Psychiatrics Job Description Sample
RN - Psychiatrics
LOCATION: Oakland, CALIFORNIA
SUMMARY Under the direction of the Physician Supervisor, apply and modify the principles, methods and techniques of medicine to provide comprehensive occupational medical services. Diagnose and treat a variety of diseases and injuries. Provide leadership, direction and coordination of all clinical activities involving professional medical judgment. Work closely with Administrator to ensure comprehensive delivery of services and quality patient care. Cooperate with management in the direction of all center activities to ensure accomplishment of all center objectives. Evaluate medical procedures and everyday situations and suggest ways to improve delivery of service and profitability. Participate in center growth plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide medical treatment of work-related illnesses and injuries. Services must be limited to: services within the training or experience of the physician assistant, services customary to the practice of the supervising physician, services delegated by the supervising physician
- Chart all patient transactions in accordance with company policies and procedures. Write orders and record progress notes which will be reviewed and countersigned by the supervising physician.
- Communicate and work with medical staff to ensure coordinated efforts for the provision of high quality medical treatment and client service.
- Assist management in identifying, analyzing and resolving work problems.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing clinical methods and procedures and suggest improvements.
- Assist clinical staff in understanding and complying with policies and procedures.
- Comply with company policies regarding ethical, legal and professional issues.
- Comply with applicable regulations and with Corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain quality assurance for all medical issues and assist in the solution of any medical problems.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Communicate staff suggestions and/or complaints to Medical Director.
- Support efforts of administrative and marketing personnel in securing new and maintaining current business as required.
- Participate in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of professional medical practices related to treatment of work-related illness and injuries.
- Knowledge of organizational and medical policies, regulations and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe medical environment.
- Skill in developing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
- Skill in developing and maintaining medical quality assurance and quality control standards.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the general public.
- Ability to react calmly, objectively and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients, staff and clients.
- Good telephone manners and etiquette.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent people skills. Ability to motivate and work effectively with others.
Graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
Previous experience in Occupational, Emergency, Ortho, Internal Medicine or General Practice preferred.
Current state Nurse Practitioner license.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
Work is performed in a clinical office environment. Involves frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, blood borne pathogens and other conditions common to a medical center environment. Contact may involve dealing with angry, upset or uneasy people. May also do on-site medical care as needed.
Work requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Standing and walking for prolonged periods of time. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Normal or corrected vision to levels that allow performance of tasks inherent to medical practice and common office work. Hearing within the acceptable range for telephone contacts. Requires working under pressure during emergency situations or during irregular hours.
Flexible Physician Opportunity In Springfield
Annashae Staffing is seeking a qualified Physician who would be interested in our Medical Officer on Duty position in Springfield, Anna, and Chester IL.
- Initial history and physical examination
- Evaluation for admission
- Initial diagnosis
- Devise initial treatment plan and make recommendations for treatment
- Sign admission certificates
- Perform admission history and physicals
- Order lab studies
- Provide follow-up evaluations and care to recipients
- Document exam results and treatment plans
- Attend to employee work-related injuries prior to hospital referral
- Respond to resident emergencies (whether medical or psychiatric)
- Consult with attending physicians and psychiatrics as necessary
- Make referrals to acute hospital
- Sign and review restraint or seclusion orders
- Provide on-call services
- Current Illinois license
- Current Illinois Controlled Substance certificate
- Current DEA certificate
- Mantoux skin test prior to starting work or documentation of negative Mantoux within last 90 days
- Experience in a mental health setting preferred
- Board eligible
- Weekday 5:00pm – 8:00am (15 hrs)
- Weekend 7:00 am -7:00am (24 hours)
- Holiday8:00am – 8:00am (24 hours)
- Daytime 9:00am – 5pm (8 hours)
It all started in 1980, after serving in the medical healthcare field ourselves. We saw a need that existed; healthcare providers needing flexibility and fulfillment, facilities requiring quality staffing, and patient centered satisfaction. We were able to see firsthand, insight into pressing healthcare needs with compassion and urgency. We discovered a better way to address those needs for the facilities, those working in the healthcare field and their patients.
Since then, Annashae Consulting & Staffing has been providing medical staffing solutions to healthcare, government and education facilities nationwide. We specialize in placing long-term contract and direct hire personnel to nearly every segment of the healthcare market.
Annashae’s robust medical staffing network and healthcare solutions have been designed specifically for the healthcare industry by leading healthcare experts. We have an inherent understanding of the challenges of operating a 24/7 healthcare organization.
“Today we use this method to attract people with big hearts and provide outstanding healthcare service nationwide.”
Behavioral Health Advisor
Apply now » Behavioral Health Advisor Behavioral Health Advisor Adolescent Psychiatrics Franciscan Health 24 Joliet Street Dyer, IN 46311 View on Map Get Directions Part-Time Benefit eligible; 24 Hrs/Wk Days; Evenings; Holidays; Nights; Weekends Never or Rarely Travel WHAT WE NEED Caring provider of behavioral health services WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR At Franciscan Health, behavioral health covers body, mind and spirit. Our behavioral health advisors understand that and seek to help each patient find balance. It’s more than a job, it’s a calling – a calling to walk beside each individual and address their specific needs. Are you able to follow psychosocial plans? Do you communicate well with patients, families and fellow staff? Are you experienced in therapeutic behavioral health? We have a special place that needs your skills. WHAT YOU WILL DO
Practice leadership, teamwork and cooperation.
Quality assessment and evaluation.
Assist with patient/family/staff education.
Utilize therapeutic interventions and demonstrates clinical competence.
Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
Assume responsibility for professional self-development. WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
Identify personal learning needs. Seek opportunity for continued learning.
Utilize time productively.
Demonstrate flexibility in staffing and adaptability to changes in patient care practice.
Exercise safe judgement in decision making.
Demonstrate tact and understanding when dealing with others. Respond in a positive manner to constructive criticism.
Assist with the orientation of new staff.
The PHYSICAL demand level and degree of strenuous activity ranges from occasional SEDENTARY WORK with a certain amount of sitting, walking and standing to occasional VERY HEAVY WORK involving the lifting of patients up to and in excess of 100 pounds of force and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
BS/BA in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work or related allied health profession from an accredited school required.
CPR Required WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR Bachelor's Required 0-1 Years Experience License(s): Certification(s): Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law. Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights. Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity. Nearest Major Market:GaryNearest Secondary Market:ChicagoJob Segment:Medical, Behavioral Health, Patient Care, Social Worker, Healthcare, Part Time, Service Apply now »
Psychiatric Manager - Registered Nurse - RN
RN We have an exceptional opportunity for a Manager in the Concord area. This individual will have the opportunity to work in a great hospital as a Manager level RN in Psychiatrics within the Concord, NH area. Job Information (Manager – Psych): ·You will work under a great executive team ·Sign-on bonus depending on experience ·You will oversee a strong team of nurses ·Great organizational culture Job Requirements (Manager
Psychiatric): ·Must be a Registered Nurse ·Seeking 2 years of experience in psychiatric, mental health and passion about nursing ·ADN accepted BSN preferred Andrew
Office Coordinator - Psych Clinic
*Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
- Center for Youth and Families* Behavioral HealthFull Time, Days, 8:30 - 5:00 POSITION SUMMARY/PURPOSE The principal responsibility of the Office Coordinator is to coordinate the office operations that support the processes for patient referrals, admissions, and discharges.# The position supervises the secretarial/clerical staff
####in the outpatient psychiatric clinic
, while working under the direction of the Clinical Manager and Behavioral Health Coordinator.# # # ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Coordinates the registration, charging, payment collection and coding operations for all visits to outpatient behavioral health programs.# Interfaces with hospital departments responsible for registration, billing, and coding.# Coordinates the medical record filing, retrieval, and archiving processes Obtains insurance information for all new patients and enters into hospital computer system.# Coordinates office systems and process to assure that all required insurance information and responsibilities for patients/clinic are completed to assure optimal revenue collection of insurance payments and insurance payments for services rendered.. Supports the functioning and use of telephone system for incoming, outgoing, voicemail and fax functions..# Works closely with maintenance to rectify problems. Provides support to the Medical Director as assigned. #Collects statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes as requested.# Inputs data for grant funded programs.
Coordinates secretarial/clerical staff schedules. Insures that coverage to support operations, medical and clinical staff is provided. Provides supervision and guidance to the behavioral health secretaries and other clerical staff roles.
Processes and maintains system for all environmental and physical plant maintenance needs. Lead timekeeper responsibilities that include entering, editing, and reviewing timecards for assigned programs for all employees. Responsible for accuracy and timely completion of these timecards verifies psychiatrics bills prior to processing for payment.
Maintains administrative files. Ensures proper training of behavioral health secretarial staff for all hospital registration, charging, and email systems, and software programs related to letters, reports, mailings, and email. # Provides hands on Behavioral Health Secretarial coverage as needed or assigned by the Clinical Manager Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise. Participates in monthly staff meetings and attends other meetings as assigned.
Displays and upholds CHH core values of dignity, compassion, service excellence, community and integrity.# Consistently demonstrates caring for patients, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie.# # JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIREMENTS, AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES 1.#### Maintains office availability for professional staff. 2.#### Supervises the maintenance and alteration of front office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of front office facilities. 3.#### Collects information as requested #by Administrative Director for meetings #and reports # # 4.#### Assists the Clinical Manager #in the reviewing of secretarial employment applications and participates in the interviewing process. 5.#### Performs all other related duties as assigned. # EDUCATION Associates degree in Business Administration or Secretarial Science. # EXPERIENCE The job requires minimum three years of job related experience. Secretarial and supervisory experience in an office setting required.
Hours per week: 40 Posted: 10/10/2017 Req #: 2800
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner No Holiday's, Weekends, Or Call!
Full time- Direct Hire- Flexible 30-40 hrs (Full time is considered 30hrs./wk. to be benefit eligible)
Monday-Friday, no holidays or weekends- No On-call
Patient population: All ages, dually diagnosed, MH/developmentally disabled
Psychiatric nurses provide specialized care to individuals, groups and collaterals with mental disorders. The psychiatric nurse will need to diagnose, start a treatment plan for the patient, maintain health records, and help find therapeutic ways for the patient to manage their mental illness. In addition, provide information to patients and collaterals and help prepare patients for therapy.
He/she will also need to be able to understand patients' needs, be patient, have good communication skills, and be able to work well under pressure. Additionally, psychiatric nurses also need to be able to explain information and issues effectively to family, friends, when explaining mental illness-related issues.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides Nurse Practitioner services on an individual or group basis to individuals and families who need these supports.
2. Compile and evaluate medical history and mental health findings.
3. Facilitate communication between psychiatric services, programs and care givers.
4. Initiate, monitor and recommend medications and treatment changes.
5. Manage caseload and documentation.
6. Provide comprehensive assessment of patient.
7. Utilizes team approach to focus community resources to develop a unified and effective treatment approach.
8. Completes all clinical billing as per Article 16 Clinic policies and procedures.
9. Provides crisis intervention on an as needed basis. Completes incident reports using the correct format. Provides follow up for Incident Reports/Incident Review Committee.
10. Adheres to all Agency Policy and Procedure. Utilizes appropriate process to report issues.
11. Advocates for consumer needs as necessary.
Must be certified and registered as a nurse practitioner (NP) by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) in order to practice as an NP in New York. SED certification to practice Psychiatry preferred.
Psychiatric and/or Mental Health NP Certification preferred but not required
Req ID AB
Registered Nurse RN Supervisor For Locked Psychiatric Facility
We are seeking Registered Nurse RN Supervisor For Locked Psychiatric Facility to join our team! Full medical coverage.
- Diagnose and establish patient treatment plans
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Educate patients about health maintenance and disease prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members
- Psych experience preferred, but not necessary. New grads welcomed
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
This position is for a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner in Western New York.
The practice is looking for a full time psychiatric nurse practitioner to assist it’s practice and provide
- psychiatric evaluations
- medication management
- Treatment plans
- coordinate care with concurrent Care providers
- we have a full support staff that assist the practitioner including social workers, psychologists, and practitioners
- recent graduates welcome to apply
- interest in child & adolescent population a plus
- we offer full benefits package
Nurse Practitioner - Psychiatric
OUTPATIENT CLINIC &
CRISIS STABILIZATION UNIT
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners wanted to work in Memphis, Tennessee, a community mental health center setting, serving adults in both an outpatient clinical setting and in the Crisis Continuum. Will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing mental health treatment and case management services to seriously and persistently mentally ill adults.
Must be licensed in Tennessee and eligible for TennCare credential. Full or part time acceptable. Hours are Monday – Friday, with little on-call duties.
Send resume to: email@example.com
or mail resume to:
ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE SERVICES
Human Resources - NP
2220 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38104
or fax resume to:
"Your Partner in Healthcare"
Comprehensive Counseling Network, each of which has provided services in the Memphis/Shelby County area for over 40 years. We are proud that our tradition of commitment to serving our community continues today.
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Rn)
- Location: Thomasville, NC
- Shift: 12 Hour Nights
- Length of Contract: 13 weeks
- Start Date: ASAP
Identify and deescalate potential crisis situations
- Active RN license in specified state
- 1 year Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN) experience within the last 3 years in hospital setting
- Current BLS (Basic life Support) certification by American Heart Association (AHA)
- RN degree from an accredited registered nurse program
- Competitive Pay
- Great Health, Dental & Vision Insurance Coverage – Day One
- Customized Housing Options
- Tax Free Travel Expense Allowance (if qualified)
- Tax Free Meals and Incidentals Allowance (if qualified)
- 401K with Company Matching
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Professional and General Liability Coverage
- Licensure Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay and Direct Deposit
- Unlimited Referral Bonus Program
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!