Painter Spray Ii Job Description Sample
Spray Painter - 2Nd Shift
Cobham is seeking a Spray Painter – 2nd Shift. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
Sprays and/or brushes paints for all types of finishes; applies prime, semi-finish and finish coats using paints, lacquers, enamels, varnishes, undercoats, etc., on a variety of surfaces, checking painted/coated parts against job specifications.
Obtains job specifications from a variety of readouts and presentations including blueprints, engineering specs, and written and oral instructions.
Mixes paints, lacquers, and varnishes for correct viscosity.
Performs visual inspection of all material prior to painting.
Operates baking oven and monitors temperatures and bake cycle times.
Plugs and masks work as required.
Cleans brushes and spray guns.
Uses all tools and fixtures necessary for the performance of tasks.
Performs routine equipment maintenance.
Performs other routine duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED required. * 5 years of experience with job-related painting techniques. * 5 years of experience applying paints and other coatings to a variety of surfaces, using spray guns and/or brushes. * 5 years of experience in correctly mixing various paints, lacquers, varnishes; plugging and masking work, and loading and unloading drying and baking ovens. * 2 years of experience with receiving job specifications by reading blueprints, engineering specifications and written instructions. * 2 years of experience with using tools and fixtures necessary for job completion. * 2 years of experience performing routine maintenance on equipment.
This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience reading military specs. Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust
Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring. _ _
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities atwww.cobham.com/careers_ or follow us on our LinkedIn page at_www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going towww.cobham.com/careers
Job Category:* Operations
Primary Location:* US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization:* Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Job Posting:* 24-Jan-2018, 3:24:31 PM
Recruiter:* Natalie Dolan
Req ID:* 246934
Allied Reliability Group is currently seeking a Spray Painter for a large manufacturing company in
1) Sprays surfaces of machines, manufactured products, or working area with protective or decorative material, such as primer, paint, enamel, using spray gun: Cleans grease and dirt from product, using materials, such as lacquer thinner, soap, and water.
2) Applies masking tape over parts and areas that are not to be coated.
3) Sands/preps the primer surface to include removing defects and to fill cavities and dents with body filler and putty to attain smooth surface.
4) Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color, according to specifications, using paddle or mechanical mixer.
5) Pours coating liquid into spray container and connects gun to air hose.
6) Turns sprayer valves and nozzle to regulate width and pressure of spray according to knowledge of painting technique.
7) Pulls trigger and directs spray onto work surface to apply prime or finish coat.
8) Cleans spraying equipment and brushes with solvent.
9) Capable of doing spot repair on parts, using blending clear to cut in edges.
10) Wet sand small defects and buff paint back to original shine.
11) May be designated: Painter, Insignia; Panel Finisher; Primer Sprayer; Sprayer, Auto Parts; Thinner Sprayer, buffing.
12) May act as lead person in group.
1) Automotive manufacturing background preferred.
2) Industrial spray painting experience required.
Industrial Spray Painter - Syracuse, NY
Industrial Spray Painter - Syracuse, NY please click here to Submit your Resume Please attach your resume in one of these file formats: doc, docx, docm, odf, odt, pdf, wpd. Candidates needed to paint and prep various types of materials with a heavy emphasis on structural steel.
Pay $17+ DOE plus solid benefits package upon hire by our client. Contract-to-hire opportunity. Must have 3+ years of industrial painting experience (using zinc, epoxy and urethane paints) and solid work history. Job Specialty Skilled Trades Staff Contact Mike Carr Job Services Contract to Hire
salary:$14 - $16 per hour
date posted:Thursday, February 1, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
Please do not apply if you do not have the experience. Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
Skilled Trade - Industrial Spray Painter / Spray Painter
Fletcher Painting Looking for an Industrial Spray Painter / Spray Painter.
- Minimum Five Years Experience working with air-assist spray painting pumps required.
- Must be able to mix epoxy primer and paints, use air assist spray equipment, use a pressure pot.
- Prepare items to be painted by cleaning, sanding, and masking, mixing epoxy paints, and painting parts to completion.
- May need to travel to various locations to complete painting jobs.
- Must have transportation.
- Must be dependable.
Industrial Spray Painter
This is a perm position that will perform advanced level work in the spray painting and finishing of high end products per customer specs. Cleans and prepares paint surfaces as well as cleans surrounding areas to ensure the best product possible. Mixes various kinds of paint to exact tolerances and adheres to paint manufacturers specifications to insure a high quality finish.
- Cleaning and preparing paint surface
- Sanding premiered surfaces when needed
- Mixing paint
- Wearing paint suits mask/hood and gloves or other PPE
- Moving material with fork lift or by hand when applicable
- Hanging and unhanging product as needed.
- Proper storage of paint supplies
- Proper disposal of paint residue
- Must know how to properly maintain and wear paint suits mask/hood and gloves or other PPE
- Must know how to paint using a pressure pot and an HVLP Pressure/Siphon Feed Spray gun
- Must maintain spray booth / clean work area after use
- Must know how to use proper equipment to hang products for painting
help you unlock your next opportunity. Start your search today and call our Franklin - Micro Tech location at 508-507-7179. We’re looking forward to working with you!
Aircraft Spray Painter - Orlando, FL
Aircraft Spray Painter - Orlando, FL
POSITION SUMMARY: To layout, mark and perform the more complicated painting assignments on new delivery and customer-owned aircraft, to meet Quality Control inspection and customer acceptance
POSITION RESPONSIBILTIES: 99. To interpret drawings provided by Sales Department and customers for the layout and masking of logos, stripes, and registration numbers 99.
Prepare cost estimates of materials, labor, and time to complete touch-up, stripes, logos, and registration number changes 99. Working from oral and written instruction, regularly perform painting rework on the completed aircraft (both exterior and interior surfaces), using extreme care to avoid overspray damage to other areas of the aircraft. Frequently involves matching of some special paint finishes applied in the field, both foreign and domestic 99.
Use and adjust, clean and service spray guns, paint pots, hoses, and other spray equipment 99. Apply fillers, prep, prime, and paint small and large surfaces to include items as large as fuselage, tails, and wings 99.
Perform blends as needed 99.
Keep inventory of supplies and order in advance to assure needed items are on hand 99. Work with internal customers to assure aircraft is on schedule and within budget 99.
Perform other related duties as required
- Required: - Use of simple arithmetic together with simple drawings and specifications and some measuring devices.
Equivalent to high school education
1-3 years experience in a variety of spray painting and rework assignments
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Security Badge through the local airport authority (if applicable)
WORKING CONDITIONS Continuous exposure to several disagreeable elements The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Florida-Orlando
Req ID: 261968
Spray Painter - Signage
In search of quality oriented, highly motivated, safety driven individuals for a busy full service sign shop in business for 30 years.
- Spray paint of all types of signage including but not limited to ...
- Channel Letters
- Illuminated Cabinets
- Impact Wall Graphics
- Material prep.
- Previous experience in a sign shop
- Knowledge of HPLV systems
- Experienced with solvent based paints
- Matthews Paint experienced preferred
- Automotive spray paint experience helpful
- Review every 6 months
Come join the team. (Baltimore City)
Experience Industrial Spray Painter
A company is looking for an experienced Industrial Spray Painter in their Londonderry manufacturing facility. Please give the office a call at 603-606-7177 if you are interested or send your resume over to email@example.com!!
Pay- $15/hr. to $18/hr. based on experienced
1st shift- 7am to 3:30pm Monday thru Friday
2nd Shift- 3:30pm to 2am Monday thru Thursday
Sheet metal experience a plus!
Benefits of using our agency:
- We find the perfect match for you and do all the work for you.
- Easier entry into companies because of the connections we have.
- Health Insurance offered.
- Job Trials- being able to try out different positions to see what is the best fit for you!
Production Spray Painter
Albar Industries, Inc., a Lapeer area leader in the automotive painting industry is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Spray Painters – Applicants must be able to operate and maintain a paint spray gun, keep up with line speeds, and be able to perform repetitive motions for up to 8 hours per day.
Applicants must be able to use respiratory equipment and practice proper safety procedures. Applicants must be available to work any shift. We offer competitive wages and medical, dental, and vision benefits. Interested candidates may apply in person at Albar Industries Inc., 780 Whitney Dr., Lapeer, MI 48446, by fax (810) 667-2197, online at www.albar.com or by email.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!