Plant Technician Job Description Sample
The mission of Lazarus Naturals is to bring high quality and affordable hemp-based CBD products to market so anyone can afford the positive benefits it has to offer. We have a fun, fast-paced, and close-knit workplace environment and are looking for a Plant Technician to work on our Powell Butte farm.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in a booming industry and a rapidly-growing company that makes CBD accessible to those who need it most. Our ideal candidate will be a dependable quick learner that thrives in a fast-paced environment. This position will report to the Greenhouse Manager and be directly responsible for the following:
- Watering seedlings (pH and PPM knowledge, ability to determine watering needs, knowledge of nutrients)
- Evaluating plant health (Nutrient utilization and familiarity of deficiencies, disease recognition and control practices, pest identification and management, beneficial familiarity and how/when to use)
- Knowledge of how the greenhouse environment affects plant growth and how we can use this to our benefit
- Production-style work ethic (Efficiently accomplishing projects with creative freedom and high quality, can function incredibly well with a team or solo unsupervised)
- Transplanting practices (Use of tractor implement and optimal technique to ensure best chance of thriving and minimizing shock)
- Fieldwork (Monitor plant development and use mapping programs for data collection)
- Spreadsheet usage (Comfortable and motivated to use spreadsheets and documents for data organization and analysis)
- Well-rounded knowledge of plant systems (Preference given to those with experience growing a wide variety of plants in a production-style fast-paced setting)
- 2 seasons or 1 year of plant experience (nursery, greenhouse, farm preferred)
- Have a college degree or equivalent work experience
- Know basic plant nutrient needs and the difference between micro/macro and mobile/immobile
- Fluent in plant anatomy and sensory systems
- Experience with indoor environmental controls
- Ability to identify common indoor and outdoor plant pests
- Scientific background preferred- any chemistry, plant science, plant genetics or soil science related backgrounds are highly desirable
- Familiar with Google Drive, Docs, Calendar, Sheets, Slides.
- Familiar with GPS use, and Arc GIS
- Willingness to have a flexible weekly and hourly schedule (weekends included)
- Strong work ethic & positive attitude - farm work presents challenges such as long work days and extreme weather conditions such as high heat and humidity, extensive exposure to direct sunlight.
- Accepting of repetitive tasks, and the ability to maximize efficiency with quality
- Ability to learn new things, take direction, and ask questions for clarification
- Extremely organized and habitually clean
- Reliable transportation
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance) after 60 days
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Employee Discount Program
- 401K Program
This is a full-time role based in Powell Butte, OR. Interested parties are encouraged to send a cover letter detailing why you think you could be a great fit, along with an updated resume.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!