Pallet Assembler Job Description Sample
Pallet Jack Operator (Kanban)
Kleen Test Products has an immediate opening for a Kanban Runner (Pallet Jack Operator) in Strasburg, OH on all shifts. In this role you will supply production lines with correct materials needed to support production demands - our lines cannot run without you, so this is a CRITICAL role to our success!
Essential Functions of a KANBAN RUNNER at Kleen Test Products:
- Operate a hand cart, forklift and/or manual and electric pallet jacks to move, stack, and unstuck materials.
- Follow FIFO (first in first out)
- Accurately input of barcode data into aScan system.
- Operate a pallet wrapper; apply and remove pallet labels; lift and stack empty pallets; remove pallet wrap.
- Removal of waste from production lines
- Support production lines as needed and directed (i.e. skidding, packing, cleaning)
What can KTP do for you?
- Develop yourself - Opportunities for rapid growth and advancement
- Stability - We've never had a lay off!
- Respect and teamwork - You are not just a number at KTP; join our team and let us prove it to you!
WHY WAIT? Apply to join our team TODAY!
- A qualified applicant will have a strong work ethic, and desire to stay busy
- Must have one to three months related experience and/or training
- Flexibility, and willingness to work wherever needed is critical to this position
- Must have the ability to operate, or be trained to operate, the following equipment: hand cart, forklift, manual and electric pallet jacks, and pallet wrapper.
- Legible printing on customer and company forms.
- Applicants should be able to sit, stand, squat, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, twist, or carry for long periods of time.
Battery Extractor And Pallet Repair
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers, love, how they live, in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our 3 brands; Crate and Barrel, CB2, and Crate and Kids. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this. As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on-time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection.
Maximize the company growth and profitability through the cleaning and stocking of the facility; including public areas and the restrooms.
Maintain the cleanliness of the Distribution Center to help provide a safe and sanitary working environment in the facility.
Keep appropriate stock levels of supplies for designated areas to help provide an uninterrupted work flow on a daily basis.
Follow the loss prevention and security guidelines to minimize inventory shrinkage and profit loss.
Promote a culture of respect and an atmosphere of teamwork in order to foster a positive working environment.
Abide by the established dependability guidelines to maintain business productivity.
Adhere to company safety guidelines to prevent personal injury and product and facility damage.
Move merchandise, supplies, and/or boxes.
Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 pounds; Heavier merchandise with team assistance
High School diploma/GED or equivalent a plus
Must work effectively as a team member
Bilingual in Spanish a plus
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Job ID 2018-3640 Date posted 11/09/2018 Position Type Full-Time
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as "the Company". The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
Pallet Sorter- Overnights
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc., based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
As a Pallet Sorter, you will empty return trailers from store deliveries of empty pallets, totes, and cardboard bales.
Sort through returned packaging and move to proper place in warehouse
Unload returned trailer-truck's cargo hold of returned pallets, totes, and cardboard bales
Sort pallets, totes, and cardboard bales according to truck, color, and destination
Record data regarding amount and type of returned packaging
Load packaging onto appropriate trucks according to vendor
Clean work area at the end of each shift
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
Electric Pallet Jack Operator
Warehouse Job Fair on Thursday November 8th from 10am-3pm!
433 Oak Glen Rd. Howell NJ 07731
United Natural Foods, Inc.
At United Natural Foods (UNFI), we know people thrive when they can do what they enjoy. We take our mission of discovering top talent and serving our associates seriously. That's why we hire the brightest and most passionate individuals. Our goal is to keep you fulfilled, happy, and continually learning.
- Identifies the correct pick location and pick sequence in accordance to the order
- Picks the correct item and quantity, checking UPC’s or item descriptions
- Places pick labels on the side of the cases
- Correctly identifies Master Case locations
- Identifies and immediately reports miss-located products
- Shrink wraps and labels with correct truck, stop and other required information
- Stages pallets in appropriate bay
- Listens for first and last call and obtains all out of stocks in a timely manner
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area
- Immediately informs a foreman, supervisor or manager of any potential safety threats
- Obtains aisle-cleaning assignment
- Operates pallet jack/push cart in a safe and efficient manner
- Reports to supervisor or lead any violation of company policy
- Builds a stable and well cubed pallet
Pallet Jack Driver
This position is responsible for operating machinery and maintaining production flow while also maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Tyson policies and procedures.
These positions are responsible for transporting pallets of products using an electric pallet jack. Must be capable of visually inspecting boxes of product.
Positions require the ability to push pull carry lift 40+ pounds. Must be able to work in damp cold or damp hot environments, use of hands and arms above shoulder level and be able stand 10-12+ hours a day. Must be able to climb up and down stairs to get to from the work areas. Must wear PPE, ear protection (plugs or muffs), hair net and beard guard.
Positions will be for 2ND shift (nights). This facility may run 6 days a week, Monday-Saturday. Must be willing to walk stand for the duration of the shift.
Must be able to obtain company pallet jack certification. Must be able to read, write and have a good basic knowledge of math. Bending, twisting, turning, and good hand eye coordination is required.
Tyson Foods, Inc. voluntarily participates in the E-Verify system and uses all tools made available by the federal government to confirm the employment eligibility of all team members. Persons offered employment with Tyson Foods are required to provide documentation proving their employment eligibility, and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the E-Verify process.
What is E-Verify (English) (Español) EEO is the Law (English) (Español) Right to Work (English) (Español) EEO is the Law Supplemental (English) (Español) Pay Transparency Policy Statement (English) (Español)
All Tyson Team Members are responsible for safety. This includes but is not limited to personal safety and food safety.
Capstone Logistics is the premier provider of 3rd Party services in distribution centers across the nation. With a foot print of over 400 DCs in 45 states and Canada, Capstone is THE preferred partner for many major Retailers, Groceries and specialty companies. With high-growth expected this year, we are looking for top talent that is interested in career opportunities to grow with us!
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US:
Full-time permanent career day one
Full benefits offered after 60 days of employment
Career growth - We look to promote from within first with over 400 sites and growing there is tons of opportunity!
Join our travel team, see the country, learn how all of our sites operate
The sanitation associate keep the work site clean and free debris
You will learn both sanitation and pallet sorting best practices within a warehouse facility, working alone or in teams with minimal supervision
Work with a high level of direct contact with customer's staff and outside delivery personnel; emphasis is placed on the ability to relate in a positive, friendly manner
Assigned to specified areas within work environment to maintain consistent workflow and meet customer expectations
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
High-energy individual with a strong work ethic
Self-motivated with ability to work with limited supervision
Independent decision maker as needed to accomplish tasks
Lift and carry a minimum of up to 75 pounds repeatedly throughout shift
Handling of pallets as directed by Capstone management and customer, meeting company standards, customer time lines and maintaining a safe work environment
Keeps Site Supervisor and Manager informed regarding conditions on the dock, accomplishments and concerns; contributes suggestions for improvements
Flexible work schedule due to changing operational needs
Sit or stand for periods in office as well as warehouse environment (concrete flooring and changing temperatures)
Pallet Consolidator- 1St Shift (Frank Brunckhorst Co. Llc)
Frank Brunckhorst Co., LLC
Ensures orders are processed in accordance with the Boar's Head's customer service standards. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a warehouse or distribution center. Works without close supervision; typically reports to a lead, supervisor, and/or manager.
Verifies order accuracy.
Packs, palletizes, and prepares orders for shipment in the distribution center.
Verifies that orders are processed in accordance with the Boar's Head's customer service standards.
Maintain a positive and productive working relationship with all associates, coworkers, and upper management.
Able to adapt to other responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Assist other departments as assigned by Supervisor/Lead/Manager.
Must follow company's GMP's, SOP's, Rules and Policies.
Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
Strives to satisfy the requirements of internal and external customers.
Responsible for keeping work area clean.
Other duties may be assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Time Type:Full time
Department:Inventory Movement 1st Shift
Pallet Jack Operator Position
Basic Job Concept:
The Jack Operator is responsible for bringing in product for production, Jack Operator must be motived and have clear communication skills. The Operator is required to pay close attention to product quality and to pull with accuracy. The Jack Operator will be using an electric pallet jack to pull orders and return the product. The Jack Operator is responsible to properly document all pulls and returns, PO#’s, and is also responsible for proper rotation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be able to perform simple math calculations.
- Prior selecting experience in a fast paced warehouse environment preferred.
- Basic produce knowledge and experience preferred.
- Minimum of six (6) months experience with operating an electric pallet jack.
- Forklift experience preferred, but not required.
- Operate an electric pallet jack safely and efficiently.
- Select product in proper rotation; unless otherwise directed.
- Ensure that all products are the correct specification and quality to meet production needs.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of inventory and proper product rotation.
- Properly label and tag all pallets.
- Must adhere to all safety guidelines, policies, and procedures at all time without exception.
- Must pre-trip pallet jacks and forklift before every shift.
- Responsible for cleaning raw storage area and other designated areas as directed by management.
- Perform any additional tasks as directed by management personnel.
- Must work with other employees in a professional manner at all times.
- Responsible for working until relieved by the supervisor. This may require working longer than the scheduled shift.
- Ensure that all paperwork is properly filled out and signed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- Holiday, Weekend and Overtime work is required.
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule is required
- Adherence to all Good Manufacturing Practices(GMP’s), Preferred Work Methods(PWM’s), Company Policies and Safety procedures.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be able to perform simple math calculations.
- Must be able to operate an electric pallet jack.
- Must be a team player and able to work well with others.
The Physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
- Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
- Lift and move cases (selecting a product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight from 10 lbs. to 100 lbs. continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
- Use hands to sweep and pick up debris.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a required level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform the position.
- Must have the ability to work in a cold cooler environment for periods of time in excess of 8 hours.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and handcarts, and in cold wet environments, Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse or production rooms and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from 34-60 degrees in the coolers. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs.
This position sorts pallets by size and material. Manual Lifting is a heavy component to this position.
Job Title: Laborer
Department: Operations / Industrial Services
Reports To: Production Supervisor
FLSA Classification: Nonexempt
The primary focus for this position is to ensure that Zero Waste Recycling stores, moves and handles hazardous or non-hazardous materials in a safe and compliant manner, all while being as most efficient as possible.
Responsibilities / Duties Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Operates various hand tools to ensure correct sizing of material for processing.
Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor.
Maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
Identifies, transports, packs, removes and disposes of materials.
Must follow safety procedures and regulations, including wearing special protective gear and disposing of materials as required by law.
Sorts materials, such as metals, glass, wood, paper or plastics into appropriate containers for recycling.
Sort metals to separate high-grade metals such as copper, brass and aluminum for recycling.
Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Secondary Responsibilities / Duties
Ability to take necessary steps to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
Actively role model all company policies and procedures.
Establish and maintain effective relationships with Operations, Managers, Supervisors and employees.
Ability to implement and follow through with Standard Operating Procedures for recycling programs.
Other duties as assigned.
Diversity and Inclusion.
Qualifications / Other Requirements
Ability to be on call or work off hours as needed.
Demonstrated ability to work independently with attention to detail and organizational abilities.
Superior analytical/problem solving, written and verbal communications.
Education / Certification
- High school diploma or GED
Physical Demands / Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Electro-Mechanical Assembler / Technical Assembler / Production Assembler
Description:Lockheed Martin Space is seeking candidates who are energized and passionate about helping us build the space technologies of tomorrow. We are going to Mars and beyond! Join us in the journey!
The Assembler will support production activities in either the Chemical Mix Lab or Battery Work Center at the Littleton, CO manufacturing facility. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate skills and abilities necessary to assemble, document and validate products manufactured within the work area. A continuous improvement mindset, focus on world-class quality, and the ability to work effectively within a team environment are key assets.
Candidates will be required to take courses and pass subsequent written and practical application tests as a contingency to employment in the following disciplines:
- Connector Mate & Demate
- NASA Cable & Harness
- NASA Polymerics
- Hardware Torqueing
- Adhesive Bonding
- JSTD001MAP Solder Certification
Entry Level candidates will possess applicable experience where mechanical skills and aptitude are valued. Entry Level candidates will be considered for the Chemical Mix Lab only.
Mid to Advance Level candidates will possess experience in electromechanical or electronics manufacturing environments where successful hands-on experience in mechanical assembly, soldering and harness fabrication were performed. Mid to Advance Level candidates may be considered for multiple opportunities.
- Must display maturity of action and judgment with a demonstrated track record of resourcefulness from previous assignments.
- Must be able to read and comprehend detailed work instructions, engineering drawings & specifications.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic functions for weight measurements, torque conversions, temperature conversions and dimensional measurements.
- Ability to work second shift if required, weekends and holidays in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion and maintenance of all required certifications.
- This position will be located at a facility that requires approved entry access.
- Experience with the mixing of materials for flight hardware coating, bonding, and staking applications.
- Solder, bonding and coating certifications.
- Cable and harness manufacturing experience.
- Box/Module assembly experience.
- Prior Solder Fountain or Wave Solder experience
- Prior Automated SMT equipment experience.
- Prior experience in PCBA or CCA Manufacturing to include hand soldering of SMT and PTH components.
- Prior experience in Space Systems assembly to include electronic and mechanical fabrication.
- Prior experience in electrical testing and/or in-line inspections and verifications.
- Experience with new product introductions, continuous improvement, cost and quality optimization on the production floor is highly desired.
- Previous industry related certifications to include: IPC Soldering and Cabling Certifications, NASA Hand Solder, J-STD, Hardware Torqueing, Adhesive Bonding, Polymerics, Connector Mate & De-mate, NASA Cable Harness.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!