Physical Education Teacher Job Description Sample
Physical Education Teacher
CalWest Educators Placement is partnering with Sea Crest School, who seeks a dynamic and experienced K-6th Grade Physical Education Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year.
The Physical Education Teacher is responsible for planning and daily instruction in physical education for students in kindergarten through fifth grade, as well as instruction in Health and Wellness for sixth grade. In addition, the teacher is responsible for providing a classroom management system compatible with the school’s philosophy and differentiating instruction to meet student needs.
- Create and execute a comprehensive and innovative K-5th Physical Education program.
- Create and execute the 6th grade Health & Wellness curriculum; coordinates with the 7th/8th grade Health & Wellness Teacher to ensure programmatic cohesion and continuity.
- Prepare and execute thoughtful units of study designed to reach the different learning styles of the students in the classroom.
- Regularly assess student learning using a variety of tools and means, while maintaining regular communication with parents and administrators about student progress.
- Maintain a safe and engaging learning environment.
- Consistently and clearly communicate with colleagues, administrators and parents regarding student issues.
- Coach at least one athletic team per season
- Attend regular weekly faculty meetings
- Attend and assist with assemblies and special events, some of which occur outside of normal school hours
- Actively participate in all in-service and orientation days
- Bachelor’s degree
- Teaching credential or Master’s degree preferred
- Experience teaching elementary physical education, preferably in an independent school setting
- Experience working as an athletic coach
Salary and Benefits
The salary is competitive and commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
About Sea Crest School
Our institution is a K-8 independent school located in Half Moon Bay, CA. Our community of educators believes in fostering an atmosphere of excellence and joy as we prepare our pupils to succeed in school and life.
Sea Crest is a K-8 coed independent day school enrolling 280 students from the San Mateo County coastal and inland communities. Average class size is 18 students. The curriculum is challenging and creative, providing in-depth units of study. Students have the advantage of daily physical education, as well as enrichment classes in Spanish, art, drama, music and technology integrated within the weekly schedule.
Sea Crest School is dedicated to providing the best in innovative education to inspire and empower our learners to engage curiosity, express creativity, act with compassion and lead with courage.
UAC – Physical Education Teacher (Ft)
Responsible for the physical progress of assigned students, as well as planning instruction, setting goals, implementing curriculum, communicating standards, achievements and deficiencies to students. Administers appropriate testing in a timely manner. Prepares materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations. Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, physical abilities and special needs. Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field from an accredited College/University. Must have a Florida State Teacher’s Certification AND a Certification to teach English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). Must be bilingual (English/Spanish).
2018-2019 Health And Physical Education Teacher
2018-2019 Health and Physical Education Teacher Newport News Public Schools 12507 Warwick Boulevard Newport News, VA 23606 Instructional
Teacher Position is responsible for creating a classroom environment that fosters, promotes and develops an understanding of the relationship of healthy body function and exercise; that motivates each student to cultivate physical fitness, and appropriate social and emotional adjustment; that discovers and develop talents of students in physical achievement; and that develops strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each student’s ability. Must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or a related field and meet the Virginia Department of Education licensure eligibility requirements to teach physical education.
Must be eligible for, or in possession or an appropriate Virginia teaching license. Must possess ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the public.
In order to review the full job description, please go to the following website: http://sbo.nn.k12.va.us/hr/jobs/descriptions/Health_and_PE_Tchr.pdf Salary subject to change based upon School Board approval of FY 2019 budget. The Newport News Public Schools prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy and childbirth, marital status or any other basis prohibited by law. (Reference: School Board Policies 2-33, 4-4, and 4-6). Job Number: 3700112045 Open Date: 11/28/2017 Closing Date: 12/31/2018 Reports To: Principal
- Duty Days:* 192 Salary Rate Range: $43, 250 - $70, 219
Physical Education Teacher
Responsible for developing and implementing physical and health education programs. Evaluates general physical education curriculum for appropriateness while utilizing adapted physical education information.
Designs achievement-based physical education programs based on current abilities and needs of students.
Develops appropriate adapted physical education IEP goals and objectives.
Evaluates and updates student progress of performance in physical education setting.
Teaches health and hygiene classes with age-specific content.
Requires Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Requires current and active license in Physical Education (530) issued by the State of WI Department of Public Instruction. Adaptive Physical Education license (860) preferred.
Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities. We are an equal opportunity employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. M/F/D/V ID: 2018-4923 Company: The Richardson School External Company Name: Oconomowoc Residential Programs External Company URL: www.orp.com
Physical Education Teacher
• ARKPORT CENTRAL SCHOOL HAS AN ANTICIPATED OPENING FOR A:
• LONG-TERM SUBSTITUTE, CERTIFIED PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER
• Beginning Approximately April 16, 2018 through June 21, 2018. Interested candidates should forward a resume, transcripts, proof of certification and three reference letters to the attention of: Meg Khork, Human Resources
• 35 East Avenue, Arkport, NY 14807
Physical Education Teacher
SCO Family of Services provides expert care to children, youth and adults with special needs through a broad continuum of services that unlock potential and help them lead full and productive lives. Our Tyree Learning Center , a New York State certified special education school designed to accommodate the children’s needs, is looking for aPhysical Education (PE) Teacherto join the team!. * * Essential Functions:
Create and implement daily lesson plans for physical education for students with developmental disabilities.
Responsible for overall operation of the Adapted Physical Education Program, the students and the staff assigned to the Adapted Physical Education Program. Maintain supplies and equipment that pertain to physical education.
Create and implement IEP goals and objectives for each student.
Maintain and keep records of quarterly and yearly progress for each student.
Evaluate and assess each student’s level in physical education skills.
Attend and participate in faculty meetings, in-service trainings, team conferences, and outside professional development conferences and maintain on-going contact with outside agencies/persons as needed.
Implement Behavior Intervention Plans, as needed, in conjunction with classroom staff during class time. This position is located in Sea Cliff, NY (Northern Nassau County) * NYS Certification in Special Education/Physical Education required. Experience with special needs population preferred
Knowledge of NYS PE standards and their implementation., * Acceptable clearance checks for State Central Register, Driver License and criminal background checks as required by the program.
Compliance with SED and agency regulations/policies.
Job:PHYS. ED. TEACHER
Title:Physical Education Teacher
Location:New York-Nassau-Sea Cliff
Physical Education Teacher
Physical Education Teacher (Grades K-12)
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' physical skills and abilities, strength, agility, poise, coordination, and teamwork; to develop students' understanding of the importance of exercise to physical and mental well-being; and to motivate students to work towards, physical fitness, hygiene, and good health.
- Develops and administers Physical Education classes consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Teaches knowledge of, and develops skills and abilities in, physical fitness, rhythm and dance, coordination and agility, exercise, and sports,
- Develops students' concepts in leadership, teamwork, responsibility and social skills; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and appropriate feedback to regarding student progress, expectations, and goals.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student growth and progress in physical educational activities, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Assists in coordinating extra-curricular activities, including student performances, assembles, and athletic events.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within physical education and grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Inspects equipment and field areas used to ensure they are in good and safe working order.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current physical education instructional methods, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding education and students, as well as relating to health education.
- Knowledge of physiology, health and nutrition, biology and biological functions, anatomy, hygiene, exercise, and best ways to promote physical and mental well-being.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Masters Degree preferred.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.
Physical Education Teacher
· Plan and deliver instruction using the most efficient and effective methodology for the students assigned.
· Employ strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of sensory and perceptual motor skills, language, cognition and memory.
· Teach socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement.
· Modify the general education curriculum for students based upon a variety of instructional techniques and technologies.
· Implement the approved-course curriculum.
· Confer with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers, and professionals to develop individual educational plans designed to promote each student’s educational, physical and social development.
· Meet with parents and/or guardians to discuss their children’s progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs.
· Implement modifications in a student’s plan as required.
· Support children’s emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and a positive self-image.
· Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
· Utilize preventive discipline methodology with students.
· Consult with other school staff as necessary to complete the functions of the position.
· Complete written reports and assigned administrative tasks related to these functions, such as student’s progress in educational, physical and social development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Imagine Schools Six Measures of Excellence in the execution of duties.
- Model positive character virtues and habits. Assist students in developing positive moral and performance character attributes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by
· Licenses & Certifications: State certification and endorsement in assigned area.
· Experience: 1-2 years successful teaching experience
· Knowledge, Ability &
Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills; ability to perform independently. Ability to remain pleasant and helpful under sometimes-stressful circumstances. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask when necessary. Knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations and statutes and theory and practice of student learning styles. Ability to communicate cooperatively and constructively with other staff, students and parents in a multi-cultural environment.
2018-2019 Physical Education Teacher Grades 9-12
2018-2019 Physical Education Teacher Grades 9-12 Cheyenne HS Las Vegas, NV Licensed
CheyenneHigh School is the pride of North Las Vegas. Built in 1991, it is the home of excellence and the quintessential picture of community involvement.
Cheyenne High School has over 2200 students whose families stay engaged through programs such as Fathers and Father Figures Nights and Noches De Empoderamiento. Cheyenne’s students engage their community through many community service projects. Cyber Security, Robotics, and the "Soundtrack of North Las Vegas" Marching Band attract students to Cheyenne,
just as much as Cheyenne'sstate champion Flag Football team and our highly successful Track and Field, Bowling, and Varsity Basketball teams.
Cheyenne High School teachers experience a highly collaborative work environment where common planning, common assessments, and teamwork are the norm.
Cheyenne is truly living its mission- preparing students to pursue their goals in a diverse and ever changing technological society. Please check out our
GREAT school Here ! PAC/REQ 0114-1819 Subject Physical Education Teacher Job Number: 5300041260 Open Date: 01/17/2018
Adapted Physical Education Teacher
Full-time Adapted Physical Education Teacher
We are currently seeking to hire a Full time Adapted Physical Education Teacher to provide school based services to students in grades K-12 at our special education day school.
The Adapted Physical Education Teacher will develop curriculum, conduct assessments, and programming for students in accordance to the student's individual IEP goals. Responsibilities will include facilitating program design, ecology of learning, and dialogue for action. In addition, the Adaptive Physical Education Teacher will provide supervision and training for associates, 1:1 aides, interns, volunteers, and other trainees in conjunction with the teacher specialists.
About Us: The Westmoreland Academy – Non-Public School, offers a unique specialty program for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) based on the belief that extraordinary students require an extraordinary program. At Westmoreland Academy, we recognize that people with Autism Spectrum Disorders are, by their very nature, unique. That is why our educators, clinicians, and administrators approach each student's educational programming with creativity, flexibility and expertise. The Institute for the Redesign of Learning (IRL) - Westmoreland Academy provides educational programs for students that integrate academics, life skills, self-management and social skills while successfully restoring the capacity of thousands of children, adults, caregivers and educators to become competent, caring, and contributing members of society.
Must hold a BA Degree in Physical Education or related field; must hold a valid PE teaching credential; must have completed or be enrolled in a Adapted Physical Education Specialist Credential program and be eligible for an APE added certification. Experience with special education preferred.
If you enjoy working with children, and are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to the following Career Agent:
In addition, we also provide employment opportunities for SchoolPsychologist, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathology; Please contact us at your earliest convenience.
The Institute for the Redesign of Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!