Paper Cutter Job Description Sample
Paper Cutter Operator
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Paper Cutter Operator to work in a fast-paced, global graphic communications company that provides high quality output to corporate clients.
- Read instructions from job tickets and set up cutter based on instructions.
- Run samples for approval by designated personnel.
- Complete checklist and other paperwork for the cutter.
- Perform preventative maintenance on cutter.
- Operate or assist on other bindery equipment when workload dictates.
- Demonstrate good safety attitudes and expect same from helper.
- Keep immediate work area neat and orderly.
- Physical demands while performing the duties of this job include the following: required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Self-motivated, good problem solving skills, and detail oriented.
- Committed to completing tasks accurately and timely while ensuring quality and production standards are met.
- Strong communication skills.
- Team player.
- Able to succeed with minimal supervision.
- Some math skills required; ability to work with a ruler and numbers.
- Ability to use hand-truck and/or hand pallet jack and motorized forklifts.
- Ability to lift and/or grasp up to 50 pounds.
- Mechanical ability.
- Attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the printing industry with 3 years in digital printing.
This position primarily resides in a digital print production environment, and requires standing for 90% of the day. The environment is fast paced and requires the candidate to constantly be multitasking.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At DG3, our colleagues are driven by our vision to be the best-in-class visual communications firm in the world. We embrace diversity and, with offices in some of the most diverse markets in the world, find it to be one of our secrets to success. We have established a means to attract voices across races, genders, ethnicities and religions and use those differences to break new ground. It is that same belief that allows us to live our vision every day.
Computerized Paper Guillotine Operator
- You want to use your unique skills and abilities in an innovative, highly successful,growing printing and manufacturing operation.
- You want to work with talented and smart people, in a place where you respect, and are respected by, your peers.
- You want a challenging role that is demanding and rewarding.
- You want freedom and trust, allowing you to explore possibilities.
- You want to work on something important, where your career will develop as the business grows.
- Under direction of the Bindery Supervisor, set-up and operate computerized cutting machine equipment and produce finished product at prescribed rate and quantity, and per specified quality standards.
- Interact with Press, UV, Customer Service, Binning and Shipping team members to ensure completion of duties and fulfilling commitment that every product ships on time.
- Perform all tasks following SOP’s and instructions, and adhere to all safety rules without exception.
- Troubleshoot equipment, solve problems, and enhance the production process on an on-going basis.
- Recommend equipment repairs, parts, blades and supplies as needed.
- Undergo training as necessary to operate equipment, execute processes, etc.
- Maintain and clean work area and equipment.
- Coordinate pass-off information between adjacent shifts, with the goal of minimizing downtime and increasing productivity through information.
- Participate in specific continuous improvement initiatives.
- Attend and contribute to regular production/project-specific meetings as required.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety and environmental practices.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- May operate hand truck, paper jog, dolly and/or pallet jack in loading and unloading.
- May assist in routine maintenance of bindery equipment.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Work with and train Cutter Assistants.
- Commit to team objective that EVERY ORDER SHIPS!
- Ability to lift 65 pounds and manipulate/move heavy objects.
- Ability to stand for full 8-hour shift, ability to manipulate foot bar, and good hand/eye acuity and coordination to manually align paper sheets to ensure proper cutting technique.
- Solid basic math and computer skills with the ability to pre-program cutter for appropriate cuts per order.
- Good verbal and written communications skills with proficiency in English and the ability to communicate effectively with plant personnel.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member within a diverse work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team orientation.
- Skill in organizing and managing time and understanding priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure or in time sensitive situations.
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- A conscientious and disciplined approach to work.
- Reliability, punctuality, self-directed and flexible to changing priorities or circumstances.
- Ability to prepare administrative paperwork and records.
- Ability to report problems and provide information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to adhere to quality control standards.
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to use desktop computer and associated software.
- You are a hard worker with a determination to succeed.
- You are commercially and financially aware.
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- You are an effective person who makes great things happen, and gets things done.
- You are already smart, but constantly crave more knowledge, and you thrive by learning and achieving something every day.
- Applicants may be required to submit to pre-employment background check and/or physical examination including drug screening/medical history check.
- Position may require the need to work nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Possession of a valid driver's license is a requirement for this job.
- Work environment involves moderate exposure to hazards or physical risks which require following constant safety precautions, and frequent exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, chemicals, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Sr Paper Folder Operator - Overnight
data-selector-name="jobdetails" data-org-id="1118" data-job-id="6066918" data-google-job-id="" data-apply-click-url="/job/ApplyClick"Sr Paper Folder Operator
OvernightApply NowJob ID:MAR00012XDate posted:10/24/2017Location:HQ Print Svc Brooklyn Pk, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota Description:JOIN US AS A FOLDER OPERATOR
2NDSHIFT!Sets-up and operates continuous-feed and pile-feed folding equipment. Occasionally, may functionally supervise a crew of one or two team members.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Folder Operator
2ndShift, you'll take the lead as you…Achieve the standard production rates on folding equipment
Maintain strict adherence to all operational, safety, and quality standards and procedures
Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work area
Troubleshoot and perform routine maintenance and simple repairs to the folder as necessary
Provide training to other team members or perform other tasks as requested by the Production SupervisorRequirementsHigh school graduate or equivalent
Two years of set-up and operating experience on continuous-feed and pile-feed folders
Able to stand for long periods of time and use a variety of motor skills
Able to read and understand simple technical instructions in EnglishCapable of following written and oral instructions
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
E2 Paper Machine Superintendent
About WestRock About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com . E2 Paper Machine Superintendent - Evadale, TX Highway 105 Evadale, Texas, 77615 United States
Career Opportunity The #2 Paper Machine Superintendent coordinates and manages the efforts of the Paper Machine team. The superintendent is expected to manage the production resources, interface with other departments, manage the capital budget and project and operation budgets needed to attain safety, quality, production, environmental and cost goals. #2 Paper Machine is a coated board machine that produces 550 tons per day.
How you will impact WestRock In this role, you will manage all aspects of plant involvement to ensure optimum productivity on the Paper Machine. This includes but is not limited to: · Review of production and quality results on a daily basis. · Communicates the results of Quality Objectives and Quality Management System Reviews to all levels in the department. · Gather and analyzes information to identify sources of machine downtime and quality problems.
Works with the Paper Machine team to identify probable causes and coordinates efforts to correct them. · Oversight of the administration of salary workforce in his/her area with regard to salary reviews, vacations, and work assignments. Including performance evaluations and progress towards established goals. · Works with the Superintendent to develop annual goals with emphasis on safety, environment, quality, production, and cost. · Ensures proper company/ union relations according to the current labor contract. Participates in problem discussions and resolution.
Participates in grievance hearings as needed. · Works with Foreman, Process Engineers, and the Operations Supervisor to plan and submit capital improvement budget for the department. Also works with the Superintendent to establish priorities · Assists engineering on capital improvement projects; participates in the review of engineering designs and drawings
What you need to succeed · Bachelors in Engineering and/or a Pulp and Paper Degree preferred · 10\
- years of supervision in a paper making related position including experience with paper machine operations and maintenance planning/coordination. · Exceptional ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization. · Ability to clearly define objectives (safety, environmental, quality, and productivity) and be effective in involving others in the achievement of those objectives. · Ability to direct continuous improvement efforts in the paper machine department in all areas, but with special emphasis on safety, quality, environment, production, and cost. WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans. #TX Production/Manufacturing WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
E2 Paper Machine Superintendent
Part-Time Print Associate - Paper And Toner Delivery
POSITION PROFILE Provides operations functions in one or all of the following areas: operates duplicating equipment, performs associated copying tasks, scanning equipment, operate low to mid volume mail processing equipment. Ships and receives product and supplies, sorts, distributes and handles incoming and outgoing mail/faxes, as well as applies necessary postage. Provides copier maintenance and first call response for customer site equipment. May also perform one of the following at entry level: bindery, Quality Control and final check, housekeeping, file services, call center representative, etc. This position reports directly to the Site Manager, Site Supervisor or Assistant Site Manager, depending on site personnel configuration. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Operate MS Office and Email systems
Perform basic scanning responsibilities
Ensures convenience copiers are working properly, checking for quality via daily inspections. Clears paper jams and informs technicians of specific problems.
Maintains records for management reports and inventories of supplies needed.
Distributes office supplies, fax transmissions and mail to company personnel and/or designated drop-off points as required.
Performs furniture/conference room set up
Performs Fulfillment functions
Calculates charges for jobs performed and maintains logs.
Responds to and coordinates all service calls required by customer.
May perform filing duties in conjunction with specific customer requests.
Delivers completed jobs to pre-determined customer locations within and outside of the site.
Maintains daily meter and service logs.
May travel between customer's buildings.
Answers customer questions regarding status or feasibility of job requests.
Ensures upkeep of convenience copier areas by keeping neat and well stocked.
Performs duties related to the shipping and/or receiving of materials in a mailroom type environment
Uses shrink-wrap machine, paper cutter, hole driller, bindery equipment, jogger, tape machine, stackers, electric stapler and scales in completion of various jobs contracted.
Uses all copier equipment, calculator, fax machine, postage meter and some PC.
Performs filing duties, which may include 'purging' and archiving old documents.
Understanding of Ricoh Services Portfolio & Technology
Performs other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications) Typically Required:
Requires high school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
Some related copy job experience is preferred.
May require a valid driver's license and minimum levels of auto insurance coverage per Ricoh policy.
Demonstrated competency in basic computer skills including proficiency in MS Office Suite. Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Opportunities For Logistics, Converting, & Paper Mill Operators
LOGISTICS, CONVERTING, & PAPER MILL OPERATORS Fort Edward, NY At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products.
Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Scotties facial brand. Our manufacturing facilities are located in Fort Edward, NY, Toronto, Ontario, and Dieppe, New Brunswick. We are looking for Operators with a "Can Do" attitude, who are passionate about achieving results
Paper Printing Finishing Equipment Operator
Paper Printing Finishing Equipment Operator for Whizley:
A great opportunity for an operator who wants to work with a new company with a lot of potential to grow. Along with working on multiple types of finishing equipment to complete projects.
Must have 1+ years’ experience in working with paper printing machinery equipment. Preferable with folding gluing equipment and/or book binding equipment. Additional positives would be working on laminator, UV coating, guillotine cutter, and slitter/cutter/creaser equipment.
· Work on the production line at any given operation to produce product
o Folding Cartons
o Perfect Bound Booklets
o Saddle Stitch Booklets
o Marketing Material
· Must be energetic
· Must work well with others
· Computer skills (basic knowledge)
· Quick with hands
· Bonus Skill: If you have any of these skills please identify on your resume
o Igen Operator
o Worked on and is comfortable making minor repairs to machinery
Paper Carriers Needed
Paper Carrier Needed The Gaston Gazette is in need of a Contract Carrier for the following area: Lincolnton Dallas Reliable transportation and a valid driver's license is required. Must be able to work early morning hours. Email resume to: CSavage@ gastongazette.com or call 704-869-1778 leave message
Driver, Paper Shredding Route - Normal, Illinois - Days
COPS (Confidential Onsite Paper Shredding), a recognized regional leader in destruction of paper and media containing confidential information, seeks a Route Driver for our growing business. We seek a full-time, first shift, local Route Driver to help service our customer base for COPS and do other work for our Fiber and other operations as needed.
This position will be headquartered out of our Normal, Illinois facility. The ideal candidate will have a stable job history, demonstrated dependability, a commitment to excellence and the ability to deliver friendly, the ability to learn, the physical abilities to safely and efficiently perform the
Electrical Reliability Engineer - Paper Mill
Reliability Engineers must interact effectively with all the levels of the organization – from maintenance craftsmen and operators through mill and corporate management. They work closely with operating and maintenance leaders to eliminate chronic problems and to support high priority area objectives. Excellent communication skills are a necessity. Reliability engineering assignments have a true impact on the performance of the mill and offer a challenging and rewarding career.
A Reliability Engineer will be accountable for:
- Working safely in an industrial environment
- Eliminating unscheduled downtime
- Managing asset criticalities, equipment care strategies, and maintenance policies to ensure failure prevention
- Resolving chronic problems using RCFA or other structured problem-solving techniques
- Leading step change improvements in key focus areas critical to the mill’s success
- Influencing maintenance activities to achieve reliability targets and increase asset life
- Managing repair and capital projects that directly impact the reliability of the equipment throughout the mill
- Improving Reliability systems and behaviors
A bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical or chemical engineering is preferred with 7+ years’ experience in a maintenance/reliability function. Non-degreed candidates with significant experience in a related function will also be considered. Pulp/Paper mill experience is preferred.
Preferred Qualifications include the following experience and knowledge sets:
- Rotating equipment maintenance techniques
- Precision maintenance practices
- Equipment care strategies
- Lean Manufacturing and Green Belt knowledge
- Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Capital Project Management
- Facility Preservation experience
Action-oriented, Functional/technical skills, Problem-solving, ManagingThrough Systems, Priority Setting, Organizing, Oral and Written Communication Skills, Results Oriented, Managerial Courage, and Customer Focus
Security Clearance Required:
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Full-time Benefits- Full
Relocation Assistance Available- Yes
Commission Compensation- No
Bonus Eligible- No
Overtime Eligible- No
Interview Travel Reimbursed- No
7+ to 10 years experience
Seniority Level- Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required- No
Minimum Education- Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel – Occasionally
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!