensures details are safe, of high quality, cost effective, follow the estimate or cost basis and are in accordance with CB&I standards, specified domestic and international codes and customer contractual requirements + Coordinate with design technicians and other designers when activities overlap.
Will be responsible to effectively communicate work status and information needs with the project team, other engineering disciplines and other CB&I departments.
Has a good understanding of the CB&I organization and work processes for Plate Structures Engineering.
Maintains the skills of design technician role
High School Diploma or equivalent + 2-3 years of drafting/design experience + Proficient in current engineering design and drafting software packages and has a working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, CB&I engineering tools, work processes, fabrication and construction capabilities.
Able to fully understand and comprehend all technical detailing aspects for assigned projects and pro-actively develop information required for completing engineering deliverables.
Is capable of identifying and addressing technical inconsistencies and contract scope changes. Desired/
Associates Degree or two year Technical Degree in Design or Architecture OR equivalent experience + 2-3 years of design experience of storage vessels and/or pressure chambers
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With more than 125 years of experience, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality .
Job Schedule: Full-time
Feb 22, 2018, 2:32:19 PM
Requisition ID: 1710548 CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lead Area Manager - Plate Mill
Title: Lead Area Manager - Plate Mill
Job Function: Manufacturing / Operations
Business Unit Group: Global Rolled Products
Position Description: Since it opened in 1948, Arconic’s Davenport, Iowa aluminum facility has been at the forefront of American manufacturing. Arconic is the world's leading producer and manager of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and is active in all major aspects of the industry.
Arconic serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of Arconic’s businesses as a single solution to customers. Nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River in Iowa, the plant employs 2,400 people and is a focal point of the global aluminum industry, with a substantial piece of its revenues coming from exports. Through continued modernization, including ~$600 million capital investment over the past decade, Davenport is one of the world’s premier aerospace and automotive suppliers and is flagship plant of Arconic’s global business.
The objective of the Lead Area Manager (LAM) is to be accountable for results within his/her respective Department and Area in Environment and Safety, Productivity, Customer Delivery, People Development, and Quality using ABS systems (Lean Manufacturing) such as TPM, daily Management, 5S etc. The Lead Area Manager has 24/7 accountability for a department consisting of approximately 400 direct and indirect reports, including production, maintenance and salaried employees. The Lead Area Manager will be the primary customer/supplier representative for his/her department and area in the horizontal help chain for its respective flow path.
The LAM will engage the resources at his/her disposal to meet the focus area objectives set by the Executive Managers in support of the business objectives. These objectives will be achieved while orchestrating the flow of material to balance the needs of all areas of Davenport Works. Environmental, health, and safety (EHS): The incumbent recognizes that accident prevention is equal in importance to production, quality, delivery and cost control, and accepts the responsibility to work safely and promote safety consciousness among fellow employee. Human Performance (HP) Tools are the foundation of the Davenport Safety Program.
The incumbent is expected to embrace and proliferate the growth of HP to continue to improve on a world class safety culture. Arconic Business Systems (ABS): The Lead Area Manager is responsible for leading Kaizen, TPM, and safety events in his/her respective areas. The incumbent will lead department objectives and coordinate with other Area Managers where necessary. The LAM is an active participant in the development of the Departmental A3.
This includes setting, executing, and reporting 30-60-90 day plans in support of the Departmental A3.
The LAM also ensures the daily management board is developed, implemented, and maintained to facilitate appropriate focus on the departments’ objectives, performance, and improvements being made.
Quality: The LAM is responsible for driving quality improvements in alignment with the plant wide quality policy. The incumbent is also responsible for aligning the organization to deliver departmental requirements for quality audits including but not limited to 3 rd party certification audits as well as internal quality audits.
Cost Control: The LAM is accountable for area and department expense monitoring and cost control. While working with other area managers, the LAM needs to work to deliver a cost structure that meets the monthly appropriations. The LAM drives the basis for the development of the departmental annual budget and is responsible for delivering the expected results.
People: The LAM will provide additional coaching/mentoring to Area Managers in Department, which includes setting/reviewing annual development and performance objectives for Group Leaders. The LAM also manages department Metallurgical and Engineering resources and directs them to fulfill area objectives.
Capital: In addition to maintaining day to day operations, the LAM must oversee the implementation of large scale capital projects while driving timely implementation and adherence to the approved budget. The projects require coordination between multiple teams and have tight deadlines to achieve expected returns.
Maintaining the business while positioning it for future growth through the commissioning and normal operations of the new project is integral to the role. The following are some examples of abilities/expereinces needed to be successful in this role:
Ability to work in a matrix organization
Ability to lead a team
Working knowledge of multiple areas
The ability to manage and influence employees that do not structurally report to them
Excellent problem-solving skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) #LI-AB1
Requisition Number: 22509BR
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Master’s Degree with at least 8 years of management experience in a large, complex manufacturing facility
Experience in a leadership role in a team-based manufacturing environment.
A demonstrated history of driving results
Experience working in a union environment.
Primary Location: IA-Davenport
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors
Minimum Travel Required: 0-25%
Bachelor degree in engineering, finance, business and/or supply chain from an accredited institution. Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a manufacturing environment.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Business Unit: GRP Operations
Job Type: Experienced Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits). We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.
Printing Pre-Press Plate Mounter
ResourceMFG is hiring for a Plate Mounter at a large printing warehouse in Granite City, IL.
Training will be completed on 1st shift (7:00am to 3:30pm) with the possibility of being transferred to 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Weekly paychecks
- Free online college courses for advancement opportunities
- Medical Benefits
- Reads and initials work order to verify knowledge of order specifications at beginning of each order, and checks blue lines or sample bags for colors & correct copy.
- Looks through orders for the week’s production, checks plates for scars, wear, or defects before mounting, and completes a Plate Alert form for the supervisor if a new plate is needed.
- Mounts plates with accuracy onto cylinders, using pins for proper registration, in a timely manner
- Notifies Press Operator of any problems or discrepancies.
- Complete Plate Mounters Report Daily.
- Monitors inventory of plate mounting supplies
- Cleans plates and cylinders and puts them away daily.
- Assists Assistant Press Operator when all work in area is complete and approved by Press Operator or Supervisor.
- Learns proper procedure for machine operation, in the event a Press Operator position comes open.
- Excellent Math skills
- Ability to read a ruler
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Steel Toe shoes
Sheet Bender / Plate Bender
Job Description: Perform all functions of tube bending ensuring safety, quality, and productivity.
Responsibilities: This list is not all inclusive
• Set up, adjust and operate tube bending machinery and equipment to bend structural metal pipe, tube, bar, etc. to specifications.
• Fabricate directly from drawings, samples, or instructions without supervision.
• Select all layouts, templates, or check fixtures.
• Develop layouts from drawings, samples or instructions.
• Select all tools, dies, and plane gauge requirements.
• Check bent parts to drawing specification and tolerance using proper measurement and inspect equipment.
• Inspect end product from bending operation to ensure accuracy maintain and operate tube bending equipment.
• Identify, properly tag and remove non-conforming materials.
• Complete all required paperwork in a correct and timely manner.
• Perform first article runs and communicate recommendations as appropriate.
• Operate hoist, cart caddy, fork lift, and manual pallet jack.
• Communicate with other departments as necessary.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations. Skills/
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• A minimum of one year experience in manufacturing.
• Knowledge of bending equipment and ability to adjust and solve problems as needed.
• Ability to operate and/or read a tape measure, calipers, protractors blueprints and process sheets.
Fork lift certified.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
Effective and professional communication skills-verbal and written.
Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. • Detailed oriented and ability to multitask.
• Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities.
• Ability to handle stressful situations such as heavy/varying workload and order accuracy.
• Logical troubleshooting skills.
• Work in a fast-paced-team environment, flexibility.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
• This position is very active and requires standing and walking for 10 hours/day.
• Bend/kneel, stoop/crouch, twist/turn, grasp/reach overhead and outward frequently.
The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 50lbs. frequently.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing & vision protection, steel-toes shoes and appropriate protective clothing.
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
CNC Plate Processor (Operator)
We have an immediate need for 2nd shift (5:00pm-4:00am Monday-Thursday, 2:30pm-11:00pm Friday & noon-6:00pm on Saturday) CNC Plate Processor operator. Qualified candidates do not need to have experience with a plate processor (we will train) BUT MUST be familiar with CNC/PLC controlled equipment and do some programming. Qualified candidate must also have a valid driver's license & transportation, be able to pass pre-employment & random drug testing and have a clean criminal history. If qualified and interested please reply to this posting with a current resume. Thank you for your interest.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!