Rehabilitation Aide Job Description Sample
Rehabilitation Service Aide
We are seeking Rehabilitation Service Aides (RSA) to join our team! You will assist in providing recovery-oriented, Consumer-centered rehabilitation services.
- Assist with Consumer ADL
- Assist with activities and group therapoies
- Previous experience in mental health counseling or other related fields
- Familiarity with community mental health resources
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- CPI training a plus.
- Must possess a Certified Nurse Assistant certification and/or five (5) years of mental health clinical experience
Transportation Aide - Skyline Nursing And Rehabilitation Center
Facility NameSkyline Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Position StatusFT (Full Time)
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care and Skilled Nursing health care providers at our dynamic facility located in Floyd, Virginia.
As one of America’s top leading providers of medical services and rehabilitation for elderly patients in communities across the nation, Consulate Health Care provides the highest standard of services for short-term and long-term care needs. Our professionals impact our organization, our clients, and their families in a variety of constructive ways, every day. Even as we’ve grown to become the sixth-largest provider in the nation and the largest in the Sunshine State, it’s the little things we do while fulfilling our mission statement of “Providing Service with Our Hearts and Hands” that really make the difference. A position with Consulate Health Care means more than just a paycheck. We believe in creating a positive environment that reinforces your efforts to succeed and supports your long-term career development. We offer the opportunity to work with large corporation, but with the benefit of a small company feel!
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of the Transportation Aide is to drive facility vehicle to transport residents, staff and volunteers to desired destinations. Provides assistance/escort for residents to and from rehabilitation treatments. As a Consulate Health Care Transportation Aide you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
- Review daily rehabilitation schedule and be available, as indicated.
- Provide minimal assist of residents transferring to and from wheelchairs.
- Assist nursing and rehabilitation personnel with transfers to and from vehicle.
- Transport residents to and from rehabilitation area for scheduled appointments.
- Operate elevators, as needed.
- Inform nursing and rehabilitation staff of any incidents/problems.
- Maintain positive, professional interaction with residents and staff.
- Attend in-service training sessions, as required.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Embrace the Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect and passion, and incorporate them into daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interactions with co-workers, residents, families and visitors.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must posses a CNA/Certified Nurses Aide certification
- Valid, unencumbered state driver’s license. Chauffeur’s driver’s license preferred.
- Transportation/LTC experience preferred. Must have the physical ability to transfer residents and propel wheelchairs.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients
Outpatient Rehabilitation Aide
POSITION: Rehabilitation Aide RESPONSIBLE TO:
Occupational and Physical Therapist JOB SUMMARY: Assists the occupational and physical therapist by preparing treatment areas, greets and welcomes patients, performs provision of patient care under the direct supervision of a therapist, maintains inventory of supplies, schedules patients and performs clerical duties. ____________________________________________________________ EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or equivalent QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: Clerical and/or clinical experience preferred Strong organizational skills Strong communication skills both written and verbal Able to demonstrate compassion towards patients Excellent motivational skills and ability to effectively instruct Spanish proficiency is a plus Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
Rehabilitation technician needed for growing residential traumatic brain injury program.
You will be part of a team providing compassionate, quality care and programming.
We need highly motivated people that want to encourage our residents to be independent and assist the clients with daily ADLs, medication administration and provide transportation.We are supportive of staff and encourage staff to be creative and grow with the ability to advance in the company.
Very competitive hourly wage depending on experience and certifications.
Provide quality programming and services to clients under the direction of the Rehabilitation team
Assist clients with activities of daily living and encourage appropriate self-care
Accurately report and record significant observations and services provided
Transport clients as required
Perform other duties as assigned including willingness to work flexible hours as needed Participate and encourage residents to participate in activities and community outings.
CNA and/or CBIS preferred
A minimum of 2 years experience in the direct care of TBI patients preferred
One year of college course credit in health sciences or related field preferred
Must be at least 18 years of age
High school graduate
Current Michigan driver's license and reliable insured transportation
Must possess ability to pass required drug screen and background check
Current CPR and First Aide Certification Required Current negative TB skin test
Must have excellent communication skills; be able to read, write and be fluent in English language
Must work effectively in a team approach
Must have good verbal and writing skills, computer skills and excellent interpersonal skills
Must establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, families, and administration.
Must be willing to work flexible schedule
Must be able to work holidays and weekends
Must be able to complete simple budgeting skills
Must be able to lift and move up to 40 lbs. without restrictions.
Must have a good driving record.
Housekeeping And Laundry Aides - The Courtyard Rehabilitation
We are looking for Housekeeping and Laundry aides for all Shifts - part time and prn
WE ARE HIRING NOW !
The Courtyard Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center in Victoria, Texas is back and better than ever ! With new renovations and local flavor, this facility is the best in Victoria for you to make your forever career home !
Our patients receive great care thanks to our incredible work environment; come be a part of our team! we focus.On a daily basis, we focus on living out our Culture:
Our Core Values are:
Passion for Learning
Love One Another
Intelligent Risk Taking
This is what makes us unique!
The Housekeeper / Laundry aide are responsible for performing the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, and/or the Director of Housekeeping, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of housekeeping areas, must perform regular inspections of resident rooms/units for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
Must be willing to work harmoniously with other personnel as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
The Courtyard Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center 3401 E Airline Rd, Victoria, TX 77901
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Back to Jobs SDL2017
Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation - Nurse Practitioner / Physician
- Guthrie is seeking a motivated Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to practice within our growing Physiatry team!
- This provider will be primarily be responsible for seeing back pain patients within the Spine Clinic, working alongside the Neurosurgery team, Rehabilitiation Services along with Interventional Pain Management.
Director Of Rehabilitation / DOR
Is company culture important to you? At Therapy Specialists, our culture is the driving force behind employee happiness and success!
As a Director of Rehab / DOR at Woodlands Healthcare Center, you play a vital role in the physical and psychological health of our patients and greater health care community. When you join our team, we provide you with the Clinical and Leadership Support you need to be the best DOR possible. As a leader in the Therapy industry, we understand that culture is the single most important aspect of employee happiness and success within an organization. When we look to hire an employee, we look beyond just the skills and experience, we truly dive into how candidates mesh with our culture and the opportunity for which they are applying. If you value company culture and working with people who truly care about what they do, Therapy Specialists is the right fit for you!
This newly remodeled facility located in the gorgeous upscale area of Los Gatos, CA, and will have you happy you decided to work in the area. Ranked as a 4-star facility, The Woodlands Healthcare Center is top choice for many prominent physicians and surgeons in the area. With 65 Medicare and Medi-Cal certified beds, and a state of the art gym for residents and therapists, this is an excellent place to work while positively impacting the lives of others.
- Current CA license in good standing
- Current CPR certification
- Geriatric experience preferred
- Experience and knowledge with Medicare Billing (PPS) and Part B billing
- Knowledge and experience utilizing therapy assessment tools (i.e. Tinetti, Berg, Slums, etc.)
- Proficiency using computers and EMR software
- Goals-driven, responsible professional with ability to adapt to organizational needs
Why Therapy Specialists?
Founded in 1976 by Susan J. Harris, OTR, a nationally respected pioneer in rehab services, Therapy Specialists is San Diego’s largest independent therapy provider - providing comprehensive rehabilitation programs and consulting services to skilled nursing facilities, independent and assisted living communities, memory care facilities, adult day health and outpatient settings throughout California.
- 96% staff retention rate
- Highly competitive pay rates
- 401(k) plan
- State-of-the-art equipment
- 5-Time Award Recipient of “Best Places to Work” (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- Monthly awards for associates in recognition of their efforts in going ‘above and beyond’
- Unparalleled reputation for best practices that meet today’s healthcare challenges.
Therapy Specialists supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Therapy Specialists is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Disability / Vets Employer.
Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist
Under the immediate supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, the MHRS will assist the Clinical and Residential teams in providing care for Maryvale’s residential clients and their families as well as, coordinating services with the Department of Children and Family Services and Juvenile Probation. The MHRS is also responsible for collaborating with the treatment team in order to provide comprehensive case management services and documentation.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Collaborate with members of the multi-disciplinary treatment team for the delivery of a full spectrum case management services. Communicate with parents and other approved family members. Encourage and facilitate a family environment in parent education, weekly visits and other Maryvale events.
- Complete all Initial, 30-day and Quarterly Needs and Services Plans (NSPs) and Discharge Plans for DCFS clients in a timely manner.
- Function as an integral part of Maryvale’s collaborative Intake Team for the purpose of assisting with screening and admitting new clients.
- Function as a Facilitator of the client/family-driven CFT (Child and Family Team) planning process.
- Provide home/community-based case management and after care services, as needed.
- Provide DMH billable Targeted Case Management and Individual Rehabilitation services as appropriate and indicated to an assigned caseload of clients.
- Provide and bill for a minimum of 10 hours (per week) of direct client services.
- May attend Children’s, Probation or criminal court with or on behalf of residential clients.
- Schedule and attend all case conferences for clients weekly.
- Assist in coordination of services of the Chemical Dependency Program.
- Assist in notifying all external stakeholders of intakes, discharges and placement status.
- Act as liaison for research projects within the residential program which includes but is not limited to scheduling, collection of data and client monitoring.
- Facilitate transportation and visitation needs for clients and families being served at Maryvale.
- Attend IEP meetings as needed at various schools in order to promote and support academic progress as indicated.
- Interface with referral agencies such as Department of Children and Family Services, Juvenile Probation, and Department of Mental Health.
- Responsible for attending all required Maryvale weekly and monthly meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the clinical and residential treatment team.
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or a related field.
- Must communicate effectively through oral and written skills.
- One-year experience in a mental health setting.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook and 45 w.p.m accuracy.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The Associate is often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The Associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Associate may occasionally be required to drive a motor vehicle.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Rehabilitation Assistant/Direct Care Workers
The Rehabilitation Assistant is a key associate at Hope Network/New Passages whose primary responsibilities include: To provide medically necessary and appropriate personal care and community living supports to persons with developmental disabilities, persons with severe mental illness, and/or individuals with co-occurring diagnosis. The Rehabilitation Assistant provides suitable services with respect and dignity to all persons-served. The Rehabilitation Assistant has a high degree of personal integrity, generates positive energy, and makes a difference every day.
- meal preparation
- light housekeeping
- administered medication
- assist with activities of daily living
- assist with activities etc.
Maintained records of patient care, condition, progress, or problems. Provided patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, with dressing and grooming.
Cared for patients by changing bed linens, washing and ironing laundry, cleaning, or assisting with their personal care.
• 1. High School diploma or GED, preferred.
• 2. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
• 3. Ability to write and/or manipulate a computer keyboard.
• 4. Ability to hear and speak clearly.
1. Valid Michigan motor vehicle operator license.
Positions Open8: 4
Wage: $9.25 per hour
Residential treatment settings offer personal care and community living supports that accommodate up to six residents. Our direct care staff has the experience and training needed to provide care for individuals with mental illness and/or developmental disabilities. Care is structured so individuals can enter at any point in the spectrum and move throughout our programs as they become more independent and in control of their lives.
Rehabilitation Counselor - Full Time (Lodi/Hackensack)
Hackensack based nationwide legal consulting firm requires an Experienced Masters Level Rehabilitation Counselor to interview and evaluate physical, cognitive, and psychologically impaired persons for personal injury, social security, divorce, LTD, and workers compensation cases. Vocational evaluation, vocational testing, and job placement experience perferred, but recent graduate can be trained. Legal and Social Security Disability testifying experience a plus. Detail oriented, organized, well spoken person. Computer and Internet literate. This is a career position with an opportunity to earn in the top 1% of all Rehabilitation Counselors. May involve some travel. Medical benefits after 90 day probationary period. Send cover letter experience with salary requirements.
Please go to our website at www.oasinc.org for further company information.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!