Palo Alto Job Description Sample
If you're looking to work at a successful organization in the publicly traded biotechnology space that will recognize your efforts, Robert Half Finance is seeking a talented Accounting Manager to work with a thriving company. The company provides bonuses, stock, 401k match, work life balance and many other benefits too numerous to mention. Accounting Manager candidates who have a background in biotechnology either through public accounting or through industry are encouraged to apply. If you understand the requirements for publicly traded Biotechnology operations and can lead daily operations, such as preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, understand compliance, then you may be a fit for this Accounting Manager role. You will succeed in this position if you have a desire to work with a company that is cash positive, growing and has cutting-edge products. This Accounting Manager role is a full-time employment opportunity that is not to be missed! For confidential consideration of this accounting manager role, please forward your resume directly to Major responsibilities
Ensure close deadlines are met by encouraging and managing the accounting team performance during the closing process
Assist in preparing GAAP financial statements through data analysis, document preparation, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes
Oversight of the Sarbanes Oxley testing and compliance for the particular area and assemble various technical accounting policies, procedures, and analyses
Periodically review and inspect the balance sheets and income statement accounts of Senior Accountants
Possess a thorough knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
Team up with FP A and accounting management to develop relevant, timely reports on financial data analytics like the key financial metrics
Assist in the continuous improvement of the ERP Financials, including system and process design, data migration, testing, training, and go-forward system administration
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2018 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Req ID: 00430-0010462855
Functional Role: Accounting Supervisor/Mgr/Dir
City:* Palo Alto
Postal Code:* 94301
Compensation: $125,000.00 to $150,000.00 per year
Excellent problem-solving skills
Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems is valuable
Proven technical skills
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree and/or experience
Biotechnology experience desired in either public accounting or industry
Proficiency in month end closings
Knowledge of SOX
Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
Customer service oriented communication skills
3+ years of recent relevant financial experience
Sr. Incident Response Engineer
What you'll be doing:
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call operation that monitors for and responds to security events on networks, including working with external entities, where necessary
- Respond to information security incidents, including internal and external events and targeted threats
- Develop internal tools and systems used to respond to incidents (e.g., forensic toolkits, logging pipeline) to support unique environment
- Identify and execute on projects that improve our intrusion detection and incident response capabilities
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in information security
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with MacOSX, Windows, Unix, and mobile platforms
- 3 years of experience with computer forensics and incident response tools such as Encase, FTK, X-Ways Forensics, The Sleuth Kit, plaso (log2timeline), Volatility, rekall, GRR, Mandiant MIR, etc
- 3 years of experience with scripting and coding in languages such as Python, Lua, C/C++, Ruby and/or Java
- Experience with the current threat landscape including common attack types and malware capabilities
- Experience in identifying, analyzing, scoping, containing and eradicating real-world threats Intimate knowledge of incident response phases and concepts
- Experience in developing intrusion detection techniques with products like Bro, Suricata, and ELK
- Open source projects or commits are a plus
- Previous experience with incident management and coordination
- Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and threat landscape
Luxury Manager - Pennisula (Bay Area)
The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We’re proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s prestigious CE100 USA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet the aggressive monthly goal for the market while maintaining focus on premier luxury product.
- Leverage your existing contacts, relationships, and network to drive business and generate consignment, while maintaining strong relationships with our current consignor base.
- Constantly prospect and develop new relationships and connections in order to drive business. These include: Stylists, personal shoppers, boutique owners, sales associates, and individual consignors.
- Meet with consignors in their home to review / pick-up their luxury merchandise.
- Carefully review / process all items for shipment to ensure they are cataloged and up to our very high quality standards.
- Develop marketing strategies to continually increase consignment with The RealReal.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- *REQUIRED* Relationships with a large number of luxury fashion clients who you could immediately convert to consignors. You should also have a very strong network of professional or personal contacts who could also yield additional consignors.
- 5+ years of work experience in luxury retail, styling, or luxury public relations.
- A strong sales ability and mentality paired with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A high degree of business acumen, sophistication, and the ability to establish trust is mission critical. This position requires the person to work directly with very discriminating clientele.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting & exceeding monthly goals.
- Critical knowledge of luxury brands. Great attention to detail and customer service.
- Ability to master multiple technical devices and systems.
- Active in community and charitable organizations is a plus.
- Ability to work nights / weekends when needed to accommodate the client’s request for an appointment
This position is a very full time job with a rigorous schedule and requires a high level of commitment. Please only apply if you fit all the criteria listed above.
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Temp to Hire
Schedule: M-F, 9am-5:30pm
Pay Rate: DOE
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Preferred Interview Process: Onsite Interview > Decision
Standard Background Check
Our client creates products that transform the way organizations use their data. Today, their products are deployed at the most critical government, commercial, and non-profit institutions in the world to solve problems they hadn’t even dreamed of back then.
The Finance team supports and empowers Palantirians through both day-to-day operations and creative problem-solving. As a Payroll Specialist, you'll be responsible for domestic payroll administration — but you'll also spot inefficiencies, brainstorm solutions, and drive projects to completion. If you're constantly looking for ways to improve processes because you're unsatisfied by the status quo, this role is for you.
- Process multi-state domestic payroll.
- Maintain accurate payroll records.
- Identify and drive projects to improve payroll workflows and processes.
- Promptly respond to questions and requests.
- Research, analyze, and resolve all discrepancies.
- Ensure accurate taxation of employees.
- Audit timecards to ensure accuracy and fix any errors.
- Respond to tax notices and resolve any discrepancies.
- Experience in a fast-paced, outcome-oriented environment.
- Proactive, can operate autonomously, and thrives in ambiguity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high level of emotional intelligence.
- Excels at working on open-ended problems and running them to completion.
- Excels at understanding urgency and prioritizing tasks.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Data-driven and detail-oriented.
- Understanding of payroll and accounting best practices.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Highly proficient at Microsoft Excel and able to quickly learn new systems and programs.
- Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now, Workday, and Netsuite is a plus.
Senior Devops Engineer
- $10.8 Million in Funding
- Recently Acquired by Public Company
- Industry: Artificial Intilligence
- 80 employees in total, 30 in Engineering
- Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Elastic
- AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Experience in CI/CD
- Java Microservices
- Great leadership and investors
- Flexible Vacation
- Latest Apple Gear
- Commute Allowance
- Daily Free Lunches
Who is Taos?
Taos is an IT consulting and services company that offers expertise across the strategic, management and tactical layers of IT and engineering organizations. As part of the nation's IT landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Taos is immediately hiring a Network Engineer for a cutting-edge tech company in Palo Alto, CA!
Who you are:
You are a Network Engineer with in-depth Data Center experience and a passion for network automation. You are well organized, able to leverage best practices, and approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude. You enjoy multitasking and working on a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment. You are on the bleeding-edge of the networking industry and can examine the network from a DevOps mindset.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assisting in both the upgrade of an existing Data Center and a variety of other networking automation projects
- Performing day-to-day Data Center operations and sustainability work
- Building out python framework and implementing automation around consolidation of standards
- Automating builds using Ansible playbooks
- Participating in simple service and configuration checks, configuration report versions, and other tasks
- Working with Salt, Hashi tools, Nomad Consul, Artifactory, and Jenkins
- Participating in an on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, hardware engineering, or relevant degree
- At least 5 years of Engineering experience
- Previous work with Routing, Switching, Firewalls, and Load Balancers
- Strength in Cisco technologies including ACI
- Familiarity with microservices, CI/CD, and automation
- Cisco CCIE certification or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Proven experience with Data Center network design and implementation
- Understanding of networking theories and designs to support advanced Data Center technologies including virtualization, storage, database, server, unified communications, and messaging
- Understanding of hybrid cloud architectures and knowledge of Microsoft Azure preferred
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments and operating technologies, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to IT innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, click HERE or go to our website at http://www.taos.com/it-talent/opportunities/and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to email@example.com.
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
E-Verify Participant: This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/it-talent/opportunities/ and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.
Linux Support Engineer
Location: Palo Alto, CA 94301 (sorry, no remote option)
Salary: $35.00 - $45.00 Hourly
Monday - Friday 2pm-10pm and 7am- 3pm
A thriving internet company, headquartered in China is seeking a Linux Support Engineer to join their team. Being one of the world's largest internet companies, this is a great exposure role to long-term opportunities.
In this position, you will be responsible for reading and communicating tickets to the Linux Developers. As you will be connecting with both China and US-based companies, it is necessary to speak Chinese. In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring the infrastructure and collaborating with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
You will be taking customer calls, understanding and summarizing inquiries and relaying customer issues to developers for immediate resolution.
- Bachelor degree (or higher), with exposure to computer science, math, engineering is preferred, but not required
- Must be bilingual in Chinese (Mandarin preferred)
- Must have Developer awareness and have provided support on a larger scale
- Coding experience a plus
- Experience in software-centric assignments or projects
- Exposure to open source community
- Experience with providing technical support (ex. Building websites)
- Lateral and logical troubleshooting, follow-through and problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, attention to detail, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Familiar with Linux
The successful candidate will also have experience conducting, reviewing and analyzing SAEGIS trademark searches in U.S. and International databases. Other duties include: reviewing, analyzing, and reporting on comprehensive trademark searches from outside trademark search vendors such as CT Corsearch and Thomson CompuMark; preparing and assisting in the prosecution of trademark applications, communicating with the PTO and foreign associates, and maintaining clients' portfolios; in addition to proficiency with use of the PTO’s online filing systems, including TEAS, the Assignment Branch and the TTAB (Trademark Trial and Appeal Board). This role offers a generous compensation package and excellent work culture.
VP, Technology Media & Telecom-Investment Banking (Semiconductors)
- Play a key role supporting origination, opportunity evaluation and deal execution, working on a broad scope of assignments and products in the TMT industry with an emphasis on clients in the Semiconductors sector
- Work closely with senior and junior bankers and expected to make an immediate contribution
- Prepare and execute final client presentation work product
- Serve as the key support resource working closely with senior bankers in generating ideas and solutions to meet client needs
- Serve as the point of contact for the group and coordinate information flow and execution of work product with internal and external legal, tax, accounting, rating agency and regulatory parties
- Handle all aspects of client liaison involving negotiations on pricing or structure of financing or merger
- Lead due diligence sessions
- Communicate and interact with deal team members and clients
- Mentor and train junior personnel
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance
- 4-5 years of experience in TMT investment banking post-graduation from an MBA or completion of an investment banking analyst program
- Knowledge of and/or experience in TMT industry required; TMT transactions experience (equity, financing or M&A) preferred in the Semiconductors
- Experience with financial modeling including valuation models (comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis, and discounted cash flow analysis), leveraged buyout models, and accretion/dilution merger models
- Experience with Bloomberg, FactSet, Thomson and Capital IQ
- Full breadth of financing (equity, equity linked and debt) and strategic advisory experience
- Professional maturity and experience to interact directly with client and drive origination and execution
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills
PLEASE NOTE JOB IS IN PALO ALTO, CA- ONLY CURRENT BAY AREA RESIDENTS NEED APPLY
-Experience with TM knockout searches
-Familiarity with Trademark docketing
-Familiarity with preparing applications
Ideal candidate will be proficient in both domestic and foreign trademark filing, working with foreign associates, communicating with the USPTO, docketing and maintaining trademark registrations before the USPTO; supporting the efforts of the firm’s trademark attorneys to plan and implement international registration strategies; and performing database searches for availability of marks.
Qualifications and Skills
-Minimum 3 years experience
-Willingness to work in a start up environment
-Team player with a pleasant disposition, professional orientation and good judgment.Highly-organized and service-oriented, with strong attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!