Paper Cone Machine Tender Job Description Sample
Ensure machine is operating at required speed, producing quality product with minimal waste.
Will change paper, glues, inks, as well as unjam machines as necessary. Machine Tender Benefits: Weekly paycheck Advancement opportunities Competitive wage and benefits including medical, dental, & 401k 11 paid holidays and vacation pay based on years of service Essential Functions and
Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards. Utilize lockout/tagout as required, following established policy; ensure guarding is in place at all times.
Keep work area clean and organized, per standards. Ensure that work is being performed in a manner to produce quality products, according to our quality requirements and specifications. Follow all applicable food service policies and procedures.
Follow all PPE policies, wearing steel toed shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses, hair nets/beard nets, etc. as required. Meet or exceed production goals set by management. Safely strip rolls down, removing liner and/or bands and removing minimal layers of damaged paper only to avoid excessive waste.
Change roll, make splice by hand, maneuver roll into position and adhere roll to web on machine. Start machinery. Coordinate with Adjuster Supervisor and make minor repairs and adjustments to machines as necessary to ensure quality levels.
Set up one and two color prints and have approved by Adjuster Supervisor before starting production run. Watch progress of machinery for breakage; notify Adjuster as needed. Clean ink pans and wash rollers.
Learn to thread machinery, and perform properly. Make sure all waste is kept to a minimum and meets standards set forth by management. Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
Candidate Requirements: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience Three years of factory experience is preferred. Must be able to pass Bennett Mechanical Test administered at time of interview Must have basic reading, math and communication skills.
Must have ability to make adjustments and minor repairs to machinery. About the Company Novolex™ is North Americas leader in packaging choice and sustainability. The leadership of Novolexs packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, and Heritage Bag®. Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 40 manufacturing facilities strategically located across North America, including the worlds largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 6,000 employees in the US, Canada, and Mexico. Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets.
The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations. The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets.
Novolexs family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements. The Novolex™ name is based on the LatinNOVO for new andLEX a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly® and Duro Bag® respectively.
Our Mission Novolexs™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability. Our Vision Statement To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service. We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that: Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community To apply for the position of Machinist: Click on the apply button to apply online, select Career Tab under Search for Openings, select Walton, KY (WAL), Click view jobs. Or apply in person Mon
3pm 1 Duro Way, Walton, KY 14094 (We are located right down the road from the Richwood Flea Market) If you have questions call us toll free 1-844-201-1833. Leave a message and we will return your call. EOE
Paper Machine Manager
Nippon Dynawave Packaging has an opening in the Longview, WA operations. This position reports to the VP of Operations/Mill Manager and is lead for the Paper Machine Department. This position is responsible for the safe and reliable production of the paperboard production for the Longview site.
Principal Job Responsibilities/Duties
Responsibilities for this position are but not limited to:
· Responsibility for the safety performance of all employees and contractors in the Paper Machine area
· Ensures that safety systems are in place, followed, and enforced
· Ensures that operating procedures are in place, followed, and enforced
· Ensures that training systems are in place, followed, and maintained
· Maintains high expectations and standards around housekeeping
· Maintains and champions excellent product quality
· Direct supervision of front line supervisors and assistant superintendents. The operations group consists of approximately 50 hourly operators and 12 salaried positions.
· Accountable for efficient operations of the paper machine department and responsible for meeting mill production targets
· Accountable for managing all department operating costs.
· Responsible for maintaining and improving reliability throughout the paper machine department.
· Works to identify, promote, and execute key capital expenditures in efforts to reduce costs and improve reliability
Technical Skills Required
· Minimum of ten (10) years papermill experience, preferably leading in an paper machine department
· Degreed chemical, mechanical or other related engineer preferred but not required
· Reputation as being a team player and expects the same
· Good process, problem solving and facilitation skills
· Able to resolve conflicts
· Strong leadership skills
· Good communication skills
· Strong customer Focus
· Driven for results
· Skilled at planning large outages and capital project execution
· Focus on developing direct reports
Paper Laminating Machine (Plm) Operator - Nights
Paper Laminating Machine Operator (PLM/PGR – Level C):
This is a position working in our Paper Laminating Machine (PLM) area.
Will work Monday through Thursday 5:45 p.m. – 6:15 a.m.n
DNP Imagingcomm America Corporation is a wholly owned Japanese subsidiary established in Concord, NC in 1995. Today, we coat jumbo rolls, slit and package ID card and photo ribbons used in printing applications; as well as develop software, deploy photo printing kiosks, integrate systems and provide support for our products.
As a PGR member, operate a production coating machine in order to achieve output and yield targets
Duties, Responsibilities & Authority:
- Operate coating machine and produce High Quality Paper product within specifications
- Per the posted Standard Operating Procedures under direction of the Group Leader
- Assist in the initial Quality Inspection Testing, as directed by the Group Leader
- Perform area specific countermeasures to maintain Quality
- Communicate and eliminate non-conforming product conditions
- Perform changeovers to the coating machine
- Activities not limited to roll exchanges, roll cleaning, doctor blade exchanges, machine threading, filter changes, parts cleaning and material handling
- Some activities require periods of physical exertion and coordination with maintenance, operation, management and others as necessary
- Perform line checks to area of responsibility and take action when necessary
- Under the guidance of the Group Leader
- Obtain a full working knowledge of the local mixing, coating and ink supply systems to be proficient in troubleshooting basic equipment and process problems
- Charge inks and organic solvents in a measured & controlled manner, producing a coat-able solution per the batch controlled mixing sheet
- Assist in the development and training of other operators as directed
- Assist in maintenance activities, providing input and explanation for process issues
- Participate in Productivity Improvement and Cost Reduction plans as directed
- Facilitate internal communication and working relationships within areas of responsibility
- Perform all duties in accordance with established safety rules and regulations
Job Requirements /
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required
- Associate degree in technical field preferred
- Experience in mixing/blending/coating/extrusion operations preferred
- Prior product manufacturing experience required
- Operator must be able to bend, stoop, squat, twist and work in cramped spaces
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, operate a roll cart weighing in excess of 400 pounds
- Must be able to occasionally work in confined space
- Repetitive arm and shoulder motion when cleaning rolls
- Must have the ability to interface and communicate effectively, write legibly and read/comprehend sufficiently to perform the duties required
- Must be able to operate appropriate test equipment and react to the readings generated or displayed on monitors, gauges, panels or sensors
- Must be able to learn to use and read instruments including micrometers, microscopes, light tables and other specialized equipment used production
- Perform mathematical calculations including percentages, multiplication and division
- Operate a personal computer (PC) and software relevant to the job
- Must be able to work in close proximity with organic solvents
- Must have the ability to wear air-purifying respiratory protection equipment as needed
- Must be able to work in a team-based, high-stress production environment
- Must have adequate vision to inspect product for small defects
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at a time and prioritize appropriately
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner, including OSHA and HAZWOPER training
Machine Operator - Paper Shredding Specialist
Destruction Center Specialists serve clients by accurately processing and destroying all materials delivered to the production facility. They sort material and operate forklifts and other machinery and assist with other necessary duties.
- Empty collected material from containers; cut open bags, dump payloads, empty roll-arounds.
- Sort material by grade; separate and discard rubbish.
- Perform emergency equipment repairs.
- Clean facility and containers.
- Maintain strict security of material and trucks.
- Ensure safe machine operations.
- Assist in loading and unloading company trucks and vans.
- Inspect and maintain all equipment, including Scanner and all record center vehicles
- Perform auditing per schedule or as requested.
- Observe safety procedures, including containers/lids replaced and repaired, floors free of debris, and report any safety issues to direct supervisor.
- Communicate regularly with your direct supervisor to notify him or her of any potential issues, including but not limited to those relating to your job, or those relating to the client.
- Advise the appropriate manager of any issues requiring immediate attention, including but not limited to customer complaints.
- Participate in safety and security drills and advise the appropriate manager of any violations.
- Know and understand defined role in the Company Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Ensure all accidents and injuries are reported immediately to your supervisor.
- Travel between facilities when necessary.
- Collaborate with team members.
- Work overtime as necessary.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education and Years of Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one to two years’ experience in a warehouse/physical atmosphere and/or service industry.
Certifications, Licenses, Credentials:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be skilled in operating a forklift and/or pick lift.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately and completely understand the importance of detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to follow directions.
Physical Requirements (lifting, etc.):
- Routine lifting of 20-60 pounds (100-500 containers per day).
- Grip, lift, push, pull, and carry plastic bins over, up and down inclines, stairs, changes in walking surfaces and elevations.
- Overhead reaching.
- Routine bending and stretching.
- Routine pushing and pulling.
- Climb/step into a truck or cab.
- Must tolerate occasional periods of maintaining entire body in erect posture with static weight bearing on one or both legs.
- Must tolerate constant periods of resting without change in position.
- Must tolerate occasional periods of moving the entire body from one location to another with the use of legs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets
Automated Machine Tender
Job Description This position is responsible for assisting in the manufacture and production of specified products and goods. This position requires a variety of work including, but not limited to packaging, inspection and rework of parts and finished goods.
1. Assists in manufacturing and producing products and goods using automated assembly equipment as directed or explained in related work instructions.
Performs gaging and documentation where applicable. 2. Operates assigned automated equipment including but not limited to supplying the machine with components, unjamming the machine, and packing completed parts 3. Places identification into each container of parts or finished goods unless alternate method has been established 4.
Stops process, isolates suspect material and alerts mechanic, quality assurance, or supervision if problem is found 5. Cleans assigned machine and work area 6. Moves any defective parts or assemblies to specified scrap containers
Additional Responsibilities: 1. Performs and records applicable in-process inspections 2. Performs other duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities: * Must have the ability to work well with one’s hands
Must have the ability to successfully complete on-the-job training program Education & Experience: * High school diploma or equivalent
Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferred
Work Schedule: 12 hours shift Mon
Thurs 6:00 pm
6:00 amLeviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Job category: Manufacturing / Production / Opera...
Paper Machine Rewinder Slitter Operator
Hi, thank you for taking the time to look at our job posting. We are looking for an immediate hire to run our paper slitter rewinder machine. We are a company that specializes in food grade packaging. You would be required to run the machine that converts big rolls to smaller rolls. We need someone with real, hands on machine operation experience. I apologize, but driving a forklift doesn't count as experience with this type of machine. This machine is technical and requires a lot of brain power and resolve, as it can be frustrating at certain points. I don't mean to scare anyone away, I just want to be descriptive enough so we can find the right individual to meet our needs. If you feel that you have what it takes, please apply! Thanks so much for understanding!
Cleanliness and organization is a must. Punctuality is taken very seriously here.
Shift: Mon-Fri / 7am- 3:30pm
MUST INCLUDE RESUME
- Drug Tests, References and Background Checks will be performed prior to hiring.
-Follow work order instructions
-Set knives and run material to work order specifications
-Report all defects and damages to the Operations Manager or supervisor.
-Follow SOP Program
-Help machine maintain tidiness and cleanliness standards of the warehouse.
-Perform all assigned tasks given by the supervisor or Operations Manager efficiently and timely.
-Help to ensure the quality of supplies and goods are compliant with the ByPak Inc. standards.
-Maintain all safety regulations while carrying out work functions.
-Be aware and knowledgeable of assessed job hazards and the required PPE
-Solid math skills are a MUST
-Should be bodily fit and have the ability to lift weighty goods and materials, up to and including 75 lbs.
-Should have ability to conduct all assigned works and tasks competently.
-Should have ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
-Should be a team player and have the capacity to synchronize with associates.
-Should be familiar with all the safety rules
High school degree, GED certification or a corresponding prerequisite from a certified college.
Benefits:- 2 weeks vacation after 12 months. Paid holidays and sick time after 90 day probation period- No Health Insurance at this time.
Paper Machine Operator
Training will be on the day shift 8am-4pm
After training period the employee will be placed on the 3rd shift 6pm-6am
Main purpose of job
Leads a two person team that furnishes and operates a paper machine, which makes mica paper for electrical and/or heat insulating materials that must meet product and/or customer specifications
Obtaining a product that complies with technical and quality standards.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Maintain production standards in terms of scrap and efficiencies.
- Checks equipment for needed adjustments or repairs; Corrects as necessary or reports problems to the supervisor to initiate a repair request.
- Maintain good housekeeping on and around the equipment. This is an ongoing function that can be performed while the equipment is in operation.
- Informs the next shift regarding all activities that are underway and parameters that need to be followed.
- Supervises the equipment at all time; does not leave the workplace without the consent of his superior.
- Work all shifts and reasonable amount of overtime, including weekends to meet customer needs.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs.
- Reduce material scrap
- Perform data entries on the computer
- Fill out process sheets
- Visually inspect material being produced for defects; and corrects such defects as necessary.
- Assists maintenance in making equipment changes when necessary.
- Directs and assists in removal of finished rolls from the paper machine, collecting of samples, roll weighing and transporting and packaging as necessary.
- Completes production reports, data entry on the computer, process sheets identification tags and other records as required
Paper Machine Operator
The Paper Machine Operator job consists of assisting all co-workers with setting up and maintaining production of papermaking equipment. Included in their duties is ensuring that they read the order properly, ensure all raw materials are available, ensure proper set-up of equipment, and preventative machine maintenance while following all safe work practices.
• Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 1) Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (glasses, ear plugs, gloves, etc…)
• 2) Monitor machines, equipment and processes.
• 3) House Keeping, washing up, raking up paper, shoveling debris.
• 4) Small repairs of paper mill equipment.
• 5) Perform test on either raw material or finished product.
• 6) Perform fast walking rounds of work area, continuously.
• 7) Install paper machine clothing on shutdown (requires heavy lifting).
• 8) Train others employees as well as receive training in multiple jobs through out the plant.
• 9) Interpret data from the computer system and input data as needed.
• 10) Perform any other task ask of him or her by Mill Management.
College degree, Military or Paper Mill Experience required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
E2 Paper Machine Superintendent
About WestRock About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com . E2 Paper Machine Superintendent - Evadale, TX Highway 105 Evadale, Texas, 77615 United States
Career Opportunity The #2 Paper Machine Superintendent coordinates and manages the efforts of the Paper Machine team. The superintendent is expected to manage the production resources, interface with other departments, manage the capital budget and project and operation budgets needed to attain safety, quality, production, environmental and cost goals. #2 Paper Machine is a coated board machine that produces 550 tons per day.
How you will impact WestRock In this role, you will manage all aspects of plant involvement to ensure optimum productivity on the Paper Machine. This includes but is not limited to: · Review of production and quality results on a daily basis. · Communicates the results of Quality Objectives and Quality Management System Reviews to all levels in the department. · Gather and analyzes information to identify sources of machine downtime and quality problems.
Works with the Paper Machine team to identify probable causes and coordinates efforts to correct them. · Oversight of the administration of salary workforce in his/her area with regard to salary reviews, vacations, and work assignments. Including performance evaluations and progress towards established goals. · Works with the Superintendent to develop annual goals with emphasis on safety, environment, quality, production, and cost. · Ensures proper company/ union relations according to the current labor contract. Participates in problem discussions and resolution.
Participates in grievance hearings as needed. · Works with Foreman, Process Engineers, and the Operations Supervisor to plan and submit capital improvement budget for the department. Also works with the Superintendent to establish priorities · Assists engineering on capital improvement projects; participates in the review of engineering designs and drawings
What you need to succeed · Bachelors in Engineering and/or a Pulp and Paper Degree preferred · 10\
- years of supervision in a paper making related position including experience with paper machine operations and maintenance planning/coordination. · Exceptional ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization. · Ability to clearly define objectives (safety, environmental, quality, and productivity) and be effective in involving others in the achievement of those objectives. · Ability to direct continuous improvement efforts in the paper machine department in all areas, but with special emphasis on safety, quality, environment, production, and cost. WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans. #TX Production/Manufacturing WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
E2 Paper Machine Superintendent
Paper Machine Assistant Area Manager
Position Overview: The Paper Machine Assistant Area Manager will be responsible for assisting the Paper Machine Area Manager in support of the No.
Two Paper Machine at the Prattville Mill. This position will have responsibility for various part of the Paper production process, from HD Storage thanks through the roll lines leading to the Finished Goods warehouse. The Assistant Area Manager will have the opportunity to grow and develop, preparing them for further positions of greater responsibility within International Paper.
Day-to-day responsibilities include: Responsibility for all safety and environmental results. Prioritization and scheduling of Maintenance work through MWS advantage elements.
Development and implementation of work system improvements in the operational area. Coordination / Communication between other departments for overall operations/maintenance work. Assistance in leading shift supervisors and operation maintenance coordinators with clear expectations and provide resources to shift teams.
Management of area costs and meeting budget constraints. Commitment to reducing and eliminating machine failures through root cause failure analysis. This includes thorough evaluation, analyzation and execution of corrective actions after failure analysis is complete.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must have at least two years of paper mill experience with a demonstrated record of commitment to safety and results. Effective communication to both groups and individuals and interpersonal skills will be key for the successful candidate. A Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or a related field is required.
Supervisory experience preferred. Key Competencies: Results Oriented Managing through Systems Building Effective Teams Interpersonal Savvy Functional /Technical Skills Problem Solving
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!