Parimutuel Ticket Seller Job Description Sample
Pay Rate: $7.25/hr
Hours: 4 – 6
Serve the general public by selling event related tickets.
Responsible for cash management and compliance.
Operate cash register and/or credit card equipment.
Sell and process ticket orders via mail, telephone, internet, and over-the-counter ("Etix Ticketing System").
Resolve ticket issues as needed.
Distribute ticket information to patrons and answer questions in response to inquiries about game day and events.
Assist with closing of the ticket office, including but not limited to, preparations of cash banks and updating seating charts and event information.
Additional duties may be assigned.
Working experience in cash handling.
Strong computer proficiency and analytical, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills preferred.
Must be able to work at least 50 games including Opening Day and July 3rd.
Must be able to lift, pull, push and/or carry 50 pounds as necessary.
Ability to work accurately with attention to detail in a high volume sales environment.
Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold, and rain.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Ability to stand, sit, and walk for 4-6 hours.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
The following are trademarks or service marks of Major League Baseball entities and may be used only with permission of Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. or the relevant Major League Baseball entity: Major League, Major League Baseball, MLB, the silhouetted batter logo, World Series, National League, American League, Division Series, League Championship Series, All-Star Game, and the names, nicknames, logos, uniform designs, color combinations, and slogans designating the Major League Baseball clubs and entities, and their respective mascots, events and exhibitions.
•* Service guests in a friendly and professional manner•* Assist guests with ticket purchases the Arena's software of choice (currently Ticketmaster)•* Accurate distribution of Will Call (previously arranged tickets) to guests for various events•* Assist guests with general Arena information (i.e. event availability, event pricing, event seat selection, event scheduling, general parking information)•* Accurately reconcile all sales and will call receipts•* Interact in a professional manner when dealing with other building staff, clients, guests, supervisors and corporate staff
•* Minimum education of high school diploma or its equivalency•* 0 to 2+ years in a sports and entertainment venue preferred•* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.•* Must be able to accurately and efficiently deal with large quantities of cash or other payment methods•* Must exhibit excellent communication and customer service skills •* Must have an understanding, or have the ability to learn, basic computer skills & Arena ticketing platform (currently Ticketmaster)•* Must also have ability to work varied shifts which may include weekdays, evenings, holidays and weekends•* Previous experience in retail, customer service, or live event/entertainment ticketing space preferred, but not required
Req Create Date:
Box Office Ticket Seller (Part-Time)
Receive and process counter, phone and mail ticket orders using various aspects of the ticketing system
Follow proper procedures regarding money and ticket reconciliation after every work shift
Provide accurate facility information and superior customer service to patrons
Complete all duties with a customer service focus through teamwork and dedication to GREAT principles
High School diploma or equivalent
Prior sales and customer service experience; ticketing sales helpful but not necessary
Experience handling/reconciling cash and the ability to calculate money with efficiency and accuracy
Strong communication skills and basic computer knowledge
Ability to work independently and under pressure
Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended number of days
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including but not limited to: ability to inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such as telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to accessstorage areas, cabinets and office machinery; occasionally moves about the facility to service clients; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information. Seldom lift/carry up to 50 lbs of files, office machinery, etc.
- The essential functions of this position are performed indoors. The noise level in the work environments can range from minimal to loud during events, depending on the incumbent's location, and minimal during non-event times.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER
Box Office Ticket Seller - Coca Cola Roxy
As a member of the box office team, each ticket seller is responsible for providing excellent guest service for ticket sells over the phone and with walk-up traffic.
Candidates are required to have working knowledge of Ticketmaster as well as experience in phone handling, cashiering and customer service. Candidate must also have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and type 30 wpm. High School diploma required, previous ticketing experience required.
Box Office Ticket Seller (Part Time)
The part-time Box Office Ticket Seller will work at various AXS ticketed City of Denver facilities and assist customers with ticket purchases, distribute will call to customers for various events, and inform customers of general Venue information (i.e.: upcoming events, ticket availability, event selections, and general parking information). At the end of your shift, you will reconcile all sales and will call receipts.
What you'll be doing...
Opens and/or closes ticket windows as required
Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons
Accepts payments and makes change accurately
Maintains accurate count when selling hard tickets or accesses computer for count of computer printed tickets
Completes daily ticket sales report
Keeps accurate daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold
Balances sales and change banks and submits cash to Box Office Supervisor or Manager for audit
Handles Will-Call window according to procedure, or other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Assist customers with general venue information (i.e.: event availability, event pricing, event seat selection, event scheduling, and general parking information)
Skills and experience we're seeking...
Exceptional guest and client service capabilities
Ability to work well with different personalities in a fast-paced environment
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as dictated by events
Must be able to accurately and efficiently deal with large quantities of cash or other payment methods such as credit cards, checks or money orders.
Job Title: Ticket Seller
Operation: Potomac Riverboat Company (PRC)
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Ticket Manager
Inspired by our commitment to excellence, shipmates at our Company* create unforgettable memories for our guests. The successful Ticket Seller will act as an ambassador for the Company, providing guest service and selling water taxi and cruise tickets.
Sell water taxi/cruise tickets in a fast-paced environment
Keep record of passenger counts for each cruise daily
Ensure boat departures are marked in the ticketing system
Control lines at the booth when stationed on "Sidewalk"—answer questions and direct passengers to keep the line moving
Maintain ticket booth cleanliness and organization
Keep brochure racks on outside counter stocked throughout the day
Ensure ticket booths are stocked with supplies (brochures, cleaning supplies, office supplies) by alerting manager in a timely fashion
Other duties as assigned by Management
The successful Ticket Seller will personally contribute to the unforgettable guest experience, be favorably viewed by supervisors and peers, and be swift and efficient in the execution of their assigned duties. Performance will be measured by sales, management evaluation, and feedback from peers on the city's team.
Job Specifications / Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalency preferred or required
Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age
Previous cash handling and/or guest service experience preferred
Basic computer skills required
Must have energetic, upbeat, and guest focused attitude
Must be able to work well with large groups of guests
Must be able to work independently
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
Some heavy lifting is required, up to 50 pounds
Must be able to work in an indoor/outdoor atmosphere in all climates
Must have reliable transportation to and from work locations (Metro is not a viable option)
Must be able to work in all ticket selling locations- VA, MD, DC
For purposes of this job description only, references to the 'Company' are to the following subsidiaries of Entertainment Cruises Inc.: Premier Yachts, Inc., Mystic Blue Cruises, Inc., Seadog Ventures, Inc., and Spirit Cruises, LLC. You are employed by one of these subsidiaries, not by Entertainment Cruises
Entertainment Cruises, Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Are you a returning applicant?Previous Applicants:Email:Password:
If you do not remember your password click here.
Basketball Ticket Seller (Behrend Students Only)
Campus/Location:Penn State Erie, The Behrend CollegeDate Announced:11/15/2017Date Closing:open until filled
Job Number:75645Work Unit: Penn State Erie, The Behrend CollegeDepartment:Athletics
Sell tickets at all home basketball games/contests.
Pro Soccer Stadium Ticket Seller
Are you positive, upbeat and have a passion for delivering excellent customer service?
PSQ Productions on behalf of Orange County Soccer Club, OC's only professional soccer team, is currently looking for seasonal part-time Ticket Seller position. The Ticket Seller position is responsible for selling admission tickets while providing a high level of customer service in a friendly and professional manner to all guests during the 17 home season game schedule March through October at the new state of the art Championship Soccer Stadium at the Orange County Great Park in Irvine.
Please see link for home game schedule: http://www.orangecountysoccer.com/2018schedule
Key responsibilities of Ticket Seller include:
- Greeting guests in a warm and friendly manner, acknowledging them upon arrival
- Effectively communicating information regarding the game and venue
- Maintaining the cleanliness, comfort, safety, and overall appearance of his/her assigned area
- Collecting payment and providing change in a timely, accurate and courteous manner
- Balancing end-of-day paperwork, including cash and credit cards, accurately
- Answering questions about Orange County Soccer Club and assisting guests with questions, directions, etc.
- Interacting with other employees in a friendly and professional manner
- Listening, responding to, and resolving guest inquiries, complaints and compliments in a friendly and professional manner
- Maintaining a level of patience with guests (complaints, lost items, general directions)
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of Orange County Soccer Club
- One year of customer service experience, preferred past cash handling experience
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive speaking voice
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Must possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money
- Previous ticket system experience a plus!
- Must have the ability to work extended/irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays (Please see link for home game schedule: http://www.orangecountysoccer.com/2018schedule)
- Must be able to work majority of home game dates for Orange County Soccer Club and arrive on time.
- PSQ Productions on behalf of the Orange County Soccer Club will conduct a background check as part of the selection process
$12 per hour
Parimutuel Help Desk - PT - Seasonal
Provide great guest service to all guests, internal and external.
Sell, cash, redeem, and verify all ticket and voucher sales with relation to pari-mutuel wagering.
Monitor audio-visual signals and take necessary action to ensure that standards and guest needs are met.
Verify scheduled tracks are available for viewing and wagering.
Maintain cleanliness of Mutuel Line and Wagering area.
Change televisions and channels on simulcast wall.
Change paper in machines.
Explain wagering techniques to Guests.
Adhere to all Corporate and local policies, procedures, and operating guidelines.
Demonstrate abilities to meet performance expectations with Communications, Initiative, Problem Solving, Guest Service/Interpersonal Relations, Work Habits and Conduct, and Responsible Gaming/Business Ethics.
Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
Customer service experience.
Must have cash handling and basic math skills.
Must be able to learn Tote Machine functions.
Must be willing to learn pari-mutuel wagering and horse racing.
Previous Teller experience preferred.
Must be 18+ years of age.
2 + Years of Cash Handling experience required.
2+ years customer service skills preferred.
Flexible schedule preferred.
Previous racing experience preferred.
Sharks Foundation 50/50 Raffle Seller
Sharks Foundation 50/50 Raffle Seller
The Sharks Foundation is looking for responsible, enthusiastic and outgoing individuals to sell tickets for the 50/50 raffle at San Jose Sharks home games. The 50/50 raffle will take place at every Sharks home game, where one lucky winner will receive 50% of the total raffle ticket sales and the Sharks Foundation will receive the other 50% to support charitable organizations.
Display an outgoing personality and be willing to approach fans to make sales
Communicate 50/50 raffle details and rules to fans
Keep accurate account of cash and credit sales
Must be 18 years or older
Provide excellent guest service and communication skills
Ability to learn the technology associated with the raffle sales and troubleshoot if needed
Prior experience in cash handling
Demonstrates a "team player" attitude with strong work ethic and high level of integrity
Enhance the fan experience by creating an opportunity for Sharks Fans to raise funds for the community and the possibility of winning half the jackpot.
Gain experience in the sports industry
Become a part of a supporitve, close-knit and motivating team of raffle sellers
- Must be available for a minimum of 75% of Sharks home games (approximately 31 games)
- Shifts will begin about 2 hours before the game starts and end during the third period (starting around 5:30 p.m. and ending at approximately 10:00 p.m. for a 7:30pm game)
- Done on a monthly basis
Wage: $15.00 per hour
Uniform shirt provided by the Sharks Foundation
Employee must provide their own black pants, black shoes and black socks. Jeans, cargo pants, stretch pants and shoes with any color logo are not allowed.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!