Penn Laird Job Description Sample
Bistro Server AM
The Food Server is responsible to serve food and beverages to guests in a timely, courteous, efficient and accurate manner. All functions are carried out to maintain an environment of teamwork and first class customer service. The Server receives guests, takes guest orders, and processes those orders in a timely manner with a sincerely pleasant and professional demeanor. The ideal Server candidate has a warm and friendly personality that puts our customers at ease and sets expectations of dining excellence. He/She is skilled in serving etiquette, menu and specials presentations, and accurate/prompt guest check preparation.
The ideal Food Server candidate has a high school diploma/GED (on-the-job training and experience combination may substitute for education requirement), prior food service experience, an ability to lift 20 pounds, be able to stand for long periods of time, and is willing/able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays. The following is a representative list of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position:
- Smile when on-stage.
- Is fully knowledgeable of menu prices, daily specials, menu items and register systems.
- Aware at all times of the guest's needs.
- Is neatly attired at all times in the required uniform and nametag.
- Maintains a professional and congenial attitude.
- Checks station for neatness, cleanliness, proper set-up, and backup supplies.
- Introduces himself/herself to the guest and provides information concerning daily specials.
- Suggests cocktails, appetizers, and desserts when appropriate.
- Utilizes suggestive selling.
- Takes orders promptly and processes them in the kitchen in a timely manner.
- Serves food promptly.
- Ensures that side work at the end of the shift is completed and checked by the hostess.
- Is knowledgeable of the hotel property including room rates, promotions in the hotel and local events.
- Performs other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and management.
- Maintains a pleasant relationship with customers.
Guest Services Representative
The Guest Services Representative is responsible to provide and promote a high level of guest service from reception at the front desk to guest checkout. The Representative must have a working knowledge of all hospitality services including Front Office, night audit, and reservations management. He/She will work to ensure a 100% level of guest satisfaction by acting as the main point-of-contact for all guest requirements and requests throughout the period of stay. The ideal candidate for this position has a high school diploma (advanced education/coursework desired); previous hotel/hospitality or customer service experience; one year experience with front desk or customer-facing role (e.g., cashier, sales); upbeat and friendly interpersonal skills; and a sincerely helpful demeanor.
The following is a representative list of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position:
- Smile and continuously project a helpful attitude
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times
- Stay current on all emergency procedures and acts accordingly
- Greet and register guests and provide room assignments, accommodating special requests whenever possible. Assist in the pre-registration and blocking of reservations
- Have working knowledge of reservations procedures, sell reservations (be an order maker, not an order taker), and know cancellation procedures and Walk Policy
- Handle guest check-ins and check-outs efficiently, in a friendly and professional manner
- Provide information to all guests in a courteous and informative manner. Will not volunteer information about guests or associates - only indicate whether or not they can be reached
- Handle complaints courteously. When necessary, relay through supervisor for appropriate action and enter in the follow up (target 100) log
- Handle lost and found by taking relevant messages and completing Lost and Found form and directing to proper department.
- Communicate with incoming shift by logging pertinent information in the front office log
- Ensure that all cash, checks, and miscellaneous departments are in balance at the end of each shift
- Complete appropriate shift checklist daily
- Keep housekeeping informed of any special requests (per Hot Sheet), late checkouts, and special need areas in the hotel
- Answers transfers, recalls, and all incoming calls in a timely and friendly manner
- Receive and transmit mail, phone calls, and written messages for guests (in absence of voice mail system)
- Answer inquires pertaining to hotel services, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions
- Assist guests in obtaining information. Call airlines, rent-a-car, companies, etc.
- Post room charges, food and beverage charges, phone charges, and compute guest bills using PMS. Collect payments and make changes for hotel guests following all handling procedures as required
- Ensure adequate key cards are available for assignment of guestrooms
- Attend to special service requests including securing of guest valuables in safety deposit boxes. Assure that complimentary amenities are delivered to VIP's at the time required
- Promote repeat business by offering to take future reservations upon checkout and by providing recommendations for alternate NHG products/services
- Maintain a log of items borrowed from the front desk and deliver items when necessary, i.e. Irons/ironing boards, blow dryers
- Keep the front office area neat, clean, and free of safety hazards
- Maintain knowledge of the hotel, hotel staff, hotel services with hours of operations, room locations, types of rooms and room selling strategies, hotel rates and discounts, hotel credit and check cashing policies and procedures, and know how to handle each
- Be knowledgeable of AAA and its benefits and any current promotions being offered, as well as all special promotions offered by NHG
- Responsible for proper telephone etiquette
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the hotel's PMS. Has understanding of in-house computers and monitors computer accuracy to ensure maximum occupancy
- Be aware of new potential sales contacts through guest interaction and report the information to the Sales Department
- Wear proper uniform and name tag at all times in accordance with the standards of appearance
- Contribute to and support the hospitality programs and training seminars to ensure their success. Continue to practice skills taught
- Attend monthly front office meetings
- Perform required tasks, including, but not limited to, those contained in the Minimum Performance Standards set by NHG
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the NHG Employee Handbook
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management
Conducts all accounting functions at the plant as they relate to manufacturing accounting, planning, and control. Provides financial guidance to the plant and business unit management; develops and maintains procedures for the financial control of all plant assets, revenues, and operating revenues, develops plant overhead rates and annual operating plan; is responsible for the accuracy of the plant's accounting methods, accounting records, and financial reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Establish procedures to ensure sound financial control of assets, and review of cost and general accounting activities to ensure that all systems are properly developed and maintained to meet business unit financial reporting timetables.
Coordinate the preparation of the annual operating plan.
Supervises the preparation and interpretation of the financial statements; ensure reporting reliability, consistency and transparency; complete analysis of variances and propose corrective actions.
Directs the preparation of interpretative financial analysis of plant operations and counsels the Plant Manager and the Management team on variance from the plan, helping to develop actions plans/corrective actions.
Evaluate and assist in the preparation of capital expenditure requests.
Co-lead the annual physical inventory with Materials Manager.
Ensure that the accounting and reporting follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Tenneco accounting policies and procedures.
Comply with all audit and Sarbanes-Oxley efforts/requirements
Provides financial information to management and other personnel outside the plant.
Coordinate annual standard cost reviews and changes throughout the year.
Coordinate monthly plant manufacturing and cash flow forecasts
Perform various other manufacturing and operations analysis and reporting.
Lead accounting team in month-end closing activities
Lead management team in greater understanding of operations impact on financial performance
Business partner to Plant Manager
Team participation both within/outside of facility and functional area – will require travel to other facilities/headquarters.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, an MBA or CPA desirable.
5-7 years experience in cost accounting and budgeting in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge of GAAP and other industry standards relating to accounting policies and procedures.
Ability to interpret and explain complex financial data to the organization.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to communicate across various levels of the organization(to both financial and non-financial positions)
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft tools(Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Solid problem solving and analytical skills required
Knowledge of SAP preferred
Smiles when on-stage.
Prepares drinks to order using proper portions and ingredients for guests.
Operates computer, gives change, distributes checks, keeps accurate record of change transactions. Operates blender, bar equipment.
Requisitions supplies, fruits and beverages necessary to stock bar.
Maintains a respectful control over guests and servers at all times.
Is trained in Alcohol Awareness Program and assists in ensuring all servers have received such training.
Assists in maintaining bar stocks. Responsible for cleanliness behind bar, storage space and equipment.
Resourceful with all beverages, fruits and supplies in order to maintain reasonable liquor cost.
Maintains good customer relations in a courteous and professional manner.
Maintains company standards—ensures beverage preparation is performed according to specified procedures and recipes.
Maintains health and sanitation standards.
Performs special assignments or projects as requested.
Part-Time Retail Sales Associate
Creates a friendly and welcoming environment by greeting and offering assistance to customers. You are the face to the customer ensuring they remain the top priority while balancing tasks and routines. Work with the latest technology and innovative solutions. Kohl's offers flexible scheduling and we train and develop the most talented, motivated teams around.
"Smiles and Says Hi!" Greets all customers and associates, assists in a friendly, courteous manner and adheres to the "Yes We Can" policy efficiently resolving customer's questions and requests
Consistently uses the 5 step GREAT program while interacting with customers: Greets and Engages Customer, Requests Credit, Explains Savings, Asks to Complete the Survey and Thanks the Customer
Able to learn and adapt to current technology to assist customer needs
Delivers the highest level of customer service through effective problem solving
Solicits, opens and activates Kohl's Charge applications and loyalty programs
Ensures that all cash handling procedures are done in accordance to policy and procedure
Complete transactions accurately and efficiently while engaging customers
Flexible and willing to cross-train and work in other areas of the store, as needed
Ability to lift 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis
Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving about the departments. Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis
Adherence to Kohl's policy and procedures
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting and attention to detail
Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
Prior retail experience
Comfortable with the use of technology consistently while performing the required tasks
Hotel Maintenance Worker
In our hotel, the Maintenance Worker position performs the duties necessary to maintain the physical structure of the hotel and keep it in good repair. These duties include carpentry, routine plumbing, minor electrical work, minor mechanical repairs and other maintenance duties.
We are looking for someone to keep our facility in compliance will all safety standards so that we can give our guests, and fellow employees, a safe environment to enjoy. Our company is all about teamwork and first class guest service, so the candidate we are searching out has a warm and friendly personality that puts our guests at ease and sets expectations of excellence in guest room/hotel functionality.
The ideal Maintenance Worker candidate has a high school diploma/GED (on-the-job training and experience combination may substitute for education requirement), prior hotel/maintenance experience, an ability to lift 75+ pounds frequently, be able to stand for long periods of time, and is willing/able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays. The following is a representative list of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position:
n Smile when on-stage.
n Makes general repairs: Minor repairs on general plumbing systems and fixtures, e.g., leaking faucet, repairing a sink drain.
n Assists in administration of an on-going preventive maintenance program for equipment and guest rooms; performs planned maintenance on equipment to prolong life and prevent shut down, e.g., minor lubrications, adjustments, and cleaning.
n Assists in responding to all guest and staff needs:
n Performs elementary painting and repairing of walls, furniture, cabinets, and windows, doors locks and keys.
n Performs minor electrical and mechanical repairs.
n Performs minor repairs on fans and air conditioners.
n Performs routine plumbing repairs.
n Performs rough carpentry work.
n Assists in administration of special maintenance programs.
n Assists in maintenance of departmental tools, workspaces, and equipment.
n Know/observes safety precautions and fire safety procedures and emergency action plans and use of fire control/alarm systems and extinguishers.
n All other duties as assigned.
This is a permanent, full-time position.
Write, modify, and debug software for client applications. Work closely with the team, and report clearly and accurately to management. Perform engineering level tests to find defects, troubleshoot and debug development and production issues, validate software issues; resolve issues with due urgency and maintain thorough documentation of all software solutions. Ensure architectural consistency of the application. Assist with research and development. Thorough knowledge of business logic in one or more modules of the application, or comparable work experience.
- Work closely and effectively with your team, management and designers to build world class software applications.
- Translate design specifications to web or client applications that work well across multiple devices.
- Contribute to design and architecture of our platform to meet business requirements.
- Stay current on the latest web tools, client side technologies, standards, and practices.
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure delivery of high quality software.
- Thorough understanding of SQL and relational databases, and assist DBAs to design and update database tables, queries, stored procedures, etc.
- Assist other developers with questions; willing to help the team when asked.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
- Ability and desire to both estimate tasks and meet deadlines, working effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and customers.
- Work as needed with the support team to help resolve difficult technical issues in our customer base.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Conceive, experiment with, and present architectural approaches for software applications, including web, client, server, and others. Ensure architectural integrity and consistency across the entire product. Design new software applications.
- Work closely with product management to build and maintain the product backlog for Jenzabar EX.
- Develop technical specifications or prototypes, as needed, as well as document best practice or development standards for product development.
- Perform development work on the more intricate aspects of the architecture and system.
- Provide technical consultancy, expertise and advice to the development team and management on matters of technical architecture and infrastructure developments, including their feasibility. Promote the re-use of code, components, and systems to ensure that these support the widest range of company products possible and are aligned with technical strategy.
- Assist management by advising on product road-maps to achieve strategic goals and evaluating options in the short, medium and long term.
- Evaluate existing and emerging technologies and their potential to enhance the performance and robustness of a technical architecture.
- Document standards, processes and coding practices.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Development on web application that utilized Responsive Web Design techniques highly preferred.
- Well versed in SQL and relational databases. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server required.
- Twitter Bootstrap CSS Framework, knowledge of Agile/iterative development processes and higher education experience are all pluses.
- Experience with PowerBuilder, VB6, and knowledge of administrative software.
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance
Opens and closes the store in the absence of store management, including all required systems start-ups, required cash handling, and ensuring the floor and stock room are ready for the business day. Responsible for opening back door of store for deliveries.
Completes product returns, order voids, customer refunds, cash drops to the safe, and provides change as requested to cash registers.
Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
Responsible for holding store keys to open and close without management as necessary.
Assists with and coaches other team members to work with warehouse and vendor ordering process as the orders are created, reviewed, and received, including opening the backdoor for vendor deliveries.
Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on assigned cash register, including records of scanning errors, price verifications, items not on file, price modifications, and voids.
Assists manager or assistant store manager in reviewing order exceptions on order release day and assists in reverse logistics (e.g., 1506, returns, empty package).
Assists manager or assistant store manager in evaluating and developing displays, including promotional, seasonal, super structures, and sale merchandise. Completes resets and revisions.
Maintains accurate inventory counts; maintains the accuracy of on-hand quantities including, but not limited to, basic departments, stockroom, and overstock locations.
Assist with ensuring the Outdate program is followed with team members.
Responsible for basic department pricing and making daily price changes; ensures proper signage is displayed at the store to support accurate pricing of products. Ensures any additional pricing tasks related to local regulations and/or regulatory compliance programs are completed accurately and within the required time frame.
Assist with bookkeeping activities, including cash report, cash counts, ledgers, and bill payment as necessary or as requested.
Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring clean, neat, orderly store condition and appearance, including requesting store or system repairs as required in manager absence, or as requested by manager.
Assists with separation of food items (e.g., raw foods from pre-cooked) and product placement as specified by policies/procedures (e.g., raw and frozen meats on bottom shelves). For consumable items, assists in stock rotation, using the first in, first out method and restock outs.
Has working knowledge of store systems and store equipment.
Assist at Pharmacy out window as requested.
Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages and tobacco products).
Responsible for bag checks of team members before leaving the store.
Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
Training & Personal Development
Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager.
Obtains and maintains valid PTCB certification or pharmacy license as required by state.
Serves as a liaison between management and non-management team members by communicating assigned tasks to team members when store management is not present.
Reports disciplinary issues and customer complaints to management.
Merchandise Assistant - Valley Mall
- Valley Mall
Location: Harrisonburg, VA, United States
- Valley Mall 1925 E Market St
Job ID: 1076708
Date: October 12, 2018
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated.
At every touchpoint, customers will discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward helping customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It's a place that's meant for you.
As the Merchandise Assistant, you are accountable for driving customer service to achieve profitable sales growth by leading and engaging associates, managing company merchandise standards and execution, training and developing associates and executing sales building programs.
Customer Service & Sales – Models and holds team accountable for delivering outstanding customer service. Actively listens to customer issues to resolve problems.
Demonstrates WORTH behaviors consistently. Partners with other team members when additional support is needed.
Door to Floor / Restock / RFID & Inventory – Works with Merchandise Supervisor to plan upcoming merchandise placement plans. Contributes to merchandise receipt and reverse logistics processes.
Assists with the execution of inventory processes (cycle counts, system uploads, stock ledger, Radio Frequency Identification Scans, etc.). Contributes to the Shoe on Display restocking process, including mismates and stockroom organization. Contributes to the restock program to identify replenishment opportunities.
SET / Visual / Environment – Assists with the SET processes by planning floor moves, placing graphics, and executing visual detailing based on company guidance. Identifies sell-through opportunities and remerchandise the selling floor to increase rate of sale.
Helps oversee and maintain all fitting room and sales floor recovery processes to ensure a clean and organized store environment. Contributes to the execution of visual elements to support merchandising statements. Responsible for stockroom maintenance.
Omnichannel (SVG 2-3 only) – Assists with the jcp.com process including jcp.com orders and aged and undelivered orders/returns as needed. Contributes to Buy Online Pick Up In Store and Ship from Store processes as needed.
General Operations – Contributes to Merchandise Transfer Out (MTO), Return to Vendor and Return to Warehouse activities. Assists with the Defective MTO (DMTO) process ensuring proper and timely execution of all DMTO's to ensure integrity of inventory and prevent shrink. Participates in annual inventory processes.
Performance Standards – Supports company shrink and safety initiatives. Consistently meets established performance standards for the role, including (but not limited to) product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
Skills & Experience
To achieve success at JCPenney, a Merchandise Assistant will possess the following:
Results – Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others.
Ownership – Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes.
Intensity – Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what's right; take action with energy and urgency.
Job Title: Merchandise Assistant
- Valley Mall
Location: Harrisonburg, VA, United States
- Valley Mall 1925 E Market St
Job ID: 1076708
J.C. Penney Company Inc.
Senior Landscape Specialist (Arbor)
Monitor and provide the necessary care and maintenance to trees and ornamentals to include the appropriate chemical treatment, trimming and pruning. Safely utilize the bucket truck in execution of these duties.
Assist with the development and maintenance of the geographic information system (GIS) database of all trees. Participate in Tree Campus USA activities. Perform general landscaping duties to include the installation and maintenance of flowers, trees, shrubs and turf; trash removal and snow removal.
Assist other landscape crews during special events. Apply chemical application in the treatment of plant pests and disease. Assist with inspections of all indoor properties, as needed, to determine the presence of agricultural and structural pests, such as insects and rodents.
Coordinate the purchase of tree and plants. Lead the work of others. Must work all home football games, graduations and other events as required. Will be required to work, whether during an authorized closing or not, for the purpose of snow and ice removal or any other assistance related directly to an inclement weather event.
Knowledge of: various types of trees and the optimal care and environment each; various types of plant pests and diseases and corresponding treatments; operation of various types of landscape equipment; general landscape maintenance to include the installation and care of turf, trees, flowers and shrubs. Ability to identify various types of trees; compile, track and report on data; safely apply chemical treatments; remove and exterminate pests; work independently and lead a small group of employees to perform a variety of tasks; operate various types of landscape equipment such as tractors, trucks, backpack blowers, sprayers, large bucket trucks and a variety of hand tools; lift up to 100 pounds and perform physically demanding work for extended periods of time in a variety of environmental conditions.
Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills and basic computer skills. Must be able to use a respirator. Experience with GIS is helpful.
Must be at least 19 years old and possess a valid driver's license. Must have a Pesticide Registered Technician's license within one year of hire. Must have Arborist certification within three years of hire.
A Commercial Applicator 3A License is preferred. Facilities Management will assist in the process of obtaining these licenses.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check. E-Verify Notice:
After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States. James Madison University uses the E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!