Business Operations Advisor, Emobility
ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Customer & Operational Services:
Southern California Edison's (SCE's) Customer Service Organizational Unit (CS) shares the responsibility to safely deliver reliable, affordable electricity to our customers. We support this effort by working to meet customer expectations. Customer Service is dedicated to operational excellence and innovative thinking through our workforce in our call center, field operations, billing and payment center, outage and demand-side management and other service offerings.
You are inspired to work in a company that is forward facing. You want to play a big part in making meaningful decisions. You thrive when using your organizational planning skills, and keen sense of vision, transform and lead a world-class team, whose work directly impacts our customers. At the end of the day, you desire to build real change—for the better for everyone. Does this sound like you?
The job …
Recent policy changes and company objectives have resulted in the need for transformational change of the utility business model in California. In the past few years, the focus on GHG emissions reductions and environmental health has resulted in significant requirements on the California IOUs to modernize the grid and its associated processes to incorporate significant amounts of Transportation Electrification opportunities.
We have 11 years to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 40%. However, we have a longer-term goal of 80% reduction by 2050. We need to find a way to get there in a way that is affordable, sustainable, good for the economy and good for our customers. We need new ideas, new partnerships, new infrastructure, and a lot of support from industries across our economy and the government to find practical alternatives.
Meeting these goals will require new responsibilities in the newly formed eMobility organization within the Customer Programs & Services division of Customer Service to develop new and improved objectives and plans with intra-department management teamwork which will have significant company impact.
As a Business Operations Advisor you will support the operations of SCE's transportation electrification programs by:
* Leading the financial and operational analyses of large capital projects or programs.
* Managing various analytical resources and work teams related to program execution, the diagnosis of program performance, and continuous improvement initiatives.
* Reviewing and interpreting regulatory filings to make recommendations on program operations.
* Developing accounting, reporting and compliance infrastructures according to program rules and/or regulatory statues.
* Preparing departmental budgets, forecasts, and operating plans.
The day to day…..
* Developing models to perform complex data gathering and analyses in support of departmental decision making.
* Coordinating external compliance reporting and auditing activities for all TE programs.
* Managing internal project reporting, including the development and tracking of budgets and forecasts, goals, & KPIs.
* Reviewing program financial and operational performance metrics with project managers to support the management of their respective programs.
* Supporting regulatory filings, work paper development, and data request responses.
* Identifying, designing, and implementing process improvements.
Qualifications you need …
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business, Economics, Finance, or other Quantitative Discipline.
* Five (5) or more years' experience with quantitative and/or financial analysis, strategic planning, and reporting.
Other details that will set you up for success …
* Able to present complex issues in a simple, logical, and succinct manner to communicate analyses and recommendations to senior management.
* Demonstrated experience in complex problem solving and critical thinking.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to interface effectively and collaborate with peers, clients, management, and other organizations.
* Organized, strong ethics, interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively handle stress and engage in continuous learning.
* CPA, Project Management, Six Sigma, Agile, or other similar certifications.
You should know …
* Relocation is not available for this position, and who wouldn't want to live in beautiful Southern California?
* You are legally authorized to work directly as employee for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* We offer a fantastic Total Rewards Package that includes things like a wide selection of health plans, preventative health reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan with company match and automatic company contributions, tuition reimbursement, professional development, volunteer programs, employee assistance program, electric service discount, and many more perks.
The people here at Edison don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We are fueling the kind of innovation that is changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. You'll have a chance to grow your career and make a difference in the world.
SCE serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. As a company, we have big dreams and we know nothing big is ever accomplished alone. Join one of the nation's leading electric utilities in making sure California, and all of us who live here, shine bright.
At SCE we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
POST JOBS FOR FREE