Petrologist Job Description Sample
Responsible for the daily plant operation at the Lake Charles LNG Terminal include maintaining safety and environmental compliance. This position assumes full responsibility for terminal operations on weekends and non-business hours.
Facility responsibilities include the LNG Storage and Vaporization Unit, the Natural Gas Liquids Recovery Unit, the Air Vaporization Unit, two ship docking facilities, and all facility utility systems. The position is responsible for the direct supervision of seven non-exempt positions. There are four positions that handle Terminal operation responsibilities on a rotating shift basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
1.Supervise, train, counsel and develop direct reports including administration of job progression for C, B, A and Senior Controllers for the LNG, AVU, and NGL systems.
2.Supervise day-to-day facility operations to meet required production rates and monitors operating data to maximize production and operating efficiency. Ensure that regulatory environmental and safety standards are maintained. Interact with Trunkline Gas Company and Petrologistics to coordinate gas and liquid deliveries.
3.Supervise the unloading of ships, which include preparation of the Terminal for arrival and departure. Act as the "Person-In-Charge" of the facility during all unloadings and represents the company with all operators, agencies, and agents regarding ship operations. Work with ship and third party groups to finalize custody transfer related to cargo transfer.
4.Direct emergency response activities as required by the Emergency Response Plan. Act as the IC during at the onset of any emergencies pending establishment of an IC system and transfer of command responsibilities.
5.Plan and oversee the removal from service of terminal equipment and systems for repair or modification by the Maintenance Department as necessary. Ensure a safe work environment for these activities by isolating, deinventorying, gas freeing, and locking out equipment as needed.
6.Develop, review, and maintain all standard operating procedures for the Terminal. In addition, develop special procedures as required to support safe operations during abnormal operating conditions or as need to support maintenance and project needs.
7.Make regulatory notifications as required regarding unauthorized environmental releases.
8.Schedule operations personnel to ensure adequate staffing are maintained for all shift requirements.
9.Ensure all operating parameters are maintained within the limits of the design of the equipment, and the established operational procedures.
10. Review, comment on and approve all changes proposed to the facilities that require Management of Change Authorization.
11. Oversee the completion of all preventative maintenance items assigned to Operations, shift rounds to identify any operational issues, and all routine activities assigned to the Operations Department.
12. Ensure that all operational, equipment, safety and/or environmental issues are appropriately reported and investigated as needed. This includes but is not limited to the utilization of the Incident Management system, environmental notifications, and operational upset or equipment failure investigations.
13. Interface directly with the Maintenance Managers in identifying needs, establishing priorities and planning work.
14. Direct Operations Department activities in the absence of the Director, Operations.
High school diploma or GED; Associates degree in a technical discipline preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of degree
Minimum of eight years of LNG, gas processing or equivalent operating experience
Two years of experience in a supervisory role or in a progressive role in the LNG discipline preferred
Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
Ability to identify and resolve operational issues through clear and thoughtful direction to team
Previous experience managing budgets preferred
Ability to analyze, report, and communicate recommendations to management concerning operational matters
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!