Panel Machine Setter Job Description Sample
Machine Builder, Panel Builder Or Assembler
Wyoming based manufacturer is seeking a machine builder, panel builder or assembler
- Must be able to read schematics and prints
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Experience building complex machine assemblies preferred
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge
- 1st shift
- Pay is based on experience
Press Operator/ Panel Bender/ Grinder/ CNC Machine Operator- Schoolcraft
Stand for extended periods of time
Work in hot/humid environment
Operate Press Machine
Lift 1-70 lbs.
Strong Mechanical Aptitude
Work quickly Experience with machine operation / press operation preferred. Experience working with metal preferred. This is a position that starts out at $10 but successful, the pay level could increase quickly.
Highlights If Interested, please contact Kelly Services by emailing your resume to email@example.com or contact the Kalamazoo office directly: 269-216-6946.
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics.
The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects.
They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 40,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €8.4 billion in 2015.
Auto req ID 70566BR
Job Description Reporting directly to the shift supervisor, responsible for the overall quality and production output of dedicated machines. Act as “Cell Lead”, providing direction and training to machine operator as needed. • Conduct “preflight” checklist items at beginning of each shift to have machine at maximum efficiency to include: Check fluids and maintain fills as needed Inspects all fixtures and datums at beginning of shift and make repairs as needed Perform Quality checks per established Control Plan at beginning of each shift monitor gauges for calibration. Analyzes results of CMM reports and reacts accordingly (using proper understanding of machine tooling), up to and including radius comps and tool monitoring systems. Use DataPage to Analyze SPC data from CMM reports and reacts accordingly Ensure correct materials is staged and ready Ensure 5S standards for each machine are met and maintained • Conducts tool changes, evaluates tooling wear or breakage issues, stages tools for upcoming tool changes per specified instruction and periodically reviews information with engineering. Confirms tooling instructions remain current. • Coordinates product flow to and from machines, communicates with material handlers regarding upcoming changeovers and monitors material characteristics (rust, correct labeling, etc.) • Approves completed production quantity as described by Inspection Plan • Conducts machine/product changeovers with assistance of operator as requested • Responsible to troubleshoot and repair minor mechanical and automation issues to assigned machines including the change of coolant filters. Issues work orders into Maintenance System for repairs beyond scope of Setter. • Become involved in Preventive Maintenance activities by monitoring fluids and lubricant usage levels, detecting leaks or breaks to equipment. Support maintenance as requested. • Evaluate and dispositions all scrap at end of shift. • Compliance to all Continental and Henderson plant permits, policies and procedures including, but not limited to, environmental, health, safety, security, ISO 14001 and Environmental Management systems, TS 16949 and Quality Management Systems, Human Resources policies, and Continental Business System elements. • Verify all safety devices are in place and remain in place, are operational. Inspects work areas for potential safety hazards. • Immediately communicates production nonconformances to Supervisor and Quality representative. Actively engage in 8D problem solving teams to resolve customer issues. Ensures conformance to all Quality procedures, alerts and operator instructions remain current. High School Diploma or GED required Minimum bronze level CRC (Career Readiness Certificate) required Technical Diploma (1 year) preferred Associates Degree work in related field also preferred. 35 Years General Machining Experience Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics Knowledge of machining processes, gauging Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints Understands principles, concepts and application of SPC reporting Knowledge of cutting tools, their application and tool wear Understanding Quality procedures and approved processes Ability to interpret and react to CMM results Knowledge of CNC machining and understanding of programs and offsets or basic metrology understanding Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability Effective communication skills Ability and willingness to lead and train others in systematic manner Must have good personal organization skills Good basic computer skills, able to maneuver within office software systems and maintain charts, correspondence, etc. Forklift Certification (as required)
Job Requirements High School Diploma or GED required Minimum bronze level CRC (Career Readiness Certificate) required Technical Diploma (1 year) preferred Associates Degree work in related field also preferred. 35 Years General Machining Experience Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics Knowledge of machining processes, gauging Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints Understands principles, concepts and application of SPC reporting Knowledge of cutting tools, their application and tool wear Understanding Quality procedures and approved processes Ability to interpret and react to CMM results Knowledge of CNC machining and understanding of programs and offsets or basic metrology understanding Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability Effective communication skills Ability and willingness to lead and train others in systematic manner Must have good personal organization skills Good basic computer skills, able to maneuver within office software systems and maintain charts, correspondence, etc. Forklift Certification (as required)
EEO Statement EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply.
If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Electrical Panel And Machine Wirer
Manpower is currently assisting a local automation company in York, PA for Electrical Panel and Machine Wirer. As a machine wirer you will perform a variety of functions within the electrical assembly department. Pay for this position will be $14-$18 an hour plus overtime as needed. This is an intent-to-hire opportunity. We have openings on 1st shift, 6am-2:30pm Monday through Friday. Job Requirements As an Electrical Panel and Machine Wirer you must be able to work in a team-oriented environment and communicate well with management and fellow employees. Ideal candidates have very positive attitude and previous experience. Other requirements of the role include:
All applicants must have steady work history with a good attendance record
Must be able to work from schematics, wiring diagrams and panel layout drawings. Applicant should be knowledgeable with UL wiring standards / specifications and have own hand tools.
Must be able to build Control Panels, mount control enclosures on machines and wire all machine components.
Experience with cranes, lifts and forklifts would be helpful but not required.
Position requires frequent use of hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms. Employee is frequently required to stand, sit, climb, balance, and move around equipment while wiring.
Must be able to meet physical demands including standing for extend periods, walking, bending, kneeling and reaching
High School or GED required
Pre-employment background check & drug screen will be required as a condition of employment- Free for all Manpower candidates! Candidates can apply directly to this posting or at www.manpower.com. Please call Manpower at 717-764-7841 to set up an interview after applying! We offer our employees great career opportunities, competitive wages, holiday/service bonus, access to health insurance options after only 40 hours and more! Referrals are welcome and rewarded ($50 referral bonus) Manpower is an equal opportunity employer.
Machine Setter Operator
Machine Setter Operator
salary:$11.40 - $17.10 per hour
date posted:Tuesday, February 13, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
Must know and follow work place instructions, DCP's and reaction plans. Train employees on the following and certify/document according to procedures (this list is not exhaustive): Gaging PLEX (traceability) and reinforcement of behaviors Safety procedures Able to operate all equipment to standard Must be able to perform the required daily PM's associated with the line. Interpret blueprints and use conventional measuring instruments.
Must be able to secure parts from the tool crib and report items taken per procedures. Monitor Work in Process (WIP) within Cell Follow process controls Responsible for ensuring product conforms to quality standards and must do the following(this list is not exhaustive): Maintain SPC records/checklists as specified and perform SPC charting as required. Maintain process documentation relating to quality and productivity.
Understand, comply and complete our internal audit system; Daily Quality and Layered Quality Audits Identify and record Quality issues (NCR's and CAPA's) Must be able to make adjustments to the equipment as necessary to ensure parts meet all quality checks. Must be able to perform all quality checks (including test lab checks) to ensure parts meet customer requirements. Reinforce 5S (housekeeping) behaviors.
Analyze and classify scrap daily by shift. Understand what tooling is being consumed and react to abnormalities. Repair and troubleshoot equipment.
Inventory accuracy at the cell level. Manage cycle counting. Troubleshoot PLEX issues and fix mistakes.
Working hours: M-F: 7:00AM-3:00PM
Listed are examples of machines to Set-up and operate:
Auto-gages, Assembly Machines, Bearing Machines, CNC Lathes, Broaches, Drillers, Rotary Tables, CNC Machining Centers, Vaills, Force to slide machines, Various testlab machines, CNC Spline Roller Machine Experience and Education Requirements High School Diploma or GED. Reading, writing and mathematical level necessary to competently perform job duties. Experience with adjustable gages and written technical data. 1-3 years machine operation experience.
Must have a mechanical background and able to use hand tools. Competencies - Knowledge, skills and characteristics/behaviors Attention to detail Initiative Model cooperation and teamwork Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company.
Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Electrical Panel Assembly - Panel Builder
Assemble custom electrical control panels in an efficient manner consistent with the standards of Bevco Engineering Co. Inc. Assemblers must have the ability to follow and understand assembly instruction, including drawings, prints, and electrical schematics. Must be able to layout and mount components. Must be able to wire assembled components from simple schematics and/or wire lists. This position will occasionally be asked to assist in employee development and continuous improvement which includes training of other electrical assemblers.
Maintain working knowledge of applicable electrical standards such as NEMA, NEC, UL, IEC.
Must have ability to work efficiently without direct supervision.
Wire panel devices according to provided electrical schematics
Communicate on an equal level with electrical designers
Route and bundle wires and cables neatly and according to established electrical standards
Check work to ensure error-free products
Keep red-lines of any changes required during manufacturing and turn in to supervisor on completion of the project
Maintain a neat, efficient and safe workplace
Provide all tools necessary to perform the job function
Wear proper PPE as required at all times
Occasional travel to job sites as required to install panels, provide warranty support or generally assist in any onsite duties as required
Other duties as assigned
We are a very employee focused company with quarterly raffles for prizes, employee of the month perks, monthly company provided lunches, and other perks.
We are ISO 9001:2008 compliant and UL listed in our control panel fabrication processes.
Senior Control Panel Builder
- Build special control panels by following electrical component layout and electrical wiring drawings.
- Field wire the control panel to the machine by following mechanical layout and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Assist in the debug and runoff of these automated assembly machines.
- Analyze circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings supplied by electrical engineers
- Complete electrical panel build and machine wiring per supplied engineering drawings
- Complete custom machine start up, trouble shooting, and debug related to the build process.
- Must have the ability to estimate build times for panel builds and meet completion dates.
- Determine the need for, analyzes, and makes necessary running adjustments, repairs, or modifications to engineering drawing to satisfy the requirements of custom machinery build.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment noted and corrective action taken.
- 5 plus years’ experience required
- Vocational school or junior technical college training in the related industry.
- Satisfactory completion of formal apprenticeship training program or tenured experience in the related industry would be a plus.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing noted tasks related to machinery build and repair work.
- Meets company's substance abuse testing requirements; as a safety sensitive person, may be subject to random substance abuse checks.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator's license.
- High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to others when responsible for flow of electrical power.
- Baseline robotic knowledge is a plus for the position.
Alliance Automation provides Controls Panel Builders with access to a comprehensive online training program, vendor certified training, and a customized internal curriculum.
The physical work requirements of the electrical position are at times strenuous. The job requires standing for long periods and frequent work on ladders and scaffolds. Install working conditions.
We are dedicated to growing our organization, our employees, our customers and our partners by providing custom turnkey automation systems and services that optimize our customer's productivity and profits.
Panel Builder/Controls Electrician
- Interpret wiring diagrams / schematics & install conduit and interconnecting wiring between the control panels and the junction boxes.
- Wire transformers, PLC’s, motors, solenoids, sensors, valves and switches as necessary.
- Past electrical and mechanical machine assembly experience to include: point to point wiring, locating, drilling and tapping holes, mounting brackets, wire motors, solenoids, sensors, valves and switches
- Must have own basic tools (screwdrivers, socket set, wrenches, wire cutters...)
- Technical assembly and/or maintenance experience of industrial machinery working from machine wiring diagrams, blueprints, & schematics
- Ability to install conduit and interconnecting wiring between the control panels and junction boxes
- Some mechanical assembly, drilling and tapping, mounting junction boxes and wire ways / conduit
- Knowledge / experience measuring and working with high and low voltage machine power and controls.
- Familiar with electrical test equipment (multi meter)
- Experience with pneumatics is a plus
- Machine testing experience a plus
· Perform advanced electrical assembly work including wiring of panels and prototype assembly
· Demonstrate a proficiency of skills to perform consistently above average quality of work in a timely fashion
· Under limited supervision, use methods, drawings, prints, schematics, or written work instructions to inspect, assemble, modify, rework, electrical panels
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Interpret electrical wiring diagrams
· 3 years’ experience in electrical assembly
· Knowledge of electrical components
· Must be able to perform advanced electrical assembly work
· Must be able to maintain or exceed production standards through organization and planning
· Must be able to follow and comply with safety rules, regulations, and work instructions
· Must be able to complete all required production and quality documentation
Candidates are required to submit to a drug screen and background check.
Haumiller Engineering has been in business for over 50 years and is a financially stable, 100% employee owned company.
Electrical Panel Builder
Location: Batavia, Ohio
Hours: 7am-4:30pm - Some overtime due to machine builds and demand, some Saturdays 6am-noon.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude (drilling/tapping, mechanical assembly)
- Will need to pass schematics and blueprint assessment
- Working from electrical drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, written, verbal, and own knowledge for determining location and placement of electrical assemblies, conduit, fittings motors, controls and components.
- Work according to UL508A Standards
- Planning and performing a wide variety of wiring and shop floor assembly installations consisting of but not limited to mechanical fastening of electronic/electrical components to electrical panels and electrical enclosures.
- Cutting and routing wires to various circuits.
- Checking for continuity, proper markings and circuit integrity.
- Verifying work performed by making static and/or simulated operational test to determine proper component or sequential circuit performance to meet machine operational requirements.
- Completing point-to-point machine and conveyor wiring.
- Using common assembly, hand and power tools, drills, conduit benders, and measuring devices such as volt meters and continuity testers as required.
- System testing consisting of checking input/output to all devices, verifying correct operations of devices and systems.
- Verifying parts are free of flaws, defects, or imperfections and meet all dimensional requirements as specified on drawings.
- Assisting Engineering with machine testing and factory acceptance testing as needed
- Willing to travel 30%, both domestic and international
We connect quality talent to clients with staffing needs. We pride ourselves in understanding a candidate's skill set, and the culture and work environment that is a best fit for both the candidate and the client.
Complete Automation is a global industry leader in fluid delivery systems. We are located in Lake Orion, MI, in northern Oakland County. In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for SeniorPanel Builder / Machine Tool Electrician to join our team.
Must be dependable and have excellent attendance.
The Senior Panel Builder / Machine Tool Electrician will be responsible for:
- Layout and wire panels from electrical schematics and blue prints.
- Conducts, maintains, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical / electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components.
- Applies knowledge of electrical / electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation.
- Determine and assess need for resources (staff and/or equipment).
- Supervise, train, coach, mentor, and motivate team members.
- Five plus years of panel build experience, panel layouts and electrical components.
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with machine tool wiring and conduit installations
- Must be able to read electrical schematics
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- This job involves lots of bending and stooping, and constantly working while on your feet
- Familiar with the NEC is a plus
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley and Siemens is a plus
- Must be committed to SAFETY and QUALITY at all times.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Some travel required
Complete Automation Offers:
- Pay based on experience
- Excellent benefits package including BCBS, dental, vision, 401k, short and long term disability, life insurance, and numerous voluntary group benefits.
- Direct deposit of paycheck
- Collaborative team environment.
- Vacation pay, company paid holidays
- Company holiday luncheons
Learn more about Complete Automation, visit our website at:www.completeco.com
Apply: *Local Applicants Only* Please email resume to HR@completeco.com OR stop in to fill out an application at our corporate office: 1776 W Clarkston Rd, Lake Orion, MI 48362, between the hours of 8:00 – 5:00, Monday through Friday.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The first customers of Complete Automation were in need of innovative designs and systems to meet newer, changing demands of materials and processes. Building on this same principal, Complete Automation continues to be an Integrator of Innovation meeting the demands of today's customers.
Complete Automation is looking to the future by investing in technology, training, and its employees. Moving forward Complete Automation proves to be a leader in the food and biopharmaceutical industry and high ASME Weld Certified Pressure Vessels. We are a division of businesses that keeps on growing as we see opportunity to supply the world with a higher quality line of products and services.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!