Palo Alto Job Description Sample
Senior Android Engineer
Director Of Operations And Growth
Think insurance shopping is painful and time-consuming? We thought so too. That is why we built jerry.ai to create the easiest experience for our users. Enabled by disruptive technologies, jerry.ai aims for the one-click user experience in financial product offerings which traditionally require users to fill out long forms. And we don't say goodbye to our users after the initial sale. We keep shopping for them in the background to make sure they always have the best deal.
Based in Silicon Valley, we are backed by Y Combinator, SV Angel, Funders Club, and many other prominent Silicon Valley Investors. Jerry.ai is founded by serial entrepreneurs who previously built and scaled YourMechanic (“Uber for car repair,” the nation’s largest on-demand car repair site).
What you will do:
You will work with the exec team to identify and remove bottlenecks to user and revenue growth. This mainly includes operational & product challenges. You will use data and business acumen to identify key questions, and develop and implement strategies that will drive major improvements in the business. You will be responsible for operations improvement initiatives, such as projects for scaling switching rates, reducing COGS / improving contribution margin, scaling customer service using technology and people, etc. You will play a central role in building operational excellence at Jerry.
- Creative problem-solver: No challenge is too complex, no issue is too hard, and “no” is not an acceptable answer.
- Tenacious: You’re a hustler at heart and you thrive under pressure. Simply put, you get shit done.
- Data-driven: You're extremely analytical and live in data. At the same time, you're confident enough to make decisions when the data is limited.
- Super Organized: You balance a packed schedule, an endless to-do list, can manage a team, and never let anything drop.
- Entrepreneurial: ability and desire to own initiatives end-to-end with full ownership. Proven track record of scrappiness and executing in a resource-constrained environment.
- Systems thinker: You can visualize processes and systems to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement while minimizing unintended consequences.
- Operations Exposure: You’ve had exposure to a company that’s acquired and serviced customers at scale, and you’ve worked on improving operations in that environment.
- 4+ years of experience in a business operations or analytical role in tech company, a rapidly growing consumer firm, and/or experience at a top consulting firm.
- Prior experience managing cross-functional teams.
- MBA or early startup experience a plus
Lift Coach (Cna/Emt/Trainer)
Atlas Lift Tech, Inc. is a national company looking for individuals with healthcare experience. Our trainers, known as Lift Coaches, work at some of the most well-known hospitals in the country! As the pioneers in Safe Patient Handling and Mobility (SPHM) we pride ourselves on our mission to produce a sustainable culture of safety, making a difference in the lives of everyone around us. We actively seek out CNAs and EMTs, however we also welcome anyone to apply who has strong customer service skills, healthcare experience, and teaching/training/coaching experience. Join and grow with us, and contribute to our great company culture and mission! Over 90% of our employees enjoy their job, and our Lift Coaches can increase their compensation by up to 7% in just one year, and up to nearly 25% in less than three years! Take a look at the details below and apply to see what we're all about!
- Teach safe patient handling methodology to existing hospital staff.
- Train and assist with patient lifts and other patient handling maneuvers, as delegated by the supervisor in collaboration with the client staff.
- Utilize patient handling equipment, transfer devices and protective equipment in compliance with hospital policies and patient handling protocols while using proper lifting techniques and body mechanics.
- Enter records of each lift to analyze key performance indicators using Atlas’ proprietary software.
Please do not apply if you do not meet all of these requirements at time of application
- 6 months or more experience working with patients in a healthcare and/or ambulatory environment.
- Customer service experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma or the equivalent.
- Current CPR/ BLS Certified.
- Experience with coaching/ training.
- Flexibility to work day/ night/ weekend shifts including holidays.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds unassisted and to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Computer proficient to navigate both mainstream and proprietary software.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must pass a medical and drug screening before and during employment.
- Relevant experience (EMS, EMT, Paramedics, Nursing, Caretaker, Physical Therapy, Fitness Training, etc.).
- Military experience
At Atlas Lift Tech we are innovators and we value individual contributions! We encourage continued education, priding ourselves on offering re-certification assistance. We offer a competitive compensation package based on your valuable experience.
Other benefits include:
- Fully paid 5-day training academy to teach you how to be a Lift Coach
- Competitive compensation package
- Night shift differential and holiday pay
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Company paid uniform and annual footwear subsidy
- CPR re-certification reimbursement program
- Free health screens and annual immunizations
- Promotional opportunities and internal transfer opportunities nationwide
- Free online education and training access
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance *
- Medical Flexible Spending Account *
- Dependent Care Account *
- Parking Commuter Benefits *
- Transit Commuter Benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation/Sick Leave *
- And much more!
* Must be full-time to qualify
Computer Vision Engineer / Augmented Reality Designer
At Jido Maps, we are building maps that will support the next generation of digital experience. We are looking for a self-motivated person interested in bringing state-of-the-art computer vision technology to the real world. You will join a fast-paced startup and should be ready to take on a leadership role in our growing team.
* B.S. in Computer Science or Arts or related fields
* Interest in augmented reality or robotics
* Some experience in industry (internship included)
Nice to Haves (for Developers)
* Passion for computer vision and machine learning
* Experience working with 3D data
* Experience in deep learning
* Experience in building a large scale system
* Familiarity with Python and/or C++
* Familiarity with Tensorflow, PyTorch, or Caffe
* Experience in SLAM, visual odometry, scene reconstruction, multi-view stereo or structure-from-motion
Nice to Haves (for Augmented Reality Experience Designer)
* Experience in 3D art design / animation
* Experience in website/mobile app UI & UX design
* Relevant industry experience of at least one year
* Passion for Augmented Reality / Mixed Reality
* Experience working with ARKit, ARCore, HoloLens, or Magic Leap.
* Familiarity with Computer Vision and Machine Learning
We are currently looking for experienced Veterinary Technician/Assistant to fill openings in our state of the art Veterinary Hospitals. You will have the opportunity to join our beautiful, AAHA approved hospital facilities.
We are looking for friendly, motivated, professionals who work well with fellow team members in a fast-paced environment. Interested candidates should have prior experience working in a Veterinary Hospital.
If you love animals and are committed to providing high-quality care, we hope you’ll submit an application.
We are seeking to fill full time or part time positions at the Animal Hospital of Palo Alto (Palo Alto, CA)
- Act as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarian to ensure the best quality pet care and to maximize the veterinarian's productivity. Lead veterinarians and veterinary medical team through the Cycle of Service and communicate with the other associates to maintain the flow of patients.
- Provide professional, efficient and exceptional service at all times. This includes performing procedures that do not require veterinarian assistance, completing preparatory work for other procedures, ensuring that clients and pets are comfortable in the hospital, and monitoring hospitalized or surgical pets.
- Educate clients about Wellness Plans, preventive care, pet health needs, any diagnosis or treatment, hospital services and other issues.
- Obtain relevant information and history from clients and maintain proper and complete medical charts.
- Ensure the safety of pets, clients and associates by utilizing safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols, and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
- Assist with surgery as applicable. *Utilize technical skills to the fullest, within state practice acts regarding duties of credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Mentor other paraprofessionals in the hospital.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- $250 Signing Bonus (90 Day Probation Period)
- Initiative - shows willingness and aptitude to take appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be done.
- Cooperativeness- Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
- Flexibility- Is open to changing situations and opportunities and is willing to perform all tasks assigned.
- Tolerance for Stress / Resiliency- Maintains a positive 'can do' outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
- MON-FRI: either 8 am to 5 pm, or 9 am to 6 pm
- SAT: 8 am to 5 pm
- One year related experience required. Wages for this position is dependent on experience and education.
- Knowledge of AVIMAK Software is a plus.
- Physical effort: Work requires lifting, carrying and restraining animals (lifting assistance provided when lifting animals over 40 lbs). Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods of time; frequently works in a bent position.
If this is what you are looking for, we would love to discuss the opportunity for you to join our team!
Financial Systems Technical Analyst
Palo Alto, CA
We are seeking a highly motivated technology professional with a background in financial systems and processes with a focus on technical implementation. As the Financial Systems Technical Analyst, you will work closely with our existing Financial Systems team, including our NetSuite lead architect, to design, develop, deploy, and maintain creative programmatic solutions to our business problems. You will approach this role the way we approach our engagements with our external partners – you will be responsible for embedding with your customer, Finance, to deeply understand the problem space and drive meaningful outcomes.
- Assess current state financial system architecture from a technical perspective.
- Partner closely with Palantir's Finance team to identify and implement technical initiatives to significantly improve productivity and support company growth.
- Translate requirements to technical design, design processes and system solutions.
- Configure, customize and code per best practices, create test plans and deploy technical solutions. Oversee end-to-end technical project delivery.
- Handle production support, research system issues, identify root causes and implement solutions. Provide front-line support with regards to all aspects of NetSuite functionality and data integrity.
- Maintain NetSuite application for cross-functional stakeholders.
- Serve as technical point of contact to third-party technical personnel and NetSuite Support.
- 5+ years technical engineering experience including designing, building, improving and scaling systems.
- Background in financial operations and reporting, accounting, financial systems, or statistical analysis.
- Extensive experience architecting, writing, testing, and maintaining process automation scripts in the NetSuite environment. Deep understanding of Netsuite data model and built-in functionality.
- Good working functional knowledge of NetSuite essentials including creation and maintenance of Custom records, lists, fields, Saved Searches, Reports and Forms.
- Experience with full-cycle NetSuite Implementation.
- Good functional knowledge of NetSuite financial process flows like O2C, R2R, P2P.
Ravenswood City Elementary
Number Openings: (At time of posting)
Length of Work Year:
$25.99 - $31.38
Date Posted: 7/12/2019 Application Deadline: Until Filled Employment Type:
Part Time Length of Work Year: 10 months Salary: $25.99 - $31.38 Number Openings: (At time of posting) Not Specified Contact: Toni Stone Email: email@example.com Phone:
Job Description / Essential Elements: Print
ABILITIES: Ability to operate a school bus and other transportation equipment skillfully, safely and efficiently; understand and carryout both oral and written instructions in an independent manner; read and write at a level sufficient to perform required duties; establish land maintain proper student conduct on school vehicles; exercise good judgment and extreme caution while driving; maintain valid certification as a school bus driver according to state regulations; meet the physical requirements necessary for the successful performance of required duties; obtain, within a specified period, all required licensees and certificates; establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general direction transport students to and from school within designated route (s) and ensure the safety of the students while passengers in the school vehicle. Receive supervision from the Supervisor of Transportation within a well-defined framework of standard policies and procedures; transport students on special event trips; perform daily inspection of bus or other Transportation equipment; operate school bus and/or delivery trucks in a safe manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Operates a school bus and/or other transportation vehicles within prescribed route (s) in accordance with the time schedules; picks up and discharges students at designated stops; picks up and discharges deliveries at designated stops. Escorts and assists students on and off vehicles and across the streets when necessary.
Transports students and teachers on field trips to various locations, planning necessary route (s) and stops as needed. Maintains order and proper discipline of student passengers according to district policy Instructs students on safety regulations and policies related to passenger conduct. Conducts safety and operations inspections of assigned vehicle daily, noting fuel and oil levels.
Evacuates vehicle in a safe and timely manner when necessary and conducts periodic drills for same as required by law. Maintains cleanliness of vehicle to ensure safe operating conditions; sweeps and cleans bus interior as required. Maintains accurate records, including student counts and route cards as required; completes all necessary reports upon request.
Checks out and reports needed mechanical repair on vehicles when necessary; maintains mileage and other logs as required. Attends driver-training programs to maintain current knowledge of California Motor Vehicle code and the Education Code as they apply to the operation of vehicles in the transportation of school children. TECHNOLOGY STANDARD Ravenswood City School District requires employees to have technology skills.
E-mail, standard software usage and data entry may be employment requirements. Advanced technical skills may be obtained through on-job training as needed.
Requirements for Applying
Letter of Introduction
Letter(s) of Recommendation (Three letters of recommendation must be signed and dated within the last 18 months.)
Requirements for Applying
Letter of Introduction
Letter(s) of Recommendation (Three letters of recommendation must be signed and dated within the last 18 months.)
APPLY(CURRENT EMPLOYEES ONLY) APPLY
Back To Search Results Page
Pharmacist Career Prep Program
- Submitting resumes and job applications but not hearing back?
- You have the skills, but can't seem to get an interview?
- Have interviews, but still don't get an offer?
- Struggling with your resume or cover letter?
- Not sure where to begin your job search?
- Wondering what hiring managers are "really" looking for?
- Wanting to get out of Retail and don't know how?
- Have too much or too little experience?
- Don't have a big enough network?
- Must be a licensed Pharmacist (or soon to be)
- Must be willing to systematically work through the program
- Must be driven and open to new techniques
- Computer access
- Email access
With Gentle Dental, we manage the details so you can focus on dentistry. We provide a team atmosphere, integrity and doing what is right for the patient. The perfect fit for our team is a caring and motivated people-person with a strong work ethic and superior clinical skills. You choose what’s best for your patients.
- Gentle Dental Sunnyvale Office- 1639 Hollenbeck Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94087
- Gentle Dental Palo Alto Office- 853 Middlefield Road, Suite 1, Palo Alto, CA 94301
- Teamwork in the patients best interest
- Quality patient care with clinical autonomy based on best practices in the patients best interest
- New patients assigned equally on rotation basis. Your patients stay with you.
- Malpractice Insurance
- Endodontic Residency Certificate
- Accredited Dental School Graduate
- Current applicable State Dental License (or the ability to acquire one by time of employment)
- Other licenses/certifications such as CPR, DEA, NPI
Gentle Dental provides a large network of resources to empower our Dental partners.
Cashiers And Baristas (University Cafe)
Verve makes days! From Farmlevel to Streetlevel, our passionate and dedicated employees constantly strive to provide an authentic, superior coffee experience. We seek enthusiastic people with amazing customer service skills to join us in continuously raising the bar on our coffee and culinary offerings, and our customers' enjoyment of them. Verve Coffee Roasters opens our gorgeous, fun new cafe in Palo Alto in early June 2019. Join our team and live with Verve!
Application deadline: Monday, May 13th at 5 p.m.
- Brand Ambassador
- Maintain positivity and enthusiasm at all times
- Ensure that a quality product is being served to customers
- Promote an excellent experience for both employees and customers
- Have a clear knowledge on all inventory items
- Cash Handling/Register Operation
- Welcome and connect with every customer every time
- Anticipate customer and store needs by being aware of surroundings
- Take customer orders/service customer needs
- Consistently provide highest quality coffee to customers
- Adhere to café schedule
- Follow VCR cash handling procedures
- Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines
- Complete all side work before the end of a shift
- Retail experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be positive and approachable
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work well with a team
- Ability to learn quickly
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Flexible with the ability to multi-task in a highly demanding and sometimes stressful environment
- Must be 18 years or older
- Available Weekends and Holidays
- Ability to obtain a CA food handlers certificate
- A growth oriented environment with extensive paid training
- Full-time and Part-time opportunities
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage available for full-time employees
- Employee discount
- Free bag of coffee with each paycheck
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!