Potomac Job Description Sample
Tax Senior Accountant
Tax seniors are integral members of our professional team, and the work performed is at the core of what we do for our clients. As a Tax Senior you have responsibility over providing tax planning and compliance services to high-net-worth individuals and closely held businesses. Tax Seniors are exposed to primarily tax work, but also auditing and accounting providing support to a variety of client engagements. Tax Seniors set up time budgets on engagements they have previously handled and may be asked to direct staff accountants to employ methods which will accomplish the objectives of the engagement.
Our ideal candidate will have acute technical abilities, demonstrated ability to manage client relationships, and the desire to be an intricate part of business development and marketing strategies. This is a great opportunity for candidates who are looking to further develop their career, particularly in pursuit of a partnership track. This full-time position includes competitive compensation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Trace procedures from origin of transaction through initial recording to final disposition in the accounts (flow charting)
- Prepare workpaper schedules analyzing activity in virtually all general ledger accounts and apply procedures as required by the type of engagement to the data included on the workpaper
- Apply inquiry and analytical procedures to financial data and evaluate the reasonableness of a client’s explanations for variances arising in connection with performing such work
- Assess the reasonableness of estimates used by the client in recording transactions
- Review internal controls and document the understanding in the form of a memorandum, flow chart, checklist or combination thereof
- Classify accounts for financial statement presentation
- Determine the existence of contingent liabilities by review of correspondence with attorneys, examination of minutes, inquiries to clients, etc
- Determine the extent of test-checking required in an audit and select the period to be tested
- Prepare moderately complicated tax returns
- Suggest client tax planning ideas to a supervisor, manager, or partner.
- Write comments for reportable conditions letters
- Prepare routine correspondence to the client for approval and signature of a partner or manager
- Set up books of account for new businesses
- Prepare budgets
- Suggest improvements to engagement management for increased efficiencies in subsequent engagements
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary
- MUST possess a BS/BA degree in Accounting
- CPA designation preferred
- 2 - 3 years progressive experience in public accounting preparing and reviewing tax returns for various types of entities (primarily S-Corp, C-Corp, and Partnerships) and industries, tax planning, client interaction and performing special tax projects for clients; knowledge of partnership taxation in the real estate industry strongly desired
- 1 or more years experience in tax accounting with an emphasis on corporate tax and high net worth self-employed individuals
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Proven technical skills with Excel, Word, and tax preparation software; experience with ProSystem Tax strongly desired
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and clients
- Strong desire to be an intricate part of business development and marketing strategies
- Strong excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task; must be detail oriented
- Possess positive and professional attitude
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites
Benefits: Grossberg Company LLP offers a competitive compensation package including salary, training and opportunities for advancement; medical, dental, disability insurance, life insurance, retirement program including profit sharing; paid holidays and vacation, cafeteria plan, flex-time policy, company sponsored gym membership, and business casual attire dress code.
Qualified candidates should apply on-line at http://grossberg.catsone.com/careers
Business Development Manager (Pre-Sales Project Manager), Education & Government
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Business Development Managers are the key conduit between the dynamic Professional Services organization and the burgeoning Field Sales organization. The Business Development Manager is responsible for strategy, implementation, and management of all Professional Services business development activities with our Workday Student prospects and customers.
What you'll do:
Work with Sales Teams and Service Partners on pursuit efforts, prioritizing opportunities and allocating resources accordingly for all Workday Student opportunities.
Maintain accurate and timely customer, pipeline, and service forecast data.
Cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with Service partners.
Create Professional Services statement-of-work and manage contracting process.
Create and validate Professional Services Proposal and high level Project Plan.
Understand the competitive landscape and customer needs so you can effectively position Workday Professional Services.
Respond to complex RFP's/RFI's/RFQ's issued by higher education institutions.
Mentor new services team members.
Provide support for services activities and events.
If you have a strong knowledge of vendors, products, and services in the HCM, Financial and Student enterprise application space and 5-7 years of experience selling consulting services in support of Student Information Systems to higher education clients, and a proven ability in managing complex services sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful service revenue and profitability attainment, this opportunity may be a great fit for you!
Skills and Other Requirements:
5+ years of experience in a professional service and/or a similar environment
Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
Partner relationship management and contract experience (drafting and executing legal documents)
Ability to analyze data, reports and dashboards and a willingness to "dive into" systems and formulate new and better ideas on how to better support stakeholders
Ability to work well in a fast paced environment with conflicting priorities. This is a high volume role where individuals must be reliable, accurate, and provide rapid turnaround
Strong systems administration knowledge. Experience with PSA, CRM systems, Workday, and SalesForce.com a plus
Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
Passion for customer service
Highly adaptable in a constantly changing environment
Ability to manage change effectively and go above and beyond with a positive attitude
Strong attention to detail and ability to follow defined process steps is required
Ability to work effectively with multi-disciplined teams using a combination of business and technical skills
Ability to travel 50 percent or more of the time
Chief Financial Officer
ATSC has an immediate opening for a seasoned and resourceful CFO to help lead us through our next stage of growth. This position will report directly to the CEO/President and will be a key partner and advisor to Leadership. The CFO will be responsible for assuring accurate, timely and compliant financial reporting, and key player in the implementation of internal controls/compliance and processes for the company.
Location: McLean, VA
- Provides leadership and mentorship to the Finance team
- Experience in financial oversight of FFP and CPFF types of contracts
- Manages and directs all accounting functions to include general ledger accounting, financial reporting, cost accounting, payroll/timekeeping, accounts payable and receivable
- Must have strong Costpoint hands-on knowledge to enable troubleshooting or items such as cost pool setup, revenue calculations, billing calculations, etc.
- Experience in leading/supporting M&A activities
- Responsible for continuously assessing current operations to identify and implement efficiencies
- Utilizing Deltek Costpoint - manage accounting services for assigned clients, responsible for project management of accounting scheduling and manages DCAA audits
- Maintains complete control of the balance sheet
- Oversees indirect rate structures, budgets, forecasts, incurred cost submissions, and general ledger, prepares monthly financial statements and variance analysis
- Completes and reviews financial reports and manages the general ledger.
- Serves as part of the Executive team.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance, MBA and or CPA highly desirable
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles
- 8+ years of experience working for a government contractor
- Strong knowledge of FAR and DCAA regulations and requirements
- PC Proficiency including excel.
- Proficiency in pricing methodology for government contracts
- Proficiency in Deltek Costpoint, Federal and State Taxes
- Active security clearance preferred.
ATSC has an immediate opening for Proposal/Technical Writer who will be responsible for the content/research and distribution of presentations, white papers, proposals, and other supporting technical documentations for internal and external distribution.
BS/BA Degree in Journalism, English Literature, Marketing, or Humanities
A minimum of 8 years of experience writing technical proposals
Stellar editing, grammer, writing skills
SME knowledge of C4ISR, Border Protection and Logistics terminology
Ability to handle high volume of RFP's, RFI's, and initial data calls
Proficiency in abillity to present complex ideas in written or graphic form
Prior experience in Army, Airforce and Navy RFP's a must
Ability to analyze large volume of data with minimal error
Share best practices in proposal management
Active Secret Clearance
Assume project lead responsibilities as assigned
Angularjs Developer, Angular 2.0
We are looking for an experienced Front End Developer with strong Angular 2.0 experience to support multiple projects from our headquarters based in McLean, VA (We're conveniently located close to McLean Station)
- Soup to nuts realization of front-end application components
- User Interface/User Experience Design using wire-framing and rapid prototyping
- Security integration, token management and session context
- Extensive REST API integration
- 5+ years of professional Front-End UI/Web Development experience
- 5+ years of experience in HTML 5, CSS3, Bootstrap, and Front-end design best-practices
- Experience in Responsive UI development from scratch.
- Experience in REST web services consumption and design principals.
- Multiple healthcare plans to fit your life for Medical, Vision, Dental & Prescription
- Employer paid Life Insurance & Long/Short Disability Insurance
- 3 weeks PTO
- 8 paid holidays and 2 paid floating holidays
- 401k, vested immediately
- A flexible work schedule
- Excellent work life balance
- A commitment to creating a fulfilling work environment
Sr. Proposal Manager
Advanced Technology Systems Company (ATSC) is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented candidate to lead the development, acquisition and life cycle support of integrated Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance. The successful candidate will possess demonstrated leadership experience managing proposal responses for Schedules, GWACs, IDIQs, BPAs, and Task/Delivery Orders of varying size and complexity. The Sr. Proposal Manager will participate in opportunity-specific solutioning sessions and provide thought leadership in developing customer-focused, persuasive solutions that incorporate value propositions, win themes, and well-defined methodology/approach concepts. This position will report to the Director of Business Development, and will work out of the ATSC corporate headquarters facility in McLean, VA.
- Analyze draft and final RFP documentation; create the compliance matrix; and develop, collect, and review clarifying questions of the RFP requirements.
- Prepare all supporting proposal development documentation including the proposal management plan, schedule, kick-off meeting materials, annotated outline with content and page allocation guidance, writer assignments, writing templates, data calls.
- Initiate regularly scheduled standup calls to review proposal development status and identify issues/challenges from proposal team members requiring resolution.
- Monitor solicitation developments (amendments, answers to questions, etc.) and keep proposal writers/teammates updated, revising proposal outline/schedule/etc. as appropriate.
- Manage/track data input requirements from across corporate functional sections, internal Subject Matter Experts, and participating external teaming partner/consultant representatives.
- Write proposal content (e.g. Executive Summary, Technical and Management Approach, Past Performance Descriptions).
- Conduct iterative reviews of draft proposal sections to identify gaps in compliance and provide inputs to increase the quality and persuasiveness of proposal content.
- Coordinate color team reviews in accordance with the proposal schedule, develop reviewer in-briefs, and consolidate/organize reviewer comments into proposal writer out-brief presentations.
- Document identified proposal development execution issues as they occur; lead post-submission Lessons Learned and support corrective action planning/implementation.
- Maintain critical corporate repositories including submitted proposals; corporate-formatted resumes; marketing materials; and internal guides, procedures, and templates.
- Perform ad hoc tasks and support internal initiatives as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, English, or related highly analytical field of study.
- Over ten (10) years of experience supporting federal and commercial proposal development efforts in roles of increasing responsibility.
- Superior skills using the MS Office Suite and Adobe DC Pro; familiarity with other Adobe Creative Suite applications highly beneficial.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact professionally with multiple levels of internal and external customers; high proficiency in technical writing/editing, with a sharp eye for detail.
- Capability to perform tasks independently, with minimal supervision, and proactively anticipate emerging work requirements.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends during surge periods.
- Proposal Management Training - APMP highly beneficial.
- Proficiency using collaboration and document repository tools such as SharePoint.
- Ability to perform desktop publishing and create graphics.
Must be a U.S. citizen with or with the ability to obtain a government security clearance.
ATSC has an open position for a Junior Engineer.
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 2-3 years working in DOD government contracting environment
- Military Experience Preferred
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Handle all accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, cash and general ledger.
- Preparing financial statements, balance sheets, cash flow projections, budgets, budget-to-actuals, financial projections and tax statements.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulations
- Develop financial strategy and ensuring quality control over financial transactions and reporting
- Sustain financial objectives with strategic planning to improve P&L statement
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and prepare monthly financial statements.
- Preparing high-level financial reporting and analysis and share reports and findings with management team.
- Masters level degree in Finance / Accounting or bachelor’s with CPA
- 10+ years of combined accounting and finance experience
- High level analytical skills and brilliant management ability
- Expertise of compliant accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software use and administration skills
- Detail oriented, well organized and a self-motivator
- Strong interpersonal, including leadership and presentations.
- Mclean, VA
- Competitive annual salary and bonus
- 100% Medical for employee with employer HSA
- Low cost 401K plan with 3% employer match
- Relocation package
- Career Growth
- Training and Certification opportunities
- Tech Conferences
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply to the position, send a copy of your resume and covering letter.
Ravi Sundar | Senior Recruiting Manager
Enquizit, Inc | www.enquizit.com
Duties Tasks and Responsibilities
The Contracts Manager is an individual contributor, who must have a solid understanding of statutory and regulatory rules that govern federal contracting. This position requires an individual who has in-depth knowledge of the various aspects of US Federal Government contracting to include proposal development negotiations, administration, and contract close-out. The Contracts Manager will administer contracts and develop/maintain business relationships at the project and program level. The candidate will implement contracting strategies, answer questions on the operational aspects of contracting and specific contract management aspects pertaining to the programs assigned contribute to new and innovative business and contracting solutions support business planning activities. The candidate must be independent and a self-starter and as much focused on the business of the business as they are on contractual matters.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field.
Minimum Education Experience
Bachelor's plus 8 years of experience or the equivalent in job-relevant work experience 7 years of experience in contract negotiation/administration, preferably specializing in government contracts, procurement and/or contract management. Post graduate work, or contracts related certification(s) a plus.
Thorough understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations, Supplemental Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards, and preparing Cost, Business Management, and small business subcontracting plans for proposals. Experience with all forms of government solicitations (RFP, RFQ, and other forms) and managing all forms of government contracts (Cost-type, FFP, TM IDIQ contracts, GWACS, and GSA Multiple Award Schedules), including reviewing and understanding pricing, representations and certifications, and subcontracting issues. Experience analyzing, formulating, negotiating contract documents such as, Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), Teaming Agreements (TAs), etc. Experience in billing/invoicing as well as collections. The candidate will be expected to resolve payment issues as required. Candidate must have experience in completing Federal Government Representation and Certifications (Section K). Government Property Management experience is also helpful.
Portfolio Management Software Specialist
Sullivan, Bruyette, Speros & Blayney, LLC (SBSB) has a current opening for a Portfolio Management Software Specialist to join our Wealth Advisory Practice in McLean, VA. This position works collaboratively within the Technology and Portfolio Operations team to maintain and improve our portfolio accounting software and related systems.
Are you looking to be part of a collegial, client-focused, fee-only wealth advisory firm? SBSB takes a thoughtful, thorough, and personalized approach to providing financial planning, portfolio management, tax, and fiduciary services to our clients.
SBSB is committed to investing in our people and nurturing team members who embrace our philosophy of developing deep expertise, providing excellent client service, and putting clients’ needs first. Our collaborative, team-oriented environment results in exceptional opportunities for long-term professional development.
Portfolio Management Software Specialist
- Develops strong knowledge of SBSB software packages
- Demonstrates or develops familiarity with industry
- Supervises and supplements outsourced portfolio accounting, reporting and reconciliation system
- Provides system and data-related support to client service teams
- Coordinates with client service teams on client account opening/maintenance
- Ensures accurate client data by identifying, creating, and reviewing audit reports; performs the necessary follow up
- Supports quarterly billing process and one-off billing of client accounts including audits and data reviews
- Works closely with custodian representatives
- Identifies processing improvements, recommends and works with other departments to help implement effective solutions
- Develops/maintains written internal procedures
- Fields requests from other departments and suggests implementation to handle them to Director of Technology
- With direction from Director of Technology, manages priorities and tasks and helps to ensure that department is operating efficiently
- Provides portfolio software related training to new staff and monitors and advises on new releases and enhancements
- Provides meaningful input on strategic initiatives
- Key Manager of Operations
- Identifies and shares relevant industry knowledge with other team members
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Business, STEM, or similar field preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; experience with CRM and document management
- Strong knowledge of a portfolio management system such as Advent (Axys/APX/Black Diamond), Tamarac Advisor View, Portfolio Center, or Orion
- Familiarity with custodial platforms such as Schwab, Fidelity, Pershing, TD
- Effective communication and analytical skills
- Ability to successfully lead initiatives
- 3+ years relevant work experience
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!