Port Washington Job Description Sample
Brand Ambassador Part Time Sales_Ty
If you are interested in helping to generate sales and increase brand awareness for some of the leading brands that you know and love, then we have the perfect position for you. A successful Brand Ambassador is responsible for engaging consumers, promoting brand awareness and driving product sales through live featured product demonstrations. The ideal candidate understands the importance of sales and customer engagement while working in retail locations.
Things to consider:
- You will be part of a leading team but will be assigned a territory; access to reliable transportation within your territory is critical.
- For this position you may be transporting a branded demo kit that consists of a folding table, a picnic umbrella and sometimes crock pots or skillets depending upon what you are cooking up; when needed you will need to be able to transport your demo kit to each of your stores.
- Shifts are generally 6-8 hours on Thursday-Sunday from 10am-4pm or 2pm-8pm depending upon when customers are most active in your area.
- Pay rates are competitive starting at $14/hr.+ commission.
- Brand awareness, positive product impressions and increased sales through product demonstration, customer engagement and effective communication of brand talking points
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to expertly articulate product features and benefits
- Transport and set-up demonstration kit
- Complete demonstration ownership and product representation with an emphasis on cleanliness, organization and the ability to follow instructions
- Timely and accurate event reporting, submission of paperwork and online training
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or 1- 2 years equivalent applicable work experience.
- Experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, brand promotion or retail/grocery.
- Interact in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing manner with management, clients, and consumers in any setting.
- A self-starter, able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work a full-time or part-time retail schedule, Thursday through Sunday.
- Stand comfortably for up to 8 hours a day.
- Able to regularly travel within your assigned territory up to 40 miles from your home.
- Daily access to a PC computer with internet/email access.
- Strong working knowledge Windows and Microsoft Office.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsibilities Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North Americas leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Brand Ambassador generates excitement, brand awareness, and increases product sales through event sampling and promotion. The individual will interact with consumers, clients, customers, and is responsible for understanding and implementing promotional techniques. This position will perform a wide range of activities ranging from brand promotion, training, product merchandising, and selling of products and services.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Brand Awareness & Sales:
- Create brand awareness and positive impressions of the product by engaging consumers through sampling/distributing product and demonstrating product features.
- Interaction with consumers through sampling/distributing products and creating brand awareness and positive impressions.
- Responsible for ensuring brand talking points are communicated effectively with consumers.
- Seek sales opportunities in departments throughout the store and other venues to maximize sales and sales of related attachments.
- Responsible for event set-up, sampling, and program breakdown.
- Ensure demonstration area is clean, organized, and correctly set up according to the instructions provided.
- Communicate pro-actively with event Supervisor.
- Accurately complete and timely submit HR paperwork and reports online; call reports, expense reports (if applicable), training certification quizzes, etc... Participate in mandatory on-line training and conference calls (paid).
- Attends initial training via on-line and conference call (specific date still TBD) as well as possible ongoing monthly product training, team meetings, client trainings, etc (Paid) as a requirement.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
Education Level: (Required) High School Diploma or GEDor equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Click here to enter text.
-Significant experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, or retail/grocery is highly desirable
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively with management
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to make oral presentations
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by ones supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
Important Information The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity..... click apply for full job details
A wholesale lighting fixture company in Port Washington, NY has an opening Order Processor. This position will report directly to the warehouse manager and be responsible for the day-to-day order processing while providing the highest level of customer service. Recent high school or college graduates encouraged to apply. Great entry level opportunity. Please complete survey to be considered for the position. M-F 8:30am-5:00pm
The ideal candidate will possess the below qualities:
· Data Entry (60+ wpm preferred)
· Processing UPS, FEDEX, DHL shipments (World ship, Star Ship a plus)
· Experience setting up trucking shipments (3PL experience a plus)
· International shipping experience
· Experience with ERP systems
· Customer Service experience
· Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
· Interact professionally with other employees and customers
· Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
· Follow company safety policies and procedures.
Successful candidates will be a graduate of high school or attained a GED and able to lift/pull/push up to 70lbs.
We are one of the nation's premiere lighting manufacturers offering a comprehensive selection of contemporary, architectural, energy-efficient lighting fixtures for a broad range of commercial, institutional and residential applications.
Having built a solid reputation on quality, service and value, our product offering includes a broad range of indoor and outdoor lighting products in the following lighting categories - Track lighting, Modulinear Directional, Cove, Cabinet, Showcase, Display, LED flexible linear, Recessed, Decorative, Outdoor and, Architectural Pendants and Wall Sconces.
Our product line is constantly evolving as technology advances. JESCO is one of the very first lighting companies to embrace the then new LED technology and we infused it into mainstream lighting applications. With over 12 years of experience working with and developing fixtures that employ the new and exciting LED lamp source, JESCO is now one of the premier sources for LED lighting fixtures. Our LED products are designed around the LED light source and not the other way around making for a well-designed, color consistent and extra long-life fixture with a proven track record.
Our goal is to become a one-stop solution for the residential, retail, hospitality and commercial markets. JESCO Lighting is dedicated to providing the best products at the best prices with the best possible service levels.
The IT Coordinator will respond to requests for maintenance, repair and purchasing new equipment. This includes maintaining and tracking inventory, approving requests and scheduling delivery of products and equipment. These occupations also oversee and schedule technical staff for repair, maintenance or installation to ensure requests are addressed in a timely manner.
- At least one year of administrative experience
- Extensive data entry knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous experience coordinating field services technicians and using a ticketing system
- Able to work well under pressure and prioritize numerous assignments
- 2 year degree
- Excellent communication, both oral and written
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Collaborative, with strong focus on teamwork
- Confident and comfortable making decisions
- Strong customer service experience
To Help You Succeed
- Competitive compensation plan
- Comprehensive benefits, including Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, and a 401(k)
- 16 paid days off per year and 10 paid holidays per year
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to our job openings. EOE.
Buisness Development Manager
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 5+ years of experience working in the LATAM market via market distributors.
· Fluent in English & Spanish.
· Proficient Microsoft skills in Word, Excel, & Power Point.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills with all levels of employees and clients.
· Ability to build business presentations with distributors for customers.
· 40% travel will be required, and some overnights may be required
Premier and growing real estate management company is currently seeking a Senior Accountant, the ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for completion and maintenance of general ledgers and financial reports for full and limited service properties.
Some of the essential functions are:Analyze records of financial transactions to determine accuracy and completeness of entries.
Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, cash management, depreciation schedules, cash disbursements, and other financial reports.
Conduct end of the month closings to include, reviewing invoices, preparing work papers, conduct bank reconciliations on all property accounts ranging from one to ten accounts per property.
Prepare check runs.
Verify transactions on credit card sheets.
Maintains administrative control over assigned funds/accounts.
Required Experience:Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelors degree in Accounting supplemented by at least two years of experience in various functional areas within the accounting field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Some work experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
Considerable knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
Skill in gathering information and identifying the nature of problems.
Skill in exercising good judgment and decision making.
Ability to effect number facility.
The primary purpose of the Seafood Department Manager is to supervise the selection, pricing, preparation and promotion of designated products in the defined area. The Department Manager is responsible for managing department inventory, in-stock levels, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor and other operational processes of the department to company standards.
· Previous experience managing a Seafood department is required, preferably in a supermarket environment
· Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
· Must have proven ability to lead and develop a team
· Must be able to work in a cold environment
· Must be able to lift 25 lbs. or more routinely
· Must be able to stand while walking for entire shift
Uncle Giuseppe’s offers:
· Supplemental Benefits, including: Life Insurance, AD&D, Critical Illness, Pet Insurance and more
· Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
· Generous Employee Discounts on Lunch & Shopping
· Travel, Clothing, Entertainment, and Other Discounts
We strive to make each of our customer's shopping experience a pleasant and unique one. Joining our team is not only about joining a company, but rather becoming part of the Uncle Giuseppe's Family where we believe that all families deserve nothing but the very best. Our company supports Team Member growth and a satisfying workplace. We believe in a balance between work and personal time. We are committed to our community and believe in buying local and in offering our customers a healthy selection of natural and organic products along with homemade specialties made using the same recipes of generations past balanced with a modern appeal.
If you are passionate about quality products and high levels of customer care, and want to grow your career, we invite you to complete our application process and look forward to discussing your interest in Uncle Giuseppe's.
We are seeking an eCommerce Coordinator to become an integral part of our fast growing team!
- Responsible for updating product/customer assortment sheets
- Managing and communicating new product deliveries
- Log daily sales by customer
- Audit partner website for pricing and instock status
- Manage and resolve website customer service questions and issues
- Retail or eCommerce experience a plus but not mandatory
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
IT Support Specialist
We are seeking an IT Support Specialist to join our team! You will resolve computer-related issues for your clients.
Deliver personalized IT support to on-site and remote employees/agents
o identify, troubleshoot, research, support and resolve IT issues
o escalate issues to appropriate personnel when necessary
o provide full support for Windows 7, Office 2013, ios, android and LaserJet Printers
o provide best effort support for all applications
o enforce/re-enforce corporate policies
Work on problems of diverse scope (i.e. individual user, group of users, all users, remote users only, etc.)
Exercise judgement and/or research best practices within generally defined policies and/or instructions for obtaining solutions
· Perform data analysis tasks, as required
· Document policies and or work instructions as needed
· Assist other IT staff in daily tasks as needed.
Inventory and procure toner/maintenance kits through approved vendor(s)
Purchase IT components as needed
Assist on IT/company projects as needed.
Assist company partners/consultants as needed and when it makes sense.
Assist company paperless initiative when time allows
- Recommend hardware and software improvements
- Track customer issues and resolutions
Bachelor’s Degree or IT related diploma AND 5 years post degree experience
Experience supporting Desktop Computers, Laser Jet Printers, mobile devices
Familiar with remote access software
o Microsoft RDP
Experience with desktop security software
Experience with LAN/WAN/VPN troubleshooting and equipment
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
o Power Point
Experience with Windows 7 Operating System
Experience with Windows Server a plus
o Server 2012 R2
o Server 2012
o Server 2008 R2
Experience with Microsoft Active Directory/Group Policy a plus
Experience with ERP applications a plus (JD Edwards preferred)
Experience with Computer Virtualization Software a plus (VMWare preferred)
Experience with Database Server software a plus (MS SQL preferred)
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and efficient manner
Ability to work well with people and be able to participate as part of a team as needed.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Exceptional problem solving/critical thinking and analytical skills
Strong experience successfully working with detail and deadline driven work
Must be accustomed to working on various issues simultaneously and ensuring the integrity of each project
RESPONSES TO THIS POST WILL BE REVIEWED. NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED. CALLS WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FROM CONSIDERATION AND NOT BE RETURNED.
Truck Drivers - Recent Cdl-A Grads With Credits And Transcript - Apply Now
Speak with a Recruiter now! 866-625-6047
Class-A CDL Experienced Truck Drivers
If you don't want to catch the bus, we will fly you to orientation. Your choice!
NAVAJO EXPRESS IS HIRING RECENT TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOL GRADS WITH 140 CREDIT HOURS!
Paid Training with a certified Driver Trainer
Low cost Medical, Dental, Vision after 90 days
Must have 140 credit hour certificate & transcript
NAVAJO EXPRESS REQUIREMENTS:
140 credit hours certificate and transcript
No DUI/DWAI in last 5 years
No controlled substance charges in last 10 year
Please Note: Driving for Navajo Express also means you will receive great benefits! Medical, dental, vision, life insurance and paid vacations!
WHO IS NAVAJO EXPRESS?
Navajo Express is a family owned and operated business by Don Digby Sr. and his family, which has been in operation since 1981. We are a 48 state refrigerated and dry van carrier, based out of Denver, CO.
NAVAJO EXPRESS HIRING AREAS:
We are now hiring truck drivers in the following areas: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas Utah, Virginia, Washington and Wyoming.
Fire Alarm Systems Sales Representative
As an outside fire alarm systems sales representative, you will be responsible for generating new installation projects for alarm systems through electrical contractors and end users.
· 3+ years fire alarm sales experience
· Ability to establish relationships with electrical contractors and end user customers
· Proficient with computers
· Excellent follow-up and organizational skills
· Excellent written and oral communications skills
Since 1993, New York Fire Detection has been supplying and servicing some of the country's most prestigious government, health care, commercial high rise, hotel and resort facilities. We offer the highest quality Life Safety, Security and Communications Systems and provide everything from design, engineering, installation, to testing and maintenance. New York Fire Detection is one of the few companies who have met the requirements of Underwriter Laboratories in order to become UL-certified. Whether Fire Alarm, Access Control, CCTV, Intrusion, Intercom Systems or products utilized for homeland security, we've got it all!
ABOUT NEW YORK FIRE SERVICE
New York Fire Service, a division of New York Fire Detection, is an FDNY-certified Smoke Detector Maintenance company offering service agreements to meet NFPA, State and City requirements. Complete Life Safety systems and components are tested, inspected, cleaned, adjusted, & calibrated by NICET-certified, factory-trained technicians. Fully documented testing and sensitivity reports are then provided. New York Fire Service also maintains an in-house training center to teach and demonstrate all aspects of their Life Safety and Security systems, in a manner tailored to each clients specific needs. New York Fire Service is one of the few companies who have met the exacting requirements of Underwriter Laboratories in order to become UL-certified.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!