Paper Inserter Job Description Sample
Experienced Inserter Operator -- 2Nd Shift
We currently have a position available on 2nd shift for an experienced Inserter Operator .
An Inserter Operator is responsible for setting up, operating and maintaining equipment used to fold, match and insert multiple pieces of printed material into an envelope. Experience with Bell & Howell, CMC, and Pitney Bowes Inserters considered a huge plus.
Sets up inserting equipment at the beginning of each job according to the specifications provided on the job ticket and runs the inserters
May operate various inserting equipment
Inserts address tags into mail sacks, tubs or trays used for bulk mailing of ID Cards, kits, subscription magazines and catalogs
Keeps work area in order and staged with product and follows prescribed safety regulations
Performs quality control during each mailing to ensure product meet USPS requirements
Reads postal statement and sorts mail accordingly
Maintains equipment, troubleshoots equipment problems, performs prescribed preventative maintenance on equipment as required and identify repairs if needed
Makes adjustments as required to return output to the proper specifications
Communicates status of jobs to leads or managers
Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department manager
Required Education and Experience:
High school or GED equivalent
Experienced machine operator - minimum of 1 full year
Language Skills- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above
Must be willing to accept and receive supervision and assistance with regard to machine setup and work well with others
Must be available to work weekends and holidays as needed.
Inserter Operators must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, and able to lift 50 pounds.
Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information
Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
Technical Skills- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
Delegation- Delegates work assignments; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities
Ethics- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values
Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Applies common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality
Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
We are proud to offer:
Excellent and competitive benefits package including: Medical, dental, life insurance
Flexible benefits account
Generous vacation accrual schedules
Profit sharing benefits
If you are ready to be part of a winning team working with dynamic people and a team-oriented environment, please send your resume.
Company in the Howard Lake area seeking associates as machine operators. Great entry level position!
1st Shift Mon-Fri, 7am-3pm
$10.25 per hour
Job role is operating and stocking inserting machines. Able to stock machines with stacks of papers. Position requires repetitive work.
Good Hand-eye coordination
Ability to lift 30-35 pounds, 20# consistently
Must be able to read numbers
Drug test and Background check
Please call Delano Award Staffing or email
Assembly Inserter Team
- To load paper into pockets on the production line, gather completed packages off of the line, strap them and stack them on pallets
- To fulfill all duties during the entire time period of the position.
- Note: This is a temporary position for those that need extra money while searching for a permanent position.
- Must work be able to work 6 p.m.-4:30 a.m or 7am-5:30pm Must work entire shift each day. This position includes overtime.
- Must be prepared to work until 6:00 am some days.
- 2 daily 15-minute break.
- 30-minute lunch each day.
- Must have the ability to load paper into machines. There is no heavy lifting.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment in a temperature controlled facility.
- Must be prepared to work overtime as required.
Few people truly enjoy a job search. At PrideStaff, we love everyone. For us, each search is an adventure. We love helping candidates improve their opportunities and find great jobs, temporary or full time, within our network of clients. Working with PrideStaff, you'll have access to a broad range of positions where your skills can be put to the best possible use. We help ensure that you don't just search, but succeed.
Inserter Part Time Sterling Heights location Both afternoon and evening shifts available. Shift start and end times vary and candidate must be able to work until the job is completed.
Must be reliable and able to report to work on time and pass a drug screen and criminal background check. Position requires ability to stand for long periods of time and regularly lift up to 25 lbs. Please inquire at (248)285-9732 21st Century Media is a drug/alcohol free work place We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V Click to apply at: http://www.theoaklandpress.com
Searching for experienced Flomaster operator. Mechanically inclined operator to run Flomaster in a fast paced production environment for afternoon shift. Attention to detail required along with organization skills. Position will start temp - perm.
Family owned business with great work environment.
This is a print operation in a climate controlled environment. 3rd shift available 11p-7:15a with overtime. 6 month Temp to Hire.
- Review Job ticket and for Client and proper job configuration of inserters.
- Check final Product for proper folding, sealing, address placement through the window, sequencing and delivery.
- Oversee proper sorting of inserted mail according to USPS or PSI Requirements
- Consistently achieve production goals (When work is available) on #10 jobs of 120,000 to 150,000 pages inserted and on 6 x 9 jobs 220,000 to 250,000pages inserted.
- Consistently achieve job change over times of 20 minutes or less.
- Must be able to multi-task while maintaining attention to details
- Responsible of for loading inserts into the insert bins to maintain job production.
- Notify Production Supervisor or On-Site service technician of any mechanical service required or machine malfunctions.
- Follow all established SOP and guidelines.
- Maintain an organized, safe and clean work area
- Must notify the Production Supervisor of any quality issues
- In addition to insert operator, varying jobs duties may be required to be performed.
High Speed Inserter Operators
Job SummaryThe Operator makes certain the W&D Inserter is set-up and running at optimal efficiency and productivity per the jobspecifications, including; ensuring operational, safety and housekeeping procedures and practices are in place andfollowed.Essential Functions and ResponsibilitiesMachine Production
Sets up machine per individual job instructions;
Runs machine at optimal speed, established by job instructions and meets production standards;
Performs adjustments on machine to ensure optimal productivity;
Loads components onto machine per job instructions;
Performs regular quality checks on all components and finished packages to ensure quality standards are met;
Recalibrates and cleans the equipment as required;
Communicates job status and production concerns/issues during shift transition to ensure optimal productivity forfollowing shift;Results: Machine is running at maximum productivity per job specifications and quality standards are met.Quality
Ensures end product meets quality standards identified in job instructions;
Notifies Lead Operator of component quality issues;
Works with Lead Operator and Assistant Operator to resolve quality concerns;
Performs regular quality checks during production of a job;Results: Quality standards are met.Safety
Communicates maintenance concerns/issues to supervisors and maintenance staff;
Ensures safety practices are followed;
Performs stretching exercises, prior to beginning of shift;
Wears appropriate personal protective gear, if necessary;
Uses company provided tools and resources to ensure optimal ergonomics;Results: No safety incidents during shift.Housekeeping
Ensures stock staging area is kept organized;
Ensures equipment area is kept clean and components are in staging area;
Ensures component boxes and mail trays are out of workflow area:
Sweeps floor, as necessary;
Cleans equipment as required;Results: Machine area is neat and organized with no clutter.Other Functions
Completes appropriate production and time reports, as assigned;
Other duties as assigned by SupervisorPosition QualificationsHigh school diploma or equivalent is required, minimum of 1 year experience as a W&D Inserter Operator Assistantor 3 years experience running production equipment.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job; bending, stooping, repetitive motion, standing for long periods of time, moving up to 15 pounds regularly and lifting up to 45 pounds intermittently;
Ability to read and interpret job instructions;
Ability to work with computerized systems;
Ability to work in a team environment;
Ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime and weekends;
Ability to monitor production equipment for speed and quality;
Ability to recognize sequential order;
Knowledge of mechanical operations of equipment;
Knowledge of production processes;
Knowledge of computers;
Basic knowledge of postal guidelines for sorted mail;
Skill in operating equipment;
Inserter - Day Shift
Description Position at Lincoln Journal Star The Journal Star Packaging department has immediate regular part-time opening (avg 30-35 hours a week) in our regional production facility. Duties include feeding preprinted advertisements into our inserting machine and stacking/loading completed products.
Hourly wage is $9.00 an hour. As a member of our packaging team, candidates must possess: * solid work history * ability to lift newspaper bundles up to 20 lbs. * physical capability of standing, bending, stooping, twisting, crouching, and lifting repeatedly throughout a shift * ability to learn and follow direction * attention to detail * ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers * ability to work a varied schedule * promptness and reliability to work * hand and eye coordination * willingness to learn and assist in setup of equipment * must be at least 18 years of age * solid work history As part of Lee Enterprises, The Lincoln Journal Star offers a professional work environment, a focus on growth opportunities for employees and a full benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
All applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment. To learn more about our company or to apply, please log on to: www.journalstar.com/workhere. We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background screening prior to commencing employment. EOE
Operator Inserter - 2Nd Shift
With a career at Card Fulfillment Services,you’ll play a significant role in an exciting growth industry while working with some of the most dedicated professionals around. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment that’s both challenging and rewarding, we’d like to learn more about you! As a Operator Inserterwith Card Fulfillment Services, you willresponsible for setting up and operating machinery to fill, wrap, label, and pack containers with product. This position is also responsible for filling out and maintaining all documentation, training other team members, observing operations, inspecting packaged items for conformance with specifications, and tallies and weighs products. Additionally, this position identifies equipment malfunctions and repair needs and makes minor adjustments. This full-time 2nd shift postion is expected to work Monday
Friday from 2:15 pm
10:45 pm Key Responsibilites
Clearly understand all inserter capabilities
Work with managers to ensure all required job information is accurate and documented
Coordinate job schedules within the department and provide production updates
Participate in meetings with production and other CFS employees
Assist in maintaining quality standards for each job they produce
Complete all production and quality reports when required
Work with the warehouse and inventory representatives on material movement
Must be able to organize area with product required to complete jobs
Ensure the sign off approvals meet production needs
Manage daily production to meet department schedules
Perform preventive maintenance on the inserters Education
High school diploma or equivalent Required Skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
Able to write clearly
Problem solving skills
Speak and read English
Learns quickly and can adapt to change easily
Excellent attendance record
Maintenance or mechanical ability
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor - Pulp And Paper
The Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor will work for the Area Maintenance Manager and direct a team of Maintenance Technicians in a fast-paced environment. This environment high performance and is an accredited training center for maintenance professionals through the NCCER.
- Enables the Mechanical Crew to work Safely through training, monitoring and continuous coaching and mentoring.
- Manage daily area maintenance decisions, to include staffing, work prioritization and spending.
- Ensure effective communication between the maintenance team and all other mill teams.
- Responsible for work execution within department and the overall health of the Notification and Work Order System.
- Creates daily/weekly schedule and executes priority work
- Plans more involved work in departmental area and is fluent in the use of SAP.
- Manage Contract Work
- Work reporting and follow up
- Lead problem resolution. Troubleshoot issues and initiate additional resources as appropriate.
- Celebrate and communicate excellent results.
- Grow team and individual performance. This includes annual performance reviews with team members, ensuring correct staffing, training, scheduling and development for the team.
- Requires a minimum of a Qualified Trades/ Engineering Associates Degree or related fields
- 8+ years of related experience to include demonstrated leadership and planning and experience.
- Proven leadership experience in a Pulp and Paper environment desirable.
- Excellent decision making, judgment and outstanding interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High degree of organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer and most common software.
- Experience with SAP Maintenance Management system is an asset.
- Ability to interpret maintenance manuals, functional specifications and engineering drawings.
- Working knowledge of equipment, trades skills, work execution and reporting as related to the Pulp and Paper industrial environment.
- Knowledge of engineering practices and procedures.
- Possesses a high degree of commitment, initiative, motivation and innovation.
- Ability to work within and improve a team environment.
- Experienced with Conflict Management
- Proven abilities in: Listening, Dealing with Ambiguity, Problem Solving, Building Effective Teams
- High attention to Customer Focus, Integrity and Trust
- Action Oriented
Local candidates are encouraged; however, for the right candidate relocation may be offered. Sorry, we are unable to sponsor or transfer at this time. No 3rd party. Only qualified candidates will be responded to.
Key Words: Supervisor, Mechanical, Maintenance, Pulp, Paper, Leadership, Planning, Safety, Monitoring, Mentoring, Troubleshooting, Conflict Resolution, Training, Scheduling, Reporting, SAP Maintenance System, Computer Skills
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!