Prep Cook Job Description Sample
Line Cook / Prep Cook / Cook (Full-Time)
Responsible for the preparation & plating of food according to our Club's recipes. Candidate should be well-versed in all areas of the kitchen, able to successfully fill-in as needed on any station and be very versatile and efficient. Candidates will be required to complete a Food Handlers Certification course. Prior kitchen experience working in a restaurant or club preferred. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Line Cook - Prep Cook - Grill Cook
Growing, scratch kitchen concept-Firebirds Wood Fired Grill GRAND OPENING in Pembroke Pines, Florida is weeks away and we are looking to add a few more great Back of House team members to the team! If you're ready to #FireUp your career then apply online today.
Full Time & Part Time Positions Available
Seeking Line Cooks, Prep Cooks, Grill Cooks, and Dishwashers
Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is seeking energetic, reliable and talented people to join our team for our newest restaurant opening in Pembroke Pines, FL. Our Back of House employees are proud to be on a team that works together in a scratch kitchen creating great food in a fun environment. They partner with our Chefs and Sous Chefs to make certain our guests are served fresh and delicious food while maintaining food safety and sanitation. Our kitchen is a great place to train and learn new skills on the job!
Prep is the basis for our delicious food and every kitchen employee is involved in the process. Our Pantry cooks prepare our fresh and tasty salads and our fantastic desserts. The Sauté Cook takes care of preparing our specialty dishes with unique flavors that bring the guests back again and again. The Wood Fired Grill is the main event and our Grill Cook makes it happen. The Expo is the Quarterback of the line, calling the plays to make sure timing is exact and standards are high before sending the perfectly prepared food to the guest.
Our team members are one of our most important stakeholders here at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill. And as such an important part of our brand, we ensure that our team members receive extensive training and development, are continuously set up for success, and feel that Firebirds is a place to call home.
· Warm, friendly, and passionate
· Maintain a positive attitude in a high-paced environment
· Willingness to learn
· Prior restaurant experience is preferred
Team members enjoy:
· Flexible schedules
· Paid vacation for eligible team members
· Competitive health benefits
· Competitive hourly wage
· Opportunities for advancement in all positions
Please apply at firebirdscareers.com for Pembroke Pines Back of House or in person. The team is now hiring in person, Monday - Saturday from 9 am to 6 pm at the hiring location address below. There will be signs in the hotel lobby directing interested applicants.
14700 Hotel Road, Miramar, FL 33027, FL
Line Cook / Prep Cook
Earls Kitchen+ Bar
Earls Kitchen+ Bar is a family-owned chain of 66 restaurants throughout North America. We’re obsessed with creating quality experiences and doing it in ways—and places—that surprise and delight, while honoring our entrepreneurship-rich past.
More than great food and dining experiences, we believe that our success lies in our Partners: the people that bring our vision to life every day. We train our people on how to lead teams, develop others and strategically operate multi-million dollar stores. We embrace failure as an opportunity to grow, and lead with an entrepreneurial spirit. We’re a family, through and through, and that’s what makes us who and what we are.
The Line Cook / Prep Cook
The Line Cooks / Prep Cooks at Earls bring our culinary vision to life. The conductors of seamless dining experiences for our guests, it’s the Cook’s desire to constantly improve their skills and lead the pack that keeps their talent fresh and their skills (and knives) sharp. They’re creative and curious, are inventive and adventurous, and navigate ‘white out conditions’ with calm, consistency and commitment to the entire team working as one. They’re truly a ‘cut above’ the rest.
How we elevate YOUR game:
Joining Earls comes with perks to support you in your personal and professional journey.
Teamwork: experience what being a part of the Earls family feels like. Be inspired by your leaders, be encouraged and cheered on by your teammates to live a big life, and be supported in your whole life working while you work with us.
Community: contribute to and connect with your local community by participating in meaningful events that make a difference.
Learning + Development: take on leadership development programs and goal setting to create big possibilities for your career and life. Develop within the company; be mentored and grown as a leader from the minute you’re hired. Check out our Leadership Log and get a taste of what’s in store for you.
Our ultimate goal is that you leave here with tools in your pocket to live a life you’re on fire for; whether you stay with the company for 5 weeks or 5 (or more!) years.
As a Line Cook / Prep Cook, you’ll:
Be the hands and heart behind delivering on our mission of delivering irresistible food to guests to Earls
Create flow on the line by ensuring up to date knowledge of inventory levels at your station and timely delivery of orders
Develop an environment of connected, committed teamwork through communication, the willingness to help others win and your great attitude, drive and commitment
Be a business owner every shift you work, taking responsibility and accountability for the safety and cleanliness of your station, and quality of product you present.
What you bring to the line:
The belief that people are the source of extraordinary experiences, and the desire to deliver irresistible food, every day.
Huge pride in the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, a willingness to learn and an openness to feedback, coaching and mentorship.
Communication skills that foster teamwork and coordination up and down the line.
Required certifications to responsibly work in and create a safe and clean environment for food production and consumption
The ability to legally work in the US (as a citizen, resident or holding other current and valid work permit)
How to apply:
Complete your online application through earlswantsyou.com. Due to loads of keen and skilled applicants ready to take their career to the next level with us, we will only be responding to candidates who we would like to move forward to the interview stage with.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Line Cook | Prep Cook | Team Member
Our teams are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly make the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
Team Members help drive sweetgreen's values within the stores - creating an environment and community where all feel welcome to enjoy a healthy, delicious meal together.
We strive to create amazing experiences - not only for our guests, but also our employees.
As a team member, you will be an ambassador of the sweetlife and sweetgreen's core values. You will be responsible for interacting with our guests and making sure that our in-store processes run as smoothly as possible. You will report to the Head Coach (General Manager) and Assistant Head Coach (Assistant General Manager), but will be empowered to make your own decisions that create the best overall experience for our guests.
You will be responsible for crafting thoughtful and personalized experiences for your guests. The goal is to leave people better off than when we found them. You must be a true team player, willing to get your hands dirty and do whatever it takes to keep your store running smoothly.
You are the face of sweetgreen!
Get your hands dirty with sweetgreen -- we're looking for energetic individuals who are ready to join the team and grow! If you are passionate or curious about healthy food, sustainability and stellar hospitality, we have full-time and part-time opportunities for you!
Joining the team is only step one of the journey. Sweetgreen is dedicated to your development, both in culinary chops and leadership skills. After opening our first store in DC many of the team members have grown into trainers, assistant managers and general managers, and some have even traveled to other markets to open new locations and build healthier communities.
- Detail oriented
- Must be passionate about food
- Must have a valid food handler card
- A friendly, fun, and positive work environment, with a welcoming and supportive team
- Competitive wages
- A clear career path with opportunities for advancement and career development
- Free sweetgreen gear and tenure rewards through our 'Shades of Green' program
- Healthy and delicious shift meals
Come join our team today!
Food Service - Line Cook / Prep Cook / Cashier / Manager
- We're looking for hard working, enthusiastic individuals who want to be part of a winning team. If you enjoy working with people and love to learn new things, we want to meet you.
Please apply inside to complete your application.
-As a New member, you may be responsible for:
- Greeting customers with a smile.
- Taking accurate food orders.
- Preparing all food.
- Store Cleanliness
- Ensuring items are well stocked.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
Line Cook Prep Cook
Line / Prep Cook position in new restaurant coming to Glendale.
Full time hours
Interviews same day
Cook / Fry Cook / Prep Cook
We are looking for full-time and part-time positions. Great companies need great people to help grow the concept and build opportunities for the entire team.
- Maintain quality eye appealing and appropriate temperatures of food products on the buffet
- Kitchen/Cook/Prep is defined as hot foods, bakery, salads and meat prep
- Maintain the cleanliness of food bar and work space
- Follow recipes
- Practice and develop safe work habits
- Ability to perform your job, while having positive interactions with guests
- Follow directions
- Complete orientation and training certifications
- Ability to learn to work with cooking equipment (to include fryers, steamers, ovens and other cooking equipment)
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 20lbs
- Desire to be part of a team
- Health Insurance (once eligible)
- 401-K (after 1 year)
- Flexible hours
- 50% off meals when scheduled and when off
- Close early on Christmas Eve and closed all day on Christmas
- Promote from within (opportunities to move up)
Baker - Dishwasher - Line Cook - Broil Cook - Prep Cook - Customer Service
Specific Positions we are looking to fill include:
Bakers, Dishwashers, Line Cooks, Broil Cooks and Prep Cooks
If interested please apply online at:http://bit.ly/2oqp6ZBOr Apply IN person at: Texas Roadhouse1565 N Susquehanna TrailSelinsgrove, PA 17870
Not only do Roadies enjoy a dynamic work environment, great benefits and opportunities for advancement, they also enjoy the satisfaction of giving back to the community and working for a company that takes pride in Legendary People, Legendary Food and Legendary Service. It's time for you to cross the road to a job you'll love!
Texas Roadhouse® is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
Since our company opened its doors in 1993, the focus of Texas Roadhouse® has been on putting employees first. It has always been our founder, Kent Taylor's, belief that if all of our team members ("Roadies," as we like to call them) are happy, our guests will have an amazing experience to brag about! That's why we believe in creating an environment that focuses on our
Core Values: PASSION, PARTNERSHIP, INTEGRITY and FUN, with purpose.
When you work for Texas Roadhouse®, you join a one-of-a kind workplace. Not only will you enjoy a dynamic work environment, great benefits, and opportunities for advancement, you will also enjoy the satisfaction of giving back to the community and working for a company that takes pride in its Legendary People and Legendary Food.
To ensure that our Roadies stay passionate about the Roadhouse, we make sure they know how passionate we are about them and their well-being. That's why a few years ago, Texas Roadhouse created Andy's Outreach Fund -- so that our Roadies could help other Roadies who might be struggling personally as they carry on the incredible culture of our one-of-a-kind place to work.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
- OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities
Restaurant Work - Wok Cook - Drahma Cook - Prep Cook
Job Description We’re looking for people who are inspired by great food and are enthusiastic about providing outstanding experiences for our Pei Wei guests.
We want you to love what you do and show that love to all who enter our doors!
What you will do:
• Be a core team member in our high energy, fast casual, scratch kitchen restaurant
• Welcome each guest with a smile and a friendly greeting
• Accurately take orders and ensure food is delivered quickly and correctly
• Create and nurture a fun, positive work environment
• Maximize financial success for your restaurant by creating loyalty with our guests
• Uphold our high sanitation and safety standards
• Provide amazing experiences: service comes from the mind, but hospitality comes from the heart! Job Requirements What you need to have:
• A positive attitude and a smile
• A love for providing outstanding hospitality to guests
• Flexibility to work a variety of shifts • Focus on speed, quality, and an appetite for learning
What we offer:
• Schedule flexibility (with no late nights!)
• Fun place to work • Meal benefits
• Competitive pay and provided uniforms
• Employee Referral Program – get a bonus to “wok” with your friends!
• Clear path for growth and career advancement
Pei Wei will give you the opportunity to develop and grow…isn’t it time you started living the #peiweilife?
Prep Cook / Cook / Line Cook (Lga Airport)
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OTG is interviewing experienced Cooks and Line Cooks at LGA AIRPORT location!
Are you a Culinary Guru who is looking to advance to the next level in your career? If so, here is what we have to offer:
- Work in a BRAND new kitchen and state of the art equipment
- Work with the leading Chefs in the industry
- Room for growth
- Benefits after 60 days of employment
- Invest in your retirement! 401k is available after 6 months of employment.
- Potential for quarterly bonus
- and much more!
What we are looking for:
- Must have 3 years in a Restaurant Kitchen experience
- Experience in an American style restaurants preferred
- Advanced knowledge of food handling and safety guidelines
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!