Paper Core Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Paper Laminating Machine (Plm) Operator - Nights
Paper Laminating Machine Operator (PLM/PGR – Level C):
This is a position working in our Paper Laminating Machine (PLM) area.
Will work Monday through Thursday 5:45 p.m. – 6:15 a.m.n
DNP Imagingcomm America Corporation is a wholly owned Japanese subsidiary established in Concord, NC in 1995. Today, we coat jumbo rolls, slit and package ID card and photo ribbons used in printing applications; as well as develop software, deploy photo printing kiosks, integrate systems and provide support for our products.
As a PGR member, operate a production coating machine in order to achieve output and yield targets
Duties, Responsibilities & Authority:
- Operate coating machine and produce High Quality Paper product within specifications
- Per the posted Standard Operating Procedures under direction of the Group Leader
- Assist in the initial Quality Inspection Testing, as directed by the Group Leader
- Perform area specific countermeasures to maintain Quality
- Communicate and eliminate non-conforming product conditions
- Perform changeovers to the coating machine
- Activities not limited to roll exchanges, roll cleaning, doctor blade exchanges, machine threading, filter changes, parts cleaning and material handling
- Some activities require periods of physical exertion and coordination with maintenance, operation, management and others as necessary
- Perform line checks to area of responsibility and take action when necessary
- Under the guidance of the Group Leader
- Obtain a full working knowledge of the local mixing, coating and ink supply systems to be proficient in troubleshooting basic equipment and process problems
- Charge inks and organic solvents in a measured & controlled manner, producing a coat-able solution per the batch controlled mixing sheet
- Assist in the development and training of other operators as directed
- Assist in maintenance activities, providing input and explanation for process issues
- Participate in Productivity Improvement and Cost Reduction plans as directed
- Facilitate internal communication and working relationships within areas of responsibility
- Perform all duties in accordance with established safety rules and regulations
Job Requirements /
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required
- Associate degree in technical field preferred
- Experience in mixing/blending/coating/extrusion operations preferred
- Prior product manufacturing experience required
- Operator must be able to bend, stoop, squat, twist and work in cramped spaces
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, operate a roll cart weighing in excess of 400 pounds
- Must be able to occasionally work in confined space
- Repetitive arm and shoulder motion when cleaning rolls
- Must have the ability to interface and communicate effectively, write legibly and read/comprehend sufficiently to perform the duties required
- Must be able to operate appropriate test equipment and react to the readings generated or displayed on monitors, gauges, panels or sensors
- Must be able to learn to use and read instruments including micrometers, microscopes, light tables and other specialized equipment used production
- Perform mathematical calculations including percentages, multiplication and division
- Operate a personal computer (PC) and software relevant to the job
- Must be able to work in close proximity with organic solvents
- Must have the ability to wear air-purifying respiratory protection equipment as needed
- Must be able to work in a team-based, high-stress production environment
- Must have adequate vision to inspect product for small defects
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at a time and prioritize appropriately
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner, including OSHA and HAZWOPER training
Paper Machine Control Room Operator (Machine Tender) - (Shelby Expansion)
Clearwater Paper is seeking skilled Paper Machine Control Room Operators for our Shelby NC location. Sucessful candidates will have experience setting up and operating paper good equipment. Responsibilities include:
Operate DCS for Machine Operations
Conduct Paper Quality Checks
Maintain Paper Testing Equipment
Adjust Paper Machine Process To Maintain Quality Centerlines Of Paper
Direct Team Members In Daily Operations Of Paper Machine
Assist Quality Department during trials
Train Team Members In Paper Making Process And Control Room Responsibilities
Maintain And Adjust Boiler Operation
Perform Responsibilities As A Relief Team Leader In The Paper Making Department
Serve As Emergency Evacuation Coordinator For Paper Making Department
Enter Work Orders Into JDE Work Order System To Identify Equipment In Need Of Repairs
Work With Maintenance and E&I Department In Completing Work Orders
Manage Team On Down Days If In Team Leader Relief Position
Able To Prioritize Several Situations At Once
Experience with lean methodology and TPM is preferred
At least 2 years of Paper Machine Operation experience
High school education or GED required
Achievement of technical skills in all positions on the paper machine.
Problem solving ability.
Good reading, writing and verbal skills.
Basic computer skills.
Must Be Self-Motivated This position requires working in all areas of the paper machine. Lifting, bending will be required. The area Is hot and loud. There are slipping, tripping and falling hazards, as well as in running nips and suspended loads. Compressed air, steam, lubrication oil and hydraulic fluid will be used in the paper machine area. Travel for this position is minimal, but may be occasionally required. Overtime is required to complete critical tasks and meet deadlines. Req No.: 2017-3139 Post End Date: 4/27/2018 External Company URL: http://www.clearwaterpaper.com
Machine Operator - Paper Shredding Specialist
Destruction Center Specialists serve clients by accurately processing and destroying all materials delivered to the production facility. They sort material and operate forklifts and other machinery and assist with other necessary duties.
- Empty collected material from containers; cut open bags, dump payloads, empty roll-arounds.
- Sort material by grade; separate and discard rubbish.
- Perform emergency equipment repairs.
- Clean facility and containers.
- Maintain strict security of material and trucks.
- Ensure safe machine operations.
- Assist in loading and unloading company trucks and vans.
- Inspect and maintain all equipment, including Scanner and all record center vehicles
- Perform auditing per schedule or as requested.
- Observe safety procedures, including containers/lids replaced and repaired, floors free of debris, and report any safety issues to direct supervisor.
- Communicate regularly with your direct supervisor to notify him or her of any potential issues, including but not limited to those relating to your job, or those relating to the client.
- Advise the appropriate manager of any issues requiring immediate attention, including but not limited to customer complaints.
- Participate in safety and security drills and advise the appropriate manager of any violations.
- Know and understand defined role in the Company Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Ensure all accidents and injuries are reported immediately to your supervisor.
- Travel between facilities when necessary.
- Collaborate with team members.
- Work overtime as necessary.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education and Years of Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one to two years’ experience in a warehouse/physical atmosphere and/or service industry.
Certifications, Licenses, Credentials:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be skilled in operating a forklift and/or pick lift.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately and completely understand the importance of detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to follow directions.
Physical Requirements (lifting, etc.):
- Routine lifting of 20-60 pounds (100-500 containers per day).
- Grip, lift, push, pull, and carry plastic bins over, up and down inclines, stairs, changes in walking surfaces and elevations.
- Overhead reaching.
- Routine bending and stretching.
- Routine pushing and pulling.
- Climb/step into a truck or cab.
- Must tolerate occasional periods of maintaining entire body in erect posture with static weight bearing on one or both legs.
- Must tolerate constant periods of resting without change in position.
- Must tolerate occasional periods of moving the entire body from one location to another with the use of legs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets
Paper Machine Operator
The Paper Machine Operator job consists of assisting all co-workers with setting up and maintaining production of papermaking equipment. Included in their duties is ensuring that they read the order properly, ensure all raw materials are available, ensure proper set-up of equipment, and preventative machine maintenance while following all safe work practices.
• Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 1) Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (glasses, ear plugs, gloves, etc…)
• 2) Monitor machines, equipment and processes.
• 3) House Keeping, washing up, raking up paper, shoveling debris.
• 4) Small repairs of paper mill equipment.
• 5) Perform test on either raw material or finished product.
• 6) Perform fast walking rounds of work area, continuously.
• 7) Install paper machine clothing on shutdown (requires heavy lifting).
• 8) Train others employees as well as receive training in multiple jobs through out the plant.
• 9) Interpret data from the computer system and input data as needed.
• 10) Perform any other task ask of him or her by Mill Management.
College degree, Military or Paper Mill Experience required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Paper Machine Operator
Training will be on the day shift 8am-4pm
After training period the employee will be placed on the 3rd shift 6pm-6am
Main purpose of job
Leads a two person team that furnishes and operates a paper machine, which makes mica paper for electrical and/or heat insulating materials that must meet product and/or customer specifications
Obtaining a product that complies with technical and quality standards.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Maintain production standards in terms of scrap and efficiencies.
- Checks equipment for needed adjustments or repairs; Corrects as necessary or reports problems to the supervisor to initiate a repair request.
- Maintain good housekeeping on and around the equipment. This is an ongoing function that can be performed while the equipment is in operation.
- Informs the next shift regarding all activities that are underway and parameters that need to be followed.
- Supervises the equipment at all time; does not leave the workplace without the consent of his superior.
- Work all shifts and reasonable amount of overtime, including weekends to meet customer needs.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs.
- Reduce material scrap
- Perform data entries on the computer
- Fill out process sheets
- Visually inspect material being produced for defects; and corrects such defects as necessary.
- Assists maintenance in making equipment changes when necessary.
- Directs and assists in removal of finished rolls from the paper machine, collecting of samples, roll weighing and transporting and packaging as necessary.
- Completes production reports, data entry on the computer, process sheets identification tags and other records as required
Paper Machine Shift Foreman
About WestRock About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com . Paper Machine Shift Foreman - Dallas, TX 1120 East Clarendon Drive Dallas, Texas, 75203 United States
The opportunity The Shift Supervisor is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of papermill, shipping and stock preparation operations for a designated shift, including safety, quality, production, costs, environmental control and employee relations. Areas of responsibility include the paper mill with 1 paper machine, Shipping, and Stock Preparation.
The Shift Supervisor also has mill-wide responsibilities for prioritizing shift maintenance and responding to emergencies. The position reports to the Mill Superintendent within the Production Department. When serving as the Relief Supervisor, the position will provide vacation relief for other Shift Supervisors when required. The position will supervise shipping personnel and complete special production projects when not in a relief role.
How You will impact WestRock · Lead plant safety policies and procedures including housekeeping practices. Promote safety
Lead plant safety policies and procedures including housekeeping practices. Promote safety · engagement among all employees.engagement among all employees. · Lead both pre-shift safety meetings and monthly safety training meetings.Lead both pre-shift safety meetings and monthly safety training meetings. · Build effective relationships with all internal departments.Build effective relationships with all internal departments. · Control process and production workflow to ensure safe and effective use of available equipment capacity, labor and tools.Control process and production workflow to ensure safe and effective use of available equipment capacity, labor and tools. · Coordinate maintenance work, customer and manufacturing needs.Coordinate maintenance work, customer and manufacturing needs. · Monitor all process controls and procedures.Monitor all process controls and procedures. · Ensure adherence to departmental quality procedures.Ensure adherence to departmental quality procedures. · Coach and counsel team members to perform to company standards.Coach and counsel team members to perform to company standards. · Alter schedules to adapt to unforeseen conditions.Alter schedules to adapt to unforeseen conditions. · Be the first point of contact for all hourly employee concerns.Be the first point of contact for all hourly employee concerns.
What You need for success · HS Diploma OR GED plus a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in the Paper, Converting or Corrugated industriesHS Diploma OR GED plus a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in the Paper, Converting or Corrugated industries · Strong leadership skills required
Strong leadership skills required · Effective process management skills
Effective process management skills · Excellent communication skills
Excellent communication skills
What we offer · Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence · Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities · An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential · A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work. WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans. #TX #GD Production/Manufacturing WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
Paper Machine Shift Foreman
Paper Machine Manager
Nippon Dynawave Packaging has an opening in the Longview, WA operations. This position reports to the VP of Operations/Mill Manager and is lead for the Paper Machine Department. This position is responsible for the safe and reliable production of the paperboard production for the Longview site.
Principal Job Responsibilities/Duties
Responsibilities for this position are but not limited to:
· Responsibility for the safety performance of all employees and contractors in the Paper Machine area
· Ensures that safety systems are in place, followed, and enforced
· Ensures that operating procedures are in place, followed, and enforced
· Ensures that training systems are in place, followed, and maintained
· Maintains high expectations and standards around housekeeping
· Maintains and champions excellent product quality
· Direct supervision of front line supervisors and assistant superintendents. The operations group consists of approximately 50 hourly operators and 12 salaried positions.
· Accountable for efficient operations of the paper machine department and responsible for meeting mill production targets
· Accountable for managing all department operating costs.
· Responsible for maintaining and improving reliability throughout the paper machine department.
· Works to identify, promote, and execute key capital expenditures in efforts to reduce costs and improve reliability
Technical Skills Required
· Minimum of ten (10) years papermill experience, preferably leading in an paper machine department
· Degreed chemical, mechanical or other related engineer preferred but not required
· Reputation as being a team player and expects the same
· Good process, problem solving and facilitation skills
· Able to resolve conflicts
· Strong leadership skills
· Good communication skills
· Strong customer Focus
· Driven for results
· Skilled at planning large outages and capital project execution
· Focus on developing direct reports
Paper Machine Manager-Finished Products - RT
Paper Machine Manager-Finished Products - RT
Eastover, South Carolina 29044
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities.
This is your opportunity to be part of a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. We are known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success.
We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Finished Products E2 Paper Machine Manager
In teamwork with other managers, Eastover’s Area Process Manager Finished Products is expected to provide leadership for and manage the paper machine operations across all shift teams with a strong focus on safety, process reliability, quality, maintenance coordination, organizational performance, skill building, and talent development. Safe execution of work and managing and leading others to work safely is an essential accountability.
Responsibilities include management of production strategy and plans, machine clothing, coordination of Maintenance activities including field day and annual outages (includes roles and responsibilities for the Operations Maintenance Coordinator as described in the MWS Manual), coordination with Engineering, problem solving, delivering deliberate and continuous improvements, organizational performance, cost management, process monitoring, and communication. As a member of the Finished Products Management Team, the position holder will help establish and manage strategic goals and initiatives, develop budgets, help manage tactical and policy issues, and ensure resources and management systems are in place for all aspects of area operation. Taking night and weekend call responsibility on a rotating basis is required.
Required qualifications include:
Demonstrated safety leadership and commitment to safety excellence. Proven excellent safety record.
5+ years Paper Machine area experience is required:
Demonstrated knowledge in papermaking and ability to apply the knowledge to lead decision making.
Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills using sound technical basis, risk management, and involving people who have a stake in the outcome.
2+ years management experience as a FLL (permanent or relief) or in a papermaking operations area.
Experience leading effective field day & outage planning and execution.
Experience leading resolution of quality problems.
Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse organization and engage people to achieve desired results.
Be a positive catalyst for change.
Have demonstrated ability to discuss and weigh options to define a path forward.
Have enabling and empowering behaviors and be someone a lot of people respect and like to follow.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
Ability to communicate with and build relationships with a broad array of people.
Easily keeps lots of people highly informed and up to the minute.
Interact with management at all levels.
Demonstrated ability to facilitate and lead team meetings and discussions
Demonstrated skills in individual problem solving and in group problem solving.
Demonstrated use of computer tools for trending, analysis and reporting.
Core competencies to succeed in the Team Manager position include:
Problem Solving, Managing Through Systems, Timely Decision Making, Process Management, Motivating others, Learning on the Fly, Integrity and Trust, Listening, Delegation, Building Effective Teams, Process Management, Organizing, Planning, Managing and Measuring Results, Conflict Management, Technical Skills/Process Knowledge, Dealing with Ambiguity, Drive for Results, Listening, Priority Setting, Perseverance, Peer Relationships.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1.Demonstrated safety leadership and commitment to safety excellence. Proven excellent safety record.
2.5+ years Paper Machine area experience is required:
3.Demonstrated knowledge in papermaking and ability to apply the knowledge to lead decision making.
4.Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills using sound technical basis, risk management, and involving people who have a stake in the outcome.
5.2+ years management experience as a FLL (permanent or relief) or in a papermaking operations area.
6.Experience leading effective field day & outage planning and execution.
7.Experience leading resolution of quality problems.
Preferred qualifications include:
9.B.S. Degree in Paper Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
Demonstrated utilization of manufacturing excellence tools.
Desire and capability to advance beyond the position, including willingness to relocate.
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?
Machine Core Operator- 2Nd Shift
Eaton in Amarillo, TX is seeking a full-time Machine Core Operator to work second shift. Primary Function: Perform a variety of duties to operate a core machine to produce quality cores. Essential Functions:
Perform a variety of duties to sort, clean, gauge and visually inspect cores according to specifications as assigned
Responsible for maintaining quality of cores and reporting issues to supervision including machine malfunction and operating irregularities
Maintain area cleanliness and utilize 5-S program in area
Must be familiar with and adhere to all safety principles including confined space, lockout tag out, and fall protection.
Utilize basic math skills as needed
Perform and maintain various recordkeeping duties as trained and as assigned.
Perform utility function as required to include cleaning and regular preventative maintenance
Follow cleaning schedules for Redford/Carver speed Mullors, Peterle and Shalco machines.
Perform material handling duties as assigned
- Other Duties as assigned Qualifications
High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Amarillo, TX will be considered
Proven ability to run a machine with multiple settings or specifications Position Criteria:
Understand and utilize the lockout/tagout procedures.
Work at varied heights using fall protection as required
Work in and understand confined spaces
Forklift and frontend loader certified.
This position requires standing and/or walking for an entire eight – twelve hours
Ability to comprehend and follow moderately technical standards and maintenance procedures
Ability to lift 50 lbs. We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters. Job: Manufacturing & Operations Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas Job Level: Entry Level Schedule: Full-time Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No Does this position offer relocation?: No Travel: No Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Core Machine Operator - DS (Fo97#16-18)
The primary responsibility of this position is to make sand cores used in molds to form hollows or holes in metal castings either by hand or by utilizing various core machines. The individual must be able to work under moderate supervision. Responsibilities cited below are considered essential job functions: Principal
Duties & Responsibilities:
Adhere to established safety procedures and 5 “ S ” standards (Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain the cycle) required to perform daily duties in this position, including the proper techniques used in lifting/moving of parts
Make cores by hand by: a. Scrape top of core box leveling sand in box b. Position plate on top of box to hold cores in place c. Turn core box over and raise box off finished core d. Remove fins from parting line with file e. Mud core seams
Make cores by utilizing various core machines: a. Scoop sand into core machines b. Position core box in machines c. Activate hands on /off switch to fill machine with sand d. Place lid on top of core box e. Activate machine f. Remove core box from machine at end of machine cycle g. Remove core from box h. File core
Assemble various cores into core assemblies, according to process sheets
Stack finished cores in box or tubs
Label box or tub with content information, such as: part number, sand type, date and operator’s initials
Set up core machine/change core boxes in preparation for production
Coat specified areas of finished cores with core wash by dipping cores in core wash hand; some cores may be hand painted by utilizing paintbrushes
Load trays with finished, dipped or painted cores and place the cores in the oven; remove trays from the oven when drying cycle is completed
- Other duties as assigned; required being very flexible in their daily job assignments Skills/
Communication skills, ability to read, write and comprehend instruction
Ability to stand, stoop, bend, walk, climb, reach frequently throughout the workday
Ability to lift items up to 40lbs without assistance
Knowledge of shop mathematics Standard Shift Hours: Mon
- 2:30pm (Core Hours) + overtime Working Conditions/Physical
General shop and machine tool noise, dirt, sand, grease, high temperatures and fumes from the operation of machines and equipment. Normal working position is standing or walking through out the plant. Some repetitive lifting/moving is required, depending on the daily assignment or tasks being performed. Physical ability to wear respirator and safety equipment required. The weight can range over 40 lbs, in which proper lifting/moving techniques are required. Benefits: Paid Time-Off Paid Holidays Medical Insurance with Flexible Spending Account Free Medical Clinic for Employees and Dependents Dental & Vision Insurance Life, STD & LTD Life Assistance Program 401(k)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!