Physical Education Teacher Job Description Sample
Physical Education Teacher
We are currently seeking P.E. Teachers to work Full Time with students from grades K-5 in the Harrisburg area for the 2017-2018 SY. All candidates must possess a PA Physical Education Teaching Cert.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
• Must have excellent references.
• Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
• Must enjoy working with children.
• Consultation and collaboration.
• Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
• Facilitating student access to curricular and extracurricular activities.
• Develop individualized and/or group instruction to meet the diverse needs of students.
• Provide transitional support in inclusive/integrated learning environments as an aide to designated students.
• Assist in development of and provide continued support in students’ Individual Education Programs (IEP’s).
• Reevaluate IEP’s when necessary.
• Family-school collaboration services.
• Willing to accept responsibilities beyond regular classroom duties.
• Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
• Research and program evaluations.
• Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.
Humanus is ultimately about people -- working with people in order to work for people.
Adapted Physical Education Teacher
Adapted Physical Education Teacher (Charter Schools)
East Los Angeles
Our APE position includes direct services and assessments. APE teachers working for TES are usually assigned 2-3 sites per day. Caseloads are manageable to ensure that students receive quality services that address their needs. New grads and current credential students are.... WELCOME!
Our Team Includes
Total Education Solutions is passionate about special education and believes in achieving success.
- Commitment to quality and excellence
- Schedules tailored around your needs
- Team approach to problem-solving
- Competitive wages based on your proficiencies and skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Passing CBEST score in all subject areas
- Valid credential or authorization in Adapted Physical Education OR
- Enrolled in an Adapted Physical Education Specialist Credential Program
- We offer varied caseloads
- Competitive Rates
- Benefits package for FT employees including:medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, continuing education benefits, mileage reimbursement, and paid vacation and sick leave,
- Flexible schedules
- Mentoring for new graduates
- Rewarding career with multiple growth opportunities
Physical Education Teacher
We are seeking a Physical Education Teacher to join our team! You will educate students in one or more subjects at the secondary level in public or private schools.
- Manage and educate students in a gymnasium/classroom setting
- Develop and implement engaging lesson plans
- Adhere to established teaching curriculum
- Maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Document and share student grades and evaluations
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Previous experience in teaching/coaching
- Strong classroom management skills
- Ability to build rapport with students
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
Physical Education Teacher
Permanent Full Time
Reports to: Academy Principal
Our Compensation and Benefits: Salaries are competitive and based off both experience and education. We offer a comprehensive benefits package/options that include health, dental, 401(k) retirement plan and supplemental insurance options.
Essential Duties and
Responsible for classroom instruction and management, and the following:
- Prepares course objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements set by the Academy Board and state.
- Instructs, demonstrates and uses audiovisual teaching aids to present subject matter to class.
- Coordinates class field trips.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Uses a variety of instructional strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil progress and interpret the school program.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards and interest centers.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Prepares, administers and corrects tests, recording results.
- Keeps attendance and grade records as required by Academy.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with school and state testing program.
- Evaluates the academic and social growth of pupils, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
Discipline & Counseling
- Teaches and enforces Academy rules of conduct and behavior.
- Maintains order in classroom and on playground.
- Maintains classroom in a neat and clean manner.
- Reports needed repairs and maintenance to the Administrative Office.
- Counsels students when emotional or academic problems arise.
- Discusses pupils’ academic achievement and behavior with parents.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Coordinates the work of Paraprofessionals and volunteers in classroom.
- Attends staff meetings and other Academy-related events and activities.
- Attends conferences and seminars and presents information to staff.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the Academy and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in education.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Shall possess a valid State of Michigan Teaching Certificate with the appropriate endorsement(s) for all subject area(s) being taught.
- Must have evidence of meeting highly qualified requirements, as defined by No Child Left Behind.
Global Educational Excellence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GEE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GEE expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GEE’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
It is the goal of GEE to graduate students with the skills and character traits needed to be successful in college, work and life.
We invite you to experience the GEE difference!
Physical Education Teacher K-8
Text JOBS to (616) 631-6186 to learn more
EXCELLENCE IS CHOICE.
Our real masterpiece is the unleashing of human potential. While our main focus is on creating the conditions of success for children to achieve their dreams, we also focus on developing one another through meaningful relationships, challenging work, constructive feedback, sound professional training, and a true commitment to nurturing the career path of each team member.
Physical Education Teacher, Grades K-8
20001 Wexford St
Detroit, MI 48234
To provide students with a first class learning experience, contributing to their development as responsible citizens and leaders in their communities.
TO JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM
To apply, please visit: http://www.applitrack.com/choice/onlineapp.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.Choice Schools Associates LLC is an Education Service Provider for charter schools in Michigan and is the employer.
CSA always strives to meet three fundamental and unchanging standards:
Significantly improve students’ academic achievement
Delight parents and ensure high levels of satisfaction
Create a safe, secure learning environmen
Physical Education Teacher
PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER Buffalo Academy of Science Charter School (Buffalo, NY) seeks middle school Physical Education Teacher to plan and implement instruction to ensure that all students meet and exceed the states standards in physical education. Complete job description found at http://www.bascs.org/apps/jobs/. Req:
Bachelors degree in Physical Education, Health or a related field and 2 years of experience as Physical Education Teacher to include physical education curriculum development. Email resumes to Jay Recep Ornek at ornekbascs.org
Physical Education Teacher
New York State Certification required in content area.
Effective Date: February 1, 2018 Salary: In accordance with the PPSTA contract Reference Posting POK17-18-123 in correspondence Appropriate NYS Certification Required Please apply online and you will be directed to our website to finish application.
Attach a cover letter and resume by 11/27/2017 to: Mid-Hudson Cooperative Recruitment Program c/o Dutchess County BOCES 5 BOCES Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 845.486.4957; FAX 845.486.4827 EOE- Include Ref. 1718/182 Poughkeepsie Journal. Keywords: Physical Education (PE) Teacher, Location: Poughkeepsie, NY - 12601
Special Education Teacher - Physical Education
Our commitment to treat the minds, bodies, and spirits of all our patients is what makes us unique.
Teacher - Special Education Teacher / ABA Teacher
All Boroughs Available For Special Ed Teachers and/or ABA Teachers
ABA PROVIDERS-- AFTER SCHOOL HOURS to work with students with Autism providing ABA services. Looking for teachers in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens,and NYC.
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHERS--AFTER SCHOOL HOURS to work with students in tutoring to remediate the gaps. Cases available in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, and NYC.
1) Must have NEW YORK STATE Special Education certification or TSHH/TSSLD for tutoring. ABA providers must have training, experience, certification, and/or RBT in Applied Behavior Analysis.
2) Must NOT currently work for the DOE
3)Must be able to work after school hours
4) Must know AND have experience implementing ABA including data collection
5) Must be able to start immediately
- Seeking NYS Certified Special Education teachers to work after school in the student's home providing ABA and/or tutoring to students with Autism or other disabilities.
- The hours are AFTER SCHOOL. Great for teachers who work during the day who want to make extra money after school.
- Make your own schedule after school with the families
- Students are between the ages of 5-21 years.
- Very competitive pay
- Candidates CANNOT BE employed by the DOE
- Resume required
- Please DO NOT apply if you DO NOT meet the above requirements.
Early Education Preschool Teacher / Infant Toddler Teacher
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Early Childhood Education (ECE), the Teacher of Early Education is responsible for providing for the children a warm, caring, calm, orderly, safe and healthy environment in the classroom assigned in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Early Education program.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Demonstrate a passion and commitment for the Mission and Vincentian Core Values of Maryvale and the Daughters of Charity.
Create an atmosphere of enthusiasm and energetic commitment and serve as a role model in carrying out the Mission.
Promote and support the attitudes, behaviors, knowledge and skills necessary to work respectfully and effectively with each other as well as demonstrate the ability to address the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
Follow the Trauma Informed Care philosophy when supporting and addressing the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
Utilize Trauma Informed Care approach in recognizing the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledge the role that trauma has played in the lives of the clients/residents.
Assist in the healing process by developing appropriate RICH® (Respect, Information, Connection and Hope) relationships with those served.
Follow Universal Precautions when exposed to blood and body fluids.
Follow Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) regulations pertaining to safety and the use of equipment/machinery.
Support Maryvale’s Performance and Quality Improvement Plan and participate in discussion regarding department or program goals, data collection and/or analysis.
- Plans and organizes the classroom to ensure a warm, orderly, and healthy learning environment to meet the emotional, social, physical and cognitive needs of each child.
Arrange a classroom environment in accordance to program goals and Maryvale’s philosophy.
- Provides daily activities for the children in consideration of their developmental level and the day care curriculum. Where applicable, planning and implementation of activities must be done with assigned co-teacher and /or aide.
- Ensures that children assigned to his/her care are properly supervised at all times.
- Ensures that health and safety standards are maintained e.g. changing diapers, keeping materials and equipment in safe order.
- Meets with parents periodically and informs supervisor of issues discussed and/or agreed action items regarding a child; ensures that parent inquiries are responded to immediately.
- Works towards own professional growth through workshops, reading, classes.
- Attends in-services training, staff meetings, discussion groups.
- Maintains regular records on children e.g. daily sheets, behavioral observations.
- Communicates immediately with Director regarding situations needing special handling.
- Works in cooperation with other associates to strive for team cohesiveness.
- Exhibit exceptional patience and empathy.
Maintain anecdotal records.
- Have a pleasant, gentle and unhurried demeanor.
- Use mental faculties to problem-solve and make sound judgments in all areas affecting the major life activities of the children under his/her care; prevent and/or intervene in physical crisis situations; hear and see interactions among children; when necessary, call for assistance and /or respond to emergency situations.
- Performs related functions as may be assigned.
- AA degree is preferred, but at a minimum, the completion of 12 Child Development/ECE units. An Infant/Toddler class is required.
- At least one (1) year infant/pre-school day care teaching and/or management experience.
- Maryvale strives to hire the best-in-class teachers: individuals who possess a genuine passion for caring for children and a strong set of communication and interpersonal skills. We are seeking positive parent-teacher communicators who are interested in a sense of ownership over curriculum and the center's culture.
- Class B-P license desired.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk, or hear. The associate is often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Associate may occasionally be required to drive a motor vehicle.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!