Personal Assistant Job Description Sample
We are a locally owned Personal Assistant Company based in Charleston, SC. We match our assistants with local professionals, businesses, seniors, and families.
If you have applied for different openings in the past, please reply to the last email that we sent you and ask to see if you are a good fit. If we feel that you are a potential fit, we will contact you!
** Depending on your filters, please note that sometimes our emails will go into your spam filter. Please keep your eye out there.
Regularly Scheduled Personal Assistants / Household Helpers:
James Island - 8-10 hours week - Busy female professional - laundry, errands, unpack/pack for trips, schedule appointments.
James Island - 8-12 hours week - errands, tidy home, pet helper, pack for trips
Downtown - 8 hours a week - help busy family with babies keep up. Household helper - Laundry, tidy kitchen, walk dog
Sullivans Island - 4 hours week - help busy executive with day to day life. Laundry, errands, keeping corporate apart stocked
AS NEEDED: 0-10 hours per week
- Pet Sitting
- Packing/Unpacking, Fill-in, etc.
May have opportunity to ramp up to regularly scheduled in July/August, if you are a good fit.
Examples of Requests
- Light Housekeeping (pick-up toys/tidy, empty trash, wipe down counters, laundry, etc.)
- Dog Walking
- Gift Wrapping
- Online Shopping
- Light Admin (simple tasks)
- Waiting for Vendors
- Administrative Tasks
- Email Correspondence
- Event Services
- Lifestyle Management
- Pack/Unpack/Organize Moves
- Comfortable with technology - You will have to use online software to track hours and tasks
- Professional in appearance and attitude
- Flexible personality
- Great time management skills
- Excellent follow through
- Willing to do what it takes to get something done
- Keep your availability calendar up to date
- If selected, you must submit and pass background and reference checks. $20.00 fee for background check.
- Company, etiquette, and expectations overview and software introduction. (approx 4-6 hours).
- If travel is required, you must have a reliable automobile, have a valid driver's license, and proof of current auto insurance.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US
- Work history and contact information
If you accept an ongoing client, we request that you can commit to at least 9 months.
Some clients will require an FBI background and drug tests.
- Many assistants start out with 5-10 hours per week, but it may grow depending on your skill set. We find the best client, based on your interests and skills.
- As your skills grow, you may have the opportunity to accept higher level/higher pay task requests/clients.
- You will learn valuable workplace etiquette, customer service skills, communication skills, time management and the value of follow through.The skills you will learn with Your Time, will translate to any profession.
- Project Managers available to help.
- We hold our clients to the same high standards as our assistants. We do not accept all clients.
You only have to answer questions that are applicable to the position.
Hint - To upload a photo, you may have to first resize it to 2".
Want to really impress us? Feel free to record a short 1 minute intro video in your Google Drive or through a private YouTube account, and share the link with us in your summary. Explain why you would be a good fit. If you have trouble, just leave it out and we can send you instructions if a client requests a video.
To maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the CEO, CD, and CUO as they contribute to the health and growth of the Life is Good brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expert executive support for the three on-site partners, including but not limited to expense reporting, calendar management, travel planning, and special projects
- Coordinate and prepare meals and snacks, run errands, and keep executive work spaces tidy - all with a happy heart!
- Provide daily personal support for the CEO
- Assist COS with day-to-day admin responsibilities including managing calendars, setting up conference calls, reporting expenses, etc.
- Prioritize what leads to achieving the CEO’s vision; filter / discard distractions and communicate clearly
- Plan and organize events and handle requests for events and meetings
- Oversee the management of personal assets and arrangements, including homes, vehicles, personal appointments, and residence-related personal needs
- Manage household services and contractors for all aspects of CEO’s life, including cleaning, grocery delivery, personal appointments, visitors, personal stylist, entertainment
- Perform daily personal care-taking tasks and errands of varying complexity and with little direction or communication
- Anticipate and create ongoing visibility into internal meetings and processes
- Provide back-up support to the First Impressions Manager as needed
YOU'LL KNOW YOU'RE SUCCESSFUL WHEN
- You meet your annual goals
- You are considered a cultural asset to the CEO's office at Life is Good
- You meet deadlines and resonate with Life is Good's mission
Your Experience and Qualifications:
- You have a deep interest in learning new things, and are dependable with a positive optimistic attitude
- You have 3+ years of proven experience supporting a C-level Executive and/or Founder
- You are skilled in managing the complex personal and professional lives of Executives
- You are comfortable dealing with and handling highly confidential and sensitive information
Your Personal Attributes
- You believe passionately in our mission and the Life is Good Superpowers
- You are skilled and comfortable working independently and as part of a team of dynamic creative professionals
- You are known for your ability to give and receive feedback thoughtfully and constructively
- You have the poise and tact to fluidly and organically allow the role to expand and grow with changing needs
- You believe that no task should be considered too large or too small
- You have the ability to stay calm, organized, detail oriented, and clear minded in a hectic and fast paced environment
- You are proactive, have a good level of foresight, and keen attention to detail
- You are highly motivated and productive with the ability to knock off tasks and move on
We're located in the innovative Fort Point neighborhood. You'll be involved in growing our social mission through the Life is Good Kids Foundation. We offer top quality Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Transit or Parking Reimbursement Accounts, Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, 401(k) with matching funds, Vacation, 10 paid holidays, Personal Time, Good Vibes Time and Family Time. We have furry friends in the office. Allergy alert!
Life is Good is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender orientation or expression, marital status or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic under applicable federal or state law.
Generate is a digital strategy agency that specializes in viral content, personal branding, social growth, and product marketing. We create the viral videos and trends you see and read about.
We operate with a lean, startup mentality. Therefore, this is a dynamic position with no "set tasks" each day, although we will set goals.
- Calendar Management
- Scheduling of meetings, calls, and events
- Manage and respond to emails and calls
- Run errands
- Assist company CEO with daily company activities
- Self-starter with ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Pleasant, polite, ethical, and enthusiastic
- Very organized
- Very comfortable with Mac/PC and third party technologies
- Base Salary
- Loose vacation policy
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!