Physical Therapist Job Description Sample
Licensed Physical Therapist Or Physical Therapist Assistant
We have openings for NYS LICENSED or LIMITED PERMIT Physical Therapist OR
NYS LICENSED or LIMITED PERMIT Physical Therapist Assistants - Full or Part time
New graduates or temporary licenses are welcome but experienced Physical Therapists are preferred.
We are a growing and very busy physical therapist owned Outpatient Orthopedic physical therapy clinic.
Our treatments are manual therapy and massage based.
We require RELIABLE, PROFESSIONAL, SELF-MOTIVATED and energetic individuals that are committed to patient care.
Must have EXCELLENT writing and speaking skills.
Bilingual ability is a plus but not required.
Physical Therapist / Assistant Physical Therapist
Small physical therapy clinic specialized in women's health, pelvic health and postpartum recovery seeks a physical therapist or assistant physical therapist to join dedicated team. Part time applicants considered. Must be willing to learn, help market and tolerate fluid work environment and challenging cases. Virginia license required or willingness for contingent employment w/i reasonable time to acquire licensure. Compensation commensurate with experience and education.
What makes our environment unique?
1) Inspiring purpose
2) Creative / dynamic work environment
3) Respect for its people
4) Secure employment
5) Leaders who will support professional and personal development
To apply : please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Licensed Physical Therapist / Physical Therapist Assistant
Physical Therapist/Physical Therapy Assistant
A great opportunity for a PT and/or a PTA interested in working in a school environment!
We are currently seeking a NYS licensed Physical Therapist and a Physical Therapy Assistant to provide therapy services to children in two school programs located in the Red Hook/Rhinebeck, NY area (Dutchess County). There is an experienced, supportive therapy team... a great opportunity for a new PT graduate or a pediatric experienced PTA interested in a pediatric setting! We are open to hiring full-time and/or part-time for these positions. New grad PT applicants are welcome to apply. PTA applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of pediatric experience.
The school programs run September thru June with a 6 week summer program (July 1 thru mid August). Schedule: M-F, 8am-4pm.
In addition to the school programs, there are also management opportunities for the Physical Therapist as well as afternoon and early evening per diem positions available for PTs or PTAs in the Hudson Valley area.
We offer competative salaries with options of health insurance coverage, AFLAC, paid time-off, life insurance and continuing education stipends.
Interested applicants please forward resume and contact information via email or feel free to call for more information.
Thanks for looking!
Physical Therapist / Physical Therapist Assistant / Limited Permit PT
We are seeking Physical Therapist/ Physical therapist Assistant/ Limited Permit PT/ Occupational therapist/ Certified Occupational therapist assistant to join our team!
- New York, NY
- Develop and implement physical therapy programs that focus on rehabilitation
- Work directly with patients to achieve maximum physical recovery
- Evaluate effects of therapy treatment and communicate patients' progress
- Record and document patient care services
- Collaborate with other team personnel to achieve well-rounded care
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
We offer the following benefits:
Paid Sick Leave
Paid Major Holidays
Medical and Dental Insurance
Please call or email us or visit us for a quick job placement!
708 3rd Avenue 5th floor
New York NY 10017
T: 212-951-0430 Ext 1
Physical Therapist Or Physical Therapist Assistant
We are in need of a PRN PT or PTA to help cover our 6 Indianapolis area buildings . We offer excellent PRN rates and flexible scheduling. Sky Rehab provides therapy services for 17 Skilled Nursing Facilities through out Indiana owned by our parent company Chosen Healthcare. Sky Rehab is focused on creating a positive and flexible work environment to enable our therapists to provide outstanding patient care.
Call or email:
Alex Stoughton, COTA
Recruiting and Marketing Specialist/Project Manager
Summary of Position:
The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats patients/residents, maintains documentation of services provided in the medical record and communicates with patients/residents, physicians, family members, caregivers and other team members. Physical Therapists are responsible for conducting in-services and training to staff members, family members and care givers in restorative techniques. The Physical Therapist may provide supervision to Physical Therapist students, Physical Therapist Assistant students, and Rehab Aides/Techs. The Physical Therapist reports to the Facility Director of Rehabilitation for general supervision.
· Identifies, evaluates and treats patients/residents based upon the physician referral.
· Develops effective treatment plans and obtains approval for services from referring physician.
· Establishes functional and measurable outcomes within the treatment plan and treats according to the treatment plan.
· Ensures compliance of the physician's order.
· Provides direct patient/treatment care according to established Plan of Care.
· Supervises students, assistants and aides in direct patient/resident care according to applicable state practice acts.
· Screens patients/residents based on identified needs.
· Provides educational, medical and professional consultations.
· Coordinates and provides to patient/resident, staff, family members and care givers training in restorative techniques and assigns patient care activities to appropriate personnel.
· Communicates with supervisor and other appropriate staff members regarding the progress, concerns and plans of the patient/resident.
· Participates in Interdisciplinary Meetings, patient/resident care plan meetings and other meetings as requested by the facility Director of Rehabilitation.
· Records clinical documentation in the medical record according to accepted regulatory and professional guidelines.
· Oversees clinical documentation of supervised staff.
· Acquires necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients/residents.
· Bills appropriately for documented services rendered.
· Participates in Quality Improvement programs.
The Physical Therapist must have graduated from an accredited program with a Bachelor's degree or higher in Physical Therapy and must possess and maintain a valid and current license in the state of practice as required.
Employee Code of Ethics:
The code of ethics is for the guidance and protection of every employee and in the best interest of the residents and the Company. Every employee is considered a member of the patient care team and will be bound by the following code of ethics:
1. Contribute all you can toward the welfare, care, comfort and morale of our residents. Always keep upper most in your mind that without residents, you would have no work. Dedicate yourself to serving others in your role on the resident care team.
2. Be courteous and kind to your residents and all others with whom you come in contact with while on duty. Your success is based on giving helpful and considerate attention to the needs of every resident, the resident's family, and your fellow employees.
3. Be sympathetic. Our residents are most responsive to a sincere and friendly interest in them, which will enhance their recovery. Do not show favoritism to any resident, as all deserve the same good, equal care and treatment.
4. Do not discuss a resident's condition with visitors, with another patient, or anyone not directly involved in a treatment of the resident. You will learn many things of a highly confidential nature, which must never go outside the facility, or even be discussed with your fellow employees. Never repeat a diagnosis or the name of a resident outside the facility. Never allow a patient or any person not directly and professionally connected to the case to read a resident's record. Refer all inquiries of a confidential nature to the physician in charge of the case or the Administrator, the Director of Nurses or your supervisor.
5. Always maintain a positive, professional attitude while on duty. Show respect toward other staff members, residents and their families, visitors and all other persons you have contact with in the workplace.
6. Maintain a safe working environment.
a. Employees will report and/or correct any unsafe equipment and conditions to their supervisor or the Administrator immediately.
b. All accidents, however minor must be immediately reported to your supervisor. An Employee Accident- Incident Report must be completed. Pre-existing conditions will be reported to the supervisor and in the Accident-Incident Report.
c. Universal Precautions will be observed.
d. Follow established fire/safety/disaster plans as set by the facility.
7. Maintain professionalism. Your dress is a reflection of the Company and should be neat and clean. You are permitted to wear scrubs, athletic wear, and casual or dress pants with modest tops. You are required to wear a name badge at all times. Friday is casual day and ironed jeans without excessive wear are permitted. Shorts, sandals, open toe shoes, tanks tops and T-shirts are not permitted. Good personal hygiene is expected.
Able to work in office areas and throughout the facility. Must be able to stand, walk, sit, twist, lift and carry, bend, stoop, push and pull during working hours. Will be required to use arm and leg muscles frequently for extended amounts of time as well as back muscles at times. Must be able to lift a patient with or without assistance using proper body mechanics weighing 51+ pounds. Will be at times required to work in hot, cold and/or wet surroundings both indoors and outdoors. Will work at times with or near chemicals and radiation sources. May be exposed to infectious diseases, waste, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and hepatitis B viruses. Will at times use hand tools and operate a vehicle. Must be able to work with the disabled, ill and elderly. Able to diffuse emotionally upset and at times, hostile people within the facility. Realizes the potential for cuts and bruises. Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
Physical Therapist Or Physical Therapist Assistant
Anchor Home Health Care is looking for a PRN Evaluating Physical Therapists to service Saint Joseph County, IN.
A field Physical Therapist is a qualified professional who directs, supervises, evaluates, and provides physical therapy services to patients in the home as prescribed by the physician. He/she is responsible for: (1) providing skilled therapy care to acutely ill, and/or chronically ill patients in the home: (2) recording clinical and progress notes: and (3) coordinating other patient care activities/services to provide the highest quality of patient care.
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state of Indiana.
- Has graduated from a physical therapy curriculum approved by:
- The American Physical Therapy Association, or
- The Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association, or
- The Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association and the American Physical Therapy Association
- Competitive Salary
- Direct Deposit
YOU ARE INVITED!
Contact us to discuss opportunities with Anchor, even if you are not seeking immediate employment. We can answer you questions and discuss your needs. Also, please tell a colleague or friend about this job posting.
Come and join our family of quality healthcare professionals!
Anchor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Physical Therapist & Physical Therapist Assistant
Setting: Private Outpatient Practice – Sports / Orthopedic.
We are in immediate need for a staff level Physical Therapist (PT) &Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) for our state of the art outpatient facility to work and grow in.
We are focused on hands on therapy and therefore offer an excellent therapist to patient ratio, state of the art equipment and superb ancillary staff.
Fun and flexible environment with a lot of opportunity for advancement. Top salary and benefits package.
Salary is based on experience.
New Grads and experienced PT’s encouraged to apply.
Must have a current PT or PTA license or soon to be licensed in the state of MD.
Sorry, No H1B sponsorships available for this position.
For immediate consideration please e-mail your resume TODAY!
All communications are held strictly confidential.
It is our mission to assist you in finding the perfect position that meets your goals and needs. We will provide you with as much assistance as you want throughout the interview process including but not limited to: interview preparation, salary negotiations, benefits negotiations, market data, etc.
HMS, Inc. will NEVER share your resume or your information with any client without your prior approval. It is very important to us that you know exactly where your resume is being sent BEFORE it is sent. Our communications will be strictly confidential from current employers!
If you are looking for your first position out of school or you are an experienced Therapist please contact us today and let us show you how we can help. Have a great day, HMS, Inc.
Physical Therapist / Occupational Therapist - Supervisor Of Rehab Serv
Physical Therapist / Occupational Therapist - Supervisor of Rehab Services We have an exceptional opportunity for an Occupational Therapist or a Physical Therapist in the Portland area. This individual will have the opportunity to work in a great hospital as a Supervisor of Rehab Services within the Portland, OR area. Job Information (PT / OT - Supervisor of Rehab Services): ·Top pay in the area ·Excellent Benefits Package ·Relocation assistance depending on experience ·Sign-on bonus depending on experience ·Interviewing immediately for PERMANENT positions ·Full-Time ·Great Culture ·Room for Career Growth ·Great Management Job Requirements (PT / OT - Supervisor of
Hand Therapist - Occupational Therapist Or Physical Therapist - Outpatient
Seeking to fill a full-time or part-time Hand Therapist position in an outpatient therapy clinic. This Hand Therapy position can be filled by a Physical Therapist or an Occupational Therapist. The ideal Hand Therapy candidate would be interested in 20-32 hours, but this may be flexible. In addition, the ideal Hand Therapist would be a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) however we are willing to look at hand therapy of all abilities and experience levels. The Hand Therapist can be a Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist as long as they have experience in hand therapy. The hand therapist would work in a small office with a doctor that specializes in hands. Both full time and part time Hand Therapists (OT OR PT) will be considered. This outpatient Therapy Clinic is a privately owned company (not a corporation) and are a stable company that gives good treatment and has a good reputation in the area and have been in business many years, therefore the Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist will experience job stability.
Some of the Outpatient Hand Therapist:
-Paid time off 5 weeks per year!
-Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance
-401k with employer contribution of 25 cents on the dollar
-Continuing Education is flexible $500 to $3000 depending on what it is.
-Salary will depend on experience.
Requirements for the Outpatient Hand Therapist position:
--We will accept hand therapist candidates of any ability level as long as they have some experience with hand therapy. However, a certified as a hand therapist ( CHT ) would be very welcome.
--Must have a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy or Physical Therapy and a license to practice OT OR PT in the state.
--Must also either be a US Citizen or have your green card -- no exceptions.
We will be emailing all Hand Therapy Candidates with follow-up questions, so please be watching your email that you used to apply to this position.
Other Keywords: Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, OT, OTR, OTR/L, PT, RPT, DPT, outpatient, out patient, clinic, outpatient clinic, out patient clinic, Hand Therapist, Certified Hand Therapist, CHT.
Therapist / Physical Therapist Job In Lodi, California
Job Description: Director of Rehab
- PT Physical Therapist
Director of Rehabilitation / DOR needed for provider of skilled nursing. The ideal candidate will be a PT / Physical Therapist with management experience and a strong geriatric background to be considered.
The PT / Physical Therapist will be the primary representative of company at the facility, promoting policies and clinical programs to meet the customer's expectations, to attract and retain employees, and to contribute to clinical improvement of patients/residents.
Qualifications: Director of Rehab
PT Physical Therapist
- Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate of Science degree in area of PT / Physical Therapist
- Current license in state of practice as a PT / Physical Therapist
- Excellent interpersonal, fiscal, and clinical skills
- Computer proficient
STD/LTD/401 retirement options
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!