Prep Cook Job Description Sample
Cook - Line Cook - Prep Cook
Part-time cook position available with a growing senior community. This position requires prior cooking experience that include knowledge, skills and abilities to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including holidays, evenings and weekends. Typical schedule will be 10 AM - 7 PM. Candidate is expected to exhibit a friendly personality while working in a fast paced setting. Must pass a background and drug test. Catering experience and ServSafe certified a plus.
Restaurant / Food Service - Cook / Cashier / Manager / Prep Cook
Eating out at a favorite restaurant should be affordable & never boring. Here at Cubby's, we agree! We say "Yes & Yes!" to healthy and hearty. We say "Yes & Yes!" to quality and affordability. And we say "Yes & Yes!" to you, whoever you are! We like motivated, hard-working people. That’s our type. We’re not worried about your looks or backstory, as long as you’re ready to show up and show us what you’ve got. If you've got purple hair and show up ready to work, we say "Yes and Yes!"
We are hiring part time and full time positions for our Spanish Fork location. We are looking for Assistant Managers, Cooks, Cashiers, Dishwasher, Prep Cooks, and Line Help. Come if you are ready to be challenged in a high energy, fast-paced, yet fun and supportive environment.
What you should bring to the table:
1. Be 16 years or older
2. Current Food Handler's Permit
3. Food experience preferred, but if you're awesome we'll train you
4. You like to have fun. Fun is non-negotiable.
What we bring to the table:
1. Competitive pay with regular raises
2. We promote from within! A manager position might not be too far away if you want it.
3. Awesome company parties
4. Discounted meals
Prep Cook Jobs And Grill Cook Jobs
We are seeking a Prep Cooks and Grill Cooks to join our dedicated kitchen staff! You will assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in our professional kitchen.
- Prepare all served food
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours
- Follow standard recipes and special diet orders
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment, utensils, and appliances
- Previous experience in cooking, culinary arts, or other related fields
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and cooking techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in teams
Server / Prep Cook / Dishwasher / Line Cook
Guest's service, pre-paring food, providing dishes for guest's
Proprietor and executive chef, Craig Common, began his career at 14 as a dishwasher in a Dearborn Heights, Michigan restaurant. A self-taught chef, Craig worked for the C.A. Muer Corporation for 12 years, eventually overseeing 16 restaurants in Michigan, Ohio and Florida as a Corporate Chef.
Line Cook Prep Cook
Line cooks needed day or night shifts for fine dining restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Previous experience required. EEOC, must pass pre-employment drug screen.
Line Cook Prep Cook
Looking to get creative. Have some fun? Doing what you love? Looking for a creative, experienced cook.
Prep Cook / Line Cook
Windows Catering Company is searching for prep cooks to join our amazing team!
Prep cooks will assist chefs by preparing ingredients, keeping the kitchen clean and orderly. Performs cooking functions as assigned according to the menu.
- Measures ingredients and prepares them in accordance to chef’s specifications;
- Washes and peels ingredients in order for them to be used in different meals;
- Cuts and portions different types of meat according to specifications;
- Prepares different types of food from the menu, following carefully the recipes;
- Portions the food and prepares the dishes for plating;
- Packages take-away food for clients;
- Keeps track of ingredient quantities and ensures there are always enough for the day/week;
- Stores ingredients in dedicated containers, making sure that they are best preserved;
- Informs superiors when the ingredients stock is getting low or when the kitchen tools do not work properly;
- Cleans and sanitizes the working surfaces, tools, utensils and working area;
- Carefully supervises the food temperature and the temperature from cooling rooms, to ensure that the ingredients kept are kept at the appropriate temperature;
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education:
- High School diploma.
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience in restaurant or catering company
Recent Windows Catering Company Accolades:
- Green Certified by the Green Restaurant Association (GRA)
- Winner of the Catersource Achievement in Catering Excellence (ACE) Award for the Eastern Region of the USA
- Selected as one of the "25 Great, Big Caterers in USA" by Special Events Magazine
- Voted as one of the Best Catering Companies in Washington, DC by Washingtonian Magazine
- Selected as one of the Best Caterers in Washington, DC by The Knot Magazine
Line Cook / Prep Cook / Cook (Full-Time)
Responsible for the preparation & plating of food according to our Club's recipes. Candidate should be well-versed in all areas of the kitchen, able to successfully fill-in as needed on any station and be very versatile and efficient. Candidates will be required to complete a Food Handlers Certification course. Prior kitchen experience working in a restaurant or club preferred. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Prep Cook / Line Cook
We are searching for experienced cooks and prep cooks who are familiar with working in high volume kitchens and scratch cooking. Line cooks will be responsible for preparing scratch made food in a high volume kitchen with attention to portion control and plate presentation and performing closing duties at the end of each night to including cleanup.
Consistently deliver a high quality product to each guest while adhering to proper sanitation guidelines and temperature control guidelines.
Maintain a clean kitchen during service and clean the kitchen in preparation for the next shift.
Adhere to company polices and guidelines and those of the local health department.
Follow recipes and portions according to the company manual and adhere to all controls to meet budgeted costs.
Work efficiently prepare food as quickly as possible.
Work with the rest of the staff to ensure the best possible experience for the guest.
Work with he rest of the kitchen staff and the wait staff to develop a teamwork ethic.
Line Cook / Prep Cook
Here at Houstons, we are looking to hire individuals that are ambitious to learn and hard-working.
Kitchen employees at Houston have an opportunity to work in an environment where no expenses are spared. We use the best ingredients, cooked with the best equipment, and in large volumes.
There are opportunities for upward growth, and continued education.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!