Playa Del Rey Job Description Sample
Are you driven by solving problems and enjoy leading people? Do you want to work for six months of the year, and have the remainder of the year free to pursue other interests? H&R Block is looking for passionate Team Leaders to accelerate our seasonal tax business by managing a single H&R Block tax office and providing leadership to a customer-centric team of associates.
As a Team Leader, you will serve as the front-line manager responsible for leadership and development of tax office associates, delivering an outstanding client experience, and achieving all office related growth objectives (i.e., clients, revenue and earnings). also act as a knowledgeable resource on tax topics and products to associates, and prepare accurate tax returns for clients, as needed. You'll begin working a flexible part-time schedule in the fall as you ramp up for the busy tax season, then transition to a full-time schedule from January through April. After working a successful tax season, you may find that you want to apply to return for subsequent seasons, or even apply for advancement opportunities.
What you'll do...
Partner with the District General Manager to create and implement office-level growth plans, which includes developing local partnerships and managing office community involvement
Assist the District General Manager in recruiting and interviewing candidates for tax office associate positions
Serve as point of contact for onsite escalated client service concerns
Ensure clients are scheduled properly and conflicts are resolved
Lead daily activities to ensure that all tax office associates work is completed according to deadlines, with attention to quality standards, priorities and overall goals
Build an engaging team environment by training and coaching associates to execute on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and recognizing outstanding associate contributions
Lead daily team meetings and communicate essential information to tax office associates
Create associate work schedules and ensure accurate timekeeping and overtime management
Prepare tax returns, as required
What you'll bring to the team...
Prior experience working in a customer service, shift leader, or similar role
Experience supervising or managing people
Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge Assessment or Income Tax Course
Annual completion of 18-hours of continuing education and ability to meet all other IRS and applicable state requirements
Customer-centric mindset with strong communication skills
Computer proficient with the ability to use MS Office
Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Passionate, determined, resilient under stress and a will to win attitude
Able to work a flexible work schedule of 40 hours per week and flexibility in work assignments based on business needs
HS diploma/GED or higher
It would be even better if you also had...
- 2+ years as a Tax Professional
We’re looking for humble, but ambitious, razor-sharp Engineering Leader who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take product development, API, Analytics and ML or AI platform engineering seriously; you’re passionate about technology and, even more so, about leadership. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. That’s where you come in. We are currently seeking an Engineering Leader to drive technical vision and provide leadership for multiple teams of engineers and other creators in an innovative and fast paced environment. Our selection process will emphasize technical and architectural skills as well as leadership/management/SDLC process/organizational skills equally. The ideal candidate must be a master of their domain. Furthermore, the ideal candidate must be able to inspire, champion and teach when the need arises. We are looking for someone who’s is equally comfortable leading by influence or authority. Lastly, we are looking for a rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of technically astute engineers and product astute product management leaders.
Why We Need This Role
We are looking for a leader to help us build out a portal of tools, services and workflows that our Capacity Partners will leverage as they establish and manage their respective partnerships with us and help us turn client’s ideas into a fully functioning software. This includes everything from partner client contract execution to dashboards as well as creator assessment and onboarding tools and tools that allow partners to manage rates or availability of their respective creators. We want to do this to enable our partners to leapfrog their fiscal and operational efficiency as well as their stickiness with us.
Why You Should Join
This is a challenging and diverse role that requires you to build both, an organization and new generation of Builder product, nearly from the ground up. Only join this role if you are craving rapid growth, able to create a path in unchartered territory, and comfortable with trying, failing and course-correcting fast.
First Six Month Deliverables
- Develop and execute strategy for horizontally scalable development of Builder Hive
- Transform Builder Hive into modularized application which can be maintained and grown semi-autonomously
- Grow / transform Builder Hive team to be capable of parallelized (a minimum of 4 largely autonomous teams) development efforts
- Significantly streamline creator’s onboarding and assessment tools and workflows
- Achieve greater level of quality and fault tolerance through the implementation of hard enforced CI/CD automation, containerization and pipelines & IDE creation and orchestration for all projects / teams
- Passionate about loosely held values and ideas. We want someone who has experience but is not blinded by the path already taken.
- 10 plus years solid experience in back end open source based technologies, including at least 4 - 5 years in Ruby or RoR cloud based ecosystems
- 4 plus years solid experience as a technical lead, including at least 2 years in large scale platform environment
- CS degree required or equivalent work experience
- Solid procedural and object oriented Software Engineering fundamentals
- 3 plus years of relevant experience managing fast-paced and dynamic Scrum team
- A proven track record of senior level software engineering and architecture accomplishments in a high-capacity, large-scale, internet-based product platform
- Capable of technical deep-dives, yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold their own in a strategy discussion with senior technical or product leadership
- Comfortable recruiting a team of very bright, experienced engineers capable of working on projects and at scale unlike any other they've encountered
- Very experienced with Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Expert understanding of RoR framework
- Solid understanding of AWS services
- Solid experience with containerized applications and serverless functions
- Strong understanding of and experience with testing practices
- Strong automation and CI / CD experience
- Pivotal Tracker or Jira, Docker, CI/CD, GitHub tools experience, some would say you are a master
- Some experience collaborating with ML/AI teams
- Experience in data-driven environments
- Health and Wellness benefits including competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Generous vacation and time off benefits including paid holidays
- Generally flexible working hours
- Working in a beautiful office space the heart of Silicon Beach in Playa Vista
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and having fun while doing it
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place
Senior Account Executive
PatSnap is the world’s leading IP Analytic and Management platform that empowers senior business leaders to accelerate growth through Innovation and R&D. IP and patent strategy is now a major board level priority – our product solves a real and growing problem globally. Our differentiation is the reason behind the company’s exponential growth. PatSnap technologies make patent intelligence more accessible to non-IP proficient business users and provide intuitive analytics, making our products usable and sticky.
Our market is limitless because patent strategy is relevant to all businesses ranging from NASA to PepsiCo.
PatSnap has been commercially active since July 2007, we now employ over 500 people worldwide and through funding we continue to scale rapidly. We have offices in Singapore, China, London and The USA.
We are opening an office in Santa Monica and are looking for superstar New Business professionals to be part of the founding team alongside some of our top performers from the London office. This would suit an entrepreneurial individual looking to contribute to the growth of a leading SaaS business with international backing.Job Description
The role of Senior Account Executive is to sell the PatSnap solution into any company that creates new technology or needs to protect their Intellectual Property.
There are no parameters around companies that need to protect their IP, meaning that our solution can be sold globally into most verticals. So far successes have come from ICT, Software, FMCG, Pharmaceutical and Energy markets, however PatSnap can be sold into any vertical. It’s down to our senior account executives to show their entrepreneurial flair and harness our exceptional product market fit and timing.
The position will be selling into the c-suite, dealing with the largest organisations globally to create new business and expand on these accounts.
· Award winning a-player inside sales professionals only apply
· World class track record of crushing targets in a monthly sales environment
· Top class at identifying new business prospects, cold-calling, excellent telephone manner with stunning WebEx presentation skills.
· Experience in working with sales development reps – our senior accounts execs have awesome SDR support to help generate strong pipeline
· Educated to a degree level
· Entrepreneurial spirit – dares to dream big
· Quick to learn with excellent emotional intelligence – Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
· Drive – motivated by success, passionate and highly driven to meet and exceed both personal and professional targets
· Work Ethic – possess a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to crush targets.
· Persistence – demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the extra mile
· Creativity/Innovation – Generates new and innovative approaches to problems. You will be a master at the challenger, insight and value selling principles
· Listening Skills – lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints
· Open to professional development – PatSnap has a practitioner sales culture with relentless focus on learning and improving
· Teamwork – Reaches out and cooperates with peers to establish an open collaborative working culture
· Honesty/Integrity – Our culture is all about openness, transparency and freedom to grow
· Award winning SaaS insides sales professional – world class year on year new business revenue performance
Dog Trainer / Apprentice
Healthier pets. Happier people. Better world. Our vision might sound lofty, but we believe it's attainable when we obsess about providing complete care for our amazing pets. Our approach goes far beyond addressing our animals' basic needs to support their physical, mental, social, and emotional needs. By being sure we take all of these elements into consideration, we can help pet parents take the very best care of their pets.
As a Dog Trainer or Dog Trainer Apprentice with Petco, you will play an absolutely vital role in the Petco family. Within your store, you will be the primary resource and leader for Petco's Positive Dog Training program. You must be committed to and show a genuine interest in enhancing communication and teamwork between dog and pet parent by offering positive solutions and rewarding success while providing a fun and safe environment for dogs, pet parents and store partners.
Our Dog Trainer Apprenticeship is a comprehensive training program to prepare you for the role of Dog Trainer in your store. Apply today, and a store manager will review your skills, experience and prior training to determine where you might fit on the Dog Training team.
Responsibilities will include:
Acting as a subject matter expert for Petco's Positive Dog Training Program, products, services and in-store promotions
Promoting, conducting and instructing all current dog training curricula
Be a genuine Petco ambassador who exemplifies the Petco culture and values in all communications and interactions.
Coaching, encouraging and motivating dogs and pet parents
Effectively deliver formal presentations
Achieve Dog Training goals by offering creative Training solutions
Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
Assisting in the loading, unloading and stocking of merchandise
Ensuring that store animals receive the highest quality care and are maintained in clean, safe and secure habitats
Promoting established safety and loss prevention procedures
The ideal Dog Trainer candidate will have:
CPDT-KA or Karen Pryor Academy (KPA-CTP) certifications
Previous experience teaching positive reinforcement dog training techniques in group or class settings
Computer skills with the ability to quickly research information from the Internet
The ability to work during peak traffic periods during week days and weekends
Medical Assistant II - Marina Del Rey Internal Medicine
Every Skill every effort, everything we have
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people's lives?
Do you want to be a part of something greater? To get exposure to many different disciplines while making a positive impact on the lives of a diverse patient population? At Cedars-Sinai you'll learn from dedicated healthcare professionals every single day and use state-of-the-art facilities to do something incredible – for yourself and for others. You will support the physicians and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of medically related tasks.
Medical Assistant Job Duties and Responsibilities
You will greet patients, lead patient care flow, room and direct patient if ancillary services are ordered
You will notify physicians of patient status and take vital signs, record it in the medical records as directed
You will prepare patients for provider by recording current medications in medical record
You will perform designated diagnostic tests as directed by provider
You will assist provider during examination/procedures
You will draw, prepare and properly label designated lab work and/or specimens as directed by provider
You will administer immunization, injections, or oral medications as ordered by provider
You will assist in scheduling follow-up appointments and answer patient calls
You will monitor voicemail communications from patients and provide concerns to provider
You will verify completeness of medical record by reviewing previously ordered studies or documentation, ensures that documents are placed in the appropriate location within the record if using paper records
You will assist with provider correspondence and communications as directed for clinical care
You will recognize and communicate potential patient safety issues
You will initiate and complete appropriate administrative and quality documentation including security and occurrence reports
You will support appropriate ordering of medical supplies demonstrating basic understanding of cost containment
You will accompany the physician during the patient encounter
You will transcribe the physicians dictated patient history, including history of present illness, review of systems, past medical, surgical, family and social histories, medication and allergies
You will transcribe the physical examination findings, the results of laboratory and radiographic studies as directed by the physician
You will transcribe patient education and explanations of risks and benefits as performed by the physician
You will prepare and edit scribed document for physician review and signature
Graduation from accredited California Medical Assistant school, or documented equivalent military experience or training
High School diploma or equivalent
2-5 years of experience in outpatient medical setting preferred
BLS from the American Heart Association required
Working Title: Medical Assistant II - Marina Del Rey Internal Medicine
Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
City: Marina Del Rey
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Full-time
Multi-Unit Team Leader
Are you a passionate people leader, capable of managing multiple offices? Do you want to work for six months of the year, and have the remainder of the year free to pursue other interests? H&R Block is looking for a Multi-Unit Team Leader to accelerate our seasonal tax business by managing three H&R Block offices and providing leadership to the customer-centric teams that work within them.
As a Multi-Unit Team Leader, you will serve as the front-line manager responsible for leadership and development of associates, delivering an outstanding client experience, and achieving all office related growth objectives (i.e., clients, revenue and earnings) for three tax offices. Prior tax preparation experience is not required. You'll begin working a flexible part-time schedule in the fall as you ramp up for the busy tax season, then transition to a full-time schedule from January through April. After working a successful tax season, you may find that you want to apply to return for subsequent seasons, or even apply for advancement opportunities
What you'll do...
Manage office staffing, operations, and logistics for three offices with support from two Associate Team Leaders
Partner with the District General Manager (DGM) to create and implement office-level growth plans and client growth targets, which includes developing local partnerships and managing office community involvement
Assist the DGM in recruiting and interviewing candidates for tax office associate positions
Build an engaging team environment, across all offices, by training and coaching associates while holding them accountable to execute on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and recognizing outstanding associate contributions
Conduct timely performance reviews and partner with Associate Relations Center to resolve associate issues and address performance concerns
Lead daily team meetings and communicate essential information to tax office associates
Create associate work schedules across all offices and ensure accurate timekeeping, as well as labor management, for staff in all offices
Travel between the three offices as required
May prepare tax returns, as needed
What you'll bring to the team...
People management experience, with the demonstrated ability to grow and develop associates
Demonstrated aptitude for growth plan execution and ability to lead towards growth culture
Strong decision-making and judgment skills and the ability to function well in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a customer-centric mindset that seeks to understand and exceed client needs
Computer proficient with the ability to use MS Office
Bachelor�s degree in a related field, or HS diploma with the equivalent combination of experience
Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge Assessment or Income Tax Course (if preparing tax returns)
It would be even better if you also had...
- Multi-unit people management experience in the retail, restaurant, banking, or other related industry; management of people within military service positions can also be a good fit
Manager, Marketing & Growth
Are you passionate about using the power of marketing to create both social impact and business results? We are searching for a mission-driven marketer who aspires to use the latest and most innovative marketing tactics, channels, and strategies to make that happen.
At Pledgeling, we fundamentally believe that the world’s most successful companies will be those with the greatest social impact. Today, over 4,000 companies have integrated Pledgeling’s platform into their businesses to achieve breakthrough business results and social good, which we call the ROI of Impact. They each experience “growth through giving.”
In this role, you will work closely with a highly motivated team and company executives to drive a marketing strategy that raises awareness and visibility of the brand and multiple products, while also supporting the sales process. A core focus will be digital and content marketing across multiple platforms, including list-based or targeted email marketing, Facebook and Google Adwords programs, social media content, targeting and retargeting, and more.
You will be empowered to be creative and figure out the best ways to spread our brand and product messages, and also spend some time qualifying inbound sales leads (usually acquired via your marketing programs), perhaps including calls and / or online demos, before filtering qualified deals to members of the Partnerships Team.
- Marketing & Sales Support
- Optimize digital and content marketing activity to sync with user acquisition and revenue goals
- Define, create and implement marketing campaigns throughout the year based on sales goals and process
- Explore new ways to reach and engage with prospective clients, and what messages resonate with them and move them into our pipeline.
- Manage prospect’s questions and facilitate online demos as needed (you’ll also help us think through how to answer these questions and provide feature demonstrations in our materials so that we can scale efficiently)
- Given the fast-growing nature of our startup, you will likely be asked to help in other areas across the business, including marketing support, content marketing, pre-sales support and customer service
- Content Creation
- Draft content and ideas to support internal marketing initiatives. Manage content creators as needed
- Manage and optimize an editorial calendar for online and content marketing, including websites, social media accounts (Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter), retargeting ads, newsletters, white papers, blogs and more
- Develop partner case studies
- Work with product team to get the word out about product enhancements
- Deploy content through existing content distribution platforms including email (MailChimp), blog (WordPress), social (HootSuite), and more
- Manage website updates for promotions, campaigns and products
- Reporting & Analysis
- Create and provide regular analytics and reporting on ROI of email campaigns, social media engagements, website (Google Analytics) and more for optimal performance
- Obsessed with the latest, greatest, and most effective digital marketing strategies today - with a keen eye toward the future of marketing
- 1-5 years of experience in executing marketing initiatives and familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO), analytics and user experience best practices
- 1-5 years of experience managing digital marketing programs
- An “idea person” who generates concepts but also has the ability to execute
- Optimistic by nature, and firmly believe in the power of business purpose and social impact to change the world
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player in an open office environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup culture
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in PowerPoint, G Suite and/or MS Office, social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter), with the ability to learn new digital tools quickly
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Other Things We’d Like To See
- Passion for social or environmental impact.
- Experience with nonprofit organizations (professionally or personally).
- Interest in new technologies.
Location and Compensation
- Full-time position starting as early as August 1st, 2019
- Competitive compensation
- Top of the line benefits include medical, dental, and vision, and unlimited PTO
- Weekly company lunches and quarterly volunteer and impact days
- Located in Venice, CA, in the heart of LA’s “Silicon Beach”
- Does the idea of going to “work” everyday with a mission of helping every business to integrate social impact, create better businesses and uplifting the world sound like a dream job? Then we might be for you!
- We’re a mission-driven, optimistic and fast-paced company in the heart of Silicon Beach.
- Our team experience includes having built and led startups to successful exits and launched global social impact campaigns. We are a unique mix of technology experts, seasoned entrepreneurs, creatives, and social impact leaders.
- We live and breathe social impact, have frequent team volunteer events, amazing benefits and self-managed time off. Plus, all employees get options in the company to participate in our growth and success.
Pledgeling is a fast-growing Silicon Beach social enterprise that empowers top brands like Evite, Discovery, and Tinder to utilize their business as a force for good to support causes & nonprofits around the world. To date, our partnerships with 4,000+ businesses have generated over $20MM+ of donations to over 12,000 nonprofits (and growing!). Learn more at www.pledgeling.com, follow us on social @Pledgeling, and join us in the #PledgeToDoGood.
2100 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Unit E, Venice, CA 90291
Residential Service Coordinator, II (JR 1223)
The Resident Service Coordinator offers recovery oriented services in a permanent supportive housing setting for individuals, integrating evidenced based practice effective with tenants who have experienced homelessness and have a history of chronic health, mental health, and/or co-occurring conditions. Such services include conducting initial assessments, developing individual goal plans, providing intensive service coordination services, linkages to the community, crisis intervention, and community integration, and community development within the apartment community. The Service Coordinator will implement evidence-based practices such as: Housing First, Harm Reduction, Motivational Interviewing, Recovery Oriented Mental Health Services, Critical Time Intervention and Trauma-Informed Care. This Service Coordinator will work collaboratively with a range of community service providers to coordinate and ensure tenants living at the Vermont Villas are stabilizing in housing, improving the quality of their lives, and integrating into the community. These services will be delivered in the PATH Villas at Del Rey and Eucalyptus apartments, tenants’ homes, staff offices, and in the community.
In addition to on-going service coordination, the service coordinator will play an active role in promoting housing retention and stability. Working collaboratively with the tenant and property manager, the Service Coordinator will identify barriers to maintaining housing and create housing retention plans to promote housing stability.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Meet tenants at minimum twice/month to provide strengths-based service coordination services designed to assist clients in maintaining stable housing and integrating into the PATH Villas at Del Rey community.
- Perform initial comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment with annual updates.
- In collaboration with the tenant, create a client-driven, person-centered Individual Service Plan (ISP) addressing short term and long-term goals to be reviewed and completed every 90 days.
- Provides field based/ mobile service coordination services in the areas of, but not limited to: independent living skills, housing stabilization, money management, community integration, employment, benefits establishment, linkage to community providers for problematic substance use, primary and mental health care, and all other services needed to assist clients in reaching their treatment plan goals.
- Conduct crisis and risk assessments in consultation with supervisor/ team. Provide crisis intervention services focused on enhancing the clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self -coordinate own care.
- Use evidence based practices in service delivery such as Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Critical Time Intervention and Housing First practices.
- Provide onsite supportive services in the areas of independent living skills, community integration events, employment, benefits establishment, and other services as needed to assist tenants in reaching case plan and treatment plan goals
- Mediate and advocate on behalf of the tenant to help him/her obtain and keep housing, health care benefits, entitlements, transportation, etc.
- In conjunction with teammates and community partners, regularly facilitate onsite groups related to topics that enhance life skills, health and wellness, housing stability (e.g. health and nutrition classes, walking groups, budgeting workshops).
- Maintain documentation standards as set forth by the program contract and PATH Ventures policies.
- Complete progress notes on every face to face/ telephone contact with client or collateral contact within 48 hours.
- Create a monthly calendar of activities including programing at least 2x/week including at least 1 community integration outing, 1 guest speaker, and 1 skill building class (healthy living, recovery, social enterprise, etc.)
- Ensure tenant files are up to date with all file paperwork including consents, ISP’s, homeless/disability verifications, and overall general documentation.
- Submit all reports on/before due dates (healthcare reports, PHP reports, housing retention reports) and others as needed.
- Develop a housing retention plan with 3 concrete interventions to support housing maintenance as evidenced by written housing support plan.
- Spanish speaking highly desired.
- Either Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field OR comparable professional experience with the target population and in a similar field
- Preferred 2 years work/lived experience in homeless services, case management, mental health, substance abuse certification and permanent supportive housing experience.
- Flexible work schedule to include some evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Ability to provide PATH Ventures after hours and weekend coverage on a rotating basis as needed. .
- Possesses a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals who present with active symptoms with urgent and complex case management and health needs.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and exercise mature judgment.
- Ability to provide community and in-home based services on a regular basis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated self- starter with the ability to coordinate multiple projects/ tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards.
- Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Reliable transportation.
- Updated tuberculosis test.
- Successful completion of background screening.
- CPR/First Aid training
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply Please visit the Path Career Site to apply online. Search for Job #1223 to submit your application. A resume is required
Activities & Volunteer Coordinator
Job ID2019-99369 JOB OVERVIEW "Sunrise is the best place that I've ever worked, simply because of the people. We provide quality care in an environment that feels like home.
Our focus is doing what's right for the resident. For me, that's a big breath of fresh air."- Sunrise Leader
At Sunrise, our Activities & Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for leading the day to day activities and programs for a Sunrise Senior Living community. RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Lead volunteer based activities and programs that enrich the lives of Sunrise Assisted Living and Memory Care residents- Collaborate with other Sunrise Department Coordinators and the Executive Director to develop and maintain relationships with local schools, businesses and social organizations to establish an active network of volunteers and community resources- Maintain a calendar of activities and events that provide a variety of resident and family centered experiences- Budget preparation and monitoring of expenses and financial statements to meet revenue and budget targets- Leadership responsibilities include recruiting, hiring, coaching and retaining a high performing employee team
- At least one year of job related supervisory experience preferably in a senior living environment- High school diploma required. College degree preferred- Proven ability to train and motivate volunteers and fellow team members to provide the best in quality activity programming- Maintain all appropriate state level certifications or licenses such as CDL (commercial driver's license)- Knowledge of local state and federal regulations pertaining to resident care and services- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) with the ability to learn new applications- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends to meet the needs of residents and fellow team members
Sunrise maintains a drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a drug and alcohol test.
ABOUT SUNRISESunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families.
It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise. At Sunrise, you will… Make a Difference Every Day We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive CommunityThe care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your PotentialWe believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals.
LET'S HELP PEOPLE WORK, EVERYWHERE.
Regus provides places to work for everyone, worldwide.
We have built an unparalleled network of office, co-working and meeting spaces for companies to use in every city in the world. It's an infrastructure to support every business opportunity.
Our network of workspaces enables businesses to operate anywhere, without the need for set-up costs or capital investment. It provides our customers with immediate cost benefits and the opportunity to fully outsource their office portfolio.
It's a network designed to enhance productivity and connect 2.5 million like-minded professionals: an instant global community, and a place to belong.
Help people work, everywhere
Over the past three decades, we've led a workspace revolution and created a global community for more than 2.5 million people in over 110 countries.
Now we need effective Community Managers to help us drive the next stage of the revolution.
Make an impact
As a Community Manager, you'll be directly contributing to the growth and success of your customers as they make use of our global infrastructure.
You'll help people join the revolution and use flexible working to enhance their productivity.
An exciting challenge
Whether they're staying for an hour or many years, our customers all come with different needs. A Regus business centre moves fast and, if you're driven, enthusiastic and proactive, there's always a new challenge to focus your energy on.
You'll use our proven ways of working, but add your own talents to make the difficult look easy and find new ways to delight customers.
Your opportunity to grow
As we continue to grow, you'll be supported to grow your own skills and expertise.
Our structured training and development programme is designed to nurture your ambition, with opportunities to take increased responsibility over centre operations and revenue.
As Community Manager, you'll own customer experience and operations in your centre while working closely with the Area Manager to boost performance.
Creating exceptional experiences: Giving customers the best possible experience in every interaction, from daily support to tours.
Showcasing flexibility: Bringing new customers to the revolution by sharing the benefits of flexible working.
Caring for your centre: Making sure your centre is always the professional, inspiring work environment your community expects.
Developing your team: Getting the best from your entire centre team.
THE TRAITS OF A COMMUNITY MANAGER
Effortlessly enthusiastic: You'll bring a positive, inspiring attitude to everything you do for your customers.
Resilient: You'll combine an appetite for a challenge with the ability to adapt to suit fast-changing situations.
Approachable and influential: You'll build strong relationships with every customer, so you can better deliver on their needs.
Proudly diligent: You'll have an eye for detail, understanding how high standards in the smallest moments feed into our wider revolution.
Self-motivated: You'll take the ownership and act decisively to solve problems, make your time count, and deliver incredible results.
People-focussed: You'll understand and deliver the things your centre team needs to thrive, from clear goals to encouragement and leadership by example.
Up to the challenge?
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!