Quality Control Job Description Sample
Quality Assurance Quality Control (Qa-Qc) Technician
As a privately held family enterprise, Silent-Aire has been designing and manufacturing Custom HVAC and CRAC systems for over 20 years. We specialize in the Healthcare, Industrial and Data Center markets.
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for direct examination of product to ensure that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. Requiring a high level of attention to detail, the Quality Control Technician is responsible for strictly adhering to the organization's quality assurance policies, and identifying defects and or production errors in order to prevent these materials from entering the supply chain. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Work schedule includes First shift M-Th 5a-330p Second shift M-Th 3:00p-1:30am Weekend/Part-time available also.
- Inspect production material as assigned for defects as trained.
- Remove defective items from production, designating reason for removal.
- Report defects to the appropriate manager.
- Perform internal QA audits that are compliant with corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of QA monitoring programs, including audits, controls, and other qualifiers.
- Comply with Company QA programs for monitoring supplier quality, including audits, controls, and other qualifiers.
- Support new product development and continuous improvement and by integrating quality control tools (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) into processes.
- Promote and advocate quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Maintain QA control documentation
- This position requires shop work. When working in the shop, one must exercise caution as this environment presents many naturally-occurring and potentially worker-produced hazards including small or large projectiles, contamination with toxic gasses/liquids, impalement, crushing, electrocution, explosion, immolation, decapitation and asphyxiation. Safety policies must be adhered to at all times. Appropriate personal protective equipment (i.e. safety glasses, ear plugs, steel-toed boots, and others) must be worn at all times where required.
- It is very important that the incumbent of this position is able to work and communicate with prudence, while effectively managing time, completing tasks, and working safely.
- Able to occasionally lift items
- Overtime as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Post Secondary Education in an appropriate field or a combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of QA methodologies preferred.
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans.
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- Set up training program for new inspectors.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Able to interface directly with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage change on the floor and work well with shift supervisors
- Ability to review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents.
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and quality audits.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite preferred
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Clear and concise communication ability
- Reports to: QA-QC Manager
- This is not an all-inclusive list. Other tasks may be added at any time.
Please visit our website to apply. https://www.silent-aire.com/careers/
At it's root Silent-Aire engineered and manufactured custom HVAC solutions for institutions; hospitals, schools, and recreational complexes. The company grew into larger industrial HVAC deployments for mining and energy companies. In early 2000 Dan and Lindsey graduated from University of Alberta with Civil and Mechanical Engineering degrees and took on the leadership and strategic direction of Silent-Aire. We continued to grow organically and acquired a new manufacturing facility in Edmonton that was the catalyst to expanding into the data center mission critical HVAC business.
In 2012 Silent-Aire built a second 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Edmonton that included 4 assembly lines and new office space for our engineering and operations. In 2014, for additional capacity and redundancy, a 3rd manufacturing facility was built in Phoenix, Arizona that mirrored the Edmonton facility. Today, we are focused on continuing to grow our industrial, institutional HVAC and mission critical data center business.
The majority of our growth over the past 10 years has come from our data center customers that require mission critical infrastructure for their ever expanding clouds. As a result, we have taken a relentless focus on operations, quality and safety that includes attaining ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 14001 Environment, OHSAS 18001- safety.
Quality Assurance/ Quality Control
The position plays an important role in electrical equipment and instrument installation, hook-up, testing, mechanical/electrical completion and pre-commissioning. The person must be knowledgeable in E&I design for chemical storage facilities and extensive experience in field installation, hook-up, FAT/SAT of E&I, control systems and preparing the systems through mechanical completion and pre-commissioning. The position is responsible for monitoring/supervising Contractor’s and assuring the work is being executed in compliance with the applicable codes and standards, technical requirements of the project.
• To conduct inspection of all ongoing activities for electrical installations.
• To conduct inspections for all electrical material deliveries.
• To submit inspection requests in coordination with concerned site/project engineers.
• Prepare daily QA/QC report regarding inspections, material, Non-conformances etc.
• Prepare weekly surveillance reports, non-conformance reports and verification of corrective actions.
• Check the drawings and documents used at site for approvals and compliance with project requirements.
• Ensure that all works are carried out as per the approved method statements and drawings.
• Ensure that all equipment used are calibrated and with valid certificates.
• Assist / coordinate the preparation of the final handing over documents such as QCQA documents, testing and commissioning reports etc.
• Preparation of testing and commissioning method statements in coordination with vendors, General Contractor representative's and project owner
• Review project specifications and work procedures to ensure contractor’s inspection, testing and procedural comply and aligned with Client’s requirements
• Perform quality audit and to verify work activities are in accordance with the approved Project Quality Plan
• Regular review and update on status of quality issues
• Attend to Witness and Hold point inspections of approved Inspection & Test Plans
• Attend to witness system FAT in supplier shop and SAT during pre-commissioning
• Report non-conformities and disposition follow-up on corrective actions
• Monitor and surveillance of cables and cable tray routing, installation and terminations to junction boxes and panels are compliant with the applicable codes and standards
• Monitor and verify through surveillance of contractor work in electrical and instrument equipment installation, hook-up, loop checking and functional testing are compliant with the technical requirements for the project.
• Monitor to ensure Contractor’s documentation is compiled progressively as required
• Daily surveillance reporting and submission of weekly report of Contractor’s work.
• Technical advice for contractors to confirm resolution of quality/construction related requirements
• Good understanding in design of safety instrumented system and control system for chemical storage facility
• Minimum 10-years of electrical instrumentation construction / projects and relevant QC experience
• Conversant in Codes and Standards (API, ASME, ASTM, IEC, NFPA, NEC, ISA, etc.)
• Fluent in English, verbal and written
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Ability to read and understand Blueprints
• Well organized, with a strong emphasis on attention to details
The compensation for this position is based on prior experience plus full benefits (401(k), health insurance, dental insurance, and life insurance). A typical workweek could entail 40 to 70 hours worth of work.
Quality Assirance / Quality Control
This position ensures that the work produced by welders meets specifications for quality, safety, and deadline specifications.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable industry standards.
2. Manages all company welding procedures and welder qualification records.
3. Develop and qualify welding procedure specifications per project specifications
4. Works closely with engineering, fabrication and erection to determine constructability and best practices.
5. Develop and implement measures to assure quality control and quality assurance.
6. Provide welding education and training in various welding processes and applications.
7. Ensure all welding related tasks that are being done are as per safety regulations and set standards.
1. Technical Capacity.
2. Organizational Skills.
3. Strategic Thinking.
4. Problem Solving/Analysis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and general hours of work and days are Monday through Thursday, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED
Advanced knowledge of the welding procedures and processes.
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or 10 years of experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
none required for this position.
EOE/AA - M/F/Vet/Disability
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Quality Assurance / Quality Control
Quality Assurance / Quality Control
Want a career not a job? Want to have duties and responsibilities that matter? Want to be part of a growing company?
MQC is looking for a candidate that has calibration experience that can step into a Quality Assurance / Quality Control position. This candidate will review calibration certificates, review and monitor production of the different labs and make sure all quality accreditation / certifications are being met.
The ideal candidate will have significant calibration experience .
Labs / Disciplines:
Accelerometer / RF / Electrical / Temperature / Humidity / Pressure / Torque / Gas & Liquid Flow / Hand Tool Calibration / Physical Dimensional
All calibration to be performed in accordance with NIST traceable standards. Micro Quality Calibration is accredited by A2LA to ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 9001, 9002 and ANSI/NCSL Z540.3-2006.
MQC offers comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental, vision plan and 401k with match.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Ensure Calibration Certificates are accurate and correct .
• Ensure Calibration Technician utilizes appropriate manual / procedures.
• Ensure all secondary and working calibration standards are maintained and calibrated timely
• Ensure laboratory is complying / exceeding all quality requirements bestowed by ISO 17025, ANSI/NCSL, etc.
All calibration is to be performed in accordance with NIST traceable standards. Micro Quality Calibration is accredited by A2LA to ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 9001, 9002 and ANSI/NCSL Z540.3-2006.
Qualified Technician candidates will meet the following requirements:
• Military PMEL / TMDE / DOD training preferred or 3 years of equivalent training is a plus
• Experience in Calibration Laboratory is a plus
• Experience working under ISO 17025 Quality Assurance preferred
• Work well independently and as a team
• U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident Status required
• Must have a valid driver's license in state of residence and a clean driving record
Micro Quality Calibration was founded in 1978 and is an A2LA ISO/IEC 17025-2005 Accredited Metrology laboratory specializing in calibration, repair, testing, First Article inspection and sales (162 lines) of precision measurement and test instruments (In-house, On-site and Mobile Calibration Laboratory). MQC continues to be on the forefront of the Metrology industry in capabilities / disciplines offered to its customers.
Our customer base includes the small business owner to the giants of Aerospace, Defense, Medical, Electrical, Automotive, and Communications Industries. If you are motivated and enjoy working within a challenging work environment than this is the job for you.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of reference checks, pre-employment drug screen and clean 7 year criminal background check. Some positions require verification of a clean driving record and a valid driver’s license.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Email cover sheet and resume to email@example.com.
Quality Control Inspector
The duties are as follows:
· Perform dimensional inspections of machined or fabricated parts using both hand inspection tools and portable coordinate measuring machines (Faro Arm).
· Accurately record all test data and complete test reports prior to shipments.
· Prepare inspection/test reports and maintain the QA/QC files related to assignment.
· Perform first piece, in-process and finished parts, production assemblies and sub-assemblies for conformance to quality assurance and drawing standards.
· Follow verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, traveler, work instruction, process specifications, sketches, and directions of supervisor in completing a variety of inspection tasks.
· Create and validate all characteristics from detail part and or drawings including flow down requirements from specification
· Develop customer data collection packages
· Generate Nonconformance reports as needed
· Participates and supports maintaining our ISO Quality System and ASME code certification
· Experience in metal fabrication / Welding
· Ability to read and interpret machining and fabrication drawings, including a thorough understanding of Geometric Tolerancing as outlined by ANSI Y14.5.
· Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work one on one and in a team environment
· Demonstrated problem solving skills
· Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Experience with statistical software and ERP system is a plus
· Knowledge of relevant codes/standards is a plus: ASME sections VIII, IX
· Working knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing
· Experience working in an ISO-9000 environment
MUST HAVE CMM EXPERIENCE
The hours are:
The pay is up to $25.00 an hour
Sr Associate Quality Control AFP
- Provide general support to the System Owners
- Work daily in Maximo generating and processing work orders
- Interact often with vendors while maintaining functional stability of equipment by troubleshooting issue with analysts
- Be the primary contact for Kanban (replenishment of lab supplies).
- This includes ordering materials and performing daily walkthroughs
- Interact often with lab staff to assess needs (Kanban and equipment)
- Contacting vendors to perform maintenance, and reviewing service reports from the vendor
- Lead point of contact for submitting and managing purchase order requests
- Keep track of various ongoing activities and track to completion
- Project Management and change control experience skill set (desired, but not required)
- Great customer service skill set and organization skills in dealing with internal and external clients
- Experience with Maximo or other Preventative Maintenance/Corrective Maintenance (PM/CM) System
- Experience with Kanban or similar process for reordering supplies when critical stock levels are reached
Servicing Quality Control Analyst II
The Servicing Quality Control Analyst II is responsible for conducting monthly audits, as outlined in EverBank's Quality Control Plan. Review defects noted monthly to determine root cause, and downstream effects and partner with the applicable business partner to develop a comprehensive and affective management action plans. Stays abreast of new regulatory, and mortgage products to ensure the banks quality control plan and policies and procedures are updated accordingly.
- Ensures audits assigned are completed within the required timeframe, and monthly competency testing, supports a 98% accuracy rate.
- Ensures sample populations are not jeopardized, and reviews are conducted in the banks designated Quality Control software.
- Provide guidance and serve as a mentor to less experienced Servicing QC Analysts.
- Maintain lines of communication with servicing supervisors/managers to stay informed of procedural and staff adjustments
- Identify opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the department policies and procedures
- Helps develop comprehensive and affective management action plans with the applicable business manager.
- Make recommendation, to enhance quality throughout the bank.
- Special Projects as defined by the Quality Control Senior Manager
- Ensure that records retained in accordance with regulatory and internal record retention requirements.
- Arrange necessary cross departmental training in the event procedures and/or processes are changed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to change and grow in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to promote a partnership approach.
- Ability to review and communicate Quality Control results pertaining to regulatory, investor, agency and corporate policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Detail oriented with good analytical skills and experience.
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written.
- Works well independently and within a team dynamic.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Creative problem resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills needed in this multi-tasking position
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years mortgage servicing experience in three or more areas
- College degree preferred
- At least 3 years of Loss mitigation and/or Foreclosure experience required
- Compliance back ground a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Screening May Include:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- DMV Check
- Past Employment Verification
- Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
The future of banking just got a lot brighter for individuals, businesses and institutions across the country, as EverBank is now a proud part of the TIAA family. In addition to jobs at EverBank, search our careers at TIAA too:
EverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No associate or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.
Location: FL - Jacksonville
Activation Date: Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 17, 2018
Electrician, Retailers, Quality Control Technicians
Dailey Precast will be hosting a Job Fair.
- FINISHERS- Pour, float, and provide a smooth troweled finish
- PRODUCTION CREW MEMBERS- with the ability to lift on freshly poured concrete up to 60Ibs., climb up and down from the molds, move and tie rebar
- RETAILERS- Strip and detail the concrete pieces before going and perform other physically intensive tasks to storage as efficiently as possible while prioritizing the safety of the
- EQUIPMENT OPERATOR/YARD CREW- familiar operations and maintaining the quality of the pieces
- QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIANS- with fork truck operation and other heavy equipment operations Ensure our products meet customers' expectations and are
- WELDER/FABRICATOR- Welding Experienced along with consistent with Federal, State and local specifications Fabrication experience needed
- VERMONT LICENSED MASTER ELECTRICIAN- for the Precast facility
We want you to come to our Job Fair And See What Dailey Precast can offer.
Dailey Precast, Llc An Affiliate Of Peckham Industries, Inc.
Quality Control Manager
Quality Department Lead
Connecticut Tool and Manufacturing is a recognized leader in the manufacturing of high quality, complex components for the Aerospace Industry. We are currently in need of a
Quality Control Manager
Responsible for the inspection of all products and raw materials, under the direction of the Quality Control Manager. Works independently and provide assistance to less skilled inspectors. Manages and Develops Quality Personnel to fit company specific needs.
Major Responsibilities & Activities:
- Responsible for staffing production departments with Quality Personnel.
- Works with Business Unit Managers to prioritize work for hourly Inspectors.
- Provides leadership to the Quality Department and trains and assists lesser skilled inspectors.
- Provides training and development for Quality Department Personnel.
- Insures inspection coverage for production needs of both shifts and clocking accuracies by inspectors.
- Observes all Company policies, rules, and regulations including good housekeeping, safety and security.
- Arrange to inspect products using various inspection gages, coordinate measuring machine (CMM), scales, and visual inspection prior to product shipment.
- Assist with developing CMM programs for inspection of complex hardware.
- Insure variable data collection as required and completion of inspection records.
- Reconcile final inspection documentation for shipments.
- Interact with Government and Customer Source Inspection Representatives.
- Assists with verifying dimensional compliance of all products with drawing and customer requirements.
- Rejects, identifies and segregates defective parts.
- Interprets engineering drawings and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Responsible for real time reporting of priority initiatives.
- Ability to develop, modify and follow up on documented procedures, work instructions and customer required records.
- Participate in Quality Clinic meetings.
- B.S.M.E or equivalent preferred.
- 5 years of experience in Quality Control function in a commercial or Aerospace environment.
- Supervisory experience recommended.
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions in English.
- Must be able to understand and interpret customer drawings and engineering sketches.
- Must have demonstrated mechanical ability.
- Proficiency in Microsoft WORD and EXCEL.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to follow documented procedures, work instructions and customer required records.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently with little oversight.
Quality Control Technician
We are seeking a QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN to join our team! You will conduct tests to determine the quality of materials and finished products as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supports production processes; maintains a presence on the floor and being accessible to production staff when questions arise.
- Performs quality checks of raw, work in process, and finish product through inspection and visual checks of packaging.
- Performs pre-op inspections and swabs as necessary.
- Performs daily GMP audits in production and the warehouse.
- Collects and logs production/processing samples.
- Ensures all non-conforming products are placed on hold and fully documented.
- Investigates customer complaints as directed.
- Assists QA Lead/Supervisor/Manager with other projects as needed.
- Perform thorough examinations of all materials and finished products
- Conduct and report internal audits and evaluations
- Implement and improve quality control operating procedures
- Identify and troubleshoot equipment problems and defects
- Participate in routine visual inspections
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor level degree preferred or equivalent in science related field or related work experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a food manufacturing environment; knowledgeable and experienced in general food safety programs and policies - includes government regulations, FDA, USDA, AIB, HACCP, GMP, and Allergen Programs.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative, sense of urgency, and flexibility; assertive when necessary; able to work with minimum supervision.
- Understanding of metal detection regulations a plus.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Works, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Read, write, and speak English; ability to receive and provide clear instructions.
- Preferred but not required - experience in micro and sanitation, lab food testing, GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative), Kosher and Organic requirements and functional in the use of a second language.
- Work in a production area with fast moving equipment, moderate to high noise levels and temperature changes; work in laboratory environment with instruments and chemicals; be on feet for entire shift.
- Previous work experience in quality control or other related fields
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Compliance to GMP, Food Safety, Food Defense and Food Quality regulations as required by the company, customers and/or government legislation, including timely communication to appropriate facility management of any non-conformity issues or violations found.
- Compliance to all employee job safety requirements and regulations as required by company policies, including timely communication to appropriate facility management of any non-conformity issues or violations found.
Torn & Glasser offers competitive benefits including health insurance for full-time employees. For immediate consideration, please apply with your salary history.
It is the policy of Torn & Glasser not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Torn & Glasser believes that each employee contributes directly to our growth and success, and we hope you take pride in being a member of our team. We are interested in your success as an individual, and encourage communication through our open door policy; our supervisors and managers want to hear your suggestions and concerns. We hope that you find the opportunities available here exciting and we look forward to a mutually beneficial and productive relationship.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!