Poway Job Description Sample
Event Specialist Part Time Sales
Event Specialist Part Time Sales
Are you outgoing, friendly and enjoy meeting new people? Our part time Event Specialist jobs are fun and exciting and could be a great fit for you! Join our winning team as a retail demonstrator promoting best in class products at your local retailers. You can be the brand ambassador who excels in captivating an audience during in-store events, with an emphasis on brand awareness, product demonstration and sales. The in-store demonstrator is responsible for reviewing program materials, set up and break down of the work area, and the preparation and sampling of products on scheduled event days. Take this chance to join the largest sales and marketing agency in North America, Employer, where you will receive top-notch training and competitive pay rates.
- Set up, break down, product preparation and sampling during in-store demonstrations.
- Generate brand awareness and positive product impressions to increase sales.
- Assess customers individual usage needs and interests in order to best recommend products.
- Timely completion of all call reports, paperwork, and on-going personal training by required deadlines.
- High School Diploma preferred or equivalent job-related experience.
- Experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, brand promotion or retail/grocery.
- Interact in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing manner with management, clients, and consumers in any setting.
- Stand comfortably for up to 6 hours a day.
- Able to work independently and as a motivated team player.
- Ability to work a part-time retail schedule, Monday through Sunday.
- Minimal travel required for training or other scheduled events.
- Daily access to a PC computer with internet/email access.
Employer is one of North Americas leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Employer services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Employer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.Responsibilities
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Employer is one of North Americas leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Employer services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Event Specialist generates excitement, customer engagement, brand awareness, and increased product sales through conducting event demonstrations. The Event Specialist is responsible for physically preparing, maintaining, and cleaning the demonstration area (including physically assembling and otherwise setting up and later breaking down the demonstration cart); actively marketing the product being demonstrated by physically approaching nearby shoppers to gain their attention and interest; preparing (e.g., cooking) and providing food or beverage samples or otherwise demonstrating the product to those shoppers who are successfully drawn in; and reading program materials as assigned to be able to conduct informed product-related discussions with consumers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct demo event for approximately 5 ¾ hours
- Get out in front of and move around cart area to approach customers within 10 feet of cart
- Engage customers in a professional and memorable manner which generates enthusiasm for the product and the event and helps create a positive shopper experience
- Educate the consumer about the products, create brand awareness, and drive product sales
- Prepare product samples using demo equipment such as sharp knives, cooking appliances, and other food preparation tools
- Offer product samples to consumers
- Keep cart adequately stocked with samples, ingredients, and products for purchase, obtaining items from locations throughout the store as needed
- Maintain the area surrounding the demo in a safe and clean condition
Set up event within approximately 15 minute period
- Push cart weighing up to 52-74 lbs. a distance of 150-300 feet from storage area to event execution area
- Carry appliances/equipment weighing up to 20 lbs. a distance of 5-10 feet
- Retrieves product and supplies (requires lifting up to 20 lbs., reaching overhead; and carrying up to 20 lbs, up to 40 lbs at some locations, for a distance of 5 feet)
- Assemble cart and construct/set-up/display Point of Purchase materials, insert price signs, display product information, and lift signs up to 5 lbs.
- Set up and display product/materials on cart
Break down and clean up event within approximately 15 minute period
- Clean-up and sanitize cart
- Disassemble cart
- Push cart weighing up to 52-74 lbs. a distance of 150-300 feet from event execution area to storage area
- Return appliances/equipment by carrying items weighing up to 20 lbs. a distance of 5-10 feet
- Wash utensils and cookware
Perform administrative work
- Study product materials to develop product knowledge
- Review event schedule
- Complete call reports
- Attend trainings
- Check voice mails and emails
- Participate in scheduled calls with Supervisor/others as needed
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Significant experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales or retail/grocery is highly desirable
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Reading comprehension
- Active listening
- Ability to understand and apply new information, procedures or principles to perform job duties
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting form one to another with frequent interruptions
- Time management
- Detail orientation
- Basic computer skills to enter and locate information, including familiarity with Word, Excel and Internet usage
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Positive demeanor
- Sales orientation
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Willingness to uphold ethical standards, laws and company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of ASM demo guidelines related to selling, preparing samples, and safety
- Ability to use demo preparation and cooking equipment such as small countertop appliances, utensils and thermometers
- Knowledge of food safety policies and procedures
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to move throughout demo area to engage the customer
- Ability to move to locate products and supplies
- Ability to visually locate merchandise and other objects
- Execute demonstrations on scheduled date and time (subject to any schedule adjustments necessary to properly complete set up and break down or as otherwise modified by ASM management)
- Stand for up to 6 hours (other than legally required breaks/meal periods) and actively move around store up to a distance of about ½ mile to obtain, set up, and clean up demonstration cart and related equipment/materials; obtain product from shelves; conduct demonstration event
- May need to pass online Food Safety certification (all training hours will be paid for by the Company)
- Certain product demonstrations may require specialized talent, experience, expertise, skills, knowledge, certification, or duties in order to be eligible to conduct a particular event. If an associate does not satisfy the particular requirements for the specialized event, he/she would remain eligible for the standard, non-specialized events otherwise available to all associates in the position (to the extent such positions are available). Examples of the talent, experience, expertise, skills, knowledge, certification, or duties which may be required to conduct a specialized event include (without limitation): ability to satisfy requirements necessary to conduct product demonstrations involving alcoholic beverages; Food Safety Certification; Responsible Alcohol Server Certification; video game /other consumer electronics knowledge, skills, and experience
- Reliable access to a computer and a phone on a daily basis
- Satisfactory completion of background check/drug testing subject to applicable law
- Must perform the job safely and utilize proper safety techniques and use of equipment when appropriate.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding Employer Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by ones supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employer reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Employer shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).Important Information
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Employer. Come learn why Winning Together is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Employer is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Employer shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.
Class A CDL Truck Driver
Heartland Express is hiring Class A CDL Truck Drivers for Over the Road (OTR), Regional, Dedicated, Team, Temperature Controlled (Refrigerated), Heavy Haul and Short Haul truck driving jobs. Heartland now offers more routes, more programs, and even better pay packages.
Heartland believes that CDL-A truck drivers should be rewarded better in our industry, and has taken a gigantic step forward to back up these commitment to ourr truck drivers. We offer a wide range of benefits! Apply today to start a great career with us!
Licensed Vocational Nurse
Arch Health Medical Group is a growing multi-specialty medical group with more than 80 providers and 300 employees serving nearly 80,000 patients in San Diego County. Our medical centers are conveniently located in Poway, Rancho Penasquitos, Escondido, Ramona, and Valley Center. We are a Palomar Health affiliate.
Our dedicated team works together to deliver affordable, patient-focused care that combines the latest advancements in technology and medicine with a superior experience. We are always looking for talented, compassionate, qualified professionals who will embrace our culture of excellence, service, integrity and innovation.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Licensed Vocational Nurse in our Cardiology department. This is full time opportunity and does require support of both Cardiology clinic locations (Escondido and Poway). The position will require travel between both clinics on a weekly basis.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare patients for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and cares for patients during treatment; administers medications subcutaneous, intramuscularly, intradermal, subdermal, and/or orally
- Take temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure of patients as necessary; applies and changes dressings; may collect specimens for laboratory analysis; assists physicians, mid-level providers, and registered nurses in performing examinations, tests and treatments
- Administer electrocardiograms/other diagnostic testing, ear lavages, IVs, and nebulizer treatments
- Maintain clinical records and reports (electronically)
- Review patient charts to determine what type of treatment the patient may require
- Monitor the electronic medical record inbox for referrals, office procedure, and diagnostics
- Request insurance referrals through various insurance companies
A qualified candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 1 year experience as an LVN, preferably in an outpatient clinic
- Current LVN Licensure, IV certification
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an accredited LVN program.
- Current principles, techniques and procedures used in professional nursing
- Medical terminology and patient care routine appropriate to clinical setting
- Medical instruments and equipment
- The uses and effects of medicines and narcotics
- Federal, State and local laws and regulations governing professional aspects of nursing
Arch Health Medical Group offers competitive benefits program including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group term life insurance and voluntary life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Holidays
Arch Health Medical Group maintains a drug-free workplace and smoke free working environment. Employees are required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen. Smoking is permitted in designated areas outside of Arch offices.
Arch Health Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace.
Based in San Diego, California, with more than 84 providers and 300 employees serve nearly 80,000 patients in San Diego County at our medical centers in Poway, Rancho Penasquitos, 4S Ranch, Escondido, Ramona, and Valley Center. We are a Palomar Health affiliate.
Our convenient locations offer outpatient services such as primary and specialty care, physical therapy, diagnostic, and urgent care. Our partnership with Palomar Health allows us to provide inpatient services.
At Arch Health Medical Group, our primary goal is to be patient-focused throughout our organization and to serve our community with excellence – every day.
To heal, comfort and promote health in the communities we serve
Arch Health Medical Group will be the top choice for health care services of those expecting a superior patient experience and the highest quality of care.
We are seeking a Male Caregiver to join our team! You will assist in the care of a disabled individual. BrightStar Care is seeking a Male caregiver to help us on the weekends from 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm Saturday and Sunday with a Male client who is a paraplegic from chest down.
- Assist clients with daily living activities
- Communicate ongoing care results and updates to relevant parties
- Collaborate with clients and families for best care opportunities
- Maintain a healthy and comfortable living environment
- Assist client with Transfers in and out of wheelchair
- Assist client with daily showers/bathing/grooming
- Assist client with dressing
- Assist client with meal prep, and cooking
- Assist client with errands
- Assist client with Range of Motion
- Previous experience in personal care or other related fields
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have HCA registration
- Must have completed Live Scan
- Must be able to Drive with reliable transportation
Part-Time Retail Merchandiser - Poway, CA
About Anderson Merchandisers
We‘ve been around for 100 years and became the nation’s largest merchandiser of entertainment products. We now represent many different clients in multiple retail chains. We pride ourselves on an unparalleled ability to deliver best-in-class in-store execution to increase our client’s and retailer’s sales.
We are a family company in more than just name. At Anderson Merchandisers, your success is our success. Simply put, we are who you are. Some of our biggest business-building ideas have come directly from our associates. When it comes down to it, it is our people who make our company great.
The Sales Merchandiser position is responsible for the execution of Anderson Merchandisers standards to drive sales and meet retailer and client expectations This position is under the supervision of the District Sales Manager but daily communication and follow-up with the Territory Sales Lead is expected.
IND-123Retail Execution West LLCSales
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Anderson Merchandisers has additional facilities across the United States and around the world. More than 3,000 Anderson merchandising experts work on behalf of clients in more than 4,000 retail locations.
We are a merchandising partner for national brand names in a variety of consumer product categories. We handle many popular products that most of us buy every day!
Asst Human Resources Manager
The Assistant Human Resources Manager will support the Human Resources Manager and other HR individuals on the full spectrum of daily human resource functions including recruiting and on boarding, benefits, training and development, employee relations, performance management and special projects as needed.
The Assistant Human Resources Manager sets a positive, optimistic and enthusiastic tone for both employees and external clients as well as the ability to work tactfully with cross functional teams and influence peers and superiors to work towards common goals.
Responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for all aspects of recruiting: sourcing, applicant screening, assist with interviews, background investigations, new hire paperwork, etc.
- Work collaboratively with managers to resolve employee relations issues, including coaching on performance-related matters and associated processes.
- Assist with develop and implement procedures, communication plans, performance reviews, new hire orientation, training, and benefits planning.
- Work with management to identify training needs and staff development opportunities.
- Coordinate new employee orientation and onboarding.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Responsible for Prevailing Wage and Certified Payroll Reporting (CPR).
- Participate in the development of safety, health and wellness programs, practices and services.
- Maintain a good understanding of federal and state law.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience as human resources generalist
- Experience working with multiple branches – preferred.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player, detail-orientated, and flexible.
- Ability to handle the pressure of interruptions while working on multiple tasks.
- Self-starter and able to work with limited supervision.
Bay City Electric Works offers an excellent benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, Company-paid Life/AD&D, Company-paid STD & LTD, 401(k) match with immediate vesting, paid time off and holidays.
Product support are essential in our day to day operation of new equipment sales, repairs, maintenance
JoJo's Hair Salon is looking a hair stylist to join our team (family). We are open to part-time or full-time on either commission or hourly. A stylist with experience and clientele is preferred. Saturdays are busy and we need someone to take walk-ins. Tuesday through Friday are also open.
Sales Representative, Services
High School Diploma or higher 3+ years Inside Sales experience Must be proficient in Microsoft applications Must be Professional with excellent communication skills This position will pay $16/hr plus commission Hours- Typically Mon-Fri 6a-3:30p- But could possibly vary This position is in North County- Inland. If qualified and interested, please call 858-268-9844 Ext 203 or apply online. You can also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poway, CA 92064
Start Date: Feb 20th
10 months w/ possibility to convert or extend
Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:30pm
- Assemble electromechanical prototypes and products of medium complexity quickly and with great attention to quality and detail.
- Perform functional tests as defined by Engineering on sub-assemblies and finished products.
- Work with Engineering to develop and improve test methodologies, test fixtures and test data analysis as needed.
- Build experimental and prototype equipment, perform electrical, mechanical, and analytical tests on equipment and provide performance and manufacturability feedback to engineers and the development team.
- Accurately track part consumption and record any waste.
- Manage inventory by providing accurate counts and estimates to Operations Manager and organizing storage of excess parts and completed products.
- Pack and ship completed products.
- One year’s experience in a related position.
- Electromechanical (mobile phones, tablets, laptops, & wearables assembly and disassembly.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient at soldering, including population and rework of printed circuit boards assemblies based on leaded and surface mount components.
- Basic skills in test and troubleshooting of electronic circuits with a focus on low voltage applications used in consumer electronics.
- Working knowledge and experience with common electrical bench test equipment including multimeters and oscilloscopes.
- Basic knowledge of electrical theory pertaining to analog and digital circuit designs is preferred.
- Experience with automation via tools such as Labview, Python or scripting is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Ability to perform detailed design work both independently and collaboratively.
- Occasionally required to sit, stand, use hands to handle or manipulate tools or other objects, reach with hands and arms, and visually interpret data at close range. Other physical activities may include but are not limited to standing, bending, stooping, walking, and sitting.
- Must be able to frequently lift equipment or boxes weighing 5-10 pounds and occasionally lift equipment or boxes weighing 15-30 pounds
- Work takes place in a warehouse with some temperature control.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
PCB Designer, Sr
Broadcast Microwave Services, Inc. (BMS) is the market leader for microwave video downlink systems used in broadcast, unmanned vehicles, public safety, law enforcement and government agencies throughout the world. BMS has over thirty years of experience providing COFDM wireless technology with low-latency, high definition video encoding and decoding.
This position is responsible for supporting the board-level layout of new products and sustaining engineering at BMS. Reporting to the Manager CAD/Mechanical design, this position will work closely with senior engineers in digital and RF hardware to ensure the design of a high-quality product designed for manufacturability, longevity, and performance. A successful candidate will be experienced, enthusiastic, ready to take on new challenges, and have excellent attention to detail.
Products include systems with an emphasis on video compression, decompression, FPGAs, microprocessors and wireless communications.
- Layout of digital and RF PCB’s working with schematic design engineers using Altium Designer.
- Schematic design and/or modification of supporting PCB’s with minimal oversight using Altium Designer.
- Research and evaluate components for obsolescence
- Manage and create new parts for schematic and PCB libraries.
- Develop and maintain bills of materials.
- Generate engineering change orders.
- Provide input to project plans and keep projects on schedule.
- Prepare and maintain layout-related documentation.
- Assist in other duties as required.
- Associates degree in Engineering with concentration in layout or equivalent experience.
- Bachelors in Engineering, preferred
- Proficient knowledge of designing for cost effectiveness including serviceability and manufacturability.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in PCB layout.
- Advanced knowledge of complex PCB layouts including RF, analog, high-speed digital, mixed signal, large BGAs and FPGA based designs in Altium Designer is mandatory.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks is a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of designing for cost effectiveness including serviceability and manufacturability.
- Proficient knowledge of PCB manufacturing techniques.
- Proven design skills with ability to manage design process.
- Ability to independently anticipate, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
Job Conditions/Physical Demands:
Prolonged periods of sitting at the computer terminal; works in Manufacturing/Lab environment with constant or intermittent noise. Walking, sitting, standing, and bending.
Protective Devices Required:
In required areas.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!