Portfolio Manager Job Description Sample
Credit Analyst & Portfolio Manager
Job Title: Credit Analyst & Portfolio Manager
Start Date: 4th Quarter 2017 / 1st Quarter 2018
Reports to: Executive Vice President & Chief Credit Officer
This position will be directly responsible for loan portfolio management, which shall include: credit analysis, financial statement spreading, and underwriting for both new and existing commercial clients as further described below. This position will report directly to the Executive Vice President and Chief Credit Officer of the Bank. The position will work closely with the Chief Lending Officer, Loan Officers, and other executives on customer relationship matters. The position will also interact with the Loan Administration team.
Direct Reports: None
Assist with monthly borrowing base certificates for accounts receivable based lines of credit;
Review advance requests for compliance with covenants in loan agreement;
Ongoing monitoring of loan covenants for borrowing base clients;
Monitor the general financial performance of the accounts receivable based credits in portfolio;
- Conduct quarterly monitoring of borrowing base clients;
- Conduct annual credit reviews for largest commercial relationships;
- Ongoing administration of loan exception tracking and financial statement compliance;
- Attend weekly loan meetings to discuss past due loans, loan pipeline, and other portfolio topics.
Credit Analysis & Underwriting:
Prepare credit analysis and financial statement spreads for loans under consideration;
- Perform industry analysis, where applicable, for larger commercial deals;
Perform any necessary due diligence for the credit underwriting;
Confirm OFAC compliance for borrower and guarantors during underwriting process;
Review credit reports for accuracy relative to financial statements submitted, repayment history, and address discrepancies;
Review IRS Form 4506-T to confirm match to source documents;
Review requests to determine if loans are in compliance with the Bank’s Loan & Credit Policy, as well as regulatory guidelines;
Review Term Sheet proposals for commercial clients where borrowing bases may be required;
Attend joint calls for prospective relationships and / or existing Bank customers;
Provide assistance to Mortgage Division related to analysis of business financial statements;
Follow-up with clients on pending items for loan request.
Loan Committee Process:
Distribute loans approved at Officer Loan Committee to appropriate parties for processing;
Gather signed loan approval summaries for distribution to Director Loan Committee;
Send weekly notice to Director Loan Committee members as to status of meeting;
Send loan package(s) to Director Loan Committee members for all meetings called;
Ensure minutes of each Director Loan Committee are signed and properly saved.
Attend Officer Loan Committee meetings, as necessary;
Assist with portfolio reporting to Board of Directors, as necessary;
- Process general servicing requests by loan customers;
Attend business events and functions in order to promote the Bank;
Maintain high level proficiency with the Bank’s products and services;
Continuing education and training in credit and lending;
Administrative duties as assigned;
Minor lifting may be required;
Other duties as assigned.
Prior experience and education:
Prior bank lending and credit underwriting experience;
Formal credit training a plus;
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
It is expected that each employee:
- Abides by current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Complies with established operating policies and procedures in order to maintain adequate controls and to support the Bank’s adherence to outside regulatory requirements.
It is understood that complying with all applicable safety and soundness and consumer compliance laws and regulations, taking the annually required consumer compliance courses, and adhering to the policies and procedures that facilitate compliance will all be factors considered when evaluating individual performance. Individual performance is rewarded in annual salary adjustments.
Bank compliance with laws and regulations is a factor considered in the calculation of incentive compensation. The ratings that the Bank receives from its regulators and its auditors are factored into the annual incentive compensation calculation. Your adherence to these laws and regulations and the policies and procedures that support them directly affect the Bank’s compliance. Annual incentive compensation rewards team performance. An employee will not be eligible for incentive compensation unless he/she takes the consumer compliance courses required of all employees and all the required consumer compliance courses for his/her job description or job responsibilities by the end of each calendar year. All required consumer compliance courses for the applicable year will be outlined in the Compliance Management Program posted on the intranet.
Data Analytics Portfolio Manager
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and manage the strategy & technical direction of the Global Security Directorate data analytics initiative in support of national security efforts to include DoE, DoD, Intelligence Community (IC), and homeland protection requirements.
Job Duties and
- Engage with senior management to build strategy and lead oversight and management for data analytics programs integration necessary to support global security programs, projects, and tasks and other sponsors, as required
- Promote the data analytics capabilities of ORNL/partners as they apply to the National Security community by reviewing national level requirements and using ORNL research to meet those requirements.
- Generate plans, proposals, budgets, and strategy for data analytics programs, applications and issues
- Provide scientific and technical advice for national level data analytics issues and ORNL programs
- Present briefings and instruction to technical audiences, leadership and sponsors on data analytics integration mission, issues, research and programs
- Identify and articulate ORNL capabilities and national security customer requirements to internal and external technical audiences, leadership and sponsors
- Maintain awareness of open research conducted in data analytics throughout the DOE complex and the world
- Initiate, propose, and advocate for insightful and impactful research efforts
- Consistently apply appropriate ES&H standards
- Maintain a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of values and ethics
Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Applied Math with 7+ years of experience (or equivalent). Experience in the data analytics arena is required. Operational experience in the data analytics and fusion arena at the national level agency or department with engagement at senior leadership level is mandatory. A thorough understanding of data analytics methods, tools, organization, and operational applications expected. This position requires the application of data analytics technical knowledge in conjunction with operational execution experience. Experience in the operational art of planning and executing mission, as well as possessing expert briefing skills is essential to success. Demonstrated ability and willingness to acquire new knowledge and learn new skills is essential. The incumbent must possess superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to proactively work independently and as a member of a team.
This position requires candidates to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance and a Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance based on Director of Central Intelligence Directive 6/4, which requires U.S. citizenship. Additionally, all employees of the Division are required to successfully complete an evaluation, including a polygraph examination
This position is a Workplace Substance Abuse program (WSAP) testing designed position which requires passing a pre-placement drug test and participation in an ongoing random drug testing program in which employees are subject to being randomly selected for testing. The occupant of this position will also be subject to an ongoing requirement to report to ORNL any drug-related arrest or conviction or receipt of a positive drug test result.
A Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science, or Applied Math with 5+ years of experience (or equivalent) in the data analytics field with both enterprise and all-source intelligence is desired.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience conducting, managing and directing classified research and development projects and experience working with the Department of Energy (DOE), Department of Defense (DoD) or US government intelligence agencies. The ability to look at a problem from multiple perspectives and consider/identify unexpected influences and factors is preferred.
Work Directions and Interfaces
Depending on the candidate’s program development experience the position will report directly to the Sector leads for GSD Intelligence Programs or GSD Defense & Homeland Security Programs; in either case, this individual will be a resource for all GSD sectors.
Measures of Effectiveness
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Excel (.xls, .xlsx), PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx), Adobe(.pdf), Rich Text Format(.rtf), HTML (.htm, .hmtl) and text files(.txt) up to 2MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
Notice: If the position requires a Security Clearance, reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR 707.4 will be conducted by the employer and a background investigation by the Federal government may be required to obtain an access authorization prior to employment and subsequent reinvestigations may be required.
If the position is covered by the Counterintelligence Evaluation Program regulations at 10 CFR 709, a counterintelligence evaluation may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
To be officially considered please go to https://www.ornl.gov/ornl/careers and apply.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify Employer.
ORNL’s diverse capabilities span a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines, enabling the Laboratory to explore fundamental science challenges and to carry out the research needed to accelerate the delivery of solutions to the marketplace. ORNL supports DOE’s national missions of:
Scientific discovery—We assemble teams of experts from diverse backgrounds, equip them with powerful instruments and research facilities, and address compelling national problems;
Clean energy—We deliver energy technology solutions for energy-efficient buildings, transportation, and manufacturing, and we study biological, environmental, and climate systems in order to develop new biofuels and bioproducts and to explore the impacts of climate change;
Security—We develop and deploy “first-of-a-kind” science-based security technologies to make the world a safer place.
Sr. Portfolio Manager - HNW
In 2001, Fiduciary Trust joined forces with Franklin Resources, Inc., a global investment management company operating as Franklin Templeton Investments. The acquisition presented both companies with an opportunity to expand and enhance their resources, services and global presence by combining complementary areas of expertise.
The Senior Portfolio Manager- High Net Worth Investment Management, is responsible for the delivery of the firm's full scope of investment services across a diverse high net worth client base. This role is multi-faceted with a primary focus of providing investment advice, investment management and client servicing. The senior portfolio manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the client's overall portfolio investment strategy, including client profiling, portfolio construction and implementation of the firm's investment policy. The senior portfolio manager will work with clients to determine their financial goals and investment objectives. Investment mandates may range from global multi-asset class to single asset class strategies. The senior portfolio manager has the responsibility to understand, implement and monitor the firm's investment policy and broad investment strategies, including asset allocation, recommended investment vehicles and individual securities to achieve stated client goals and objectives. The role requires a comprehensive understanding and monitoring of capital markets, global macro and policy dynamics and its implications for various asset classes including global equities, fixed Income and alternative strategies. The senior portfolio manager also evaluates all relevant investment research in order to build and rebalance portfolios within risk parameters and in an after-tax framework.
The position requires strong analytic skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills. In working with high net worth clients, a solid understanding of tax, trust and estate planning knowledge is important. In addition, the Senior Portfolio Manager will work with a team to provide additional services for clients, including financial planning, tax, trust and estate services to build and maintain client relationships for a diverse client base, including domestic and international individuals, families, and foundations. The role also requires working with business development to strategize approach in acquiring new business.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of broad investment strategy. This requires working with clients to develop client profiles and investment objectives. It also requires the monitoring of global macro events and assessing the implications on markets and client portfolios.
- Responsible for the assessment and analysis of portfolio returns and risk in client portfolios to rebalance as needed on an after-tax basis.
- Responsible for the determination of absolute and relative valuations of investment securities in client portfolios. Responsible for the integration of both global macro and market valuation into a well-defined investment view, rationale, strategy and portfolio construction applied across a diverse client base and communicated to clients.
- Manage assigned accounts according to specific client investment objectives and constraints including idea generation; the execution and the monitoring of the assets held in the portfolio to ensure maximization of portfolio performance; and through marketing efforts, make presentations to existing clients, prospective clients and referral sources.
- Interface with the strategy teams and research groups to understand and implement the firm's recommendations; monitor cash balances; review portfolio investment results; communicate strategy an d results to clients.
- Responsible for articulation of our current economic and market views, outlook, portfolio positioning and construction.
- Responsible for effective management and oversight of a highly customized dedicated book of business.
- Create presentation material that provides information to clients for their understanding of the investment strategy and returns for their portfolios.
- Responsible for ensuring that we are meeting the ever changing objectives and needs of our clients.
- Responsible for the articulation of the firm's overall capabilities, philosophy and approach generally, including asset allocation, equity, fixed income and manager selection processes. Work with business development to provide investment analysis and proposals to gain new business. Foster client additions by providing added value and building strong relationships.
Education and Experience:
- CFA or MBA or equivalent highly preferred.
- Requires a bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 10 years investment or finance experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of portfolio management and investment research experience required.
- Complete knowledge of the investment industry along with ability to analyze, interpret and present statistics in both written and oral presentations.
- Familiar with the High Net Worth Client Profile and objectives as well as trading, marketing and research functions.
- CFP or CPWA preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to interact with senior management on a regular basis
- Ability to represent the Company at professional and business functions in a competent manner
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software
- Ability to influence within own department and across the organization
- Travel required to various client and vendor locations
Sr. Portfolio Manager - HNW
Sr. Portfolio Manager
About Pacific Life:
WHERE YOUR POTENTIAL MEETS OUR PURPOSE:
At Pacific Life, you are given the opportunities and challenges to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best, every day. What you find here is something special - it's purposeful work done with a shared set of values that brings us all together.
Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. Headquartered in Newport Beach, CA, Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 2800 employees. We pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative and results-oriented. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success.
Direct involvement and oversight of credit transactions and ongoing portfolio management and commercial loan servicing activities within the Real Estate Investments' Asset Management area. Responsible for Low Income Housing Tax Credit ("LIHTC") affordable housing loan portfolios and other community-investment related private client deals. Additional responsibilities could include managing, training, and reviewing work of 2-3 direct reports .
Affordable Housing Loan Flow Program. Perform due diligence, credit analysis, documentation review, and closing requirements to complete mortgage loan purchases from originating banks. Extensive communication and coordination with internal and external parties (e.g. clients, borrowers, law firms, title companies).
Portfolio Management. With minimal supervision, work with borrowers and legal counsel to review and complete loan and borrower transactions (lease reviews, property encumbrances, loan modifications, property management changes, etc.) Submit to management written recommendations for approvals or declines. Ensure smoooth and timely closing of transactions. Perform loan collections and payoffs. Ensure compliance with regulatory provisions of loan documents, servicing agreements, and other contractual agreements.
Completion and delivery of reports, including investor, financial/credit and remittance related, and submission of requested materials to investors, rating agencies, and other parties. Work closely with analytics coordinator in order to fulfill and support assigned technical and analytical tasks required under analytics and investor reporting activities for portfolios serviced that require remittance modeling and reporting. Lead portfolio status/watchlist meetings with investors and management.
Management Responsibilities: Job may include managing, training, and reviewing work of up to 3 direct reports. The direct reports are primarily responsible for the coordination, review, and analysis of property and borrower financial statements, and property inspections.
5-7 years experience in commercial real estate, finance, and commercial loan servicing, including underwriting credit evaluation experience. BA/BS with emphasis in finance, accounting, or economics required. MBA/CPA preferred.
Experience with LIHTC investments.
Aptitude for understanding complex financial and legal documents. Proficiency with title, survey, and zoning.
Excellent analytical, research, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills.
Strong computer skills, including MS Office Word and Excel, financial calculator, willingness and ability to self-train in other tech/computer programs related to line of work.
Rapidly changing demanding environment; consequently, occasional extra hours and/or traveling are required. Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment (tight and strict deadlines) under minimal supervision, while demonstrating strong initiative, commitment, and judgment to ensure accuracy and timely completion of necessary tasks.
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
The Portfolio Manager of the Mortgage Finance Division is a professional position that will be responsible for various aspects of the multifamily bond portfolio. Will manage, monitor and review the multifamily loan management/asset management function and program for compliance and fiscal stability; assist with the structuring, underwriting, and financing of multifamily real estate transactions using a variety of financing options and subsidy sources available to the Commission; and will supervise the multifamily Financial Analyst and Program Compliance Specialist. Must possess the skills to evaluate markets and market conditions to determine the impact of market dynamics on the overall portfolio. Requires interaction with other departments within HOC as well as with external Trustees, and members of the bond team. Will identify issues and opportunities related to the furtherance of HOC's goals.Preferred
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or a related field; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in real estate finance and/or mortgage banking with most recent experience in the public sector
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Must possess strong computer skills, especially Excel
- Must possess strong writing and presentation skills
- Any combination of relevant training and experience may be evaluated
Residential Portfolio Manager
We are seeking a Residential Portfolio Manager to become a part of our team! . Driving is a requirement in this position. You will help plan and facilitate all management activities to include: inspections, check-ins and check-outs, maintenance, vendor development and communications, work orders and follow-ups.
Some Responsibilities include:
- Oversee and coordinate all annual inspections and regular check in and check out inspections of properties to include maintenance checks
- Attract new accounts to the portfolio
- Investigate and resolve tenant complaints
- Update clients regarding their properties to include any required maintenance
- Ensure all work order and repair requests are processed in a timely fashion
- Obtain and provide estimates for any work required for a clients property
- Work through all HOA violations on behalf of the landlord
- work closely with the leasing department
- Previous experience in property management or other related fields
- Familiarity with leases and landlord tenant law
- Ability to build rapport with tenants
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- work independently and as a team
- works well under pressure
Portfolio Manager - Student Housing
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT:https://www.cardinalgroup.com/careers.html?gnk=job&gni=8a7886115a5f2372015a620f7da50e1b&gns=ZipRecruiter
POSITION: Portfolio Manager (Full-Time, Exempt)
This position is primarily responsible for overseeing on-site operations from the corporate level across a portfolio of remote residential housing communities.
RESPONSIBILITIES(Including but not limited to)
- Maintains all operational community information: vendor contacts, employee rosters, budgets, marketing strategy, etc. on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Acts as the key point of contact between Cardinal HQ and the on-site teams.
- Prepares and interprets reports necessary for auditing community performance.
- Provides direct support to the Community Managers to ensure that all policies and procedures are followed according to best practice.
- Monitors team member performance and acts as an advisor for team member development and corrective action when necessary, including oversight of bi-annual performance reviews.
- Contributes to capital improvement projects as needed.
- Participates in Cardinal U training as required and monitors Team Member participation in Cardinal U.
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience in an area / regional manager capacity
- Student Housing experience required
- Successful leadership and motivation of direct reports in previous roles
- Excellent time management and organization skills as well as a professional attitude
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and prioritize
- Must have EXCELLENT analytical skills, attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Ability to problem solve and think outside of the box
- Willing to travel a minimum of 8-12 weeks per year
- Professional written and verbal communication as well as great interpersonal skills required
- Customer service focused (i.e. generating accurate and timely results and effectively communicating to team members, co-workers and management)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to embody the Cardinal Culture and Cardinal’s Core Values every day
COMPENSATION: Biweekly, plus Benefits and Bonus eligibility
The portfolio manager is charged with managing primarily a large commercial loan portfolio (some consumer mortgage loans are included) to identify and obtain necessary documentation to meet standards of loan file completeness. The portfolio manager contacts borrowers to collect past due pmts and stays on top of past due pmt collections. Communicates with senior management about past due pmts. Contacts attorneys, and title companies as needed to collect closing packages and title policies and Or, to resolve other issues. The Portfolio manager is knowledgeable and understands loan documentation requirements. Stays abreast of industry changes. Prepares note modifications, tracks outstanding items and follows up timely to collect needed documents. Review and process new loan files and scanning of loan documents into imaging system. Other duties are assigned.
Real Estate Portfolio Manager
The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for a portfolio of off-campus student housing assets located across the United States. He/she will be a direct report to the Director of Asset Management. The position holder should have supervisory experience at public asset management firms and/or private real estate companies. Working with senior officers of Finance and Investment, he/she will spearhead the development of business plans, including acquisition and disposition strategies for an existing portfolio of student housing assets and new acquisitions, for which he/she is responsible for budgets, financial reporting, leasing, capital plans, and hiring.
The Asset Management division is responsible for the management of the Company’s real estate portfolio. The department is responsible for maximizing the performance and value of the Company’s portfolio of real estate assets, developing and implementing strategies that provide improved cash flow and strengthen long-term value.
- Responsible for working directly with Company executives to define the Company’s acquisition and disposition strategy
- Participates in underwriting, due diligence and pre-acquisition business plan development
- Executes business plan for assets post acquisition to achieve pre-determined investment objectives
- Develops budgets and financial performance model that properly captures and allocates all appropriate revenues and expenses by asset and portfolio and facilitates meaningful variance analysis and annual budgets
- Sets up and periodically updates multi -year Cash Flow models by asset and portfolio
- Creates monthly, quarterly and annual reports and presentations (verbal and written) of financial results, variance analyses and cash flow forecasts for clients, investors and senior management
- Develops rental rate and occupancy strategies and leasing programs
- Maintains accurate books and records
- Manages team of regional managers
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, or Real Estate Required
- Top university and Master’s Degree in Business Administration Preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Services or Real Estate Asset Management
- Entrepreneurial Minded
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities
- An analytical mind and the ability to use data and analytics to compile objective and measurable results-oriented data
Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
Benefits package available
Vie Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
A strong, rapidly growing property management firm, Ogden & Company, Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for our portfolio property manager position.
Portfolio Property Managers manage multiple condominium associations and residential apartments. With management of the condominiums, the primary contact is with Boards of Directors, homeowners, and private contractors serving the association. This position includes initiating correspondence, assigning work orders and monitoring work, solicitation of bids, processing design review requests, preparation for and attendance of board meetings (usually in the evening), presentation of all financials, financial data review, handling notices and violations. The residential management the primary contact is with the property owner and then with the tenants that occupy. You are responsible for the complete performance of the properties in your portfolio, including leasing, collecting rents, renewals, capital projects, etc.
Previous experience in condominium association management a plus
Previous experience in residential apartment management a plus
Competent computer skills
Knowledge of the following programs: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
Knowledge of Yardi is a plus but not required.
Ability to effectively and professionally communicate orally and in written forms.
Ability to multi-task and keep calm under pressure.
A positive attitude and willingness to dive in.
This position has a flexible schedule and will require some evening hours. We offer full benefits/401k.
Please email a cover letter and resume.
Located in downtown Milwaukee in the heart of the North End.
Walking distance to great restaurants, grocery store, fun places to gather after hours, and on the river with great walking paths for midday break! Company does outings, cook-outs, company meetings, and much more.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!