Quality Assurance Job Description Sample
Quality Assurance Technician / Quality Inspector - Night Shift
Rehrig Pacific Company is a family-owned, global leader in providing logistics solutions. We celebrate our people and empower them to create innovative solutions that effectively and responsibly move goods, resources and ideas.
At Rehrig Pacific, you’ll experience a family atmosphere that fosters learning and creativity and promotes your personal and professional growth. Our commitment to each other is what sets us apart from other organizations. You will have a chance to make an immediate, meaningful impact on the business.
As a Quality Assurance Technician, you will play a critical role in our organization by maintaining the quality excellence of our products and injection process while working safely with the production and management teams.
This role operates on a schedule of 12 hr/day for three days and 8hr/day for one day. The night shift hours are from 8:00pm – 8:00am.
We’re looking for individuals who value the same things we do: Family, Service, Growth, Intrapreneurship, and Innovation. If this is you, please consider joining our team!
As a QA Technician, you will:
- Follow all established safety and work standards and advocate safety throughout the plant. Safety is our number one priority.
- Complete First Part Approvals on every order to ensure work order accuracy against production.
- Measure and document part specifications several times a shift.
- Send Quality alerts for any deviations in part quality and place suspect product in need of rework on hold.
- Work with Processing, Tooling, Production, and Engineering on quality issues that arise until product is back to standard quality.
- Confirm cycle efficiencies against process change documentation.
- Validate the functionality of various components received from suppliers.
- Perform quality testing on incoming regrind/virgin material.
- Contribute to team effort by leading in-house product rework, job hazard analysis assessments for non-standard work, and 5S initiatives.
- Assist Quality Manager in completing quality improvement projects.
- Communicate with other Quality Techs between shift changes on recent quality issues and wins.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with production on quality issues and improvements.
- Allocate time towards self-improvement through training and team meetings.
- Manage process mold books for history tracking and consistency in machine processes.
- Perform quality training/audit to production staff.
- Consistently demonstrate Rehrig Pacific values in decisions and actions.
Qualifications for the role:
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to prioritize daily responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Quality background/auditing is a plus
- Use of measuring instruments is a plus
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing is a plus
- Injection molding or manufacturing background is a plus
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience conducting root cause analysis
- Ability to use Microsoft office programs like Excel (formulas and graphs)
Rehrig Pacific Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Quality Control / Quality Assurance Technician
A leader in seafood manufacturing is seeking experienced Quality Assurance / Quality Control Technicians to join our fast-paced, growing team. We are hiring for all shifts – day, night, and swing! A key duty of this role will be to perform and oversee quality assurance for a high-energy food manufacturer. Responsibilities will encompass quality assurance, process control and testing, and Food Safety. You will have the autonomy to implement fresh processes for both testing and inspecting, and will be part of the team that re-evaluates manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Test for quality and accurate processes
- Develop standards and new processes to determine true quality
- Participate in the investigation of customer complaints
- Can multitask, make quick decisions, and execute
- Comply with external Food Safety Guidelines
- Contribute to improvement of internal processes and systems
- Comply with external Food Safety Guidelines
- Adhere to paperwork required by company as needed
- Must be able to work afternoon shift
- 1-3 years’ experience in food manufacturing in a quality control capacity
- Familiarity of regularity requirements
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Strong time management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Benefits and many other great perks provided as well!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!
Quality Assurance Quality Control (Qa-Qc) Technician
As a privately held family enterprise, Silent-Aire has been designing and manufacturing Custom HVAC and CRAC systems for over 20 years. We specialize in the Healthcare, Industrial and Data Center markets.
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for direct examination of product to ensure that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. Requiring a high level of attention to detail, the Quality Control Technician is responsible for strictly adhering to the organization's quality assurance policies, and identifying defects and or production errors in order to prevent these materials from entering the supply chain. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Work schedule includes First shift M-Th 5a-330p Second shift M-Th 3:00p-1:30am Weekend/Part-time available also.
- Inspect production material as assigned for defects as trained.
- Remove defective items from production, designating reason for removal.
- Report defects to the appropriate manager.
- Perform internal QA audits that are compliant with corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of QA monitoring programs, including audits, controls, and other qualifiers.
- Comply with Company QA programs for monitoring supplier quality, including audits, controls, and other qualifiers.
- Support new product development and continuous improvement and by integrating quality control tools (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) into processes.
- Promote and advocate quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Maintain QA control documentation
- This position requires shop work. When working in the shop, one must exercise caution as this environment presents many naturally-occurring and potentially worker-produced hazards including small or large projectiles, contamination with toxic gasses/liquids, impalement, crushing, electrocution, explosion, immolation, decapitation and asphyxiation. Safety policies must be adhered to at all times. Appropriate personal protective equipment (i.e. safety glasses, ear plugs, steel-toed boots, and others) must be worn at all times where required.
- It is very important that the incumbent of this position is able to work and communicate with prudence, while effectively managing time, completing tasks, and working safely.
- Able to occasionally lift items
- Overtime as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Post Secondary Education in an appropriate field or a combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of QA methodologies preferred.
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans.
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- Set up training program for new inspectors.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Able to interface directly with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage change on the floor and work well with shift supervisors
- Ability to review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents.
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and quality audits.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite preferred
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Clear and concise communication ability
- Reports to: QA-QC Manager
- This is not an all-inclusive list. Other tasks may be added at any time.
Please visit our website to apply. https://www.silent-aire.com/careers/
At it's root Silent-Aire engineered and manufactured custom HVAC solutions for institutions; hospitals, schools, and recreational complexes. The company grew into larger industrial HVAC deployments for mining and energy companies. In early 2000 Dan and Lindsey graduated from University of Alberta with Civil and Mechanical Engineering degrees and took on the leadership and strategic direction of Silent-Aire. We continued to grow organically and acquired a new manufacturing facility in Edmonton that was the catalyst to expanding into the data center mission critical HVAC business.
In 2012 Silent-Aire built a second 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Edmonton that included 4 assembly lines and new office space for our engineering and operations. In 2014, for additional capacity and redundancy, a 3rd manufacturing facility was built in Phoenix, Arizona that mirrored the Edmonton facility. Today, we are focused on continuing to grow our industrial, institutional HVAC and mission critical data center business.
The majority of our growth over the past 10 years has come from our data center customers that require mission critical infrastructure for their ever expanding clouds. As a result, we have taken a relentless focus on operations, quality and safety that includes attaining ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 14001 Environment, OHSAS 18001- safety.
Quality Assurance Quality Control Manager - BIG Growth Opportunity
OPPORTUNITY PRESENTATION Quality Assurance / Quality Control Manager Columbia, SC COMPANY PROFILE: US corporation founded in 1905 employing 2600 people throughout the United states, with just under 150 persons at the Columbia, SC facility. This is an expanding, growing company. Manufacturer of OEM Industrial Pipes WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU: * Group Health program through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Dental Insurance via MetLife * 401k with matching and a Flexible Spending Plan
Group Life / AD&D / LTD / Voluntary Life / Voluntary STD * Holidays and Paid Vacation time
Annual Bonus program
Longevity of employees
Friendly atmosphere with special employee events (Monthly Birthday celebrations, Cook outs) THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY: The QM reports to the division technical management and has 5-10 direct reports.
Initial assignment will be to review and rebuild the plant Quality Program, including pursuing and obtaining ISO certification.
Continue to ensure implementation and administration of the Company Quality System
Initiate and participate in Quality Planning for the products and processes at the plant
Plan and manage the training, utilization, and application of basic and advanced statistical methods
Establish, monitor, analyze, and report on the major quality indicators of the plant
Audit the plant quality systems processes and products. Initiate corrective action when required
Be a driver of continuous improvement for plant processes, equipment, and training.
Maintain required industrial standards be responsible for ensuring the Quality Management System (QMS) conforms to customer, internal, ISO, and regulatory / legal requirements
Able to work with all areas including production, fabrication, weld, coatings, and any other area that has an effect on the quality of the products BACKGROUND PROFILE: * Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-yr college or university in Mechanical or Civil Engineering, Mechanical or Civil Engineering Technology, Welding, Materials Engineering, or Metrology. (or 4-yr degree from an accredited college or university, with strong background in heavy industrial manufacturing, welding, heavy equipment.) * At least 5-yrs experience in a Quality manager role
Experience in developing and implementing a full Quality program in manufacturing
Experience in leading a manufacturing plant to ISO Certification
- Enhanced Data Analysis
SPC, Capability Studies, First Article Inspections, Data Verification, and GD&T * Proven success in mentoring / training and motivating staff
Should come from a heavy fabrication environment
Familiar with steel conversion processes
Familiar with Coating processes (polyurethane and 2-part epoxy are utilized-specific knowledge here is a plus) * Familiar with AWSME Section IX and AWS D1.1 * Familiar with visual weld inspections, magnetic particle inspections, and x-ray inspections
Must have MS EXCEL, WORD, and PowerPoint * JD Edwards / Oracle a plus – The QM will be part of the team to harness this systems resources for quality reporting, tracking, etc.
Must have a Continuous Improvement mindset, be the type of person who looks for solutions and ways to improve operations and processes.
Ability to work with multiple groups – maintenance, other engineers, floor operations, management
Possession of recognized qualification in related field: ASQ certification – CQT. CQI, CMI, or CQE strongly preferred This is a growth role. Whatever is developed for the Columbia Plant will be transferred to additional locations – it is the hope that this person will move into a division level Quality Manager. Company Description The Cameron Craig Group is an executive search firm representing job openings in virtually every industry and job function across the country. We combine the efforts of over 1200 recruiters throughout the US. Together, we represent thousands of job openings and enter dozens of new jobs per day. When you apply online, your information will forward to the recruiters handling those jobs. If you are a close match, they will contact you to discuss the positions and employers in detail and then work hard to get you interviews ASAP. All the best in your search!
Quality Engineer For Supplier Quality Assurance
Necessary for successful performance in this role:
Quality Assurance/Quality Control in the Manufacturing Field
Ideally, experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE)
Solutions oriented with problem solving ability
Excellent communication skills (verbal, written)
Skilled in database usage and creating Excel spreadsheets
SAP knowledge helpful
Additional information regarding our ideal candidate for this position:
We want an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) to visit supplier sites. Our ideal candidate believes in striving for excellence and will contribute her or his knowledge and great work ethic to our eager team. If you can personally identify with that statement and you want to be part of an exciting company, please consider this opportunity.
Your oversight will encompass the life cycle of items and item components in the manufacture of company products that are compliant with safety standards and customer specifications.
You will provide technical and administrative direction and surveillance to identify and document item characteristics, control and document configuration changes, record and report the status of proposed changes, and audit configuration items to verify conformance to specifications, drawings, interface control documents, and other contractual requirements.
You can expect to have input into the Configuration Management planning, implementation, execution, and final delivery of product in relation to all projects.
Typical responsibilities are to include and not be limited to the following:
Travel to supplier sites to preform inspections
Evaluate information collected from processes and perform statistical analysis
Monitor hardware and software configurations for multiple projects with ongoing reporting to Quality Assurance, Engineering, Suppliers, and the end user (Customer)
Monitor and record the Test and Inspection Process
Document and track changes
Create, publish and update status reports including monthly report on Subcontractor/Supplier Performance to include weak points, strong points, and areas needing improvement and areas where performance has exceeded expectations
Follow up for improvement and closure
Please note: if indicated by your resume, we'll contact you for the purpose of scheduling an initial telephone interview to communicate additional details.
Thanks for your attention, we're looking forward to speaking with you!
Quality Technician - Quality Assurance Lead - Quality Inspector
The Freeport Office of Hughes Resources is seeking a Quality Technicians, Quality Inspectors and those with experience in a QA Department who can perform final line inspection before machines leave the factory. We are looking for someone who...
-is detail oriented and focused
-can process methods for inspection, testing and evaluation
-can maintain and follow ISO 9001 procedures
-is able to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement and analytical equipment facilities.
-has 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combo of education and experience
-knows how to plan and accomplish goals
-possesses a strong Mechanical Aptitude and understands basic mechanics
-has the ability to read, analyze, and interpret gen'l business quality practices and the ability to write reports
-is able to define probs, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
Quality Assurance Manager - Quality / Precision Metals/Project Management / Leadership/Iso/As9100
Quality Assurance Manager needed for key role reporting directly in to the CEO for a great organization in the north shore of Massachusetts. The Quality Assurance Manager will participate in advanced quality planning throughout the organization to develop and maintain systems related to quality assurance and regulatory compliance.
BS & minimum 8 years’ experience related in quality and manufacturing as well as strong working knowledge of diverse customer quality requirements, specifications in the military and defense, aerospace, medical and commercial industries. If you have the strong desire to be an awesome leader, look no further. Apply now Responsibilities for the
Quality Assurance / Quality Control Technicians
Performs non-destructive testing on products using fluorescent penetrant inspection as required to conform to customer and/or national standards, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Performs inspection procedures following customers’ specifications.
- Determines acceptability of product based on results of testing.
- Interprets results, and determines probable cause of defects.
- Performs daily system checks.
- Documents and publishes results of any testing.
- Inspects using various gauges and tools.
- Recording of data using manual or SPC methods.
- Additional duties as requested by management.
- Must be able to work well independently under pressure
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Salary commensurate with experience
Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager
Construction Management/General Contracting firm seeks experienced team member with capabilities in all aspects of commercial construction including Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily monitoring and surveillance of all subcontractors and suppliers
- Verify submittals are compliant with contract documents
- Establish and maintain efficient document control system in accordance with reporting and record requirements
- Record quality control daily reports, coordinate changes, and ensure any non-conforming work is corrected in a timely manner.
- Implement proper inspection procedures through Preparatory, Initial, and Follow-Up Inspections
- Verify compliance and inspections through appropriate testing
Candidate should possess several years of experience in Quality Control Management. Experience with government contracting desired.
Candidate must be willing and able to reside near job sites. Accommodations can be arranged.
Candidates should also possess the following qualifications:
* Team oriented
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Technology proficiency (working knowledge of Microsoft and Adobe Acrobat software programs)
* Substantial construction experience (thorough understanding of "how things go together")
Candidate ideally (but not mandatory) would have the following experiences:
* Pre-Engineered Metal Building construction
* * Primavera scheduling
Please email resume for consideration.
Quality Assurance Quality Control Manager - BIG Growth Opportunity
OPPORTUNITY PRESENTATION Quality Assurance / Quality Control Manager Columbia, SC COMPANY PROFILE: US corporation founded in 1905 employing 2600 people throughout the United states, with just under 150 persons at the Columbia, SC facility.
This is an expanding, growing company. Manufacturer of OEM Industrial Pipes WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU: Group Health program through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Dental Insurance via MetLife 401k with matching and a Flexible Spending Plan Group Life / AD&D / LTD / Voluntary Life / Voluntary STD Holidays and Paid Vacation time Annual Bonus program Longevity of employees Friendly atmosphere with special employee events (Monthly
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!