Payroll Job Description Sample
We are currently looking for a dedicated and experienced professional to assume this key full-time position on our health care team!
At Metropolis, we know that our reputation for excellence is due to our exceptional employees. We offer our team members a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that includes:
- Excellent Starting Wage!
- 401k with Matching Contributions!
- Vacation and PTO!
- Paid Holidays!
- Birthday Holiday!
- Tuition Assistance!
- Medical Insurance for Only $49.68/Month!
- Dental Insurance!
- Vision Insurance!
- Critical Illness Insurance!
- Short-Term Disability Insurance!
- Cancer Insurance!
- Accident Insurance!
- Life Insurance!
- Advancement Opportunities!
- And Much More!
Is a career with Metropolis right for you? If so, below are EASY ways to apply.
Apply to our career site by clicking the box above. It just takes two minutes!
Send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call (618) 524-2634 to schedule a personal and confidential interview.
Metropolis Rehabilitation & Health Care Center2299 Metropolis StreetMetropolis, IL 62960
Metropolis Rehabilitation & Health Care Center is part of the Tutera Senior Living & Health Care system and has been proudly serving our community for over 30 years. We specialize in alzheimers care, long-term care, short-term rehabilitation, restorative nursing care, specialized skin and wound care, palliative care, and respite stays.
Tutera Senior Living & Health Care provides skilled nursing, assisted living, independent living, and home health services to over 2700 residents they serve across 9 states. Rewarding work, a fulfilling career, and compassionate colleagues are just a few of the many reasons why over 2600 of the most admired and talented health care professionals make us their employer-of-choice in the long-term care industry!
We are presently accepting applications from dedicated and experienced payroll professionals for our full-time Payroll position at our brand new state-of-the art, Skilled Nursing Facility Tiffany Springs Health and Rehabilitation Center in the Northland! The Ideal Candidate will have payroll experience in long term care or a closely related industry. Experience with Kronos strongly preferred.
At Tiffany Springs, we know that our reputation for excellence is due to our exceptional employees. We offer our team members a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that includes:
Pay Based on Experience!
401k with Matching Contributions!
Medical Insurance for Only $49.68/Month!
Critical Illness Insurance!
Short-Term Disability Insurance!
And Much More!
Is a career with Tiffany Springs right for you? If so, below are EASY ways to apply.
Apply to our career site by clicking the box above. It just takes two minutes!
Send your resume in confidence to Tiffanyspringsrehab@tutera.com.
Call Justin, Administrator, at (816) 741-5570 to schedule a personal and confidential interview .
Tiffany Springs Rehabilitation & Health Care Center9191 N. Ambassador DriveKansas City, MO 64154
Tutera Senior Living & Health Care provides skilled nursing, assisted living, independent living, and home health services to over 2700 residents they serve across 9 states.
Rewarding work, a fulfilling career, and compassionate colleagues are just a few of the many reasons why over 2600 of the most admired and talented health care professionals make us their employer-of-choice in the long-term care industry!
Payroll Implementation Coordinator (3305-194)
Payroll Implementation Coordinator 1 - Franklin, TN
BenefitMall is a national provider of employee benefits, payroll, HR and employer services. Working with a network of more than 20,000 Trusted Advisors, we enable small and medium sized businesses easy access to affordable quality workforce solutions including employee benefits, payroll, compliance, and HR Solutions. Our employees enjoy an inclusive company culture that helps them exceed their income by providing career growth opportunities while maximizing their talents and contributions to the organization. We also offer standard medical, dental, and vision benefits along with a casual work environment, tuition reimbursement and pet insurance.
As part of our team, you will provide timely and accurate set-up of new accounts as well as processes the first two payrolls with the client (if applicable), and subsequent payrolls as necessary until it is determined that the payroll has been set up accurately and is running correctly. This position requires coordination and communication between the Implementation Department, Corporate Office, District Managers and Clients to obtain all required information for new account set up.
Complete the necessary steps to enter the client's information in the applicable platform (This process may include but is not limited to making welcome calls, copying paperwork and providing set up information to other departments as necessary)
Analyze client needs and provide proper recommendations for product features/enhancements to ensure complete customer satisfaction
Process initial payrolls for the client until a perfect payroll is achieved with no less than two payrolls run before turnover is made to assigned representative/team (if applicable)
Balance client's YTD earnings and taxes in addition to reconciling any differences that may occur
Support incoming client calls regarding payroll software and their general payroll needs
High school diploma or GED equivalent
1+ year of payroll experience
Demonstrated working knowledge of payroll and its applications
Technical skills include: creating/maintaining spreadsheets, learning new systems and use of calculators
CPP/FPC certification preferred
We are an EOE F/M/D/V
BenefitMall provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Coordinate with Project Accountants on the validity of charge numbers, labor moves, reclassification and corrections.
- Export and import of data between Time and Expense and Costpoint Systems. Maintain Time and Expense system to ensure valid charge trees, user defined table links, account codes are current and active, validate project workforce set-up and restricted rights and, conduct internal timesheet floor checks on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and distribute weekly management Labor Utilization Report using Impromptu and MS Excel.
- Processing of garnishments
- File and maintain employee data files, labor/payroll related documents and records in an orderly manner. Other assignments as required.
- Conduct and understand a full cycle of payroll using Workday software
- Verify weekly timesheets for accuracy with emphasis on pay types, hours and project/account charge combinations.
- Research payroll related issues and work closely with HR and other company divisions/departments
- Knowledge of the Service Contract Act and payroll related processes preferred
- International payroll experience
- Assist in various Audit inquiries (DCAA Floor Check, Worker’s Compensation)
- Bachelors in Accounting of Finance
- Strong Costpoint experience
- 5+ years of labor/payroll experience in a government-contracting environment
- Must be detail oriented, highly analytical, well-organized and a multitasked problem solver
- Effective oral and written communications skills are a must
Payroll Tax Operations Analyst - Consultant
TITLE: Payroll Tax Operations Analyst - Consultant
LOCATION: Jersey City, NJ
RATE: $25 - $28/hour on a W2
CLIENT: Fortune 100 Bank
The Payroll Tax Operations Analyst will manage components of the day to day functions of the payroll development, implementation of a US Tax Documentation, Withholding & Reporting Function for FATCA purposes.
We are looking for candidates with FATCA, Chapter 3 and Chapter 61 compliance experience to join our payroll tax team.
- Daily Tax Documentation Validation of IRS Form W-9 and Form W8 series
- Daily Back Up and NRA Tax Deposits
- Year End Reporting of Form 1099, 1042S and filing of the Firm Returns 945, 1042 and 8966 including any State Tax Reporting
- Process (IMY) Intermediary Allocation and Withholding Statements
- Handle B/C Notices and liaise with Corp Tax to abate any penalty notices
- Assist in the development of evaluation and migration of un-remediated tax processes/deliverables
- Research, coordinate, and recommend process enhancements to the division's operations, write procedures, and complete projects as directed.
- Represent Tax Ops in the design, development, testing, and implementation of system changes, new systems, or changes in policy and procedures.
- Provide support for Tax Ops and liaison with branches, bank divisions, and vendors as required.
- Lead/Participate in regulatory and disaster recovery testing as needed.
- May assist in the following: Represent Tax Operations side of the project, and coordinate with Project Manager and project leads from constituent departments; act as liaison between offices, corporate departments, and system groups.
- Must be familiar with and be able to execute the bank's project procedures (PPM). May conduct, coordinate, and/or execute User Acceptance Testing for all applications supported by the unit. (40%)
- Assist internal units with procedure development and process improvement.
- Conduct and facilitate meetings to resolve business problems, produce project plans, direct solution to system/business problems. Ensure deadlines are met. (20%)
- Identify, analyze, define and recommend processes and automation strategies that will increase profits and reduce expenses; assist in maximizing the Bank's data processing capabilities, personnel resources and facilities; increase operating efficiency and productivity; fulfill management long and short-term objectives. Provide research and analysis for significant product/service development regardless of orientation (technical, user, financial, etc.)
- Ensure productivity reports and volumes are reported accurately and are in line with Key Performance Indicators. (10%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 2-3 years financial services experience
- 3+ years Change/Project management experience
- 3+ years MS Project, Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint experience
- Experience with Tax Compliance Systems: such as Broadridge-ADP, IMPACT, CTI, 1099/1042S PRO, Stone River, Convey etc. is a plus
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills and an excellent communicator at all levels
- Must possess excellent documentation skills
- Treasury Regulations Section 1441 knowledge
- Cost Basis Reporting knowledge is a plus
- Must be delivery-focused and able to meet aggressive delivery dates
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following:
• Full MS WORD Resume
• Current and required compensation
• Current contact information
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss the position in full detail.
Intermedia Group Inc
Finance - Payroll Analyst I
We are looking to hire Finance- Payroll Analyst I in Englewood, CO. If you are interested for this position please send me your updated resume.
Job Title: Finance- Payroll Analyst I
Location: Englewood, CO
Duration: 4 months contract
Responsible for payroll processing of a subset of employees on a semi-monthly, multi-state basis for employees in the US and Canada. utilizing the ProBusiness payroll systems
Audit of timecards and time reports for accuracy, approval and compliance utilizing Mytime system
Perform file upload/interfaces
Sign off time attendance every pay cycle to close the period
Upload, balance and reconcile commission, bonus payments and misc. payments files
Audit of payroll transactions from HR/Payroll interface, data entry changes and worksheets entries before and after payroll transmission
Payroll processing for the Japanese seconded employees
Expertise in Report Writer and distribute payroll reports every pay cycle
Assist on the research of account reconciliations items every month
Document payroll procedures and update them as changes occur
Post 401K, WageWorks and HSA report files to Oracle HR drive every pay period
Assist with the audit requests from the External and Internal Audit Teams
Reconciliation of hand checks created during pay period and clearing of stale dated checks by performing stop payments/reissuance
Support internal and external payroll inquiries as necessary by performing the necessary research and responding appropriately
Handle basic aspects of processing payroll including wage garnishments, leave of absence calculations and expatriate transactions
Prepare manual checks as needed and report the bank
Assist with year-end close tasks and review of the W-2 information
3-5 years of multi-state payroll processing experience
Strong experience preferred on ADP ProBusiness payroll system and Report Writer tool
Experience preferred on MyTime time and attendance system
Solid knowledge of payroll laws and regulations
High attention to detail customer service oriented
Sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
Flexibility to work extended hours including potentially weekends during peak times such as year-end
Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Solid MS Office and Excel skills
Ability to effectively interface and communicate with multiple varied internal/external groups/organizations.
Unquestionable ethics and integrity
Solid communication skills, both orally and in writing
Self-starter with ability to work independently with some supervision
Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
Global Payroll Manager
Summary of Responsibilities
- Bi-monthly processing of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to 200+ US employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Monthly processing of International payroll including data transmission, reconciliation, payroll and tax funding memo wires and manual check requests; liaise with external payroll service vendors worldwide.
- Global travel and expense reporting and reimbursement – tracking adherence to policy and processing travel and expense payments.
- Posting of related accounting entries and reconciliation of all payroll accounts.
- Out of cycle/ad hoc payments of employees and production and issuance of manual checks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Partnering with Human Resources on all matters involving employees compensation, benefits and disability payments to ensure:
- Proper taxation of employer paid benefits, including stock based compensation and 401(k) contributions and funding
- Timely and accurate updating of payroll records for new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations, changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements
- Ownership of all payroll processes and procedures including analysis, design & implementation of changes to ensure continuous improvement in accuracy and efficiency, best practice operations and compliance with company policies.
- Leadership role in planning, implementing and administering new/upgraded systems that impact payroll processing.
- Support annual Financial Statement audit, 401k audit, Workers Comp audit, ESD and other audits as required.
- Efficiently process inquiries and requests from current and former employees.
- Prepare relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
- Manage annual preparation and delivery of Form W-2s and 1099’s.
- Maintain current professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPP preferred.
- 5+ years experience managing processing multi-state payroll. International experience preferred.
- Highly analytical with strong working knowledge of general payroll protocols, accounting principles and Federal, State and local regulations.
- Proficient with MS Excel and Word.
- Advanced skills and demonstrated expertise supporting best practice global payroll processes, systems, policies and key internal controls.
- Familiar with ADP Workforce, Workday and Concur – Netsuite and Shareworks a plus
- Prior experience with system upgrades and implementations – Workday a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – able to work effectively with executives and staff and manage external service providers.
- Proven team player who thrives on working hard with like-minded colleagues in a very collaborative environment.
- Able to maintain total confidentiality and discretion.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
Payroll Services Director
- Effectively directs and manages the payroll services department to ensure payroll processing is in compliance with federal, state and local laws, policies and procedures. Works to resolve complex issues to maintain compliance. Leads compliance efforts through Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and internal/external audits. Coordinates with HR, Finance, and Legal to develop and/or implement new policies and procedures as needed.
- Manages day to day operations of the payroll team, including payroll processing and timekeeping, data accuracy, leave and benefits administration. Reviews, reconciles and approves payroll register for accuracy and/or anomalies to ensure efficient and timely processing and delivery.
- Establishes a high performing team and leads a culture of accountability that ensures delivery of timely, quality services. Plans and manages workforce planning, schedules, headcount and structure. Recommends team structure and budget requirements. Monitors quality and timeliness of work and provides constructive and timely feedback.
- Executes the overall payroll strategy, focusing on continuous improvement, simplification, and automation. Develops and evaluates measurements and metrics to gauge effectiveness of the processes and systems. Creates plans to address trends and issues.
- Manages vendor relationships to strengthen and improve overall vendor management.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: related field of study from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Typically a minimum of 10 years
- related professional experience including a minimum of 5-6 years experience in a managerial position.
- Prior payment or technology industry experience is preferred.
- Master's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: related field of study from an accredited university.
Responsible for all aspects of payroll internal controls and procedures, including developing and enforcing standards to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing. Direct daily operations of Payroll. Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by keeping up-to-date with existing and new related legislation; enforce adherence to requirements, advising supervisors and escalating issues to management as needed. Provide accurate processing of all benefit deductions, wage garnishments and levies and taxable benefits. Provide timely and accurate reporting of data to external entities including regulatory agencies.
Oversee payroll processing and administration for accurate completion of two bi-weekly and one semi-monthly payrolls. Oversee quarterly and year-end payroll adjustments, W-2 filing and distribution.
Process employment tax payments. Ensure that the information is accurate and the University is in compliance. If necessary, register for withholding account in additional states and set up withholding in system. Provide support to the Controller’s Office relating to payroll charges, funding and account reconciliations. Compile reports for periodic and annual audits, for both internal and external sources. Lead and implement projects associated with payroll operations to increase the University’s efficiency, effectiveness, and competitiveness.
Lead a customer service culture in Financial Services based on collaboration and continuous organizational learning. Serve as the primary University contact for all payroll-related questions. Collaborate with others to successfully resolve issues related to payroll transactions. Foster positive working relationship with the HR team and other partners. Identify training needs of end users; develop and provide necessary training. Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential. Recommend and implement procedure and policy changes, system enhancements. Maintain payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees and staff job results by coaching, planning, monitoring and appraising job results. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies, etc. Assist University management to ensure disaster recovery and business continuity plans are robust and fully tested.
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Miller Kaplan Arase LLP is a CPA firm committed to excellence in work product and client service. We specialize in Entertainment, Licensing and Royalties, Media, Employee Benefit Plans, Labor Organizations and Nonprofit Organizations.
The Payroll Specialist will work with and report to the Firm’s CFO. This position will be involved with a wide range of Accounting responsibilities with a focus on Payroll processing, invoicing, Accounts Payable, general ledger and financial statement processing.
- Serve as lead in payroll processing.
- Perform daily payroll department operations.
- Reconcile timesheets and process overtime and time off requests.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll.
- Perform compliance for unclaimed property payroll checks.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, 1099 etc).
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
- Process manual check and relocation metrics.
- Update and reconcile monthly payroll journals from ADP reports.
- Respond and address employee and/or Management Payroll related inquiries.
- Coordinate and correspond with Workers' Compensation and Employee Benefit plan auditors.
- Process annual and periodic changes to employee benefits in ADP.
- Maintain and process general ledger and financial statement functions.
- Process Accounts Payable and vendor invoices.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and cash flow reports.
- Analyze and prepare adjustments to accounting records.
- File paid in invoices, payroll processing workpapers and office documents.
- Minimum 5 years payroll experience required, experience working with ADP preferred.
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience required.
- Familiarity with employment laws regarding pay and overtime.
- Familiarity with MAS 90, QuickBooks or other bookkeeping software.
- Advanced skill level in Excel; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiarity with month-end closing procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and customer service skills, able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be organized and possess a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- A problem solver with strong analytical and organizational skills.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!