Safety And Health Job Description Sample
Construction Site Safety & Health Officer
If you are looking to apply your experience, training and creativity to construction projects that serve our national defense and military service persons and their families’ quality of life we offer you the ability to support a mission and a focus. You are the frontline of responsibility and accountability to execute the work and provide a positive customer experience. As the onsite leader working with subcontractors and clients you will make a difference everyday! If you are looking for a fun, results focused team to join let’s talk and explore.
Summary of Position:
Site Safety & Health Officer will be responsible for all job-specific safety training and for following all procedures to ensure the safety of the physical environment for employees and sub-contractors. The successful candidate must have a comprehensive knowledge of the day-to-day safety field operations for their assigned project(s) and have Associate Safety Professional, Certified Safety Trained Supervisor, and/or Construction Health & Safety Technician certification(s). Must provide onsite training for all field personnel and review and monitor subcontractor safety program compliance. The SSHO is responsible for performing safety management, surveillance, inspections, and safety enforcement. Familiarity with DOD/ NAVFAC/ USACE construction requirements to include EM 385-1-1 and applicable OSHA regulations a must.
Role requires the ability to move from site to site, across states and projects while maintaining quality service and support. The projects are located in the following states: VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY and other locations as well.
- Manage safety orientation program and provide ongoing job-specific safety training.
- Coordinate and conduct safety meetings, to include materials, agendas, minutes, and attendance.
- Facilitate “return to work program” with employees, medical professionals, and project personnel.
- Serve as liaison for workers’ compensation reporting, case management, and recordkeeping.
- Conduct daily safety and health inspections and maintain a written log.
- Conduct investigations and complete required reports.
- Maintain the OSHA Form 300 and Daily Production reports for prime and subcontractors.
- Complete Contractor Self-Evaluation Checklist(s) and Monthly Exposure Reports.
- Maintain applicable safety reference material on the job site.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Develop, implement, and enforce accepted Accident Prevention Plans and Activity Hazard Analysis.
- Ensure personnel and subcontractor compliance with safety and health requirements.
- Maintain a list of hazardous chemicals on site and their material safety data sheets.
- Ability to organize tasks and work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Other duties as assigned as needed
- Must have Associate Safety Professional, Certified Safety Trained Supervisor, and/or Construction Health & Safety Technician certification(s).
- Minimum of five (5) years of construction industry safety experience or three (3) years if possesses a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or safety and health degree. Must include Federal construction project experience (DOD/NAVFAC/USACE).
- Must have completed the 30-hour OSHA Construction safety class or as an equivalent, 30 hours of formal construction safety and health training covering the subjects of the OSHA 30-hour course applicable to the work to be performed and given by qualified instructors. Must maintain this competency through 24 hours of formal safety and health related coursework every four (4) years.
- Must have completed the 40-hour Construction Safety Hazard Awareness Training Course for Contractors.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA Construction standards, OSHA 500 Certification.
- Current HAZWOPER 40-hour and Asbestos and Lead training preferred.
- Ability to provide verbal/written communication of safety messages in a professional manner.
- Intermediate skill in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; Primavera P6 highly desirable.
- Valid state driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Project requires U.S. Citizenship and ability to speak, read, and write fluent English.
- Ability to successfully pass background/security checks
- Experience with Procore software a plus!
Our Mission: Customer satisfaction is the measure of our success!
Site Safety And Health Officer
We are looking for Site Safety Health Officer(s).
Classifications (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Exempt
General Summary of Position for SSHO: Responsible for all Safety functions on construction projects.
- Act independently as ab SSHO while coordinating all SSHO functions to not delay construction scheduling.
- Read and understand specifications, reference codes and standards.
- Review and interpret contract drawings.
- Review provisions that have been made to provide required control inspection and testing.
- Efficient management of project submittals.
- Examine the work area to assure that all required work has been completed and is in compliance with the contract requirements and resolve any differences.
- Determine, communicate, and document deficiencies and ensure they are corrected in a timely manner.
- Communicate with Contracting Officer in a clear and understandable manner about all status updates.
- Conduct required meetings with all interested parties.
- Manages difficult customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- 3-5 years site safety experience
- EM 385-1-1 40 Hour and OSHA 30 Hour Certificate Required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other basic computer skills.
- First-aid/CPR Certified, experience with heavy equipment and other construction specific certifications (i.e., confined space, scaffolding, trenching, excavation, etc.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, and responds well to questions.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test/physical/background check
Disclaimer: The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive of every job duty, responsibility, or qualification required by an employee assigned to this job. While employed in this position, an employee may be required to perform other assignments not listed on this job description.
Besides a great salary, paid holidays, and sick/vacation time, our team members enjoy:
Comprehensive insurance program (medical, dental, vision, prescriptions, life insurance)
401(k) savings plan
Annual profit sharing
Paid industry training and certifications (in eligible areas)
The Wayne B. Hays Scholarship Program (for HHCI employees and family members educational pursuits)
Community Service volunteer opportunities
Annual Summer & Christmas Parties and Quarterly BBQs
About Hal Hays Construction, Inc. (HHCI)
Celebrating over 26 years of service to clients, Hal Hays Construction, Inc. (HHCI) is an award-winning design build construction company providing vertical and civil construction services for high-growth clients throughout the Western states. HHCI is recognized as an INC 5000 High Growth Firm, ENR-Ranked Top California Contractor, Edison Supplier of the Year, National MBE Constructor of the Year, and Accredited Quality Contractor. HHCIs corporate headquarters is in Riverside, CA with branch offices in Redding, CA. Visit our website at www.halhays.com.
Hal Hays Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants on race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, religion, marital status, military service/veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including genetic characteristics, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Construction Site Safety And Health Officer
MEB General Contractors, Inc. (MEB) is currently seeking a dynamic and self-starting Site Safety and Health Officer to implement key safety and health and environment (SHE) functions on a long-term construction project in Richmond, VA.
· Bring recognized SHE issues to management for immediate correction by responsible personnel.
· Act as an educational/support resource and safety coach for employees, regarding construction safety, health or environmental matters to facilitate safe production.
· Conduct project safety performance inspections via regular site inspections utilizing a predictive analytics data collection tool and reporting software.
· Travel to other company project sites to perform site safety inspections or support the implementation of the safety program or training needs at other regional project locations, (generally within a 1 to 3 hr drive).
· Develop and/or deliver required formal employee training and instruction material in a hands-on or classroom style environment. Coordinate 3rd party employee training, as necessary. Perform new employee and subcontractor site orientations, where necessary.
· Review, maintain and manage and track safety and health program documentation.
· Perform investigation and root cause analysis of incidents, guidance for corrective action and closure incidents, if necessary. Support the management of employee work related injuries/illness or medical evaluation of employees, if necessary.
· Perform other position related duties as assigned or requested.
· 3-5 years of experience as a safety professional in civil/commercial building construction, is required.
· Ability to work well with others and be willing to mentor/coach other employees with regard to enhancing a best safety practice mind-set and exhibit a “lead by example” work attitude, is required.
· Bachelor degree in a science, safety, industrial hygiene or science related discipline, is desired.
· Current CHST, STSC, CSP, ASP, or CIH certification is desired.
· Computer literate, proficient w/ Microsoft Office suite, with solid technical writing skills is required.
· Strong working knowledge of OSHA requirements is required and knowledge of MHSA requirements is desired.
· Possess OSHA 30 hr Construction Safety Training certification is required. OSHA 500 certification is desired.
· Comfortable speaking/training in groups and possess solid communication skills, is required.
· Able to lift/carrying 50 lbs., able to access or assess protected work at heights, protected trenches/excavations or confined spaces, use ladders or traverse uneven terrain or be medically cleared and willing to wear respiratory protection, if necessary, in a compliant manner, is required.
· Successful candidate will have a clear criminal and driving record background screening and pass a pre-employment drug screening.
· Successful candidate will be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English. Fluency (spoken and written) in Spanish is also desired.
· Successful candidate will be a current legal United States resident, authorized to work in the United States and capable of passing DoD background screening.
This positon reports directly to the safety director with indirect reporting to the Senior Project Manager.
Contact our HR department at email@example.com to submit your resume.
Site Safety & Health Officer
The Great Lakes E&I Safety & Health Officer (SHO) is responsible for implementing the requirements of the project Health and Safety Plan (HSAP) on the assigned project. Typical duties include but are not limited to; understanding and supporting our Incident & Injury Free (IIF) culture, maintaining compliance with safety & health procedures and enforcing the Life Saving Absolutes, creating site-specific AHAs, conducting incident investigations, prompt and accurate reporting and record keeping, leading and participating in daily safety meetings and stretch and flex, providing technical S&H support to the Project Leaders, completing daily safety inspections and identifying hazards, assisting the project team with change management, providing S&H training, using, maintaining and calibrating monitoring instruments, and performing air monitoring/sampling for according to set protocols.
· OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER
· OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor training
· OSHA 30 hour Construction Safety Course
· Minimum 4 years verifiable experience on as an SHO on hazardous waste or remediation sites.
· Experience with air monitoring, sampling and completing related reports.
Site Safety And Health Officer-Facilities
Seeking a Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) for multiple government worksites throughout the Chicago Region. SSHO will to be onsite at all times during the performance of work. The SSHO responsibilities include:
· Conduct mishap investigations and complete required reports. Maintain the OSHA Form 300 and Daily Production reports for prime and any sub-contractors or vendors utilized by the company.
· Maintain applicable safety reference material on the job sites
· Attend pre-construction conference, pre-work meetings including preparatory inspection meeting, and periodic in-progress meetings-if required
· Implement and enforce accepted APPS and AHAs
· Maintain a safety and health deficiency tracking system that monitors outstanding deficiencies until resolution
· Post a list of unresolved safety and health deficiencies on the safety bulletin board
· Ensure sub-contractor and vendor compliance with safety and health requirements
· Fully implementing all provisions of the D R Travis, Inc Safety System and related documents
· Manage the operation of the D R Travis, Inc Safety System
· Implement and manage all phases of safety control
· Ensure company-wide effectiveness of the Safety System
· Ensure that the Safety System is established and implemented by persons doing work that impacts safety
· Ensure company-wide conformance to Safety System requirements
· Act as D R Travis, Inc liaison with parties outside the company on matters relating to safety
· Report to senior management on performance of the Safety System, including needed improvements
· Review and approval of all Safety System documents
· Review and approval of all Safety System records
· Review and approval of safety-related contract submittals
· Manage all project inspection and safety control activities
· Identify existing and predictable hazards
The SSHO shall be capable of obtaining, and shall be responsible to utilize, a government-issued Common Access Card which requires a favorably adjudicated National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) or an equivalent or higher investigation in accordance with Army Directive 2014-05. Must be physically, medically qualified for performing the duties to which they are assigned. The contractor, in accordance with safety manual EM 385-1-1, shall consider, at a minimum, personnel strength, endurance, agility, coordination, and visual and hearing acuity. Will be working on various government sites throughout the Chicago Region. Must possess a valid Driver’s License. OSHA 30 Construction Certification desired. Salary negotiable and based on experience. We are an equal opportunity employer.
D R Travis, Inc ., provides Facility Support, Asset Management and Program Management services. We are seeking to expand our current sites serviced with the Department of Defense in the Chicago Region (which includes a few locations in Wisconsin). Please review the Position Description and send your resume and direct contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate review and consideration. We will initiate contact with desired respondents the week of 9/18/2017.
Safety & Health Specialist
Requisition # 11241 Position Title: Safety & Health Specialist About City of Hope City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Safety and Health Specialist is responsible for the effective management of a safe and healthful environment at City of Hope. This position helps to ensure a safe environment by solving problems, identifying solutions, and facilitating resolutions by using independent judgment, critical thinking, and discretion. The Safety and Health Specialist will act as a proactive consultant to City of Hope departments to assist leaders in creating and maintaining an environment of safety for its employees and patients.
Essential Functions: Provides consultation to other COH departments in methods of effective safety management and accident prevention. Performs ergonomic evaluations for office and lab workplaces.
Provides recommendations and writes reports of findings. Follows up with employees to assess improvements. Provides technical safety information regarding chemical and other hazards to management personnel of other Departments.
Utilizes advanced data and statistical principles to develop, analyze complex systems and design reports, dashboards (including Key Performance Indicators), charts & models; provides analysis and develops questions/discussion points to aid in management decision-making. Conducts training and safety orientation for COH employees to assure greater safety awareness. Develops systems to effectively control safety hazards.
Evaluates hazard levels at various COH workplaces and advises the Assistant Director Occupational Safety and Health on methods of abatement. Responds to employee complaints and investigates for purposes of identifying the hazards. Investigates accidents to determine cause for the purpose of preventing a recurrence.
Assists in formulating policies, procedures, directives, protocols and manuals pertinent to safety and health. Actively participates in Disaster Drills by assisting in planning and implementation. Represents the safety and health function during drills.
Assists and advises the Assistant Director Occupational Safety and Health in development of programs which would lead to a safer and more healthful environment at City of Hope and greater compliance with the law. Provides technical consultation in the area of emergency response, including chemical spills. Assists in developing emergency response kits and procedures for institution wide operations.
Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise. Coordinates with external databases to assure quick availability of safety information about chemicals. Responds to emergencies as needed.
Develops and maintains data processing systems to assure quick access and retrieval of safety data. Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplace
Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The following shared, organization-wide competencies describe the desired behaviors that will facilitate success at City of Hope:
- Expresses ideas clearly and constructively (written and spoken, upward and downward, one-on-one and with groups).
- Customer Service
- Seeks to understand customer needs and works to exceed customer expectations (internal and external).
- Looks for opportunities to improve performance; manages time, work, and relationships effectively and efficiently.
- Treats others with respect; abides by the institutional values; displays a positive and cooperative attitude; adheres to the workplace Code of Conduct and compliance policies.
- Identifies efficiencies to reduce redundancy and/or elimination of tasks resulting in savings of cost, resources, and or/time.
- Works proactively and collaboratively with others to streamline work and achieve mutual goals. Position
Safety And Health Professional
Are you a seasoned Safety and Health professional looking for your next challenge? Would you like to be a part of a team of an ENR Top 400 Contractor with over 125 years of experience as we expand to the next level? Wohlsen Construction Company is seeking a highly experienced and committed professional to join our team as Safety and Health Professional. This position will be based in the Delaware Valley Region and will provide project site support in the PA, Southern NJ, and DE markets.
What you'll provide is on site consultation on leading edge Safety practices to our project teams. We're involved in high end, large scale commercial construction projects in the Sr. Living, Health Care, Hotel, and Commercial Real Estate sectors. You should be independent, capable and ready to help us continue leading our number one goal of Safety at Wohlsen Construction.
Wohlsen offers a competitive benefits package including health, life, vision, dental, short and long term disability, 401(k) and profit sharing program.
A detailed position description can be found at www.wohlsenconstruction.com under the Careers section.
All interested applicants must apply through: https://careers-wohlsenconstruction.icims.com/jobs/1122/safety-and-health-professional/job
Environmental Safety And Health Auditor Senior Staff
Job Description: : Develops and evaluates quality process and system standards to ensure compliance with company standards and governmental regulatory requirements. Validates and analyzes processes and corrective actions for effectiveness and capability and conducts analysis of results for use in development of audit schedules.
Specific responsibilities may include: Acting as coordinator for audit activities across Aero Executing ESH and ISO14001 audits and audits of various processes Interfacing with senior management Interfacing with customer (DCMA) Interfacing with external audit sources Coordinating and issuing audit findings Performing corrective action verification of audit findings Recommending containment actions for nonconforming processes Assessing risk and developing recommendations for mitigation Developing audit programs and schedules Developing presentations and presenting to senior-level management Directing the activities of internal and external audit teams This position will require some travel Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Basic Qualifications Must have subject matter expertise in one or more Environmental Safety and Health disciplines. Must be able to understand procedures and how they apply to each process. Must possess excellent skills in Microsoft Office Applications Must be able to travel 30%-40% Desired skills Audit experience in ESH programs.
ISO14001 audit experience and ISO14001 Lead Assessor training. AS9100 Lead Assessor training. Strong analytical and organization skills.
Experience developing Audit Plans. Experience analyzing procedures and how they apply to each process. Prefer experience with technical writing, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Job Location(s): Fort Worth Texas Security Clearance : Secret Business Unit : ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY Job Class : QA/Test and Inspection Job Category : Experienced Professional City : Fort Worth State : TX Virtual : No Relocation Available : Yes Work Schedule : FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Req Type : Full-Time Shift : First Additional Posting Locations : Fort Worth SDL2017
Environmental Health And Safety Tech/Industrial Hygiene
Because we seek distinctive candidates, our interview process is thorough and progresses through a series of telephone discussions and in-person meetings. The process allows you to learn more about our Company Group and to find out more about your qualifications as a candidate. Incoming resumes are reviewed against our current needs and candidates with appropriate backgrounds are invited into the recruiting process.
Responsible for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of Safety and Health compliance programs and initiatives.
Provide expertise in the anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of risks to safety and health of plant personnel.
Compliance with all safety and health standards, including federal and state regulatory compliance and provide interpretation and guidance of these standards.
Provide assistance to plant operations, maintenance and contractors on flawlessly executing our safe work practices within their work environment.
Provide regulatory research, guidance and interpretation on new or proposed occupational safety and health regulations to ensure site processes meet Compliance Standards.
Perform self-assessments of site health and safety processes to drive continuous improvement in all areas.
Set standards and maintain accountability within areas of responsibility and promotes a strong safety culture which supports the sites goal of an injury-free workplace.
Responsible for developing, scheduling and delivering effective OSH training and ensuring all required training for each employee is documented, completed on time and includes continuous quality improvements.
Responsible for overseeing Emergency Response Team for the INVISTA Wilmington site.
Responsible for overseeing fire protection systems plant wide.
In all areas of responsibility must have the following:
Strong demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
Self-starter, self-motivated, independent achiever who can thrive in a team environment.
Results oriented, able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
Strong organization and planning skills.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Associates Degree or higher in Safety Science, Industrial Hygiene or related scientific or technical field
Three years or more safety and health experience in a manufacturing setting.
Applied knowledge of governmental safety, including ANSI (American National Standards Institute), NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration).
Our Interview Process
HR interview. All candidates meet initially with someone from the our Company Group HR team, either by telephone or in person, to further review background and qualifications and to discuss the specific requirements of the position.
Case interview. The case interview will be with one of our consultants or research team members and will address skills and experience. Additionally, structured thinking, intellectual curiosity, collaborative style and drive for results are evaluated. Interview cases are typically drawn from the interviewers? experiences and may include specific scenarios for those candidates with a focused background.
Final interviews. Final interviews take place in one of our office locations and consist of a round of meetings that include several senior members of our leadership team. Those meetings provide you with the opportunity to ask questions, learn more about our culture and environment and meet our people face to face. We typically make offer decisions shortly after the final round of interviews.
Environmental, Health And Safety Administrator
Greenville Technology, Inc., a tier one automotive parts supplier, specializing in Injection, Paint, and Assembly processes has an immediate opening for an Environmental, Health & Safety Administrator in our
Anderson, Indiana facility.
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve the safety system, and ensure adherence to all system policies and procedures.
- Support and continuously improve the ISO14001 environmental system, and ensure adherence to system policies and procedures.
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve environmental, health and safety policy and programs.
- Evaluate plant-wide safety training needs and ensure implementation and completion of required training.
- Ensure that all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations are enforced and maintain and update compliance records.
- Administer workers’ compensation claims.
- Review and process all medical limitations related to work restrictions.
- Strong desire to be an advocate for safety and environmental programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and explain policy.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- Attention to associate relations and customer service.
- Professional attitude and spirit of teamwork.
- Relevant work experience.
- Willingness to work overtime and a flexible work schedule.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
GTI produces plastic injection automotive parts for interior and exterior applications. Parts can be simple non-painted injected parts to complex console assemblies. GTI practices a lean manufacturing model, sound 5S principles, and first-in first-out inventory management systems.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!