President Job Description Sample
Vice President Of Technical Operations
iland is looking for an experienced Vice President of Technical Operations to provide effective leadership to our customer-facing technical and support teams. The ideal candidate will be responsible for all activities relating to creating a superior customer experience, including Engineering, Customer Service, Professional Services, and the Network Operations Center.
This person will communicate the company’s objectives and methodology to the team, mentoring where necessary, and maintaining a customer-centric, yet profitable, model of IT operations and support. This is a highly visible role from an SLA, provisioning, and customer service perspective, and will help define who iland is.
This is a full-time position, based in our Houston, TX headquarters, and reports to the iland’s Executive Team.
- Ensure that iland meets its SLA obligations for availability and support.
- Ensure structure and methodology is in place to manage a global 24x7 customer-service-oriented engineering, support, and operations team.
- Develop a budget and business plan for the department with annual and quarterly objectives.
- Keep different teams on track and working in sync on an ongoing basis.
- IT infrastructure capacity management; experience with hardware and datacenter lifecycle management; hardware and software inventory; manage vendor relationships.
- Ensure efficiencies and standardization through documented blueprints, automation, and processes and procedures for the ongoing operations of our cloud environments.
- Proactively monitor the health of all cloud infrastructures through planning and proactive maintenance and lifecycle management; report on operational metrics.
- Stay up-to-date on cloud inventory status, track and manage support contracts with hardware vendors.
The following skills represent the minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field required
- Minimum 15 years of IT experience
- Minimum 8 years in a management/leadership role
- Excellent knowledge of IT infrastructure, including networking, security, storage, virtualization, data centers, and operating systems
The following skills represent additional proficiencies preferred to be successful in this position:
- Experienced IT leader who can lead a growing IT organization, manage change, and motivate a team
- Customer-service oriented
- Professional, ethical, positive, and winning attitude
- International experience managing an infrastructure that spans several countries
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Plan
- Stock Plan
- 401k Plan with Company Match
- PPO Healthcare Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
iland has been in business for 25 years, and is an industry leader in the areas of Secure Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), Secure Cloud Backup (BaaS), and Secure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). iland differentiates itself and maintains its market leadership by investing heavily in its proprietary Cloud Console, which is an orchestration tool for its cloud services offered in the US, Europe, Australia, and Singapore. The result of this investment is a rapid development cycle with up to four product releases per year. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment that has been recognized by these industry leaders and more:
- Gartner Magic Quadrant Disaster Recovery as a Service Leader: 2016-2018
- Zerto Service Provider of the Year: 2016 & 2017
- Veeam Service Provider of the Year: 2016 & 2017
- The Forrester Wave Top DR-as-a-Service Providers: Q1 2014
- Houston Business Journal #1 Best Place to Work: 2012 & 2013
- Nine Lives Media Inc. Talkin’ Cloud 100: 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Houston Business Journal Houston Fast 100: 2012 & 2013
- Cisco Cloud Managed Service Provider (Cisco Powered)
- VMware Global Service Provider Partner (VSPP) of the Year: 2010-2012
Vice President Product Marketing
PSP is transforming the Talent Development industry by introducing relationship intelligence as a utility for leaders. Since 1971 over three million leaders have taken the SDI, our strength-based relationship assessment. We have pioneered coaching in the cloud and believe that every employee will soon have a portal into their working relationships. We’ve created award winning psychological assessments, a relationship coaching platform of the future and are obsessed with continuing to improve the manager’s relationship with their team. We are also revolutionizing talent development itself by building culture transformation tools that generate results through relationships.
You’re a seasoned product marketer with experience launching and growing SaaS products. You are a practical, hands-on product marketer who has demonstrated creativity, leadership, and a track record of driving quantitative business results. You’re smart and get things done. Analytical and creative. Collaborative and independent. You work well with cross-functional partners, especially Engineering and Sales. You gather and leverage the insights of users and customers to create compelling product messaging that shapes their experience and influences their decisions.
About the Role
As the Vice President of Product Marketing you ensure that the work product of each marketing discipline is fully developed and performing to meet business and marketing objectives. You will work closely with the VP’s and CEO to set the strategic plan for the business and play a critical role within the Leadership Team. You excel at translating the business priorities of the company into a comprehensive brand strategy, marketing operating system and product roadmap.
As the leader of product development you are focused on answering three questions: Why are we building what we are building? Who is it for? What is the measurable business objective?
- Help set the product strategy for our relationship intelligence SaaS, and lead the team that is executing on that strategy.
- Contribute to detailed user research and customer segmentation to understand the core issues talent developers care about.
- Propose new products and features and pitch them to the company and community.
- Start with high-level goals and turn them into detailed functional specs, and work with developers and designers to create rapid prototypes.
- Define and monitor metrics to determine the effectiveness of features, and administer split tests to learn whether a change is an improvement.
- Interact with our community of talent developers to gather ideas and feedback.
- Support go-to-market strategies with the marketing and community teams.
- Work closely alongside stakeholders and customers to define the Product Roadmap and interfacing inside an agile scrum engineering process that translates functionality into thoroughly documented specifications.
- Develop, manage, and execute the go-to-market playbook for new products and features, collaborating with stakeholders to determine effective launch strategies to drive trial, engagement, and customer happiness.
- Create product narrative and positioning to distinguish our offering from competition.
- Advocate for specific features and how they will change the business of organizations who decide to buy it. Design the strategy around all new service, updates and feature launch.
- Focus on building a quality product that quickly builds a customer base while retaining and upselling customers.
As the leader of marketing you are the paladin of PSP’s brand and responsible to translate our ‘why’ into a marketing operating system.
- Ensure that marketing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of Inbound Marketing (digital and content) and Funnel Marketing (includes B2B, B2C PR and Communication).
- Articulate a product vision, overall messaging, and partnering with the regional teams to deliver go-to-market plans.
- Drive demand and adoption of both talent developer products and B2B solutions.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the Marketing team, working to recruit and develop the marketing team while identifying career/growth opportunities.
- Level up the overall sophistication of marketing capabilities and systems, striving to build process and infrastructure that is both world-class and cutting edge.
- Create a data-driven approach that allows the team to be accountable, effective, and results-oriented.
- Report regularly on standard OKRs across functional areas, specifically performance and ROI.
- Drive customer growth every day by optimizing the sales process. Identify pain points and translate customer experiences into success stories.
- 8-10 years of in-house marketing experience in the tech industry or at a marketing/ad agency focusing on tech clients as well as experience as a product manager/product owner.
- Experience and comfort working with senior leadership to set strategy and be a strong voiced for the marketing department.
- Strong management experience leading teams and executing marketing campaigns that are part of multi-channel marketing strategy that crosses teams and organizations.
- A track record of accomplishments.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment without a lot of direction or oversight.
- Excellent spec-writing and UX skills.
- An understanding of the technical implications of what you ask the engineering team to do.
- Experience with usability testing and A/B tests.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly through written word.
Flexible hours in a casual work environment. Employer paid Health Insurance (100% of employee premiums) with optional Dental / Vision plans and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA). A generous 401(k) retirement plan with matching contributions. Ten company holidays plus three-weeks of paid vacation.
Health And Benefits Vice President
Aon is looking for a Health and Benefits Vice President
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Health, in Chicago, IL. As a Health and Benefits Vice President, you will report directly to the Senior Vice President.
Your Impact As A Health and Benefits Vice President
Experienced Consultant, with in-depth health and benefits knowledge, practical application and consulting skills, leads projects and overall client relationships, and demonstrates leadership skills
Serve as a Health & Benefits Account Executive for multiple clients and relationships.
Consult with our clients at both the Benefits/HR manager level and at the C-suite level and drives client decision making.
Lead client planning and client innovation discussions with client teams, and bring new ideas to retain clients and increase revenue.
Manage projects to ensure quality and profitable delivery and have final responsibility for overall review of client deliverables.
Partner with thought leaders to connect with client and design/delivery teams in other lines of business to create holistic outsourcing and consulting offers.
Build working relationships with colleagues in other practices.
Assess the client's current benefit program, including review of financials and cost/utilization drivers, to develop tailored solutions and measurement criteria.
Demonstrate strong partnerships with vendor community to support mutual efforts on behalf of our clients.
Mentors, provide support, guidance and training to junior colleagues.
Follow key industry/market trends and technology to ensure the relevance and innovative approach of Aon Health & Benefits solutions and capabilities.
Directly contributes to business development and market growth within assigned practice/market.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in the group health & benefits industry. Consulting or U.S. benefit consulting experience strongly preferred.
Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills with the ability to give non-technical explanations of technical matters.
Strong organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
Project management and strong analytical ability. Project management certification is a plus.
Demonstrates advanced health and benefits technical and consultative skills/expertise.
Track record of building strong internal teams, mentoring/coaching colleagues and has the ability to partner with consultants and subject matter experts from other lines of business.
Values the roles and functions of teamwork in order to complete client projects. Works well with colleagues at all levels and is viewed as a team player.
Proficiency with software such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Flexibility to travel (up to 10%-20% depending on client mix).
Bachelor's degree (Business degree preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- License or Certificate
Appropriate Insurance License/Life and Health
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2448902
Location: United States, IL, Chicago
Vice President Of Sales And Marketing
|Title:||Vice President of Sales and |
|Location:||Arlington, VA or |
In the past ten years we've grown tremendously. We've helped over 500 clients in the intelligence, defense, federal civilian and private sectors fight back against cybercrime.
To continue our growth we need to discipline and professionalize our sales operations. We're hiring a Vice President of Sales to join a tight knit executive team and report directly to the CEO. Our ideal candidate will have about 15 years’ experience selling complex enterprise-level solutions and services in a fast growth environment. Cybersecurity experience is preferred, but we're willing to consider folks from outside our world.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Successful track record selling services required, product sales experience preferred
- Proven experience operating in a fast growth sales environment
- Experience establishing sales management systems and processes for quantitatively measuring and improving performance
- Experience marketing and selling cybersecurity managed services preferred.
- Experience marketing and selling commercial strategic services preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- The following certifications (more than one is preferred): Lunarline, Inc. School of Cybersecurity “Certified Expert” certifications.
Managing Vice President - R&A
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You'll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you'll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you're looking to explore what's next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Gartner's High Tech Research Group advises technology companies on the strategic business issues that help make them successful in their market and their specific role. The Product Marketer Practice within the high tech research group works with marketing leadership at technology companies on Planning & Segmentation, Customer Acquisition, Messaging & Differentiation, Demand Generation, and Marketing Impact. Managing Vice Presidents within the Product Marketer Practice ensure that our executive clients receive the best strategic business advice, support, and direction for their decision-making. To optimize analyst impact, Managing Vice Presidents help analysts improve their client interaction and research quality, delivery cadence, collaboration within and across teams and develop their personal business acumen. To optimize team impact, they lead team activities, resolve internal conflicts and set team and analyst objectives and priorities. To optimize the impact of Research and Advisory as a whole, they collaborate with peers to resolve cross-team issues and perform end of year calibration, partner with chiefs of research and agenda managers to prioritize the delivery of must-have research, and help develop, communicate and implement Research and Advisory strategy. Managing Vice Presidents also collaborate with Product Management, Marketing and Sales to promote new products, close new business and drive client retention
For more information, visit gartner.com.
If you've spent your career in product marketing at large technology companies, this is a unique opportunity to take your knowledge and manage a team of analysts that is providing this insight to technology companies across the world.
Lead analyst teams focused on content areas related to segmentation, messaging, positioning, demand generation, sales enablement, customer success, and customer retention for High Tech companies
Hire, develop and retain top analyst talent.
Lead your team to continuously improve their performance as individual analysts, as well as the performance of the team and the Product Marketer Practice as a whole.
Inspire your team to produce high quality, distinctive and enduring research and delight clients and prospects in all interactions.
Demonstrate strong coaching skills to on-board new analysts and successful experience driving continuous enterprise change
Help continuously improve Gartner's collaborative culture and processes.
Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred
Marketing leadership and operational experience within large B2B technology companies with a large number of products and solutions
5+ years global team management experience
Preference given to candidates with experience in technology research and advisory firms
Strong analytical skills and a data driven approach to decision making.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity.
Job Requisition ID:33671
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Vice President - Finance
Vice President of Finance
The Vice President of Finance will report to the CFO of this financially strong and growing organization in the Metropolitan Denver area and have responsibility for financial analysis for the academic medical center and community facilities. This leader will have experience in hospital operations and be able to successfully coordinate financial data and perspectives with operational and executive leadership.
S/he will have experience in academic financial support analysis, budgeting, capital project and service line/program analysis. Progressive leadership experience in a complex healthcare environment and a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business is required, a graduate degree is preferred.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve.
As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Collaborates with executive leadership to determine organizational priorities and goals. Researches and monitors industrial, professional and national developments. Integrates data from multiple sources to support decision making.
Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide business processes, support the delivery of services, and ensure a culture of quality and satisfaction.
Monitors and evaluates operations to ensure compliance with established professional, regulatory, and organizational standards/requirements.
Leads departmental financial planning to ensure cost-efficient operations and to maximize profitability.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business/Finance
Master's degree strongly preferred
5 years of related management experience
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy.
We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements.
No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Vice President – Consumer, Pr/Marketing Communications
Be part of building one of the most dynamic and fastest growing integrated public relations and marketing firms in the world. We offer a unique opportunity: the chance to contribute your passion, energy and talents in an entrepreneurial environment while collaborating, learning and growing your career with an amazing global team of more than 700+ colleagues in 18 offices around the world.
We're looking for an experienced CONSUMER leader to join our Midwest team in Chicago. This position requires strong client and team management skills and the ability to retain and develop business. We are looking for highly creative, socially savvy and integrated team players who know how to bring strategic and smart, big and scrappy thinking to the table.
Maintain incredible client contact providing counsel on strategic matters and prospect information; potentially serve as the senior contact for the client
Recommend insight-driven strategic programs and creative activations that meet the clients' business and communications objectives and goals
Develop media strategy documents, goals, media targets, pitch angles and media materials that are strong in both structure and AP style, and require minimal input from senior team leadership
Demonstrate ability to develop strategies/creative platforms and concepts that simultaneously leverage traditional and social media for our clients
Play a pivotal role in business development, both net new and organic, including soliciting new business, creating presentations, sharing the agency visions and point of difference
Serve as day-to-day client contact managing overall timeline and budget, establishing position as the client's "go to" person in all matters related to program execution. Provide counsel and offer problem-solving solutions throughout program execution
Participate in new business networking and RFP opportunities
An unflappable problem-solver who can anticipate and proactively offer solutions to clients and senior leadership; anticipate problems before they arise through regular client check-ins and communication
Demonstrate knowledge of top-tier traditional and social media outlets important to clients' business
Demonstrate exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication that is clear, concise and direct
Track record of leading effective campaigns and programs that have advanced client business goals
Superb team leadership including mobilizing and motivating teams
Showcase success managing resources and budgets
Passionate about the clients' business and continually focuses on strengthening client relationships, ensuring they know our agency and team value
8-12 years of relevant experience in consumer marketing communications – ideally in an agency environment. Bonus if the candidate brings knowledge and/or interest of the outdoor category/space, food + beverage category and consumer health + wellness experience
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners is a global communications agency, made up of nine practice areas with 700+ people in 18 locations worldwide. The firm offers a full-service approach including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing and research services. Founded in New York in 2011 by Peter Finn with an innovative new model in which entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and partnership drive client success and sustainable agency growth, the firm delivers world class client service, coupled with best-in-class employment practices, to produce award-winning work and a rewarding culture. Check out some of our great benefits here. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those in whom we have a greater interest.
If you are a fit for this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Vice President Of Small Business Saturday (Sbs) And Brand Engagement
The Global Advertising and Brand Management department at American Express is responsible for creating marketplace demand and driving commerce through breakthrough marketing, differentiated partnerships, and innovative programs like Small Business Saturday. The Vice President of Community Engagement will be a member of this team, responsible for the strategic oversight and execution of Small Business Saturday and surrounding community platforms.
American Express created Small Business Saturday in 2009 to galvanize consumers to support their local communities by shopping in small businesses immediately following Black Friday (the biggest shopping day of the year in the U.S.). Since then, this grassroots effort has continued to expand and there's now similar programming in the UK, Australia and Japan. Leading into the 10th anniversary and beyond, this newly created Vice President position will oversee the program to shape its continued growth and impact.
This role will be responsible for all program elements of Small Business Saturday, ranging from advocacy group and local community engagement to the below-the-line marketing campaign aimed at consumers and small business owners. He or she will work closely with key stakeholders across multiple business units including Global Corporate Services, Global Merchant Services, Corporate Communications, and well as colleagues in GABM who lead social, media, and communications planning.
This experienced marketer must have the following qualifications:
10-15 years marketing experience in related discipline
Proven track record for developing and executing long-term strategic plans, versed in analytics and consumer insights
Strong people leadership skills
Experience with creative agencies
Executive presence and presentation skill, effective communicator at all levels of organizations, as well as experience with external press and industry communication
High energy, self-starter, team-oriented, entrepreneurial spirit with flexibility to thrive in a fluid work environment
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
Vice President Finance - Community & Specialty Pharmacy
Under general direction of the EVP, Group CFO, Pharmaceutical Distribution& Strategic Global Sourcing ("PDSGS"), the Vice President, Finance –Community & Specialty Pharmacy (CSP) is responsible for providing financialexpertise and operational input across all customers within the CSP businesschannel. This role is responsible for pricing and financial negotiations withcustomers across both strategic accounts and field accounts, and works withsales leaders to develop account strategies, implement profitabilityimprovements, and new commercial offerings. In addition, this role provides abroad range of financial support and analytics for the business unit.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Partnerswith sales to provide financial leadership in support of the customer lifecycle process through CPM analytics; responsible for deal development andnegotiations.
Integratesmarket dynamics, operational knowledge, and commercial strategy to developannual budgets and 3-5 year long range plan projections.
Providesoversight for all customer bid presentations with financial analysis anddeal modeling. Brings standardization, consistency and quality oversightto the work of a broad group of finance team members.
Workswith leaders across PDSGS to expand and adapt the Customer Profitabilitymodeling tool and integrate with other business profitability systems.
Developstools used to monitor marketplace changes for pricing and other dealattributes.
Responsiblefor financial analyses pertaining to CSP's overall performance andprovides necessary support for additional deal modeling.
Overseesadditional financial support on related contracts as needed, includingareas such as compliance and credit.
Generatesad hoc analysis reports as needed.
Performsrelated duties as assigned.
Requires BA/BS in accounting, finance, or other business related field; MBA andrelevant healthcare experience preferred. Normally requires a minimum of ten (10)years of progressive financial experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Strongmanagement / execution skills; proven track record of delivering qualityresults
Abilityto establish good relationships; drives long lasting change acrossfunctional boundaries; ability to work with all levels within theorganization
Strongbusiness acumen; understands operational impacts on financial processes
Fundamentalknowledge of productivity and profitability analysis
Workingknowledge of financial processes and systems; knowledge of data analysis,data mining tools including data warehouse applications, MS Access, MSExcel, and other query and reporting tools
Understandingof ABC policies, philosophy, goals and objectives in order to affectfinancial oversight in protecting the company's assets.
Abilityto communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Strongmathematical and analytical skills
Strongorganizational skills; attention to detail
Director Of Human Resources
Warner Pacific University’s Commitment to Diversity: Warner Pacific University is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary Description: The Director of Human Resources is a full-time, benefit eligible position reporting to the Vice President for Finance. This role leads the HR department as the University’s chief human resource officer and supports the University by demonstrating consistent positive leadership while nurturing and advancing a strong customer service focus and modeling behavior and performance. The Director manages the human resources function including advising managerial staff on complex and sensitive personnel issues, change management and best in class HR practices.. The Director serves as liaison with other departments, advises, and supports staff on University policies, employee benefits and employment issues. The Director will lead and manage employee compensation and benefits, employee relations, recruitment, hiring, onboarding, employee training, development as well as HRIS development and administration.
- Collaborates with Vice President for Finance/CFO in developing strategic departmental goals objectives and systems. Evaluates, analyzes and recommends changes to department systems as indicated by process improvement efforts and when required by law.
- Responsible for long range strategic human resource planning.
- Assists employees in understanding personnel policies and procedures, researches, investigates issues, and recommends solutions through appropriate channels.
- Responsible for the implementation of various employee benefit programs and maintenance of records as required or compliance with HIPPA, COBRA, FMLA, OFLA, ADA and other applicable regulations and programs including processing requests for short and long-term disability benefits and leave.
- Responsible for the management of the human resources departmental budget.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of employee personnel records information.
- Oversees and strategizes with Vice President for Finance/CFO to ensure delivery of best in class University employee benefits program and manage related communication, follow-up and audits.
- Serves as the liaison with benefits representatives regarding analysis of benefits administration changes and related issues.
- Supports and collaborates with University Controller regarding the payroll function, ensuring that continual improvement occurs that ensures timely and accurate processing of payroll, benefit reconciliation and related records.
- Optimizes use of current ERP and collaborates with other departments to improve HR recordkeeping and reporting.
- Partners with campus safety to build relationships and best in class practices in workers compensation programs, participates on campus safety committee and maintains workers compensation files.
- Collaborates with campus safety on issues relating to OSHA and ADA and ensures compliance.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the University’s compensation plan including pay grades, salary survey participation, benchmarking positions job classifications, researching comparable positions and descriptions.
- Proposes, develops and conducts employee-training programs in collaboration with Vice President for Finance/CFO to foster an environment conducive to continuous education, professional growth and succession planning.
- Originates and leads human resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans and programs.
- Manages the process for recruiting, hiring and onboarding for all staff hires.
- Leads the HR department in providing guidance and information to managers regarding new hires, promotions and transfers regarding pay decisions. Utilizes job descriptions organization charts and compensation information internal and external to make informed recommendations regarding position classification and compensation to the Vice President for Finance/CFO.
- Responsible for the review of job postings, applicant tracking, orientation performance reviews, faculty and staff immigration issues and exit interviews
- Coaches and mentors supervisors in performance management strategies and recommends action to facilitate collaboration and conflict resolution.
- Uses interpersonal skills combined with organizational and multi-cultural awareness to help resolve difficulties and influence effective working relationships. Consults with management, supervisors and employees to resolve human resource issues.
- Responsible for employee relations including investigations under direction of the Vice President for Finance/CFO and attorneys, providing reports and recommendations for mitigation and prevention.
- Serves as University’s Title IX Coordinator and ensures compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of the 1972 Civil Rights Act and the Violence Against Women Act Reauthorization of 2012 (VAWA) related to gender harassment.
- Responsible for adoption, publication and monitoring of University Title IX compliance policy and procedures.
- Responsible for recruitment, training, and ongoing oversight of Title IX deputy coordinators as it relates to Civil Rights Investigations and related training and communication.
- Oversees compliance efforts and investigations of any complaints of sexual harassment and discrimination.
- Responsible for ongoing training, reporting and evaluation of University’s Title IX compliance efforts and making recommendations for appropriate changes.
- Develops policies and programs to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce for Warner Pacific.
- Able to help foster an organizational culture of engagement that demonstrates commitment to diversity.
- Demonstrates a high-level of interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate effectively within a diverse and complex culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related discipline and five to seven years of professional development level as a human resources generalists, manager and leader.
- Extensive experience utilizing sound business principles and best in class practices related to employee relations, employee development, benefit administration, compensation, recruitment and selection, training and investigations.
- Demonstrates commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the University and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement
- High-level of emotional intelligence and proven skill in employee relations, customer service expertise and conflict negotiation.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in developing human resources information systems and processes for reporting and analysis.
- Knowledge of compliance with state and federal employment laws.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on all matters.
- Human resources experience in higher education setting.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification.
The position is located in a typical office environment. Professional/business attire is required.
Employment and Lifestyle Standards:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered urban liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. The University was founded in 1937 by the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana) and maintains a covenant relationship with that body. Central to Warner Pacific’s identity as a Christ-centered higher education institution is the policy of hiring persons whose personal and professional lives reflect:
1. A belief in the deity of and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith, as interpreted through the historic witness of Scripture and the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit.
2. The practice of following Christ through day-to-day personal lifestyle choices.
3. A vitality of Christian experience maturing in insight and application and appreciative of differing viewpoints.
4. A commitment to life-long learning and service through personal and professional development.
5. For teaching faculty, the expression of artful teaching, based on mastery of relevant subject matter and in an environment of purposeful and rigorous inquiry amongst a community of scholars who support one another.
6. A capability, by temperament, preparation, and will, to support students as they confront the intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges of their lives.
7. A sensitivity to and support for the mission, core themes, vision, values, ethos and traditions of the Warner Pacific University community.
8. A commitment to teaching and serving in harmony with the doctrines of the Bible as understood and generally held by the Church of God Reformation Movement.
Mission-based hiring is of critical importance to Warner Pacific University. From its inception, the Church of God has resisted condensing the Scriptures into a formal creed, instead emphasizing salvation as the entrance into the body of Christ; unity in diversity; and a call to holy living as God’s people representing Christ in the world. Warner Pacific, rather than requiring subscription to an institutional doctrinal statement, asks each employee to affirm a personal faith in Jesus Christ by providing a statement articulating the ways in which faith informs the employee’s understanding of his or her vocation at Warner Pacific. Employees are expected to demonstrate and articulate a vital Christian faith and to live in a manner consistent with a Christ-centered lifestyle as informed by the Scriptures of the New Testament.
Further, to ensure orderly operations and provide the best possible work environment, all Warner Pacific University employees are expected to maintain the highest levels of ethics, professionalism, integrity, and judgment. Employees must obey all laws governing the workplace and the business of the University, as well as treat others (students, suppliers, and co-workers) with honesty, respect, and personal dignity in all interactions. Conduct that is malicious, abusive, threatening, dishonest or unlawful is not acceptable. Employees who feel they are being subjected to conduct of this kind should bring the concern to Human Resources. The University environment is expected to be free from discrimination and harassment (including bullying). When an individual’s behavior has direct implications for others and/or the well-being of the University community, there may be cause for institutional involvement, regardless of where the situation occurs.
Warner Pacific University desires to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, faculty, students, visitors and guests. Therefore, smoking is not permitted on University property, in its vehicles, or at any University sponsored event. The use of illegal drugs or non-prescribed controlled substances is strictly prohibited. Use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, electronic cigarettes or marijuana is strictly prohibited on Warner Pacific University campuses.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and a multicultural learning environment. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our University. Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Warner Pacific University offers a full range of traditional benefits for qualifying employees, including medical/dental insurance, disability, life insurance, paid vacation and sick time, mission leave, tuition remission, and retirement savings.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at www.warnerpacific.edu/jobs. Click “Apply Now” to complete the online application, and submit the following:
- Cover letter with names/contact information for three professional references
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!