River Rouge Job Description Sample
H&R Block, the world's leader in tax preparation services, is seeking talented, customer focused Receptionists to join our tax office teams. These are seasonal positions, where you will work a flexible, varied schedule between the months of January and April. If you do well, there are opportunities to work in subsequent seasons and also opportunities for advancement!
Apply today using any device at www.hrblock.com/careers > Tax Office Jobs
About the position…
Greet clients in a personalized, friendly, and inviting manner
Match clients with the best-suited tax professional for their needs
Schedule clients how they would like to be scheduled
Handle client exits by ensuring all current and future needs are met
Maintain office cleanliness and organization of resources with team members
Other duties as assigned
What you will bring to the team…
High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Previous experience in a customer service environment
It would be even better if you also had…
Sales and/or marketing experience
Previous experience in a customer service environment
Ability to multi-task
Strong organizational and time-management skills
Knowledge of cash registration operations is helpful
Knowledge and experience with a Windows based computer system preferred
About H&R Block…
The H&R Block purpose is simple. To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been true to that purpose since the beginning when brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded the company in 1955. Since that time, we've grown to have more than 12,000 company-owned and franchise retail locations around the world.
People are often surprised when they begin working at H&R Block. Our company is forward thinking and innovative. Our leadership is accessible. Our associates are welcoming and bring unique and diverse perspectives. We believe we are better together. We are also curious, creative and determined to be the best we can be. Now that is something to feel great about!
Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply!
1 Based on annual revenues for sales of tax preparation products and services.
H&R Block is an equal opportunity employer.
Manager, Audit Data Analytics & Processes
Leads a team of Audit data analytics and process improvement professionals. Develops and implements audit data analytic strategies, plans and procedures for core internal audit activities. Collaborates with the Internal Audit Management team to promote the use of data analytics to support the annual audit plan, continuous monitoring, auditing capabilities and support of fraud detection activities. Evaluates and enhances the audit risk assessment planning and execution processes, procedures, standards and policies. Ensures overall audit quality and consistency of audit work and adherence to internal and professional standards for audits and continuously looks for opportunities for audit process improvement.
- Supporting audit management and senior leadership in implementing and maintaining a comprehensive Audit Data Analytics strategy that is aligned with industry and company best practices. Assists audit leadership in the development of the annual global risk assessment and data enabled internal audit plan(s) and interacts with audit management on a regular basis to ensure knowledge of business strategies, objectives, and risks are appropriately considered by data analytics and to provide subject matter expertise on data analysis and visualization.
- Developing, implementing, and managing data strategies that optimize data quality to improve standardization and support continuous monitoring across diverse systems. Collaborates with audit teams and management to identify and deliver full population testing to improve assurance and achieve ACG objectives of continuous monitoring. Assists with audit reporting quality assurance reviews as needed.
- Providing data analytics to support the entire audit cycle, including risk assessment, planning, testing of controls, reporting and issue verification; develop and implement strategies, plans, and procedures that promote the use of data analytics in all core internal audit activities. Evaluates and implements advanced analytics methodology specific to particular project needs and steer analytics request in the most productive direction, leveraging internal resources and technologies.
- Facilitates implementation of data audit and visual analytics techniques, methods, and tools, including but not limited to Tableau, SQL, SAS, ACL / Arbutus, Microsoft Excel, TeamMate Analytics, etc. Uses data and data visualization to enhance the connection between the business units and audit; identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets and develop graphs, reports, and presentations of results.
- Assisting in defining, implementing, maintaining, and refining the department’s audit process as necessary, including standards and procedures; continually seeking opportunities for audit process improvement; engaging with audit leadership to identify means to measure the effectiveness of current operations, ensure adherence to business processes, procedures, and corporate guidelines, and implement enhancement to improve operations. Identifies operational risks and develops data analytic strategies to evaluate and improve control environments.
- Actively assisting in recruiting, screening, hiring, developing, and mentoring staff; providing guidance and training to team members and identifies opportunities to improve team performance and effectiveness, motivating and leading teams with diverse skills and backgrounds while facilitating an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment.
- Developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with management to better provide value-added services, establishing credibility as a management consultant and internal controls resource, and ensuring client satisfaction
- Direct supervision of a professional staff of data and process improvement analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or other quantitative/related field
- Relevant professional certification, i.e. PMP, CAP (Certified Analytics Professional), Six Sigma, or ability to obtain within one year of hire
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with data analytics, process engineering and standards development that included experience analyzing complex data to identify anomalies and provide usable information to internal and external customers
- 3+ years demonstrated ability to effectively lead/manage a team and develop staff
- Interacting with subject matter experts and all levels of management;
- Knowledge of project management practices
- Ability to develop process improvement and suggest efficiencies
- Ability to document process and tools, and transfer knowledge to team members
- Ability to operate with autonomy while leading and developing a data analytics and process improvement team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including preparation and presentation of reports for all levels of management, and demonstrated client focus / relationship skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, planning, and decision making skills with demonstrated ability to analyze, compile and interpret data. Ability to lead and direct, as well as perform, data analytic and process improvement projects, and interpret data including limitations in various solution techniques; keen attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate staff to meet individual and team goals and objectives; strong team leader and player
- Outstanding project and time management skills, including ability to manage several audits or projects simultaneously and achieve stated objectives within designated time frames
- Highly proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrates initiative to explore alternative approaches to project tasks, existing processes, and other project objectives
- Master’s degree in computer science, business, finance, information technology or a related field
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or equivalent technical designation or certification
- Financial Services / Insurance industry background
- Work experience in an information systems department
- Experience with data analytics software such as ACL or Arbutus, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Cloverleaf
- Knowledge of corporate and industry policies, internal audit practices and procedures
Enterprise IS Security Architect
- Experience securing and architecting cloud based infrastructures (e.g. MS Azure, Amazon AWS and Google)
- Experience in software-based networking technologies a plus
- Developing security architecture and security policies, principles and standards.
- Participating in an enterprise architecture (EA) community, and provides strategic security guidance during the EA process.
- Performing research, evaluations, and develop recommendations and plans for the implementation of new or updated information security technologies.
- Providing guidance for security activities in the system development life cycle (SDLC) and application development efforts. Participates in organizational projects, as required.
- Developing and maintaining documentation for security systems and procedures.
- Investigating and resolving security violations by providing postmortem analysis to illuminate the issues and possible solutions.
- Researching threats and vulnerabilities and, where appropriate, take action to mitigate threats and remediate vulnerabilities.
- Developing a common set of security tools
- Defining operational parameters and conducting reviews of tool output.
- Provides second- and third-level support and analysis during and after a security incident.
- Participating in security investigations and compliance reviews, as requested by internal or external auditors.
- Maintaining an awareness of existing and proposed security-standard-setting groups, state and federal legislation and regulations pertaining to information security. Identifies regulatory changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures, and recommends appropriate changes.
- Participation in design of web application security for ecommerce site(s).
- Securing, Architecting and Integrating Cloud based Infrastructures.
- Mainstream operating systems [for example, Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Linux] and a wide range of security technologies, such as network security appliances, identity and access management (IAM) systems, anti-malware solutions, automated policy compliance tools, and desktop security tools.
Working knowledge of:
- Network security technologies (e.g. SIEM, DLP, Firewalls, IDS, IPS, application proxies and routing and switching fundamentals
- Information security principles, including risk assessment and management, threat and vulnerability management, incident response, and identity and access management.
- Network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and the associated TCP/IP network protocols and concepts.
- Regulatory requirements such as PCI, FFIEC and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- Current systems' software, protocols and standard
- Cloud Infrastructures, (e.g. MS Azure, Amazon AWS and Google)
- Excellent presentation, persuasion, written and interpersonal skills to include procedure and technical material, report/proposal preparation and oral presentation.
- Contribute and collaborate as a lead member of a team
- Work under stress in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Work proactively and independently
Director Supply Chain Operations
Position Location: Dearborn, MI
Department: Supply Chain Operations
Reports To: Vice President Supply Chain Operations
Job Band: Executive
The Director Supply Chain Operations is a champion for the business units. This market-centric leader will collaborate cross-functionally to align the unique requirements of our diverse customer and consumer base with the end-to-end efforts of the Supply Chain. This position will be responsible for prescriptively allocating product within the Supply Chain to orchestrate the optimal balance of quality, service, and cost. As the main liaison to the business units, this individual is expected to maintain a detailed understanding of business requirements to ensure agility and effectiveness of service in a dynamic environment.
Responsible for managing and directing the activities of assigned personnel.
Drive Supply Chain operational efficiencies, excellence in quality, and cost effectiveness by prescriptively allocating product through either owned manufacturing, full package sourcing, or consignment production (CMT).
Liaise with the business units to understand the needs of each distribution channel and align the Supply Chain efforts accordingly.
Collaborate with owned manufacturing, full package sourcing, CMT, distribution, logistics, and quality to ensure the fulfillment of capacity and capability needs within a multi-horizon view of the business.
Engage with Finance & Accounting to drive buy vs. buy and make vs. buy analysis.
Report to the Vice President of Supply Chain Operations providing support in developing a comprehensive demand-driven supply chain strategy.
Develop and manage operating budget for the Supply Chain Operations cost center and ensures adherence.
Oversee the organizational development of all personnel assigned
Maintain a thorough working knowledge of industry related material and its application as it pertains to meeting corporate goals.
Bachelor's Degree Required
Master's Degree Preferred in Business Administration
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum of 10 years supply chain management experience
Minimum of 5 years' formal leadership experience and/or project management with a proven track record of developing and attracting talent is required
Thorough understanding of supply chain financial drivers
Bilingual skills preferred English and Spanish
Proven track record of providing excellent service to brands
Must possess strong interpersonal, facilitation, interviewing, and meeting skills
Excellent oral and written communications skills including presentation skills
Strong quantitative and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to solve complex challenges
Proficient understanding of SAP Materials to Inventory module, Excel, and PowerPoint
Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and remain organized
Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
Network Security Engineer
Position Location: Dearborn, MI
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Infrastructure Systems Manager
Job Band: Professional
This role has primary responsibility for network infrastructure security operations, including design, implementation, analysis and support. This role will be responsible for new and existing network security components, including firewalls, VPN concentrators, IDS/IPS appliances, remote network access, and associated management platforms. Additional responsibilities in partnership with the CyberSecurity team include validation and enforcement of network security standards, audit & compliance support, and incident response.
Full life cycle support and administration of the organization's network security appliances, both physical and virtual, including but not exclusive to firewalls, VPN concentrators, & IPS/IDS appliances.
Execution, validation and enforcement of the organization's Network Security and CyberSecurity policies in the form of firewall policy configurations, VPN creation, network access administration, and review of network device configurations such as routers, switches and wireless infrastructure
Assist in the design and implementation of I.T. projects from network security perspective
Cooperate with Cybersecurity team during audits, compliance activities and incident response
Participate in and potentially lead cross functional teams driving the development of solutions in support of new business and application expansion
Develop and generate conceptual, logical, and physical network security architectures, resulting documents and drawings, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure sound architecture
Evaluate cost analysis and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and measures feasibility of various approaches
Assist with the planning, design, and implementation of new Information Technology initiatives, working and collaborating with customers, vendors, and VARs to define requirements using Carhartt's BRD process, create RFI/RFPs, manage projects and communicate project status on the entire life-cycle of the project
Perform third level trouble-shooting and diagnosis for service restoration on all components within the infrastructure, including but not limited to VPNs, firewalls, IDS/IPS, and other network infrastructure
Maintain detailed documentation of systems, application configurations, and user profiles
Create task and procedure documentation, as well as communicate timely status on all relevant project information to appropriate personnel via incident tracking and project server (logging tasks and keeping all relevant information up-to-date)
Analyze problems and look for trends, always keeping management informed of problem areas
Bachelor's Degree Required in Computer Science or Related Field
Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Experience
5+ years of professional experience in a related field
Professional level of industry certification or higher, such as Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
Working knowledge and experience with TCP/IP networks from Layer 2 through Layer 7, from IP addressing and naming (DHCP, DNS, WINS, subnetting, VLAN) through security, along with related software tools for monitoring and management; Strong troubleshooting and technical diagnostic skills; Clearly isolates and defines problems, and takes steps to resolve them before they become larger and more critical; Makes quick, realistic, practical decisions in urgent situations
Extensive experience with Cisco ASA and next-gen firewalls and firewall configuration; understanding and familiarity with IPS devices and policy implementation; and Cisco Firepower administration experience
Experience with VPN and remote access configuration and support
Experience with Skybox Firewall Assurance or other firewall audit tools preferred
Experience with Cisco Prime, Solarwinds Orion, or other network management tools preferred
Network troubleshooting experience which includes packet trace and Sniffer analysis as well as router & switch security configuration analysis (ssh, SNMPv3, access control lists, TACACS/RADIUS, etc).
Experience with wireless network security standards and configuration
Configuration and troubleshooting experience in a LAN/WAN environment with Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls preferred
Understanding of Internet routing, defense in depth, DMZ design and zero-trust networking
Security experience as it applies to compliance, protection of assets, and company security
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations and convey technical and design strategies to different audiences
Strong people and communication skills with the ability to deal with stressful situations involving equipment and application failures in a composed and constructive manner
Ability to take direction from more than one person and handle a variety of tasks at one time
Dependable, accessible after hours in the event of a system failure, work as needed to maintain equipment in off-hours
Able to collaborate and comfortable working remotely with team-members and leaders
Moderate Lifting (30-40 lbs.)
On Call Availability
Manager, Network Operations
- Manages support operations activities associated with all corporate data network environments. Organizes and oversees issue resolution, ticket management, upgrades and failover testing associated with our data network environments. Works with the engineering teams to define impact of changes and works with the customer to identify appropriate maintenance windows to conduct the operations work. The candidate is expected to manage maintenance windows to ensure appropriate business unit involvement and efficient execution of changes.
- Accountable for scope, functionality, schedules, performance, and quality of Network Services data operations projects. Directs and is accountable for multiple operational projects, managing ticket resolution in a timely manner and ensuring that as-built documentation is kept up today. Will serve as the lead contact for SRTs and troubleshooting work and will bring in level 3 support as required. Also responsible for working and coordinating with the network services engineering group to effect a proper and efficient hand off of design and support documentation. Identifies and resolves problems and conflicts, as needed, to ensure ticket resolution and operational projects are on time and within budget.
- Works with the data and voice engineering groups and other operations groups to effectively hand off 3rd level support issues so they can be resolved in an expeditious manner.
- Interprets and administers departmental and corporate policies, procedures, and technical standards; takes corrective action, when appropriate; develops alternative solutions or approaches; recommends and/or implements improvements.
- Develops and administers capital budgets and forecasts for department and customers; establishes policies and procedures for the periodic review, reconciliation, and accounting of expenses (charge backs) to customer departments; develops department personnel budgets and administers departmental plans.
- Responsible for the daily management and monitoring of the ACG Wide Are Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN).
- Responsible for the department process related to the selection, hiring, training, development, coaching, performance review and counseling of assigned staff.
- Directly and indirectly, areas comprised of professional and technical personnel who may be distributed at one or more locations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Experience in data network operations management
- Managing/Operating large and complex converged data and voice network environments
- Managing upgrade projects related to data and voice converged infrastructure with multiple project teams, vendors, and distributed implementation sites.
- Departmental level budgeting, financial analysis, forecasting and accounting, and charge backs to cost centers involving usage, staff, vendors, and maintenance costs.
- Communicating with and presenting to senior IS and business management on data network operations.
- Personnel management, involving recruiting, evaluating, performance, administering salaries, motivating and leading staffs, and coaching and counseling on career development.
- Communicating technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identifying, analyzing and resolving complex data and voice converged network problems.
- Evaluating complex voice and data converged network systems and understanding the interdependencies between components and how it affects existing infrastructure.
- WAN and LAN design, implementation and support of telecommunications (networking) products/services.
- Broad-based technical skills (architecture, concepts, product/service relationships and support) in most technical specialty categories, including voice networks, data networks, wide/local area networks, circuit provisioning, network capacity/resource management, network performance reporting and network costing.
- Managing technical resources to resolve operational issues and assessing impact
- Ensuring proper response and adherence to operational SLAs and KPIs
- Monitoring and reporting operational status, and related issues
- Coordinating/facilitating multiple in-process operations tasks
- Team leadership, including guidance, team member feedback, and evaluation
- Coordinating external resources
- Conflict management/resolution skills
- Decision-making skills
- Team-building skills
- Extensive negotiating and selling skills
- Wide area network (WAN) technology, products, and service providers (e.g., ATM, frame relay, T1/DS3, and Sonet protocols and services)
- Local area network (LAN) technology products, platforms, Layer 2/3 switches, hubs, routers, and appropriate communications software)
- LAN technologies and protocols (e.g., 10/100/1000 Base-T standards, TCP/IP, Ethernet,)
- Integrated digital service network (ISDN)
- High bandwidth network products, such as image and video
- Network architecture concepts, such as OSI Network Reference model, distributed computing concepts, and telecommunications standards (e.g., IEEE 802.3/4/5 LAN standards,)
- Network management services, protocols, and services (e.g., SNMP, or HP Openview)
- Communications rates and billing procedures/costing (e.g. Tariff 12)
- Manage large projects involving the entire ACG footprint, multiple team members, multiple vendors, and multiple sites on tight time schedules
- Effectively communicate, both verbally and written, with senior management on technical project design, plans, progress, impacts, and risks identify and quickly resolve problems with projects and teams
KinderCare Education is the nation's leader in early childhood education. We nourish curiosity through purposeful experiences to create a future full of lifelong learners. From our National Support Center, to the classrooms where learning comes to life, we're united by a passion to create a world of learning, joy and adventure for more than 161,000 children ages six-weeks through 12 years every day.
Our Teachers bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging children to learn and grow. They inspire children to be lifelong learners using our nationally recognized curriculum that promotes social, physical, verbal, and cognitive development. Our Teachers are committed to making their center successful and know that creating meaningful relationships with children, families, and their team play a crucial role in that success.
When you join our team as an Assistant Teacher you will:
Assist teachers with the implementation of KCE's curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child
Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn.
Partner with parents with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children
Support your center's success by partnering with center staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, accreditation, and engagement
Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners
Required Skills and Experience:
A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and discovery go hand-in-hand
Outstanding customer service skills
CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
Must meet state specific guidelines for the role
Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
Ability to speak, read, and write English. Proficiency in additional languages not required but beneficial.
Participate in potlucks and create fabulous dishes
Warm and caring with young children.
The benefits our career professionals enjoy:
In addition to a rewarding career where you help shape children's futures, KinderCare Education provides a competitive compensation package. Benefits include:
Medical, dental and vision
Discounted child care
Generous paid time off
Education assistance and reimbursement
Medical expense reimbursement/ Life insurance/Disability benefits/ Health and wellness programs
401(k) savings and investment plan with employer match
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools™, Knowledge Beginnings® and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Sales Floor Associate
Summary of Position
Responsible for assisting with the complete operations of assigned store, in conjunction with assigned tasks and duties.
Assist in the merchandising of the store.
Fully cross-trained to assist with cash register operations, customer service and stock replenishment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Handle all sales transactions while operating assigned cash register.
Maintains security of all cash.
Protects all company assets.
Maintains a high level of good customer service.
Maintains a pleasant, friendly, cooperative attitude with customers, co-workers and supervisors.
Assist with unloading trucks.
Works in a safe manner.
Adheres to and upholds policies and procedures.
General math skills to allow for cash accounting.
Strong verbal communication skills to allow for proper interaction with customers.
High level of integrity and honesty; will be responsible for handling cash.
This job specification should not construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. This is not to be considered a complete list of job duties, which appear in the job description for this position, and which may be amended from time to time at the discretion of Dollar Tree. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Dollar Tree is an equal opportunity employer.
Vehicle Fueler - Stores
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 different states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
Gallup Great Workplace Award for consecutive years
Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
Indeed's annual "50 Best Places to Work" award for two years running
Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal "Best of the Best"
Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
External Pre-Hire Assessment Required: Team Member Pre-Hire Assessment
General Summary of Duties: Under indirect and intermittent supervision of a Supervisor, the Utility Employee Vehicle Fueler must travel to locations filling large trucks and their corresponding machines in a timely manner to keep crews running on schedule. This Job Description and the job analysis data is the basic material for determining the basic pay rate for this job. Only the typical duties which are significant, or seem likely to be helpful in determining pay rates, have been included. No attempt has been made to furnish a comprehensive list of all the duties which are attached to this job. Wherever they seem likely to be useful, figures such as approximate heights, weights, voltages and adjustment limits have been supplied. Such figures are neither operating nor performance standards, and are subject to change as conditions change. The use of the word ôetc.ö means ôand others (of the like kind),ö and ôthe like kindö refers to those words preceding the ôetc.ö in the same sentence. This descriptions when approved, has been accepted as substantially correct by both the Company and the Union for the purpose of determining pay rates. However, no statement in a Job Description or Analysis is to be understood as limiting either party or the operating instructions or practices of the Company, or as superceding any part of the contract between the parties. The contract between Local Union 223, Utility Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO, and the Company should be referred to for provisions controlling promotions, demotions, or transfer between classifications, or changes in work assignment.
Driving vehicles, such as trucks with equipment trailers, to the fuel pumps for the purpose of re-fueling the truck as well as the machine attached to the trailer
Returning the vehicle back to its designated parking location once refueled
Operate tools and equipment relating to the tasks assigned by the supervisor
Perform general cleanup at the gas satellite locations.
Will be required to attend corporate training, safety, and engagement events
May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. In this fueler position, the worker must wear a high visibility vest at all times in observance of safety protocols, and report any unsafe conditions to the supervisor immediately.
Applicants must be 18 years or older.
Possess a high school diploma or GED.
Hold and maintain a valid driver's license.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Shift Supervisor Management Trainee
The Shift Supervisor Trainee role is an entry-level, short-term role that prepares an employee to perform a higher-level supervisory role, such as Operations Supervisor or Shift Supervisor. The Shift Supervisor Trainee performs work as directed in order to prepare for future supervisory responsibilities, completes basic operations and management skills training, and also learns about key aspects of the business (e.g., building customer loyalty through exceptional service) and CVS/pharmacy culture.
Upon successful completion of the training program, Shift Supervisor Trainees are eligible to be considered for promotion to open Operations Supervisor or Shift Supervisor positions. These key leadership roles support the CVS Store Management team in driving store execution and performance while building consumer loyalty to CVS/pharmacy through a focus on excellent customer service. When there is no manager onsite, the Operations Supervisor or Shift Supervisor leads the store staff, ensures that store operations run smoothly, and is responsible for ensuring the completion of all opening and closing procedures.
Work effectively with store management and store crews
Supervise the store's crew through assigning, directing and following up of all activities
Effectively communicate information both to and from store management and crews
Assist customers with their questions, problems and complaints
Promote CVS customer service culture. (Greet, offer help, and thank)
Handle all customer relations issues in accordance with company policy and promote a positive shopping experience for all CVS customers
Maintain customer/patient confidentiality
Deductive reasoning ability, analytical skills and computer skills. Advanced communication skills. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some early morning, overnight and weekend shifts, to work overtime as needed.
Experience in retail
High school diploma or equivalent required
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers.
What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation's largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking Advice and Counsel
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!