Piedmont Job Description Sample
Building Inspector Housing Home Inspector Maintenance
Premium Properties & Development (www.premiumpd.com), established in 2002, is a full service property management and real estate investment & development firm. Currently, we manage over 800 (mostly residential) units in the Berkeley and Oakland areas.
We are currently seeking to hire a full time experienced Housing Inspector to fill the open position. The job includes inspecting the buildings daily, monthly and all individual units annually to comply with the residential housing safety program, identify deferred maintenance, code violations and health and safety issues. The position will also help identify and develop solutions to solve complex maintenance problems.
Working much of the time out in the field, the position conducts both simple and in-depth inspections of the structures and all their components from building envelop, drainage, utilities, systems and components, ect.
To qualify, you must possess two years of journey level experience as a building or housing inspector or four (4) years of experience in sub-journey level building or housing inspection activities, or such as a housing inspector or have certifications a recognized professional trade association such as ASHI, CREIA, NHIA, ICC. or have 10 years as a general contractor.
• CA Driver's License, smart phone and a working and reliable Vehicle. (We provide monthly reimbursement) and must live in the general vicinity.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience "hands on" construction background. Extra consideration to those with multi-trade experience such as a general contractor.
• Candidates with Inspection certification from a recognized professional trade association such as ASHI, CREIA, NHIA, ICC.
• Basic proficiency with a variety of computer interfaces and software including word processing, databases, internet and email.
• Good written and verbal skills; interpersonal skills relating to customer service are necessary.
• Possessing a full range of physical abilities essential for various tasks including but not limited to: climbing ladders, being on roofs, climbing stairs, crawling through tight spaces, bending, kneeling, squatting, lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, carrying, and or driving.
• Applicants will be required to submit to a background check; no felony convictions as each applicant must be bondable. Ability to pass drug test screening.
• Candidates should be motivated, self-starting, energetic, and organized with excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Ideal Candidates Will Possess:
• Investigative inspection and documentation skills.
• Knowledge of construction methods and techniques, and building codes
• Experience accurately creating, reviewing, and maintaining records and reports
• Strong customer service/resident relation skills, friendly and helpful, even with difficult people.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner, with management, residents, employees and vendors.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work in a sometimes hectic, always fast paced working environment, handle multiple competing priorities tasks and meet assigned deadlines with little supervision.
Compensation & Hours:
This is a long-term career position, the hours for this position are Full-Time, Monday through Friday, 9:00pm-6:00pm. As a valued employee, you will be entitled to full benefits package including, medical, and dental, 401K with employer match, vacation, and holidays.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to attention: Housing Inspection Position. PLEASE NO ATTACHMENTS TO EMAILS. PLEASE EMBED YOUR APPLICATION INTO THE EMAIL. ANY EMAILS WITH ATTACHMENTS WILL BE DELETED. . . SORRY!
Executive Chef 1
Grow your career in a Management position with Sodexo! Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef at Grand Lake Gardens in Oakland, CA!
Sodexo currently has a job available for an Executive Chef /Dining Operations Managerto join our Food Service Team at Grand Lake Gardens, in Oakland, California. This position will report directly to the General Manager and works closely with the management team on menu development, resident relations, employee training, and innovative dining activities at this outstanding account. This Chef Manager will serve as the General Manager in his/her absence.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Provides hands on leadership and direction for around 15 employees in the back of the house operations.
- Oversees food service production and service for resident dining and catering for this quality driven environment.
- Oversees all aspects of the inventory, purchasing, cost analysis, cost controls, safety and sanitation.
- Responsible for scheduling and meeting the labor cost goals for this account.
- Leads, directs and trains employees to continually improve performance and customer satisfaction;
- Manages all dining events with enthusiasm while providing hands-on guidance during resident and client functions in order to produce outstanding dining experiences.
- Manages the Sodexo Food Management System (FMS), and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Provides ongoing training and coaching to the dining team, including Sodexo required training.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts as well as collaborating with the client and Sodexo management team on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo quality standards.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
- Drives resident satisfaction through offering superior food quality.
Ideally, qualified candidates will have the following experience:
- Strong culinary experience desired.
- Experience with food service operations in restaurant, hotel or senior living environment is desired.
- Demonstrated experience supervising a food service team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management/training skillset.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in an upscale food service setting.
- Menu planning and design experience and an understanding of fine dining, special diets and allergens.
- Background in catering, including menu planning, food production, and food presentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers at all levels. This position will have direct resident and client contact.
- A Focus on food consistency and quality and ability to positively impact resident satisfaction through food presentation and quality.
- Ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a fast paced environment.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Ability to successfully engage, lead and develop a team.
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem solve and manage projects as well as take on additional duties as needed.
- Ability to be flexible with schedule, as this position will require working some weekends and holidays.
- Experience in resort, retirement community, country clubs or restaurants is ideal.
- Excellent computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
- Experience managing in a union environment is desired.
- This management role will typically work a schedule of Thursday -Monday 11:00AM-7:30PM
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for, Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Please visit the Sodexo Network with Us page and consider signing up
for our Career Co nnections eNewsletter .
Take a sneak peek at how Sodexo can contribute to your well-being: . _#
Provides culinary leadership within a small sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution
-Executes the culinary function
-Customer & Client satisfaction
-Manages food & physical safety program.
JOB TITLE: OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE at Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles – FULL TIME
The Operations Associate does the following tasks, as well as tasks not listed below:
· Moves donated items in and out of the store including furniture, boxes, lamps and more
· Maximizes the safety of customers and merchandise at all times
· Safely and efficiently unloads the truck
· Stacks and unstacks furniture items as needed
· Decides where to place furniture that is coming in and how to extract furniture that is leaving the store
· Communicates clearly and respectfully with coworkers at all times
· Uses all tools including measuring tapes, ladders, dollies, skates, furniture pads, blankets, sliders and more
· Loads furniture safely and efficiently onto the truck
· Assists customers as needed
· Complete sidework when not busy with furniture and customers, including cleaning and organizing
· Carries out all Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles policies and protocols
· Maintains a good relationship with all coworkers, volunteers, donors and customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
· Agreement with the mission statement and policies of APEDF. Knowledgeable about APEDF programs and institutions. Passionate about social justice and economic development for the African community.
· Knowledge of general principles and practices associated with moving and stacking furniture and boxes and skill in using dollies and other tools to stack furniture and boxes safely.
· Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job every day
· Ability to provide excellent communication to coworkers to ensure teamwork and safety at all times.
· Use work checklists daily to make sure all the tasks are completed
· Maintain cooperative and working relationships with coworkers and management
· Work independently or as part of the team
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to bend, stoop and stand and move and lift heavy objects. Work involves moderate to heavy physical effort every day and the need to get into difficult positions; ability to lift, carry, and move heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. Ability to lift heavier items with others.
TO APPLY: Email your resume to us through ZipRecruiter nd we will set up in-person interviews with the best candidates.
WORK SCHEDULE: This is a full-time position. 5 days per week, 8 hours per day with possible overtime, most likely schedule is Tuesday 10 am – 6:30 pm, Wednesday 10 am – 6:30 pm, Friday 10 am – 6:30 pm, Saturday 9 am – 6:30 pm, Sunday 10 am – 6:30 pm
If this position is a good fit for you and you want to be part of an institution that is making self-determination for the African community a reality, we hope to hear from you!
UFC is an economic development institution of the non-profit organization, the African People’s Education and Defense Fund (APEDF.org). All proceeds raised above our operating expenses go to support programs defending the civil and human rights of the African community and bridging the grave disparities faced by the Black community in health, healthcare, economic development and education. That’s why we say that Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles is driven by African self-determination!
Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles has a website at uhurufurniture.blogspot.com.
Account Executive – Outside Sales *Immediate Opening*
NEED SOME FAST CASH? WRITE A DEAL TODAY AND GET PAID UP TO $748 BY DINNER TONIGHT!
DO YOU HAVE A MERCHANT BOOK OF BUSINESS?
If you’ve sold Credit Card Processing, Insurance, Advertising or anything else to Merchants, then this is a GREAT fit for you!
We Have A Product That Merchants LOVE!
SenText Solutions provides a SMS / Text Message Marketing service that enables local merchants the ability to capture the cell phone numbers of all their customers so they can send a text message to all their customers at the exact same time about specials, promotions, discounts, etc.
You can easily sell this service to restaurants, delis, pizza shops, bars, retail stores, car washes, salons and MANY other business types!
The product is great and it works! Consumers are currently receiving more than 4.5 million messages from our merchants each month! We have a unique and very lucrative opportunity for proven Merchant Sales Agents. With SenText Solutions, you’ll earn immediate commission income while simultaneously building a 100% Lifetime Vested Residual income!
· Make up to $50 monthly residual on each merchant!
· Make up to $400 Commission on every sale!
· Receive 100% Lifetime Vested Residuals beginning IMMEDIATELY!
· Residuals and Commissions paid DAILY!
· We provide all training, sales tools and sales support
· Lifetime Vested Residual Income Potential
· You can easily add $50,000 - $125,000 to your annual residual book your first year!
· By the 24th month your residuals can be $10,000 to $17,000 per month!
· By the 36th month your residuals can easily be $14,000 to $23,000 per month!
· We have agents currently achieving these numbers!
SenText Solutions is dedicated to the success and satisfaction of our merchants.
Our average merchant achieves 1000% Return On Investment with our service. Our merchants are so pleased with their success only 2% of our merchants leave us each month! Only 2% of the consumers leave us each month.
The Power of Text Message Marketing
There are currently over 290 Million mobile phone users in the United States alone. Of these mobile phone users, nearly two-thirds are active users of Text Messaging. With nearly 91% of all Americans having their cell phone with them at all times, it has become a common sight to see people everywhere with their heads buried in their cell phones! Text Messaging has become a global phenomenon that has taken over the Telecommunications industry.
Research shows that over 75% of business owners are currently trying to maximize the earning potential by searching for new ways to interact with their existing customers to build and maintain a mutually lucrative relationship. Across the board, Text Messaging has a high read rate of up to 98% and because it offers a more personal, compelling form of communication, it boasts an outstanding conversion rate of 10%-25%. Business owners can instantly send up to date information about products and services, which leads to repeat purchases and more business potential from increased referrals.
Now is the perfect time for business owners to jump in on the Text Messaging bandwagon! Businesses need to learn how to utilize this product to leverage their existing customers to increase their floor traffic, ultimately increasing sales!
You'll be the first to talk to merchants in the Jonesboro area about this exciting new service!
APPLY TODAY TO LEARN MORE
Restaurant Team Member - Crew (2544 - Oakland Broadway & 30Th)
Restaurant Team Member
Oakland Broadway & 30th) (17029911) Description At Chipotle, we've created something special: a better place to eat and work. Many employees start just expecting a paycheck, but end up with a rewarding career. We provide exceptional training and a clear career path – over 80% of our managers got promoted from Crew. What's in it for you:
Tuition assistance (up to $5,250 a year) * Free food (yes, really FREE) * Medical, dental, and vision insurance (for everyone) * Paid breaks
Paid time off
Full time and part time opportunities
Opportunities for advancement (80% of managers started as crew) * Customized college degree programs that can be completed in as little as 18 months, for as low as $250 a year
Competitive compensation, including stock and company car allowance for our highest-performing managers (Restaurateurs) What we're looking for:
Someone with a friendly, enthusiastic attitude
Someone that loves to help and serve others (both customers and team members) * Someone ready to learn how to cook (a lot) We prepare real food by hand every day in our restaurants. No freezers, microwaves or can openers to be found. We welcome experienced restaurant professionals and novices alike. We'll provide the training you need to feel confident working at any station – grill, cashier, prep, salsa and expo. We take pride in our exceptional customer service and it's up to each of our team members to create the friendly atmosphere that our customers expect and enjoy. So, whether you have experience as a dishwasher, cashier, server, host, bartender, cook, prep cook, FOH/BOH or no experience at all, we're always looking for passionate and enthusiastic people to join our team. At Chipotle, you'll be part of a team that is working to cultivate nourished communities where wholesome food is enjoyed every day. If that sounds like something you would like to be a part of, apply today. Requirements (the fine print): * You have to be at least 16 years old to work at Chipotle
You need to be able to communicate in the primary language(s) of the work location *Receive up to $5,250 from Chipotle in tuition assistance and up to $5,185 in federal grants each year. Combined with up to 44 earned credit hours from on-the-job training at Chipotle, you could earn your degree for as little as $250 a year. Primary Location: California
Oakland Broadway & 30th-(02544) Work Location: 2544
Oakland Broadway & 30th-(02544) 3017 Broadway Oakland 94611
APEX Investigation is a leader in Insurance, Workers' Compensation, Liability and Human Resource Investigations. Our experience investigating thousands of cases, and our ability to adapt to the ever-changing laws impacting our clients gives APEX the leading edge in defending frivolous, exaggerated or fraudulent claims. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following full-time position:
Claims Investigators are responsible for conducting thorough interviews of all parties involved in workers’ compensation claim injuries, providing timely updates to the client and writing comprehensive reports in a timely manner.
APEX employees thrive in their positions through the autonomy and support that they receive. The Claims Investigator role is highly flexible in operation based upon the interests of the employee; you can choose where you would like to live and operate. We strive to grow our employee retention rate through fair compensation and offering the tools required for our employees to be successful and to enjoy working with us. The work is independent however the Claims Investigation team is strong in support as well as camaraderie.
- Company vehicles (for qualified candidates)
- Work Independently
- You will be part of a great team of fellow Claims Investigators
- In house Transcriptionists for all audio recorded statements/interviews
- In house Claims Investigation Assistants for appointment managing and setting
- Experience required in insurance or claims investigations and/or a working knowledge of AOE/COE workers’ compensation claims.
- Experience preferred in claims/accident interviewing and investigations
- Experience taking claims statements in person or over the phone preferred
- Insurance, claims, and/or accident adjuster experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving and criminal record according to state law
- Reliable vehicle, computer, digital recorder, multi-page scanner copier
- Travel is required for this position*
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Strong work ethic
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Use of effective time management and organization skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Simple IRA Plan
*Prior to making an offer of employment, the Company will conduct a job-related background check. This may consist of prior employment verification, motor vehicle records, professional reference checks and/ or criminal record check. Third-party services may be hired to perform these checks.
E-verify will be utilized to establish your identity and employment eligibility – as required by the U.S. Department of
Homeland Security.Job Type:
We are seeking a Journeyman Plumber to join our team! The selected individual will install and repair water supply lines and drainage systems.
- Assemble and install plumbing systems
- Troubleshoot and repair pipe and pipeline systems
- Review blueprints and building codes to determine optimal work procedures
- Maintain and repair septic and commercial sewer systems
- Prepare written work cost estimates for clients
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in plumbing, maintenance, or other related field
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Advertising Sales Executive
Join one of the Fastest Growing, Private, Media Companies in the United States
Best Version Media (BVM) is looking nationwide for entrepreneurs and professionals who desire an exciting opportunity to be in business for themselves, but not by themselves.
Best Version Media (BVM) brings neighbors together by providing a superior quality and a professional publication that reflects the integrity, pride and prestige of the local communities we serve. We are one of the fastest growing media companies in North America.
Best Version Media (BVM) reaches more readers than any other company in the industry by providing the highest quality magazine in the micro-targeted markets we proudly serve.
· Business-to-Business (B2B) advertising sales and building your own book of business
· Networking within professional organizations
· Prospecting, appointment setting, and face-to-face presentations
· Actively collaborate with management to create dynamic plans and goals
· The highest commission and earnings in our industry. The position has long-termed, sustained revenue. This provides stability, income, and prevents fluctuation yet, offers high growth
· A world-class training program specific to our industry
· A high level of autonomy with unlimited support and opportunities; allowing you to become the best versions of yourselves
· An award-winning culture which includes flexibility in a family and hobby-friendly environment with no evenings or weekends required
· The prestige of being a Publisher in your local market and have the influence that accompanies it
· A dynamic culture based on professional will, a compassionate heart, and fun-loving spirit all built on a foundation of humility
· Opportunities to advance
Our mission is to provide residents, niche-markets, and community leaders with an exciting, warm and effective means to communicate with one another. We create an exceptional environment and opportunity where an individual Publisher can excel to his or her fullest potential. BVM offers professional development initiatives that not only further the Publisher's financial opportunity, but also have a strong focus on personal development programs that build character and virtue.
Entrepreneur Top Company Cultures for 2016
Best and Brightest Company to Work for in the Nation
Fastest Growing Firms
Top 10 Businesses of the Year
Innovation & Excellence Award
International Fastest Growing Company of the Year- Bronze
International Company of the Year- Silver
Awards in 2017
Best Places to Work- Glassdoor- Employee's Choice Awards
Great Place to Work Certified- Fortune Magazine
Top Workplace- The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Highest Rated CEO- Glassdoor- Employee's Choice Awards
Top Place to Work- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Future 50- MMAC
#1 Fastest Five- MMAC
Top Company Cultures for 2017 (Medium Companies)- Entrepreneur
Certified Nursing Assistant (Cna), SNF
$1,000 sign on BONUS! (must meet qualifications, including length of employment, satisfactory status, FT.) Looking for excellent CNA's with a Heart to Serve and good sense of responsibility to complete our team. Must be certified as a CNA. Experienced or new graduates with great potential are encouraged to apply. Very competitive wages! Please come in to apply: 210 - 40th Street Way, Oakland, CA 94611. Hope to see you soon!
• POSITION DESCRIPTION:
• A nursing assistant responsible for providing routine nursing care in accordance with established policies and
• procedures and as may be directed by the Charge Nurse, RN Supervisor, Director of Nurses or
• Administrator, to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be maintained at all times.
• Currently enrolled in a school for nursing assistants or have a license as a certified nursing assistant.
• A minimum of 6 months experience as a certified nursing assistant or clinical experience while enrolled
in a nursing assistant certification class.
• Must possess a sincere desire to serve the ill, aged and infirm.
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
• Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general
• Willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
• Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents
• based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
• Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
• Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile
• people within the facility.
• GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform all duties as assigned and in accordance with facility’s established policies and procedures,
• nursing care procedures and safety rules and regulations.
• Make resident rounds at the beginning of each shift and every two hours thereafter to administer quality
• nursing care.
• Verify the identification of a resident before administering nursing care or serving food, to assure that
• appropriate care is being provided to the correct resident. Report missing ID bands to admission
• coordinator immediately.
• Make beds, clean bedside and overbed tables.
• Serve drinking water as required. Assure that water pitchers are cleaned, filled with fresh drinking water
• and within the resident’s reach. Pass water pitcher as per established policy and procedure.
• Dress residents neatly and in their own clothing. Assist residents in dressing as necessary.
• Assist in preparing residents for meals (taking to/from dining room, serving trays, placing bibs, assisting
• in feeding or cutting food, removal of trays, supervision in dining room, etc.).
• Serve nourishment in accordance with established facility procedures.
• Feed residents who cannot feed themselves.
• Assure that resident’s food is accessible and self-help devices are available as needed.
• Prepare residents for therapy, activities, physician visits, religious services, etc., to include transporting
• residents to/from such activities.
• Keep incontinent residents clean and dry as possible at all times. Change bed linens, diapers and
• clothing as often as necessary.
• Do not permit residents to smoke in bed.
• Assure that the nurse’s call system is attached to the bed and within easy reach at all times when
• residents are bedfast.
• Answer residents’ call lights promptly.
• Check for food in residents’ room. Ensure that food is kept in a sealed container.
• Report all complaints to the Charge Nurse.
• Report any resident abuse immediately (ie., harsh/abusive language, unnecessary roughness, etc.)
• Report any medication found in the resident’s room. Take to the Charge Nurse immediately.
• Report all hazardous conditions and faulty equipment to the Charge Nurse immediately.
• Report any bruise, skin tears, incidents or accidents to the Charge Nurse immediately.
• Attend in-service educational programs, on the job training programs and meetings as directed.
• Other related duties as may become necessary or as directed by the Charge Nurse, RN Supervisor,
• Director of Nurses, or Administrator.
• Wash hands before and after caring for each resident.
• Place residents in correct and comfortable position. Head of bed elevated at 30° for all residents on
• enteral feeding.
• Assist residents with dental and mouth care. Clean dentures after each meal. Keep dentures clean and
• soaked with Efferdent after dinner.
• Record resident’s food and nourishment intake as directed.
• Perform after meal care as required – cleaning resident’s hands, face, clothing, dentures, etc.
• Assist residents to/from bathroom. Offer bedfast residents bedpans and urinals. Clean and store such
• equipment after each use (document Intake and Output as directed).
• Check and document bowel movements and character of stools every shift.
• Bathe residents as assigned and in accordance with established facility procedures (encourage showers
• and other self-help measures/activities).
• Comb and brush resident’s hair daily. Shampoo hair on shower days.
• Clip and trim fingernails.
• Shave male residents daily or as needed.
• Keep hair under arms and face on female residents clean-shaven as necessary or instructed. Trim hair in
• nose and ears as needed.
• Observe and report the presence of reddened areas on bony prominences.
• Keep drainage bag off the floor when resident is in bed or in wheelchair.
• Apply Vaseline or A & D ointment to dry skin in accordance with established policies.
• Observe disoriented and comatose residents and notify Charge Nurse immediately.
• Apply postural support properly. Check with Charge Nurse for type of restraint to be used.
• Apply hand roll or splint to residents with contractures as outlined within the facility’s established
• policies and procedures.
• Follow infection control procedures in accordance with established facility policy when isolation
• techniques are necessary.
• Chart required information every shift.
• Complete Intake and Output documentation on all residents with orders before the end of each shift.
• Other related duties as may become necessary or as directed by the Charge Nurse, RN Supervisor,
• Director of Nurses, or Administrator.
• Presents professional image to consumers through dress, behavior and speech.
• Adheres to Company Standards for resolving consumer concerns.
• Ensures that all consumer/resident rights are protected.
Heavy Diesel Mechanic & Class A Driver
We are a family owned business. We specialize in towing and transport. We need a heavy diesel mechanic full-time to service our fleet of trucks. We do all our services in house on our trucks. We also want the candidate to have a class A driver's license. Please contact me if interested, 510-652-4655.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!