Paralegal Job Description Sample
Rokt is a marketing technology company whose core mission is to make the e-commerce transaction smarter by optimizing the checkout for each individual across products, UX and campaigns. Rokt's product solutions include Rokt Commerce, which helps brands get smarter in the transaction; Rokt Acquire, which helps marketers acquire customers in the Transaction Moment; and Rokt Calendar, which helps brands drive timely action through their calendar.
Founded in Sydney in 2012, our team now includes 180+ “Rokt’stars” around the world with operations in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Japan. With an annual revenue run rate of $100m+ and a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently named one of Deloitte’s Fastest Growing Tech Companies in North America, Built in NYC’s Best Places to Work and a Certified Great Place to Work.
We are looking for a paralegal (with approximately 0-3 years experience) to join our small but world-class legal team, based in New York City. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in highly sought after legal areas (e.g., commercial contracting, SaaS agreements, and global data privacy/protection), work with cutting-edge legal tools, help develop foundational legal and operational processes, and collaborate with a group of passionate, highly motivated colleagues who are reinventing the e-commerce experience.
Key responsibilities for the Paralegal role include:
- Working closely with Rokt’s Senior Corporate Counsel, Corporate Counsel, and external counsel to address any and all legal issues touching the company.
- Assisting the legal team's efforts in the preparation, implementation, and refinement of forms, processes, and procedures related to commercial contracting with Rokt’s partners, advertisers, and vendors.
- Helping manage Rokt’s intake process for, and tracking of, deals, legal queries, documents, and general internal and external stakeholder management.
- Assisting with the development, filing, and distribution of internal resources, FAQs, and training materials on legal topics for the company at large.
- Performing other assignments, strategic projects, or duties as needed, such as legal research, due diligence, contract management, monitoring developments in relevant privacy and data protection laws (such as GDPR and CCPA), industry analysis (such as SaaS best practices for regulatory compliance) and handling other administrative tasks.
- Assisting with corporate governance material and other corporate housekeeping matters, including preparation for board and committee meetings when needed.
- Ensuring that an accurate database of all legal documentation across the company is maintained and updated regularly.
- A bachelor's degree with excellent academic credentials.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented with strong work ethic, follow-through skills and overall good judgment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- A team player with the ability to work autonomously and juggle competing demands and shifting priorities.
- A self-starter with a track record of success in your professional and/or collegiate life.
- A quick learner who enjoys tackling new problems and subject matter on a regular basis.
- A strong desire to work cross-functionally and expand your areas of expertise by working closely with colleagues in sales, customer success, operations, product, security, engineering, finance, and business analytics.
- Someone who thinks having a weeklong, end of year, all company conference in Phuket, Thailand sounds pretty, pretty sweet.
Working for Rokt has many perks and benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Health and wellness monthly allowance
- Employee Share Scheme, meaning all employees have a financial stake in the business
- Technology allowance, means employees bring their own computer or expense a new one
- Training allowance
- Company end of quarter training and events two times a year (one global, one regional)
- 4% dollar for dollar 401K matching plan
- Premium health insurance for your whole family including:
- a choice of six different Aetna health benefits plans, some of which are fully funded by Rokt
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual dress
- Generous paid time off policy
- Staff awards program
- Generous staff referral program
- Job-related training in-house and allowance for external training applications/contributions
- Global network which offers opportunity to transfer to other markets
- Catered lunch provided 3 times a week
- Snacks, coffee and drinks
Successful and growing Jacksonville office of the world's largest Plaintiff's trial firm is looking for a Paralegal to work directly with the attorney in our Deaf and Disability Rights Department in a rewarding, fast-paced office environment. Our deaf and disability rights attorney handles civil cases involving all kinds of discrimination faced by persons with disabilities. We are looking for another energetic, caring person to join the Morgan and Morgan team.
Must have 2+ years of experience in litigation in the state of Florida (Federal Practice preferred), with strong computer skills, knowledge of Word and Excel, and must be tech savvy. Duties will include preparing discovery requests and responses, client contact, research, and drafting pleadings. Must have strong organizational skills, the ability to work independently, and work on varied tasks simultaneously. Knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act and Sign Language a plus.
Full benefits after 90 days.
Data and human connection come together in our mission to bring communities together to collaborate and solve Social Determinants of Health – a career at Signify Community (a subsidiary of Signify Health) is a career with purpose. Our employees are empathic, passionate, confident, innovative change agents who aren’t afraid to take risks and also have fun.
Reporting to the Signify Community General Counsel,the Legal Compliance Associate (“Associate”) will support Signify Community, dedicated to building community collaboration networks. Your job will be to ensure Signify Community adheres to legal standards and in-house policies. You will be responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects and levels of Signify Community’s business as well as working with our legal, compliance, and support teams.
A great Associate is well-versed in managing and administering contracts, assisting in legal research, drafting legal documents and memoranda, and tracking regulatory and statutory changes. A great Associate is equally well-versed in legal guidelines and corporate governance best practices. They are professionals of high ethical standards and work diligently to complete their duties keeping in mind the objectives of the business. You must be comfortable saying “no” when necessary and be results-oriented.
The goal is to preserve the Signify Community’s integrity by making sure it and its subcontractors stay on a lawful and ethical course, and to predict and adapt to a rapidly changing legal landscape.
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration, public health or related field.
- Active membership in the Texas State Bar Paralegal division.
- Certified compliance professional is a plus.
- At least 3 years of legal experience.
- Specialized experience experience in privacy regulation and Medicare Advantage a plus.
- Knowledge of Lexis Nexis is a plus.
- Proven experience as a paralegal and/or compliance manager.
- In-depth knowledge of the health care industry's standards and regulations.
- In-depth knowledge of reporting procedures, record keeping, and the ability to learn and manage Signify Community’s contacts management systems.
Positions reporting to this position:
- Ethics & Integrity- Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty, legality and professionalism in all interactions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Gets along and interacts positively with colleagues and others; understands, empathizes, and relates well to others.
- Critical Listening - Understands, values, and learns from what others say; comfortable asking probing questions, while thoroughly listening.
- Adaptability & Flexibility - Adapts approach, goals, and methods to achieve solutions and results in a dynamic environment.
- Analysis/Reasoning - Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve complex business problems.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
- Periodically review and revise procedures, reports, credentialing forms, contracts, and other documents to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues.
- Assist in the drafting, modification, and implementation of company policies, forms, and contracts.
- Collect, evaluate, and respond to questions about subcontracts with third parties.
- Track status of contracted third parties to ensure ongoing compliance with federal and state health care laws and regulations.
- Work with cross-functional teams on development of agendas and action plans related to compliance.
- Collaborate Legal, Compliance, Operations, and HR departments to audit and monitor enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks.
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control.
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoys working with people to address their needs, and being a partner in achieving good health.
- Ability to work at a desk and to use a phone and computer.
- Normal sight and hearing ability.
- Ability to use office equipment and machinery effectively.
- Ability to work effectively with frequent interruptions.
Opportunities provided by Signify Community
A dynamic culture of "Freedom and Responsibility" which means:
- We believe in horizontal collaboration and not vertical chains of command
- We hire extraordinary colleagues who thrive in an environment based on our Guiding Values
- We honor and recognize when an employee exemplifies one of our Guiding Values
- Variety of health plans to meet the needs of all employees
- 401k match
- 3 day on-boarding sessions giving new hires an opportunity to meet their new colleagues and Signify Community leadership
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!