Paralegal Job Description Sample
Paralegal / Case Intake Paralegal
Paralegal / Case Intake Paralegal to assist in Personal Injury Cases / Auto Accident / Medical Malpractice.
- Intake from new clients / continued communication with clients and insurance companies
- Claim reporting
- request medical reports / records - request police reports
- handle PIP claims
- handle property damage claims
Applicants must have previous experience as a paralegal working with personal injury cases / auto accident injury claims.
Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, detail oriented, ability to work in a team setting, and multitask.
Corporate Finance Paralegal Or PI Litigation Paralegal
Global large law firm is searching for a Corporate Finance Paralegal to assist lawyers. Applicant must have 4 - 7 years working in a top rated large law firm. Some of the important duties:
- Create and review Forms 8-K, Form 10 - K and 424(b) filings with the SEC.
- File UCCs for client.
- Proofread and maintain prospectus, transaction document, closings document, legal opinion and closing sets.
- Review documents delivered at closing, organize the execution of documents at closings.
- Order documents from government agencies, private document retrieval companies and internal sources.
- Coordinate with clients, trustee, trustee's counsel, underwriters, underwriter's counsel and insurers involved in various transactions.
-Assembles and distributes post-closing volumes and electronic documentation.
This position comes with excellent benefits and salary is based on the amount of years and experience with a large law firm. Email your resume with a cover letter.
A Large Personal Injury law firm is in need of a Litigation Paralegal with a minimum of 2 - 5 years of solid experience. The paralegal will work with an attorney handling hundreds of cases. The paralegal will work independent without supervision. The applicants must have experience working independently.
-Handle personal injury files from inception to trial or settlement.
-Draft all pleading independently of the attorney.
-Handle trial preparation for the attorney and post-trial procedures.
-Must know plaintiff personal injury litigation procedure and documentation.
-Constant phone communication with clients, insurance companies, and other law firms.
The law firm is looking to hire immediately. The salary is depending on experience. The firm has medical benefits and 401K.
A renowned person injury law firm is seeking a standout Paralegal to fill a current opening. This position is a great fit for ambitious efficient types with good computer skills and a dedication to the legal field. If you have the ability to organize and track medical records, draft demand letters, prepare trial notebooks, and assist in the management of litigation while providing exceptional client service, you are encouraged to apply. For immediate consideration, interested applicants should email their resume with "Personal Injury Paralegal" in the subject line to .
Located in major North American and global markets, Robert Half Legal is the premier provider of legal staffing and consulting solutions on a full-time, project, and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide project and eDiscovery teams and workspace for a wide range of initiatives, including litigation support, mergers and acquisitions and document review matters. Our dedicated teams' industry experience allows us to quickly match skilled legal professionals with the best available jobs. We offer challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and skills-enhancement training.
Call your local Robert Half Legal office at to discover more about this position. Apply for this job now or contact our branch office for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
? 2017 Robert Half Legal. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Req ID: 04307780
Functional Role: Paralegal
Postal Code: 98004
Minimum of 2-3 years litigation and/or personal injury experience
Experience reviewing, organizing and tracking records
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Exceptional attention to detail
Knowledge of court rules * E-filing in Western District of Washington
Paralegal - Civil / Probate
Conduct research to support legal proceedings
Assist with the drafting and reviewing of legal documents
Apply online and send resume in Word format to
Investigate facts to help in the negotiation of legal disputes
Monitor and ensure compliance with deadlines
Record and store client information
Experience as a paralegal or legal assistant or the aptitude and passion to learn
Experience with ordering medical and billing records a plus
Familiarity with legal research and preparation of demand packages
Ability to prioritize and multitask
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Deadline and detail-oriented mandatory
Personal Injury Paralegal
We have been asked by three major firms to find experienced Personal Injury Paralegals for their Senior Partners with busy, high volume practices. These firms are known for major multi-million dollars settlements, and are extremely employee oriented.
The environments are professional and cordial. All have excellent benefit packages.
For immediate consideration please call 24/7 , fax to , or email your resume to . or .
Park place Personnel is a service specializing in Legal placement for more than 35 years. Our clients are major Law Firms and Corporations.
We pay particular attention to the needs of both our clients and candidates. Please contact us to discuss how we may assist in your career.
- 3+ years of executive secretary, legal assistant or administrative assistant experience;
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication and computer skills, with approximately 60+ wpm keyboarding skills;
- A background in Family Law/Criminal Law is a plus.
- Responsibilities will include preparing legal documents for family, criminal, bankruptcy, and litigation law;
- Handle confidential information as necessary;
- Maintain lawyers' contacts lists;
- Client contact in person and over the phone;
- Other duties may be assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position;
Experienced, Bilingual, Criminal Law Paralegal
We are a general practice law firm expanding our office seeking a new addition to our support staff. We are currently seeking a skilled, bilingual (English and Spanish) paralegal with law firm experience in Criminal Law.
The successful candidate will assist the Criminal Law Department with different tasks such as case administration and document management, interviewing witnesses, communicating with client, researching points of law and other factual issues for a case, organizing key evidence for trial, and helping lawyers prepare for a case.
Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years criminal law experience, and must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to perform tasks with minimal supervision.Candidates must have a high level of efficiency and accuracy in completing their daily objectives and should be computer literate with modern software applications. Professionalism and a strong work ethic are paramount. Fully bilingual in English and Spanish is a MUST for the position.
Salary is competitive and will be determined based on experience and education.
Paralegal / Litigation Coordinator
Commercial collection agency located at Union Hills and 101 Fwy in Peoria seeks a sharp, experienced professional for a Collection Litigation Coordinator 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, flex schedules considered with potential to work remotely. Immediate opening with salary DOE.
- Flexible work schedule
- Casual dress code
- 10 days paid time off plus holidays
- Simple IRA with employee matching
- Review collection accounts for legal action
- Make litigation and/or settlement recommendations to clients based on a variety of factors, including case background and analysis of debtor's financial situation
- Retain and direct collection counsel on behalf of clients and negotiate fee terms
- Assist collection counsel with pleadings to be filed against debtors
- Research asset and liability information for debtors and conduct skiptraces to locate and/or verify information for the purposes of pursuing litigation and post judgment enforcement
- Assist clients in completing discovery responses and trial preparation
- Negotiate settlements
- Paralegal Certificate, 2 year degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and organization skills
- Experience in litigation proceedings
- Proven success in negotiations
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Must be proficient with Outlook, MS Word, and Excel
- Experience and knowledge of the collections industry a plus
- Detail oriented and accurate
Submit salary requirements with cover letter and resume. If you do not have excellent written communication skills do not bother applying.
Provide paralegal and administrative support to the Business Office on all HR, legal, operations and day to day general office functions. This position requires an experienced paralegal whom is very familiar with : EEOC cases, law, Workers comp and HR investigations. Experience in Collections, Contracts and Regulation Research is beneficial.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in the legal field, preferably with a focus on employment law.
- Must have a pleasant personality and good telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of computer software, office equipment and procedures
- Strong Attention to Detail.
- Ability to assist Attorney with and perform due diligence tasks.
- Be able to type 35 wpm.
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately in a wide variety of circumstances, both verbally and in writing.
- Commitment to the philosophy and objectives of the facility.
- Dedicated to the success of Senex Foundation and its facilities
- Initiative, excellent organization, multi-tasking, time management and self-motivated.
- Ability to take direction and work independently are critical.
Specific duties are assigned at the discretion of the Director of Operations, HR Director and General Council and may be adjusted to meet the needs of the company and the expertise of personnel available.
- Assist as necessary with appointments, letters, phones, etc.
- Perform required filing as needed
- Type memos, letters and answer correspondence for the administrative staff as necessary and as directed by the HR/Legal
- Prepares or assists in drafting and finalizing legal documents such as pleadings, response to administrative claims and correspondence
- This person will be the subject matter expert for contracts and report to an attorney. Requires drafting, analyzing and negotiating a wide range of contracts and agreements.
- Focus on and emphasis working with contracts.
- Collections: compile file with necessary supporting documentation. Draft pleadings for review. Follow office policy and procedure File and serve pleadings. Keep docket
- Insurance: Track renewal deadlines for D&O, GL/PL, property, WC, auto policies and bonds. Compile applications and complete for review. Obtain multiple quotes from brokers for each policy. Present to supervisors for review. Follow through on binding policies
- Commercial: Review contracts for specific content. Prepare for discussion/review with supervisors. Revise for final review
- Corporate: track corporate reporting requirements. Responsible for making reporting and compliance deadlines
- Records requests: Review HIPAA authorizations for compliance. Follow through on procedures for producing records. Track status of requests
- Workers compensation: Investigate work place injury. Follow through on reporting procedures. Track status of cases
- Unemployment claims: Investigate claims. Follow through on reporting procedures. Track status of cases
- Labor/employment: Initiate workplace investigations. Compile through files. Draft written warnings for review
- FMLA/LOA: Investigate requests. Provide proper forms and correspondence for completion. Track FMLA/LOAs.
- Research revisions to labor laws. Review corporate policy and procedure for compliance. Responsible for tracking labor compliance
- Benefits Administration: Provide information to employees and follow through on enrollment/termination procedures as needed
- These and other duties as assigned
- Understand and abide by established policies of the office and interpret them to concerned parties.
- Maintain confidentiality of information; maintain a professional demeanor.
- Account for use of time, report sickness, and coordinate leave time with Director of Operations and Business Office Manager.
- Prepare all required reports and submit to Director of Operations or appropriate supervisor.
Other specific duties as assigned by supervisors.
Paralegal - Commercial Real Estate
Large and distinguished law firm in Columbia, SC looking for a full time Commercial Real Estate/Transactional Paralegal with title experience.
Must have paralegal certification
Good communication and organizational skills
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!