Project Engineer Job Description Sample
Civil Engineer - Project Engineer / Project Designer
REQUIRED LICENSE: E.I.T. Preferred, P.E. a plus
INDUSTRY: Civil Engineering and Planning
KWC Engineers is an emerging civil engineering, planning, and land surveying firm in Southern California providing strategic land development in the private and public sector for the past 35 years.
Looking to hire a highly motivated and talented Project Engineer for land development and infrastructure improvement projects. This position will give a the successful candidate the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Extensive design experience in the preparation of grading, street, sewer, water and storm drain improvement plans for residential, commercial development and public works projects while adhering to design standards, agency processing requirements, and client expectations is required.
- Proficient with AutoCAD 2016/Civil 3D programs within the Civil Engineering industry preferred.
- Must have strong technical knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures relating to engineering design for land development projects.
- Ability to prepare technical reports and calculations (i.e., hydrology/hydraulics, WQMP, SWPPP, and water & sewer) is a plus.
- Must have broad knowledge of Hydrology/Hydraulic Analysis, design methods and water quality low impact development applications.
- Ensure quality of design and implement new ideas through supervision, participation, plan reviews and training of junior staff.
- Be familiar with Riverside, Orange, and San Bernardino Counties and local agencies standards for land development.
- Manage technical aspects of projects exhibiting strong proficiency in the preparation of construction plans, reports and documents for land development projects.
- Assist project manager in client/agency interaction, endeavor to build lasting relationships
- Excellent technical and communication skills, including report writing skills.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team depending on the assigned task.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple assignments and follow through on engineering tasks from start to finish.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Monitors project budgets and hours assigned to specific tasks.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering
- Professional Registration as a Civil Engineer in the state of California preferred
- Minimum 5 -15 years of experience with leadership skills to manage multi-disciplined engineering tasks.
- Experienced in preparing infrastructure improvement plans for public agencies.
- Plan Checking experience a plus
- Successful candidates will have well-developed problem solving, decision-making, communication and team building skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, CivilDesign, H2OMap Sewer and Water is highly desired.
The following is a summary of the benefits that KWC Engineers offers to all eligible full-time Employees (working 40 or more hours per week) or regular part-time employees (working at least 24 hours or more per week):
- Medical – CaliforniaChoiceKWC pays 100% of the cost for the employee (HealthNet HMO A) and 40% of the cost for their dependents
- Dental-Sun Life FinancialEmployee pays 100% of the cost for themselves and their dependents
- Vision-EyeMedEmployee pays 100% of the cost for themselves and their dependents
- Life/AD&D-Reliance Standard (employee automatically enrolled upon eligibility)- $15,000 Life Insurance policy- KWC pays 100% of the cost for the employee- Voluntary additional Life insurance may be purchased by the employee for themselves and their dependents
- Long Term Disability-Reliance Standard (non-exempt employee automatically enrolled upon eligibility)- KWC pays 100% of the cost for non-exempt (hourly) employeeso
Benefits received would be taxable- Employee pays 100% of the cost for exempt (salaried) employeeso
Benefits received would be non-taxable
- MD Live- (employee automatically enrolled upon eligibility)- KWC pays 100% of the cost of this benefit- Employee and their dependents have access to board certified doctors 24/7 from your home, work or on the go either by phone, online or secure video to assist with non-emergency medical conditions
Assistant Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer
Atlanta based general contracting firm seeks qualified candidates to support expanding market opportunities within the Southeast Region.
Assistant Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer
o Project planning, scheduling, coordination
o Managing submittals, budgets and RFI’s
o Change order management / contract administration
o Managing critical subcontractors
o Resolution of problems involving labor disputes, discrepancies
o Provide project site leadership and ensure safety / quality program compliance
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
o Four-year degree construction management, engineering, architecture (+ not required)
o Three (3) plus years of construction management experience
o Microsoft Word, Microsoft Projects, Excel, Primavera Scheduling (+ not required)
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills
o LEED AP or LEED Training (+ not required)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
o Salary range $65 - $90K (experienced based)
o Company vehicle or car allowance
o Medical benefits
o Retirement plan
o Limited / local travel
Project Engineer - Concrete, Highway Construction, Project Engin
Minimum Required Skills Concrete, Highway Construction, Project Engineer If your a project engineer in the bay area and have an experience working in highway projects or an interest we are the company for you.
We have been around for over 50 years and have done some amazing projects.
We are looking for a Project Engineer with 1-5 years experience to join our team.
So if you have degree in constructionengineering please read on and we look forward to go over your resume.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
Very generous base pay 70-100K plus for the right candidate
Great benefits and bonuses on top of our salary
A fantastic culture that provides a family style atmosphere
Being part of a company that has a great opportunity to grow What's In It for You A great company to get your engineeringconstruction career started in.
We are looking for the right people to work with us.
We offer a generous salary 70-100K.
What You Will Be Doing Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QAQC policies, performance standards and specifications Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel's performance) and report regularly on project status Assign responsibilities and mentor project team Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions What You Need for this Position
Project EngineerSo, if you are a Project Engineer with experience, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.Please apply directly to by clicking 'Click Here to Apply' with your Word resume!
Looking forward to receiving your resume and going over the position in more detail with you.
Not a fit for this position?
Click the link at the bottom of this email to search all of our open positions.
Looking forward to receiving your resume!
CyberCoders CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Copyright Copyright 1999 - 2018 . CyberCoders, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Concrete, Highway Construction, Project Engineer
- Concrete, Highway Construction, Project Engineer
Construction Project Engineer / Project Manager
A leading Structural Repair and Restoration Contractor is seeking qualified Project Engineer / Managers for our Maryland office. Project locations included the MD, DC, and VA areas. References required. Comprehensive benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience. EEO
• Bachelors or Associates degree in engineering or construction management
• Individuals with 5+ years' experience in general building practices, hi-rise, façade, waterproofing, all aspects of concrete repairs and knowledge of the trade
• Must possess computer skills; proficiency with project budgeting and scheduling
• Excellent analytical and time-management skills
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage others
• Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills
Project Engineer / Project Manager
We are trying to fill 2 to 3 Project Engineer positions. This position is initially heavy on Construction Management skills (project scheduling, coordination, generation of project records etc). There is room for growth from this position into Civil Engineering Design, management, estimating.
Our immediate need is for College Graduate to 3 years experience Project Engineers who have good communication skills, are dedicated and interested in fluid, challenging work environement.
Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in english is a must.
Food & Beverage Process Engineer / Project Engineer - Ontario, CA
The process engineer position is responsible for determining operations to produce products and develops processes to ensure quality, cost and efficiency requirements are met. This position troubleshoots problems with production and takes corrective action. The process engineer also researches the purchase of equipment or upgrades to existing equipment. Qualified candidates need a minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering role within the food and beverage industry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Located in Ontario, California, and reporting to the Operations Director, West Coast, the engineer will be responsible to support and lead the process engineering requirements for client projects.
- Develop conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs, drawings and specifications;
- Critically review engineering designs, test plans, and assess risks;
- Prepare project schedules, scope statements and budgets;
- Ensure that projects are implemented in accordance within the agreed scope and time lines and make relevant recommendations to the client;
- Work collaboratively as part of multi-disciplinary design teams;
- Chair project team meetings and provide technical direction;
- Manage timely completion of tasks per plan without direct supervision;
- Support project management requirements;
- Provide discipline specific input for bid packages and tenders;
- Suggest, contribute and champion initiatives to improve the Engineering Department’s operations and procedures;
- Support positive client interactions and sub-consultant interface;
- Perform data analysis, prepare technical reports, SOPs, and internal and external presentations;
- Pursue opportunities for business development and future growth of the organization across various local geographies.
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related fields;
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in the area of process design for the food and beverage industry;
- Experience in the design of sanitary process systems including piping, vessels and CIP systems;
- Familiarity with HACCP, FDA, AIB, USIS and USDA requirements.
- PE designation or eligibility for professional registration will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements;
- Strong leadership, relationship management, and organizational planning and project management skills, in addition to technical knowledge;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results;
- Knowledge of post-implementation continuous improvement efforts and methodology;
- Ability to influence clients, suppliers and peers into adopting "best practices" in the engineering field;
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, listening and interpersonal with the ability to transfer knowledge to others;
- Capability to engage and energize others to reach their fullest potential and performance;
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma;
- Versatility in disciplines other than the one academically trained for is highly desired;
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Flexibility to travel to external manufacturing sites as needed.
Travel Travel is expected for this position.
Project Engineer / Structural Engineer
aark engineering inc. is a small consulting structural engineering firm looking to hire a Project Engineer with a minimum of 8 years of structural engineering and design experience. California licensed PE is required or must be obtainable through reciprocity within a year. An aptitude for creative problem solving, strong verbal and written communication skills and good AutoCAD and Revit experience are preferred.
We offer an excellent opportunity for professional growth and a high level of responsibility and involvement on unique and interesting projects. Our diverse body of work includes large and small projects for healthcare, water and wastewater, utilities, educational, commercial, multi-family residential, religious and military facilities. Visit our website at www.aarkengineering.com to learn more about us.
Civil Engineer Associate - Project Engineer
Alliance Consulting Engineers, Inc. is a professional civil engineering firm providing technical consulting and design services to County Governments, Municipalities, Developers, Industry, School Districts, Healthcare Providers, Architects and other private entities. We are seeking highly motivated Civil Engineers with experience for Engineering Associate and Project Engineer positions in our Upstate Regional Office to join our progressive, rapidly growing firm.
As a member of our team, you will be involved with Industrial, Commercial, Residential, Roadway, Railroad, Water, and Wastewater projects. Responsibilities include Civil Site Design (Grading, Storm Drainage, Utilities, Etc.), Conceptual Site Design, Industrial Park Design, Roadway Design, Water and Wastewater System Design, Engineering Calculations, Engineering Reports, Permitting, and Bidding and Award Services. Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D with a minimum 2+ years’ experience (for Engineering Associate) or 4+ years’ experience (for Project Engineer) in Civil Design is required. A bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited college with EIT or PE certification is preferred, and LEED certification is a plus.
Alliance Consulting Engineers, Inc. is consistently ranked in the top 100 Design Firms by ENR Southeast, Top 100 fastest growing companies in South Carolina, and top 5,000 fastest growing companies in America. We offer full paid benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k), and Profit Sharing. Excellent opportunity to move up in positions each year with pay raises and performance bonuses. Join a leading and growing civil engineering firm for the opportunity to gain excellent experience and be involved with some of the most reputable projects in the region!
Construction Project Manager / Project Engineer
Project Manager / Project Engineer
Sunseri Construction, Inc. is a progressive general contractor established in Nevada for nearly twenty-five years. We're seeking a skilled Project Manager / Project Engineer to join our growing team to manage new construction and renovation of affordable senior and multi-family projects in the Reno / Sparks Area. This employment opportunity includes competitive wages and benefits with a stable and conscientious employer that values a healthy work-life balance.
We are looking for an experienced onsite Project Manager / Project Engineer to perform the duties below:
- Work with Senior Project Staff to provide Project Overview / Direction / Management of Staff
- Coordinate Multiple Duties between Main Reno Office and Project Sites
- Assist with Budget Administration
- Owner & Subcontractor Change Order Preparation / Approval
- Owner Correspondence
- Subcontractor Billing Review / Approval
- Management of Coordination & Mock-Up Meetings
- Ongoing Plan / Spec Review
- Buy Out - P.O. & Subcontract Preparation
- Process RFI’s
- Submittal Review with Project Staff
- Owner / Architect Meeting Participation
- As-Built Management
- Monitor Closeout Document Preparation
- Must have self-starter work habits
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in multi-family and/or senior housing
- A minimum of three years’ experience working with Type V wood framing
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve complex issues
- Ability to create and support positive team morale
- A strong work ethic with a "can-do" attitude
- Good knowledge of complete structures
- Proficient computer skills including good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Bluebeam Revu
- Ability to create and manage CPM/Gantt schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Stability in previous employment
If you are looking for a healthy work-life balance, enjoy working in a team-oriented environment with a great company and have multi-family/senior housing experience, please submit your resume.
We offer a great and supportive working environment and are proud to have a large proportion of long-term employees with our company. We include a competitive benefit package including medical/dental/vision/401k as well as other items as well.
Project Engineer & Project Superintendent
Established General Contracting company located in Billerica, MA looking to add a qualified and competent Project Engineer and Project Superintendent to our established and dedicated staff. Our main focus is on commercial Massachusetts public projects and federal projects throughout New England. We also self-perform our own site-work and concrete foundation installations. All applicants shall possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in a related construction field and/or a college Education.
Applicants shall be willing to work within a team environment and be committed to the successful completion of the project(s) they are assigned. Both positions require adequate relevant computer skills to effectively oversee large scale projects as well as be able to effectively communicate with owners, architects, subcontractors, and project stakeholders.
Moderate pay and benefits available as well as project incentives.
J&J is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!