Palo Alto Job Description Sample
Terrain Cafe in Palo Alto is currently looking for Line Cooks to join our team!
Deeply rooted in nature and plant life, Terrain is inspired by the idea of merging house and garden to create an experience for all the seasons, to shape a life lived outside and in.
Terrain pairs this botanical setting with a convivial atmosphere to welcome family and friends. Built on strong relationships with trusted growers, we create locally-sourced menus that reflect harvest cycles across the seasons. Warm and inviting, our spaces are designed to captivate the senses and inspire a celebratory, communal spirit.
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, and other food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing and preparing appropriate garnishes for menu items.
- Prep and cook food in a timely manner by following recipes and prep lists set forth by the Chef de Cuisine and BOH Managers.
- Assume 100% responsibility for quality of products served. Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products on line station to ensure a smooth service.
- Handle, store and rotate all product properly.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, ovens, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Be a team player and help other stations when needed with prep and service.
- Properly close station by following cleaning and closing checklists.
- Follow sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and kitchen maintenance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Chef de Cuisine and BOH Managers.
- Previous food service experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with managers and co-workers.
- Self-motivated and interested in taking on additional roles and responsibilities
- Flexible availability
- Must be able to take direction and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 45 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- Be able to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- Health: Medical, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance, Healthcare FSA, 24 Hour Healthcare Concierge.
- Financial: 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match; RRSP for Canada, Life Insurance, Health and Dependent Care FSA, Short and Long Term Disability.
- Time Off: Paid Time Off for Full Time Employees unless otherwise specified by State or Provincial Laws.
- Discounts: Employee discount on URBN brands: Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, Terrain, and Vetri Family.
If you're interested in joining our team, drop us a line and let us know why you would be a great fit. We look forward to meeting you!
Founded in 2008, our flagship Terrain location in Glen Mills, Pennsylvania, opened on the site of the historic J. Franklin Styer’s Nursery. Terrain is inspired by the idea of merging house and garden to create an experience for all of the senses, as well as catering to our customer—a lighthearted sophisticate—with a variety of products and services to captivate her imagination, enhance her life and bolster her community.
From diverse native plants, hand-picked planters and all-weather furniture to seasonal décor, outdoor lighting and gifts for every occasion, our product assortment is curated to blur the line between life lived outside and in. To that end, and because it happens to be what we love ourselves, our Pennsylvania, Connecticut and California retail locations are situated in beautiful indoor-outdoor environments, both with an onsite nursery, restaurant and café.
Sales Associate Brand: White House Black Market
Category: Retail Sales
Stanford Shopping Ctr, Palo Alto, CA
The Sales Associate is primarily responsible for ensuring a great customer experience and maximum profitability. Performs various sales and register transactions and aids in controlling shrink through customer interaction.
1.Meets company sales goals by utilizing sales techniques and communicating product knowledge to the customer; recommends merchandise selections or helps to locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
2.Performs various sales and register transactions including ringing purchases, processing of cash or credit payments and counting money.
3.Maintains an awareness of customers to both increase service levels and reduce security risks; remains current on policies regarding payment and exchanges, customer service, security practices, and other applicable operations.
4.Maintains knowledge of current sales and promotions; maintains pricing and visual standards.
5.Builds and maintains a solid customer following through clienteling and wardrobing
6.Maintains standards in merchandise handling, presentation, loss prevention, and all other duties as directed by Management.
7.Participates in visual directives including monthly store sets and zone maintenance.
8.Other duties as assigned/required.
1.Must be 18 years of age or older
2.High School diploma or equivalent
3.Retail or sales experience preferred
4.Excellent communication skills
5.Excellent customer service skills
6.Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
7.Communicate with customers, Associates, and Management; wear / communicate with headset; stand and maneuver around sales floor and stockroom; operate register; lift and carry 30 pounds; hang / fold merchandise; climb, reach, push / pull, and clean
8.Regular attendance is essential to this position in order to ensure adequate coverage to meet company objectives. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required
ABOUT CHICO'S FAS
Chico's FAS, Inc. is a cultivator of brands serving the lifestyle needs of fashion-savvy women 30 years and older. Our brand portfolio currently consists of four brands:
Chico's, White House Black Market, Soma Intimates and Boston Proper. Our brands are all specialty retailers of private label women's apparel, accessories and related products. Currently, we operate over 1,450 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S. and Canada, as well as an online presence for each of our brands.
ID. 1034 - Cloud Infrastructure Asset Manager
When you build products and tools of the future, influence millions of users and help businesses grow, it is extremely important that our people love what they do and feel included. At Digital Onus, we celebrate individuality and try to make every day unique. There is something for everyone, here. We are constantly developing innovative ways to engage with our people and help them unleash their creative curiosity at work. We are engineers, managers, analysts, architects, coders and designers. But more importantly, we are dreamers, creators and challengers.
If building products and tools of the future and helping businesses grow, gets you out of bed every day, you’re one of us already. We are always looking for the brightest candidates to come as they are and do what they love to do. If you’re ready to build technology of the future, join our team and together let’s rewrite the future for our customers and accelerate growth.
Be part of our family!
Looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Asset Manager:
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems, or equivalent.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in the high-tech industry, preferably ERP application domain.
• Experience in business Operations pertaining to infrastructure Inventory Management (Purchasing and Fulfillment).
• Understanding of common industry standard business practices related to Accounting principles (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing), Order Management (Billing and Invoicing).
• Business knowledge of cloud infrastructure with hands-on experience in supply chain management and enterprise asset inventory systems.
• Experience creating business requirements documents and other application related systems for new and existing process improvements.
• Proven success in managing complex and multi-faceted programs with the ability to drive and execute projects through completion.
• Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
• Ability to present ideas to various levels of an organization and gain support for initiatives.
• Must be comfortable in a fast-paced micro startup culture, deadline-driven environment and able to manage priorities.
• Experience and flexibility working with global remote team members.
• Experience with various program management best practices such as Agile Scrum or other iterative development models.
• Experience working in an environment within a UNIX/Linux, SQL and Oracle landscape.
• Experience with capacity planning and various aspects of the discipline.
• Intimate knowledge of datacenter architecture, planning and expansions.
• Knowledge of audit compliance process with SOX, PCI and SOC a plus.
Caviar Driver Part Time - San Francisco
Become a Courier
Earn up to $25/hr on a Flexible Schedule
Easy Money. Deliver food in your city and earn up to $25/hour! Money is deposited into your bank account each week.
Flexible schedule. Work as a driver on weekdays or weekends.
Or both. Experience the freedom of working whenever you want.
What is Caviar? Caviar is a service that provides food delivery from local restaurants to homes and offices. Founded in 2012, Caviar has helped thousands of people earn income as bike couriers and drivers.
How do I get paid? Couriers are compensated for each successful delivery with a task-based fee. Money is deposited into your bank account each week.
Who can become a Caviar Courier? Anyone with a vehicle (car, truck, bike, scooter, or motorcycle) and a customer-service mentality is eligible.
You must be 18 years or older with a smartphone to use our mobile driver app. Drivers must have 2 years of driving experience. Other applicants have previously been delivery drivers, Uber drivers, Postmates, bike couriers, Lyft drivers, or store associates.
What is the time commitment? You have the flexibility to choose your own delivery hours!
Caviar is typically busy during the lunch and dinner delivery shifts, open 7 days a week from 8am—11:30pm. The more you work as a driver, the more you'll earn.
How does the application process work? A Caviar representative will contact you after receiving your application.
The process includes an interview and an in-person session. You may be subject to a background check following your interview or after you have received a conditional offer, in compliance with local law. After you and Caviar have agreed to the Courier Terms and Conditions, you can make yourself available to deliver for Caviar. You'll be out on the road and delivering in no time!
Is Caviar in my city or town? Caviar is expanding its delivery service into new markets very rapidly.
We are currently in more than a dozen metropolitan cities across the United States. If Caviar is not in your area yet, please continue to check back.
Other successful couriers with Caviar have also worked with Uber, Lyft, Doordash, Postmates, and other food delivery, rideshare, courier, driver, delivery, or cab jobs!
This is an opportunity for an independent contractor courier. Couriers who deliver with Caviar are subject to a background check.
Administrative Assistant - Tax Processor
As an administrative assistant for our tax department, you’ll provide high-level administrative support to client-serving partners and managers in the Tax Department of our Palo Alto office. In this role, you'll develop broad and comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge in organizational policies, procedures, and practices. You may also help facilitate and coordinate projects and deadlines directly or through others. Teamwork is a must in this position.
- Provide administrative support to Partners, Directors, and Managers/Staff in the Tax Department.
- Tax Processing: Assemble tax returns and extensions, run due date reports, E-file tax returns and extensions.
- Assist partners and managers with A/R collections and monthly billings.
- Provide various clerical duties such as, prepare and track correspondence, engagement letters, printing, scanning, copying of documents, scheduling of internal and external meetings, expense reports, conference room setups, travel arrangements, schedule CPE seminars and track CPE certificates and forward to BPMU for tracking and in addition there will be occasional front desk support.
- Must be able to juggle and meet multiple deadlines.
- Manage and update tax calendars.
- Respond to client inquiries regarding billing.
- Other various projects (i.e. presentations) as necessary.
- Overtime is requiredduring peak season, which will include some evenings and weekends.
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of 3 years of related business experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
- English language skills – excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proficient skills in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, CRM and PowerPoint) and experience with CCH Axcess suite of products and GoFileRoom would be preferred.
- Competent at understanding and navigating firm and service line structures, matrix relationships, key personnel, and policies and procedures.
- Must be organized, strong attention to detail, with a commitment to high-quality work and great at problem-solving.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills.
BPM is a full-service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle between work and play.
We are looking for a full-time, friendly and customer service oriented shuttle van driver to join our team!
Magnussen's Toyota of Palo Alto is an equal opportunity employer located in the heart of Silicon Valley. We are one of the leading contributors to our city & community
The duties of shuttle driverinclude:
- Shuttling customers to their homes, work or a designated spot and picking them up after their vehicle is serviced, and doing so in a timely manner.
- Using good judgment and safe driving skills while being courteous to customers.
- Communicating with the dealership or other shuttle vehicles to report any problems or delays.
- Documenting trips, including names of customers, destination or pick-up point and times.
- Maintaining the vehicle’s appearance and notifying the manager if the vehicle requires servicing.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs
· Responsible and self-motivated individual
- Must be friendly, energetic, well-mannered and must uphold our company’s high ethical standards
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Substitute for lot attendants as necessary
- Must possess ability of working with IPads to log pick ups and customer information
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance
Toyota of Palo Alto
690 San Antonio Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94306
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team! You will be responsible for completing work orders and other required tasks.
- Complete work and repair orders in a timely fashion
- Estimate time and extent of repairs
- Perform routine preventive maintenance
- Maintain material and supply inventory
- Oversee work performed by outside contractors as necessary
- Reliable Transportation and Driver's License
- A smartphone (iOS, Android)
- To pass our background check
- General Liability Insurance
- Previous experience in maintenance or other related fields
- Familiarity with maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- 1+ years experience in the appliance repair field, or similar skill set
- Experience with appliance repair, electronic repair, or mechanical repair
- Strong customer service skills required
- Able to multitask and keep papers, documents, part orders, etc. organized
Assistant Community Manager
Our Mission and Values
To provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and foster diverse communities that allow people from all ethnic, social and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony and mutual respect.
We have established a list of core values which guide our work and culture: how we treat one another, our residents and our partners. We believe that upholding these values will help MidPen achieve operational excellence and will create an environment where employees feel valued and inspired to do their best work. Our values are Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and
The Assistant Community Manager reports to the Community Manager and is responsible for supporting the daily operations of the property. Key areas of responsibility include fiscal management, compliance, facilities and risk management and resident relations.
•Schedule income verification appointments, prepare and process lease agreements and maintain housing wait list
•Assist in the completion of re-certifications, welfare exemption documents, Management and Occupancy (MOR) and Tax Credit Allocation Committee (TCAC) reviews
•Issue notices, schedule vacancies and prepare and monitor turnover forms
•Assist in the collection of rents, completion of security deposits, logging petty cash use and preparation of bank deposits
•Inspect property and identify maintenance and security issues
•Coordinate maintenance inspections with facilities staff and ensure work orders are processed in a timely manner
•Maintain resident and property files without compromising confidential information
•Effectively communicate procedures regarding emergency preparedness to residents and coordinate logistics for resident meetings
•Maintain a working relationship with local law enforcement and emergency agencies
•Report and document property incidents within 24 hours of the event
•Maintain standard business hours of operation
•Maintain a high resident satisfaction rate while adhering to MidPen’s business ethics
Performs other assignments as requested.
•High School diploma, GED or certificate of completion from a trade school
•One or more years of residential property management or administrative experience
•Proficiency using MS Office and/or Yardi software system
•Must possess reliable transportation, valid California driver’s license and auto insurance
•Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
•Strong customer orientation with ability to achieve measurable results
•Team-oriented with ability to work independently
•Well organized and detail-oriented
•Must possess reliable transportation, valid California driver’s license and auto insurance
making complex projects simple, managing projects that involve
large numbers of diverse partners, and moving bold ideas into
the real world. Launched in 2005, we served as the master developer
for the Bay Area Housing Project (the BAHP), an innovative public-private
partnership that made it possible for 240 people with developmental
disabilities to live in community-based housing, instead of state-
run institutions. Unprecedented collaboration at the state and
local level, and a commitment to the goals of the project, made
it possible for us to secure $100 million in private financing and
to create permanent, integrated housing in 19 cities across the
Bay Area, in less than three years.
Experienced Line & Prep Cooks, Server Asst/Porters/Dmos
Do you have a passion for food? Do you have the desire to be part of a high-volume collaborative team? Do you want to gain valuable skills and develop yourself professionally? We’ve got just the job for you! Come join our team of culinary pros and take the next step towards a better career today!
Our company is currently seeking experienced candidates (6 months minimum experience required) for the following roles:
· Grill Cooks
· Line Cooks
· Prep Cooks
· Cooks with experience in Specialty Cuisines/Stations
· Server Asst/Porter
Some of the benefits you can enjoy working with us are:
· Monday thru Friday Schedule
· Competitive Pay (wages vary depending on experience)
· Dental/Medical/Vision Insurance
· Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay/Sick Pay
The John Stewart Company is a full-service housing management, development and consulting organization that began in 1978 with a commitment to providing high quality service in the affordable housing sector. We work to enrich the lives of our residents and employees, while delivering our services costâeffectively, efficiently and with the highest levels of professionalism, compassion, integrity and respect.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Under the direction of the Property Manager, the Desk Clerk monitors traffic in and out of the building, communicates with tenants, visitors and staff. Writes end of shift reports and incident reports, writes work orders, enforces project policies in a manner consistent with fair housing regulations, and keeps the reception area neat.
- Answer telephones, direct calls, take messages and make emergency calls when situations arrive.
- Assist with office responsibilities such as completing work orders, comment cards, visitor violation forms and other duties assigned by management.
- Inform visitors of visitor policy, check visitor ID and sign visitors in and out of the building.
- Complete incident reports to record unusual building activity.
- Distribute resident mail on daily basis.
- Fill in as requested when other desk clerks are absent.
- Testing of annual tuberculosis may be required as well as following Exposure Control Protocol for blood borne pathogens.
- Problem Sensitivity/Deductive Reasoning- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and then apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- De-escalation- Ability to remain calm and reduce the severity of situations so that they are handled in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- High school graduate or GED certificate.
- Experience working with people of various cultural backgrounds, especially those with special needs is a plus.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and Fair Housing guidelines.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate fluently in English.
- Good sense of awareness, urgency and follow procedures to solve problems.
- Saturday and Sunday Day Shift (8:00 am- 4:30 pm)
Software Powered by iCIMS
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!