Paper Reel Operator Job Description Sample
Paper Cutter Operator
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Paper Cutter Operator to work in a fast-paced, global graphic communications company that provides high quality output to corporate clients.
- Read instructions from job tickets and set up cutter based on instructions.
- Run samples for approval by designated personnel.
- Complete checklist and other paperwork for the cutter.
- Perform preventative maintenance on cutter.
- Operate or assist on other bindery equipment when workload dictates.
- Demonstrate good safety attitudes and expect same from helper.
- Keep immediate work area neat and orderly.
- Physical demands while performing the duties of this job include the following: required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Self-motivated, good problem solving skills, and detail oriented.
- Committed to completing tasks accurately and timely while ensuring quality and production standards are met.
- Strong communication skills.
- Team player.
- Able to succeed with minimal supervision.
- Some math skills required; ability to work with a ruler and numbers.
- Ability to use hand-truck and/or hand pallet jack and motorized forklifts.
- Ability to lift and/or grasp up to 50 pounds.
- Mechanical ability.
- Attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the printing industry with 3 years in digital printing.
This position primarily resides in a digital print production environment, and requires standing for 90% of the day. The environment is fast paced and requires the candidate to constantly be multitasking.
Statement: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At DG3, our colleagues are driven by our vision to be the best-in-class visual communications firm in the world. We embrace diversity and, with offices in some of the most diverse markets in the world, find it to be one of our secrets to success. We have established a means to attract voices across races, genders, ethnicities and religions and use those differences to break new ground. It is that same belief that allows us to live our vision every day.
Paper Printing Finishing Equipment Operator
Paper Printing Finishing Equipment Operator for Whizley:
A great opportunity for an operator who wants to work with a new company with a lot of potential to grow. Along with working on multiple types of finishing equipment to complete projects.
Must have 1+ years’ experience in working with paper printing machinery equipment. Preferable with folding gluing equipment and/or book binding equipment. Additional positives would be working on laminator, UV coating, guillotine cutter, and slitter/cutter/creaser equipment.
· Work on the production line at any given operation to produce product
o Folding Cartons
o Perfect Bound Booklets
o Saddle Stitch Booklets
o Marketing Material
· Must be energetic
· Must work well with others
· Computer skills (basic knowledge)
· Quick with hands
· Bonus Skill: If you have any of these skills please identify on your resume
o Igen Operator
o Worked on and is comfortable making minor repairs to machinery
Paper Machine Control Room Operator (Machine Tender) - (Shelby Expansion)
Clearwater Paper is seeking skilled Paper Machine Control Room Operators for our Shelby NC location. Sucessful candidates will have experience setting up and operating paper good equipment. Responsibilities include:
Operate DCS for Machine Operations
Conduct Paper Quality Checks
Maintain Paper Testing Equipment
Adjust Paper Machine Process To Maintain Quality Centerlines Of Paper
Direct Team Members In Daily Operations Of Paper Machine
Assist Quality Department during trials
Train Team Members In Paper Making Process And Control Room Responsibilities
Maintain And Adjust Boiler Operation
Perform Responsibilities As A Relief Team Leader In The Paper Making Department
Serve As Emergency Evacuation Coordinator For Paper Making Department
Enter Work Orders Into JDE Work Order System To Identify Equipment In Need Of Repairs
Work With Maintenance and E&I Department In Completing Work Orders
Manage Team On Down Days If In Team Leader Relief Position
Able To Prioritize Several Situations At Once
Experience with lean methodology and TPM is preferred
At least 2 years of Paper Machine Operation experience
High school education or GED required
Achievement of technical skills in all positions on the paper machine.
Problem solving ability.
Good reading, writing and verbal skills.
Basic computer skills.
Must Be Self-Motivated This position requires working in all areas of the paper machine. Lifting, bending will be required. The area Is hot and loud. There are slipping, tripping and falling hazards, as well as in running nips and suspended loads. Compressed air, steam, lubrication oil and hydraulic fluid will be used in the paper machine area. Travel for this position is minimal, but may be occasionally required. Overtime is required to complete critical tasks and meet deadlines. Req No.: 2017-3139 Post End Date: 4/27/2018 External Company URL: http://www.clearwaterpaper.com
Machine Operator - Paper Shredding Specialist
Destruction Center Specialists serve clients by accurately processing and destroying all materials delivered to the production facility. They sort material and operate forklifts and other machinery and assist with other necessary duties.
- Empty collected material from containers; cut open bags, dump payloads, empty roll-arounds.
- Sort material by grade; separate and discard rubbish.
- Perform emergency equipment repairs.
- Clean facility and containers.
- Maintain strict security of material and trucks.
- Ensure safe machine operations.
- Assist in loading and unloading company trucks and vans.
- Inspect and maintain all equipment, including Scanner and all record center vehicles
- Perform auditing per schedule or as requested.
- Observe safety procedures, including containers/lids replaced and repaired, floors free of debris, and report any safety issues to direct supervisor.
- Communicate regularly with your direct supervisor to notify him or her of any potential issues, including but not limited to those relating to your job, or those relating to the client.
- Advise the appropriate manager of any issues requiring immediate attention, including but not limited to customer complaints.
- Participate in safety and security drills and advise the appropriate manager of any violations.
- Know and understand defined role in the Company Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Ensure all accidents and injuries are reported immediately to your supervisor.
- Travel between facilities when necessary.
- Collaborate with team members.
- Work overtime as necessary.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education and Years of Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one to two years’ experience in a warehouse/physical atmosphere and/or service industry.
Certifications, Licenses, Credentials:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be skilled in operating a forklift and/or pick lift.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately and completely understand the importance of detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to follow directions.
Physical Requirements (lifting, etc.):
- Routine lifting of 20-60 pounds (100-500 containers per day).
- Grip, lift, push, pull, and carry plastic bins over, up and down inclines, stairs, changes in walking surfaces and elevations.
- Overhead reaching.
- Routine bending and stretching.
- Routine pushing and pulling.
- Climb/step into a truck or cab.
- Must tolerate occasional periods of maintaining entire body in erect posture with static weight bearing on one or both legs.
- Must tolerate constant periods of resting without change in position.
- Must tolerate occasional periods of moving the entire body from one location to another with the use of legs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets
Paper Laminating Machine (Plm) Operator - Nights
Paper Laminating Machine Operator (PLM/PGR – Level C):
This is a position working in our Paper Laminating Machine (PLM) area.
Will work Monday through Thursday 5:45 p.m. – 6:15 a.m.n
DNP Imagingcomm America Corporation is a wholly owned Japanese subsidiary established in Concord, NC in 1995. Today, we coat jumbo rolls, slit and package ID card and photo ribbons used in printing applications; as well as develop software, deploy photo printing kiosks, integrate systems and provide support for our products.
As a PGR member, operate a production coating machine in order to achieve output and yield targets
Duties, Responsibilities & Authority:
- Operate coating machine and produce High Quality Paper product within specifications
- Per the posted Standard Operating Procedures under direction of the Group Leader
- Assist in the initial Quality Inspection Testing, as directed by the Group Leader
- Perform area specific countermeasures to maintain Quality
- Communicate and eliminate non-conforming product conditions
- Perform changeovers to the coating machine
- Activities not limited to roll exchanges, roll cleaning, doctor blade exchanges, machine threading, filter changes, parts cleaning and material handling
- Some activities require periods of physical exertion and coordination with maintenance, operation, management and others as necessary
- Perform line checks to area of responsibility and take action when necessary
- Under the guidance of the Group Leader
- Obtain a full working knowledge of the local mixing, coating and ink supply systems to be proficient in troubleshooting basic equipment and process problems
- Charge inks and organic solvents in a measured & controlled manner, producing a coat-able solution per the batch controlled mixing sheet
- Assist in the development and training of other operators as directed
- Assist in maintenance activities, providing input and explanation for process issues
- Participate in Productivity Improvement and Cost Reduction plans as directed
- Facilitate internal communication and working relationships within areas of responsibility
- Perform all duties in accordance with established safety rules and regulations
Job Requirements /
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required
- Associate degree in technical field preferred
- Experience in mixing/blending/coating/extrusion operations preferred
- Prior product manufacturing experience required
- Operator must be able to bend, stoop, squat, twist and work in cramped spaces
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, operate a roll cart weighing in excess of 400 pounds
- Must be able to occasionally work in confined space
- Repetitive arm and shoulder motion when cleaning rolls
- Must have the ability to interface and communicate effectively, write legibly and read/comprehend sufficiently to perform the duties required
- Must be able to operate appropriate test equipment and react to the readings generated or displayed on monitors, gauges, panels or sensors
- Must be able to learn to use and read instruments including micrometers, microscopes, light tables and other specialized equipment used production
- Perform mathematical calculations including percentages, multiplication and division
- Operate a personal computer (PC) and software relevant to the job
- Must be able to work in close proximity with organic solvents
- Must have the ability to wear air-purifying respiratory protection equipment as needed
- Must be able to work in a team-based, high-stress production environment
- Must have adequate vision to inspect product for small defects
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at a time and prioritize appropriately
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner, including OSHA and HAZWOPER training
Paper Machine Rewinder Slitter Operator
Hi, thank you for taking the time to look at our job posting. We are looking for an immediate hire to run our paper slitter rewinder machine. We are a company that specializes in food grade packaging. You would be required to run the machine that converts big rolls to smaller rolls. We need someone with real, hands on machine operation experience. I apologize, but driving a forklift doesn't count as experience with this type of machine. This machine is technical and requires a lot of brain power and resolve, as it can be frustrating at certain points. I don't mean to scare anyone away, I just want to be descriptive enough so we can find the right individual to meet our needs. If you feel that you have what it takes, please apply! Thanks so much for understanding!
Cleanliness and organization is a must. Punctuality is taken very seriously here.
Shift: Mon-Fri / 7am- 3:30pm
MUST INCLUDE RESUME
- Drug Tests, References and Background Checks will be performed prior to hiring.
-Follow work order instructions
-Set knives and run material to work order specifications
-Report all defects and damages to the Operations Manager or supervisor.
-Follow SOP Program
-Help machine maintain tidiness and cleanliness standards of the warehouse.
-Perform all assigned tasks given by the supervisor or Operations Manager efficiently and timely.
-Help to ensure the quality of supplies and goods are compliant with the ByPak Inc. standards.
-Maintain all safety regulations while carrying out work functions.
-Be aware and knowledgeable of assessed job hazards and the required PPE
-Solid math skills are a MUST
-Should be bodily fit and have the ability to lift weighty goods and materials, up to and including 75 lbs.
-Should have ability to conduct all assigned works and tasks competently.
-Should have ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
-Should be a team player and have the capacity to synchronize with associates.
-Should be familiar with all the safety rules
High school degree, GED certification or a corresponding prerequisite from a certified college.
Benefits:- 2 weeks vacation after 12 months. Paid holidays and sick time after 90 day probation period- No Health Insurance at this time.
Computerized Paper Guillotine Operator
- You want to use your unique skills and abilities in an innovative, highly successful,growing printing and manufacturing operation.
- You want to work with talented and smart people, in a place where you respect, and are respected by, your peers.
- You want a challenging role that is demanding and rewarding.
- You want freedom and trust, allowing you to explore possibilities.
- You want to work on something important, where your career will develop as the business grows.
- Under direction of the Bindery Supervisor, set-up and operate computerized cutting machine equipment and produce finished product at prescribed rate and quantity, and per specified quality standards.
- Interact with Press, UV, Customer Service, Binning and Shipping team members to ensure completion of duties and fulfilling commitment that every product ships on time.
- Perform all tasks following SOP’s and instructions, and adhere to all safety rules without exception.
- Troubleshoot equipment, solve problems, and enhance the production process on an on-going basis.
- Recommend equipment repairs, parts, blades and supplies as needed.
- Undergo training as necessary to operate equipment, execute processes, etc.
- Maintain and clean work area and equipment.
- Coordinate pass-off information between adjacent shifts, with the goal of minimizing downtime and increasing productivity through information.
- Participate in specific continuous improvement initiatives.
- Attend and contribute to regular production/project-specific meetings as required.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety and environmental practices.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- May operate hand truck, paper jog, dolly and/or pallet jack in loading and unloading.
- May assist in routine maintenance of bindery equipment.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Work with and train Cutter Assistants.
- Commit to team objective that EVERY ORDER SHIPS!
- Ability to lift 65 pounds and manipulate/move heavy objects.
- Ability to stand for full 8-hour shift, ability to manipulate foot bar, and good hand/eye acuity and coordination to manually align paper sheets to ensure proper cutting technique.
- Solid basic math and computer skills with the ability to pre-program cutter for appropriate cuts per order.
- Good verbal and written communications skills with proficiency in English and the ability to communicate effectively with plant personnel.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member within a diverse work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team orientation.
- Skill in organizing and managing time and understanding priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure or in time sensitive situations.
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- A conscientious and disciplined approach to work.
- Reliability, punctuality, self-directed and flexible to changing priorities or circumstances.
- Ability to prepare administrative paperwork and records.
- Ability to report problems and provide information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to adhere to quality control standards.
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to use desktop computer and associated software.
- You are a hard worker with a determination to succeed.
- You are commercially and financially aware.
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- You are an effective person who makes great things happen, and gets things done.
- You are already smart, but constantly crave more knowledge, and you thrive by learning and achieving something every day.
- Applicants may be required to submit to pre-employment background check and/or physical examination including drug screening/medical history check.
- Position may require the need to work nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Possession of a valid driver's license is a requirement for this job.
- Work environment involves moderate exposure to hazards or physical risks which require following constant safety precautions, and frequent exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, chemicals, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Paper Machine Operator
Training will be on the day shift 8am-4pm
After training period the employee will be placed on the 3rd shift 6pm-6am
Main purpose of job
Leads a two person team that furnishes and operates a paper machine, which makes mica paper for electrical and/or heat insulating materials that must meet product and/or customer specifications
Obtaining a product that complies with technical and quality standards.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Maintain production standards in terms of scrap and efficiencies.
- Checks equipment for needed adjustments or repairs; Corrects as necessary or reports problems to the supervisor to initiate a repair request.
- Maintain good housekeeping on and around the equipment. This is an ongoing function that can be performed while the equipment is in operation.
- Informs the next shift regarding all activities that are underway and parameters that need to be followed.
- Supervises the equipment at all time; does not leave the workplace without the consent of his superior.
- Work all shifts and reasonable amount of overtime, including weekends to meet customer needs.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs.
- Reduce material scrap
- Perform data entries on the computer
- Fill out process sheets
- Visually inspect material being produced for defects; and corrects such defects as necessary.
- Assists maintenance in making equipment changes when necessary.
- Directs and assists in removal of finished rolls from the paper machine, collecting of samples, roll weighing and transporting and packaging as necessary.
- Completes production reports, data entry on the computer, process sheets identification tags and other records as required
Paper Machine Operator
The Paper Machine Operator job consists of assisting all co-workers with setting up and maintaining production of papermaking equipment. Included in their duties is ensuring that they read the order properly, ensure all raw materials are available, ensure proper set-up of equipment, and preventative machine maintenance while following all safe work practices.
• Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 1) Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (glasses, ear plugs, gloves, etc…)
• 2) Monitor machines, equipment and processes.
• 3) House Keeping, washing up, raking up paper, shoveling debris.
• 4) Small repairs of paper mill equipment.
• 5) Perform test on either raw material or finished product.
• 6) Perform fast walking rounds of work area, continuously.
• 7) Install paper machine clothing on shutdown (requires heavy lifting).
• 8) Train others employees as well as receive training in multiple jobs through out the plant.
• 9) Interpret data from the computer system and input data as needed.
• 10) Perform any other task ask of him or her by Mill Management.
College degree, Military or Paper Mill Experience required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION: To build reels to keep extrusion lines supplied.
DUTIES AND REPSPONSIBILITIES: * Reviews the production schedule and determines the reels required to maintain production on the shift.
Brings returned reels from reel return area to the lines for re-use, using a forklift.
Paints and stencils any returned wood reels that do not meet appearance requirements. Reels must be painted and stenciled before they can be used on the extrusion lines.
Builds/Assembles any reels not available from the return reel inventory required to maintain production.
Grinds line scrap from extrusion.
Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
Follows all safety requirements for the position and all company safety guidelines.
Completes appropriate paperwork to ensure accurate inventory transactions.
Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Memorizes and recites the Dura-line Quality Policy. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: * Basic math and measurement skills required.
Ability to read and write in English.
Valid lift truck/forklift license. OCCUPATIONAL AND/OR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: * Ability to lift more that 100 pounds with reasonable assistance (Crane or forklift).
Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without reasonable assistance.
Ability to climb ladders and work at various heights.
Ability to lift objects overhead.
Ability to spend up to 12 hours a shift on your feet around hot machinery.
Ability to move from one area to another by stepping over and/or bending under objects.
WORKING CONDITIONS: * Manufacturing floor environment
May include outside conditions on top of railcars or silos in all types of weather
Job Start/End Date:* 06-Dec-2017 to 28-Feb-2018 (EST)
Location:* North Salt Lake, UT, USA
Employment Type:* Full Time
Pay Type:* Hourly
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!