Project Manager Job Description Sample
The Project manager is responsible for managing system projects, performing system analysis functions, and assessing new system solutions for organizational needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Lead projects as assigned by the project manager. This includes full responsibility from analysis to implementation of the project. Ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner and that commitment is made on the part of the project team members.
Report on progress of projects to management.
Coordinate with the users to test new applications/solutions and report any problems to ISD or the vendor. This includes Release and Conversion testing.
Analyze user requests and document their needs. Make recommendations for new solutions or replacement of existing systems, based on the needs of the bank.
Contact vendors to coordinate presentations of new products. Analyze the products and make recommendations to implement the new products.
Provide post-implementation support once a project is implemented.
Communicate with the users to inform them of system enhancements.
Must possess good time management, multitasking and stress management skills to be able to ensure that tasks are completed consistently and in a timely manner.
Good team work and leadership skills are essential in order to motivate different groups of people to fulfill their responsibilities within a given time frame.
Proficient in Microsoft Office software; Word, Excel, and Project.
Good written and oral communication skills.
High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of one year's related project management experience.
Business analysis experience.
Bachelor's degree from four year college or university preferred.
Banking experience preferred.
Six Sigma, Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management certificate or Certified Associate in Project Management preferred.
We offer a competitive salary with a robust Fortune 500 type benefits package: employee assistance, employee adoption, 401K with match, medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability, 15 paid time days off, 10 holidays, unlimited web-based training and up to $5K towards continuing education and/or professional development and more!
Founded in 2004, is a Veteran Owned Small Business, ISO9001:2015 certified with over $7M annual revenues and 35 employees. Our growth has been recognized in the Washington Technology Fast 50 and the INC. 5000. We have an immediate Project Manager position available in Baltimore, MD.
Job Description and
- Performs overall management for Contract support operations.
- Organizes, directs, and coordinates the planning and production of all Contract activities, projects and support activities, including those of subcontractors.
- Establishes and alters management structure to direct effective and efficient Contract support activities.
- Oversees the development of or develops work breakdown structures, charts, tables, graphs, major milestone calendars and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems and making recommendations.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders as well as interfacing with senior leadership.
- Manage the Change Order Management process throughout the duration of this contract. This includes issue resolution tracking and Vendor work order changes.
- Coordinate infrastructure development
- Application installation in development/testing/production environments
- Configuration of workflow in various business process areas
- Collaboration with senior level management on implementation organizational change management
- Identifying and ensuring requirements capabilities
- Acceptance testing
- Schedule management
- Issue resolution
- Budget and/or status reporting
- Must have a minimum of 12 years of program/project management
- At least 5 years in information system and development
- Experience in managing agile scrum teams with developers, testers and DevOps team using agile processes and practices.
- Ability to provide oversight of IT related programs or projects.
- Experience implementing and utilizing a Change Order Management System tracking issue through to resolution and managing application vendor changes to their contract.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Master's Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Required)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Public Trust
- Regularly communicating to Sr. Director and VP levels in the organization.
- Infrastructure is being redefined as Software Defined Data Center (NSX and Arista), Automation based on public and private Cloud Strategies (AWS / Azure), Data Governance and the use of Enclaves to create groupings of secure, isolated, infrastructure.
- Focus on Enterprise Application portability to Managed Service providers.
- Not technical PM but understands technical aspects of projects
- PMP would be a plus
- Working internal projects not 3rd party projects
- Enterprise Architect is who they will work with – oversees everything over the DC
- Project teams could be up to 20 people at times
- Very high level ability to talk and speak to C level folks (PPT, presentations, etc…)
Technical Resource Manager |MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755| Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is an established ESCO currently seeking a Project Manager to manage the construction of multiple Energy Savings Performance Contracting (ESPC) projects. This position will be focused on the MUSH market in the Boston area.
Job Duties and
- Perform site visits with project development team during preliminary analysis and investment grade audit periods to identify scope logistics and specific job requirements.
- Perform site walks with all prospective subcontractors and vendors to develop a fully comprehensive scope which meets or exceeds the required Energy performance expectations.
- Manage multiple large projects from design, bidding through construction and commissioning while meeting cost and schedule objectives
- Ensure that the projects meet long-term energy performance guarantees
- Develop constructive and long lasting relationships with subcontractors and customers.
- Develop and lead effective teams
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering/Construction or commensurate progressive experience in mechanical contracting and/or energy services contracting (ESPC) strongly preferred
- 7+ years progressively responsible experience in the project/construction management of projects from $ 500,000 to $ 15,000,000
- Experience in energy performance contracting
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage multiple large energy conservation projects
- Ability to work and travel throughout state
- Contracting experience with local, state, federal government and large academic institutions would be beneficial
- Competitive base salary
- Healthcare benefits
Position Title: Project Manager
Grade/Classification: 6(D1) - Sr. Professional
Bargaining Unit: CSEA Local 698
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hiring Rate: $86,386
Application Deadline: October 31st, 2018
The Project Manager manages all aspects of construction projects, and oversees all functions necessary to provide value added services to customer agencies for full and modified service projects.
Represents DASNY as primary liaison to customer agency.
Meets with customer agency and makes recommendations regarding project approach.
Develops and monitors project scope budget and schedule, and prepares related reports as required.
Manages and participates in the selection of design and construction consultants.
Monitors the development of project drawings, documents and specifications.
Coordinates bid advertising, reviews bids, prepares bid summary and recommends contract awards.
Assist in the drafting of design and construction contracts.
Schedules, coordinates and monitors all project activities among DASNY groups (including but not limited to State Environmental Quality Review, Quality Assurance, Procurement, Opportunity Programs Group, Finance, Legal, and Information Services), consultants, contractors, governmental agencies and other project entities through project closeout.
Conducts joint scope and job progress meetings, and delivers monthly reports as dictated by project scope.
Ensures consultant and contractor compliance with all DASNY procedures.
Manages all aspects of consultant and construction contracts including review and approval of consultant and contractor requests for payment, change orders, amendments, reduction in retainage, extensions of schedule and contract closeout.
Coordinates consultant and contractor deliverables through thorough understanding of contract deliverables, pre-construction meetings, Construction Manager Orientations, Project Health Assessments, monthly project meetings, and contract closeout checklists.
Develops documents, prepares and maintains reports for customer agencies and DASNY management through updating of project information utilizing internal systems.
Continuously evaluates the performance of architects, engineers, contractors and construction managers utilizing internal A/E/C CM Evaluation system, and ensures all evaluations are complete at project closeout.
Supervises Assistant and Senior Assistant Project Managers, Field Representatives and administrative resources.
Ensures quality is maintained in accordance with the original intent of construction documents through coordination with construction managers/contractors and/or management of material testing and inspection consultants, review of daily field reporting, and coordination with internal quality resources.
Participate in the documentation, negotiation and settlement of claims.
Ensure the retention and maintenance of records and files both on and off-site as appropriate.
Assist in the development, administration and testing of construction-related software tools and applications.
Establish necessary procedures and monitor progress to accommodate the requirements for acquisition of Temporary Certificate of Occupancy, Temporary Approval of Occupancy, Certificate of Occupancy and Code Compliance Certificate.
Conduct surveys and inspections of existing facilities to determine design and construction defects and rehabilitation requirements.
Pursues new business opportunities with customer agencies on behalf of DASNY.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Train and evaluate employees.
Develop, document and implement procedures.
Assess, develop and implement internal controls, and oversee the review and testing of same.
Assist Management in the development of policies.
Undertake special assignments as directed.
Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Supervision of employees is required.
Requires travel (may be frequent), using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires exposure to weather and temperature extremes, loud noises, heights (climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.) and other work-safety hazards (chemicals, fumes, etc.) of a construction site. May require time-pressured decision-making. Must be available to occasionally work a modified work schedule or extended workday hours.
Official station may be located at a construction field site. If not, frequent site visits will be required. Requires use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, shredder, Global Positioning Systems field location devices.
Bachelor's degree plus three years' relevant experience as a DASNY Sr. APM, including two years' supervisory experience or successful completion of designated supervisor training during probationary period, or Bachelor's degree plus three years' experience as a DASNY Field Representative (grade 3), including two years' supervisory experience or successful completion of designated supervisor training during probationary period, or Bachelor's degree plus seven years' relevant experience including two years' supervisory experience or successful completion of designated supervisor training during probationary period,, or a NYS Professional Engineers or Architects license with 12 years' relevant experience including four years' supervisory experience.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or a construction industry related field plus five years' experience as a DASNY Senior APM or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or a construction industry related field plus five years' experience as a DASNY Field Representative (grade 3) or Bachelor's degree in construction industry related field plus 10 years' relevant construction industry experience with public or private projects. NYS Professional Engineers or Architects license. Minimum two years' supervisory experience. PC applications and construction systems experience. (Primavera project management and scheduling applications preferred).
Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend plans, specifications, addenda, bid materials, contracts and related construction documents.
Excellent oral and written communications skills.
Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
Proficiency in PC applications, such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
Demonstrated ability to lead and/or participate in team endeavors.
Demonstrated record of taking initiative.
Demonstrated management skills.
Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
Basic knowledge of management principles.
Must have U.S. Citizenship or Green card.
No corp to corp.
Must have bolded experience below.
Manages the various aspects of the technology project life cycle, ensuring adherence to National Information Technology; local project and program management principles and processes, including Technology Project Standards.
Collaborates with stakeholders to analyze business opportunities and problems, and develop project proposal justifications which include proposed solutions, strategic rationale and cost/benefit analyses, success measures, broad implications, milestones, critical success factors, initial risk assessments, and alternatives considered.
Oversees development of business requirements by focusing on defined scope and reinforcing customer perspective.
Defines how the project will be managed and establishes overarching project management plan, including appropriate gates and associated reviews.
Manages project plans to scope.
Identifies and implements corrective action plans to meet scope, time, and cost constraints.
Directs the work of project team members and guides team in prioritizing work based upon knowledge of customer requirements, project schedule, and various dependencies.
Leads project teams through all project phases, including through various key recurring project team and ad hoc meetings.
Communicates regularly with project governance members and guides project through governance processes to ensure decision-making and delivery management activities are focused on achieving project goals, addressing risks, and fulfilling stakeholder requirements.
Communicates regularly with stakeholders on project milestones, plans, status, and progress.
Adjusts project plans and/or resources per discussions with key stakeholders and resource managers.
Tracks and manages various items through course of project via decision logs, risk registers/assessments, and lessons learned.
Bachelor’s degree specializing in business, related computer technology, or equivalent combination of education and/or directly related work experience.
Minimum of 4 years of technology project management experience, including end-to-end software development life cycle project management experience.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification strongly preferred.
Strong skill in MS Project or comparable project management tool.
Possesses strong technical aptitude, including knowledge of software development methodologies and processes (e.g., agile, RUP, waterfall, scrum); computing environments; and tools such as JIRA and ClearCase.
Practical knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM), or alternative project performance measurement practices.
Knowledge of and proven skills with project management through the full System Development Life Cycle to include the business/conceptual and initiation phases as well as analysis and requirements gathering (business, use cases/stories, functional/non-functional, and technical)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate and explain complex technical concepts to non-technical individuals, and to determine and drive reporting and communication strategies. Uses persuasion and tact in advising on, and influencing, project objectives and direction, as well as project team.
Skilled at negotiating commitments among various stakeholders and possesses excellent meeting and presentation skills, which includes handling difficult and/or sensitive conversations with key stakeholders.
United States citizenship or lawful permanent resident alien status with at least three or more years of United States residency from the date of legal entry to the United States is required for this position.
If interested, please email resume to:
Midwest Consulting Group
Project management end-to-end SDLC, technical aptitude, (Agile, RUP, Waterfall), Jira Clearcase
Arke is searching for a Digital Project Manager to join their successful growing team. At Arke, we align your skills and goals with the challenges of the projects we're executing. But more importantly, we love to share knowledge, nurture skills, and constantly encourage you to challenge yourself.
Our Project Managers know how to balance multiple projects without missing a beat. They have the unique ability to connect with every member of our team as well as the project leaders at our client companies. They are organized, energetic, positive, consultative and adaptable.
Ability to grasp Arke's technology, customer applications, internal processes and procedures, and standards of performance is necessary.
Leading projects to completion, managing scope, budget, schedule and risks.
Following and enforcing the established Arke project management processes.
Managing and creating key project deliverables, including but not limited to: documentation required to manage scope, project financials, project status and lessons learned.
Communicating project status with internal and external project stakeholders.
Coordinating with internal and external resources to ensure project tasks are completed per schedule.
Supporting efforts to introduce additional project management processes and controls.
Contributing to business development activities.
Other functions as required in the performance of Arke's daily business requirements.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
Previous experience in a Project Manager role (ideally at a digital agency, creative agency or studio)
Direct experience in managing the development of websites or full website redesigns in an agile environment
Experience in planning and managing strategy, design, production, and development of websites and other marketing materials for digital projects in a fast-paced environment
Understanding of software development methodologies including waterfall and agile
Understanding of information architecture, user experience, and web design principles
Understanding of digital process and digital deliverables (e.g., website, apps, e-mails)
Knowledge of digital technologies, front-end development, SEO, localization, testing/optimization
Experience in fostering cross-functional working relationships in medium to large organizations
Skills in Microsoft Office tools and related project/program management applications to drive best practices
Experience managing budgets and vendors
Experience using web-based content management tools
WHO WE ARE
We are a privately held, very rapidly growing and innovative CSIA certified Systems Integrator. We customize automation engineering solutions to customers that are food and beverage manufacturing plants. Unlike many integrators who claim to be experts in every industry segment, Automation Group knows who we are. We serve the food and beverage industry and we serve it well. We have a truly unique and cherished culture founded upon the beliefs that being humble, keeping our promises and having integrity at all times makes for a successful AND entertaining work culture where coworkers trust and support one another.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- BS in Engineering or 10+ years’ experience in control system project management
- PMP certification a plus but not necessary
- Experience in job costing analysis, budget management, time and schedule management, resource management, and scope management
- Familiar with the “PMBOK” project management approach
- Manage $1-2 MM in projects annual at 40% gross margin
- Manage project budgets, costs, margins, schedules, scope of work, quality and customer expectations
- Manage the development of project documentation (i.e. IO list, device list, scope, FAT, SAT, etc.)
- Develop and troubleshoot PLC & HMI code as required
- Perform job walks and develop project estimates
- Conduct off-site customer meetings
- Project commissioning
- Build and lead a team of automation engineering professionals
- Assist team of project engineers with development and start up as needed
- Communicate in person or via telephone to identify clients' needs and relay them to the team
- Develop, train, motivate and retain a team of top talent project engineers
- Ensure CSIA compliance on all projects
- Supervise sales activities, panels, drafting and service work for key accounts
- Provide excellent customer service
- Expertise with ContolLogix, PLC-5, SLC-500, S7, GE, FTView SE, FTView ME, Wonderware, iFIX, Ignition, ENet IP, CNet , DNet, DH+, RIO, ISA Symbology, and P+IDs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (company shares cost of premiums)
- $25,000 life insurance
- 401(k) with weekly 15% company match
- Paid time off/Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Company car or car allowance
- Computer/cell phone
- Drug free environment
Akraya is looking for a Project Manager for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly to Shashank Verma at
If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume.
Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Project Management, Lean, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies, pharmaceutical industry experience
Duration: 18 Months
Location: Foster City, CA 94404
The candidate ensures proper project planning, scope management, coordination of team assignment and mobilization, coordination of work efforts, monitoring of project deliverables, quality reviews and issue identification, escalation and resolution, transition to release / go live and post-implementation reviews including the planning and coordination of organization change management, training and adoption our initiatives.
Contribute to strategic direction to team to oversee procedural documentation, project management, and process improvement in conjunction with cross-functional stakeholders and subject matter experts
Perform content review and quality control for a portfolio of documents to drive alignment with client policies and best practices
Contribute to plans to resolve complex issues and execute corrective actions
Drive continued team progress on multiple projects during and between meetings
Determine actions required to achieve team goals and leverage junior staff accordingly Synthesize complex data and present findings clearly to senior leadership
Collaborate with key stakeholders to assess process alignment and prioritize revisions as necessary to ensure continued relevance and applicability
Contribute to the development and delivery of internal training materials on an as-needed basis
Drive standardization and the adoption of best practices across the Development Operations organization
8+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’ s Degree
6+ years of relevant experience with a Master’ s Degree
Familiarity with highly regulated industry environments or drug development
2+ years of experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceuticals industry
Experience with Lean, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies
Experience managing and collaborating with virtual or remote teams
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Shashank Verma at
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world.
We have been ranked as one of the Best Staffing Firms to Temp for by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.
- Budgetary, planning, scheduling, public relations, and technical activities related to broad range of engineering, administrative, and other projects or programs
- Develop and implement innovative design techniques that enhance the projects and the productivity of the assignments within the company
- Motivate staff to excel in day-to-day work environment and maintain a creative spirit within a team
- Ensure engineering designs are in compliance with current applicable state & local regulations
- Work with a team of design engineers, CAD designer to assure Quality Assurance and Quality Control through various phases of projects
- Assist in preparing and reviewing requests for proposals and contracts
- Identify, contract and manage sub-consultants to include on projects
- Develop project Work Plans, manage project budget and performance
- Assist with the preparation of weekly duties and reporting that include: deliverables, milestones of current projects, proposals, staffing needs
- Review and identify current and potential discrepancies with budgets and contracts and cost overruns (i.e. timelines, work plans, etc.)
- Monitor project billing and accounts receivable which includes direct communication with clients for collection efforts
- Reinforce the company’s core standards and expectations through mentoring, communication, and coaching
- Be able to fairly and accurately assess performance of staff members and participate in performance reviews
- Participate in recruiting and hiring collaboration with Human Resources
- Contribute to the company’s technological requirements through identifying technological solutions
- Contribute to the company’s strategic plan, through engaged leadership and results-oriented action plans
- Work closely with other Principals and other Project Managers
- Sign and stamp engineering documents
- A clear understanding of engineering designs of tasks and assignments, including problem analysis, concept, formulation, form development, integration, and review
- Demonstrates ability to develop and manage a team effectively while producing quantifiable results
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to multiple schedules and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills for working within an overall design team environment
- Effectively able to work well with others at all levels of the company; both on-site and remotely
- Ability to contact clients and manage professional relationships
- Maintains confidentiality and security of sensitive company information
- Must have strong and versatile computer drawing and design skills, excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must have digital and hand graphic skills and ability to grasp all technical interrelationships among the projects
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task and use time effectively
- Works independently under general supervision, uses initiative and good business judgment
- Ability to read and interpret written information including business documents, contracts, forms, email correspondence and follow instructions
- Ability to prepare analysis, reports, correspondence, and memos
- Reliable and responsible
- Maintains accurate and complete project records
- Be willing and able to travel frequently
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil (and Environmental Engineering preferred) Engineering
- Additional course work/degree in Architecture, Planning or Landscape Architecture (preferred)
- Licensure as a California Professional Engineer
- 6 to 15 years’ experience
- LEED Certification preferred
- City of Petaluma and streets (preferred)
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of Windows, MS Office, Google Apps
- Knowledge of GIS and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Knowledge of civil design programs (Civil 3D, Hydro CAD, Flowmaster, Storm CAD, etc.) preferred
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!