Sales Director Job Description Sample
Regional Sales Director | General Manager | Sales Manager
- Responsible for supporting and implementing local strategic initiatives for accelerating growth through employee engagement by acting as strong mentor to sales, office staff and caregivers.
- Advocate operating efficiencies and dynamics for successful programs and processes. Conduct and make client and referral source visits.
- Ensure consistency of care through on-boarding and in field training and supervision.
- Willingness to provide home care services to clients to both train caregivers and fill in when required.
- Meet and exceed growth goals
- Provide leadership to operations and care teams; role modeling effective coaching and performance feedback, prioritizing resources; facilitating alignment of the team
- Work with the Sales Managers and Account Executives to develop annual sales/marketing plan which will assist in maintaining and increasing client base.
- Ability to observe, coach, train and develop the sales skills to meet and exceed growth goals
- Able to lead and motivate staff
- Develops and executes a strong talent management plan including talent assessment, selection, empowerment, coaching, motivation and retention of top talent; builds and develops succession plans and pipeline of talent.
- Cultivates employee engagement and positive employee relations environment through robust and regular employee communications, performance feedback, reward and recognition culture, and focused employee development.
- Employs a diverse and creative communications framework to align employees and generate understanding and commitment to achieving the business plan
- Ensures compliance and the highest standards in home care.
- Creates the vision and fosters a culture of accountability for implementing actions that support caregiver service excellence.
- 4-year college degree
- Minimum 5 years of sales and/or management experience
- Proven successful track record
- Assessing, coaching, and developing talent and managing multi-disciplinary organizations
- Establishing business direction and executing strategy development and implementation
- Exceeding predetermined revenue, share, and customer objectives
B2B Sales Director
SPIN Selling, N.E.A.T. Selling, SNAP Selling, The Challenger Sale, Sandler System…did you build your sales success on any of these sales methodologies or another? If so, we’d like you to join our team here in Lake Forest, IL and coach our very coachable sales team as their B2B Sales Director.
We’re not looking for a career VP simply because we’re a small company that is just primed to grow quickly and cannot support a high level executive. This position is the right fit for someone who found success in big ticket, long sales cycle deals, moved on to management and is now ready for the next management challenge where you’ll work closely with the CEO.
We’re an equipment manufacturer headquartered in Lake Forest who markets globally. This dynamic position offers salary and competitive performance based commission and bonus.
- Provide leadership, strategy and team sales coaching resulting in the Sales and Marketing organization meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Bring your solid selling methodology and sales dialogue processes to our team in order to improve the closing ratio.
- Work closely with marketing to integrate strategy and obtain goals.
- Work with marketing to develop solid inbound lead generation conversion strategies.
- Maintain a positive rapport with customers and represent the company to the public, industry and community for the purpose of enhancing its brand awareness and loyalty.
- Communicate and collaborate with both sales team, international sales managers and product distribution channel to ensure successful deal management, client satisfaction and customer retention.
- Develop and maintain a consistent, accurate sales pipeline and forecast. Continuously update and maintain the current prospect database for pipeline management, daily activity and forecast data by directing sales team to be responsible and accountable.
- Travel when needed to customers domestically and attend several trade shows. Travel several times yearly internationally.
- Hire, train and develop sales team as a group and individually through performance management.
- Experience in a B2B long sales cycle management role preferably with manufactured high ticket products.
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translate these into sales solutions that solve problems and promote dialogue to close business.
- Track record of leading and inspiring sales teams to exceed sales goals.
- Demonstrated financial acumen such as compare quarterly trends, year to year growth, margin erosion, etc.
- Knowledge of inbound marketing automation and closing inbound leads.
Restaurant Sales Director
Abby Park Restaurant Group in Milton, MA seeks a full-time Private Dining & Catering Manager. In this role you would be responsible for all sales and planning for both in-house private dining and off-premise catering business.
- Fielding all private dining & catering inquiries, as well as planning the details of each event.
- Communicating on a regular and consistent basis with FOH & BOH Managers/Chef, as well as floor staff.
- Maintaining an accurate and detailed calendar of events.
- Generate menus and cost proposals for clients, conduct site visits, tastings (when applicable) and issue contracts.
- Secure new clients through outreach, prospecting and new business development assisting.
- General administrative duties (contracts, invoices, etc.)
- Manage and attend events as needed, while working closely with operation managers and staff.
- Continual follow-up with clients to build customer loyalty.
- Attend networking and industry events.
- Assist PR Consultant in advertising and marketing campaigns, planning and implementing promotional events.
- Social Media Marketing (Facebook & Twitter).
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALITIES:
- Restaurant Experience a MUST
- Experience in off-premise catering preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan successful events.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel (Publisher, Photoshop and Caterease preferred but not required).
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be extremely organized and detailed-oriented.
- Positive attitude, outgoing, enjoy customer interaction, and loves selling and building relationships.
KCI is currently seeking to hire a Sales Director to join our team! You will be responsible for overseeing and developing a sales strategy to drive company revenue within
- Oversee and coordinate the Business Development within the organization
- Analyze sales statistics to identify areas of improvement
- Track results and trends for business forecasting
- Develop and execute innovative sales strategies
- Build and form new partnerships with potential clients
- 5+ years in Executive level sales
- Account knowledge within the Service Provider Space (Verizon, Comcast, Frontier, etc.)
- Experience within Professional Service Sales
- Strong understanding of Network and Back Office Platforms
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with CRM platforms such as NetSuite or Oracle
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to build rapport with prospective clients
Regional Sales Director - New Car
We’re looking for a charismatic, dynamic sales professional who’s ready to wow prospects. You have an established new car dealership network and serious credibility with F&I managers, General Managers and Sales Managers. You’re confident, collaborative and the master of a stellar elevator pitch. You’re also a good listener who can get to the heart of a prospect’s pain points and deliver our solution as the cure for their woes. And you wake up every day ready to get at it – close deals, rack up big revenue and share a round of high-fives with your team.
We’re looking for a Regional Sales Director - New Car
As a Regional Sales Director, your success will be accomplished by utilizing excellent in-depth knowledge of company products and programs, as well as team members, and by developing and implementing an agreed upon Marketing Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the marketing area. You’ll work within the Spireon sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values and to ensure all sales agreements or proposed agreements conform to company rates, rules, and regulations by performing the following duties:
- Effectively presents and sells company products and services to current and potential clients within the specified territory.
- Exceeds monthly sales goals
- Prepares action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made daily, weekly and monthly.
- Performs timely follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identifies sales prospects and contacts these and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepares presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Establishes and maintains current client and potential client relationships.
- Manages account services through quality checks and other follow-up.
- Identifies and resolves client concerns.
- Prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge relating to current products and features.
- Communicates new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Participates in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing event
This is You:
- Established network of contacts in new car dealerships
- Strong developed relationships with dealership F&I Managers, General Managers and Sales Managers
- Must be able to roll up your sleeves and multi-task with a smile on your face
- Technology moves quickly, you must be able to keep up and even set the pace
- Must be able to crank out work on your own, as well as play nicely with your teammates
- Must be able to communicate your point of view, as well as stop, collaborate and listen
- From emails to presentations, you need mad communication skills
Additional Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and minimum two years of sales related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience - college degree preferred.
- A clean driving record (Class B license in good standing, no DUI or felony driving offenses in past 5 years) is required for this position.
- Moderate travel, including overnight stays, is required of this position
- B2B Sales
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Time Management
- Self-Disciplined and Motivated
- Franchised car dealership experience
Regional Sales Director
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director of Sales, this position is responsible for ensuring that the programs and services delivered are consistent with American House’s philosophy of Senior Living and that the highest quality of customer service is provided for our communities, supporting their ongoing efforts to maintain and increase occupancy. This position is headquartered in the corporate office of which business hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Motivate and energize team to make proactive decisions in all communication with prospects and referral sources
- Participate in the interviewing of our Executive Directors/Assistant Directors in relation to their sales responsibility
- Generate sales ideas and determine best way to drive traffic with the Marketing/Advertising department
- Manage the corporate relationships that American House has with sales platforms (i.e. You’ve Got Leads, Leasehawk, etc.) and corporate referral agencies (i.e. A Place for Mom, Caring.com, etc.)
- With the Director of Sales, coordinate company-wide training once per year with Traci Bild
- Train and support on-site teams in outreach relationship building using the American House Sales System (BILD), lead tracking software (YGL), APFM partnership site, and call recording (Leasehawk)
- Provide one on one sales coaching as needed
- Set up all new Communities on American Sales Systems (YGL, APFM Partnership site, Leasehawk, and AH Creative Work Order)
- Perform weekly Team Management Focus Calls for underperforming properties with Area Manager of Operations, Executive Director, and Assistant Executive Director
- Collect and manage quarterly marketing plans for each community
- Collect and manage quarterly competitor analyses by building and compile/manage quarterly analyses by county including new development areas
- Manage the positioning of new properties with the Director of Marketing & Advertising in terms of branding, marketing, and advertising
- Research and identify senior living industry trends as they relate to your department
- Develop and maintain American House Sales Manual
- Remain educated through webinars etc. on our existing American House Sales Systems (APFM, YGL, Partner Central, LeaseHawk, BILD, Connected Living)
- Conduct a 20 minute training session on current American House Sales Systems issues at each Executive Director meeting
- Prepare reports for investors as requested in regards to Sales
- Consult owner of Marketing Department budget for any sales related expenses from corporate driven events that would fall outside of the site allowance budget
- Travel to various locations and attendance at identified corporate meetings is required.
- Maintain and/or increase occupancy, increase revenue, and/or decrease expenses through outreach sales training and relationship building.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree in sales and marketing or related field preferred
- Two years minimum experience in leasing with proven success
- Ability to manage a budget preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and a compassion for older adults
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
Salary: up to $180k base + 100k bonus
Based in downtown San Francisco
This newly created SALES DIRECTOR is a strategic and senior leadership role responsible for the management of the sales team within an innovative and technology driven portfolio. The role is reviewing sales performance, team revenue generation and sales activity to deliver the agreed sales and financial revenue plan. This is a non-quota carrying role and the experienced sales team are responsible for revenue generation from new and existing customers with a P&L approx. $6M. Please only apply if you have either an integrated media programs background selling in to the tech space or if not from the media industry then must have excellent sales leadership and strategy. Also must have strong direct management of a sales team.
The role has responsibility for the line management of Sales Managers and Sales Executives (4 to 5) selling and managing existing customers as well as actively and aggressively focusing on new business development. They will lead this team with a focus on customer retention and growth through up / cross selling and rebooking while also working closely with marketing to develop strategies to attract new customers, enter new markets and drive new business revenue.
The Sales Director role will support the team with a combination of internal and external sales activity, meeting customers face-to-face and attending competitor events, regular 1:1’s, professional development, and sales coaching. Manage the team’s budget and cost of sales, effectively targeting Sales activity in relation to customer value. Lead development of Sales campaigns, team account allocations and define individual team members sales targets. As part of the Sales Leadership team, support the overall development of business unit Sales strategies, forecasts and plans. Encourage the adoption and consistent use of the global Sales process, and CRM technology. Ensuring consistency, efficiency and effectiveness in the way our client sells and assist with the recruitment and assessment of new hires to the team.
The Sales Director will support the Vice President of Sales in defining and executing sales strategies, agreeing on revenue targets and budgets with Brand Leadership, while developing strategic territory plans and managing a series of campaigns for the sales teams. As the Sales Director they will be responsible for the day to day sales performance management, utilizing sales techniques and competitions to drive sales activity for their team, while supporting the professional development and mentorship of team members, with a focus on developing an effective sales culture across the business.
CONTINUALLY LEAD THE TEAM TO:
· Develop plans to prospect, generate and seek new business opportunities inside and outside of existing client base through cold calling, follow-up calling and attendance at industry related events
· Sell to existing customer accounts with engaging conversations and compelling proposals while guiding them through buying process
· Utilize consultative selling methods to prospective and existing customers by offering new opportunities
· Build upon industry specific knowledge, including attending competitor events, analyzing customer data, sharing experiences across the team
· Maintain and nurture existing customer relationships
· Identify cross/up sell opportunities to grow the size of accounts, and instill good practice sales techniques to effectively close deals
· Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key demographics based on constant customer feedback
· Leverage sales insights and product knowledge to deliver the targeted existing customer revenue (excluding key account revenue), by account and brand (event/product)
· Lead sales campaign execution, including targeting, pipeline management, deal closing and accurate reporting of performance
· Lead the management, design and allocation of on-site Sales rebooking process, including the co-ordination of business development, key accounts and any guest sales re-bookers
· Lead the identification of sales situations where support from the Business Development team could result in retention or sale close conversation
· Maintain an open two way dialogue with internal stakeholders to share customer feedback, insight, prospective leads and overall brand impact or market dynamic
· Globally connect brand and market sales opportunities, where opportunities exist to increase a customer’s share of wallet or improve the global approach to account sales
· University Bachelor’s Degree / University of Applied Sciences qualification or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years’ experience in managing B2B sales teams and proven ability to deliver or overachieve on revenue targets
· Experience in managing and developing sales teams to drive maximum profitability
· Experience in maintaining customer relationships and proven customer retention techniques
· Experience with leading customer account growth
· Proven ability to lead and manage a Sales team, instilling an effective Sales culture with high energy
· Strong leadership and sales performance management experience demonstrating growth
· Ability to develop relationships at senior levels and manage high value accounts
· Strong interpersonal skills, high level of passion and enthusiasm for the job
· Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
· Sales coaching and leadership qualifications
· Previous implementation of strategies to drive sales performance, gamification and competition
· Experience managing a team using Salesforce
Sales Director Healthcare
Works closely with the Executive Director and Regional Director of Sales & Marketing in the development and execution of the sales & marketing plan.
· Meets or exceeds the sales activity standards as determined by the Regional Director of Sales & Marketing. These sales activity standards include quotas for daily telephone lead base follow up calls, appointments, on-site and off-site sales activities, and other sales related performance metrics.
· The Sales Counselor role requires External Business Development with outside referral partners with the goal of generating direct referrals to the community or communities they are assigned.
· Develops strategic sales and marketing plans for the community and work closely with other department managers to ensure that such plans meet the needs of the community.
· Provides outstanding sales leadership and management skills to ensure top performance by all members of the department. Leads by example. Coaches and mentors all staff within the department to ensure consistent top performance, fosters cooperative sales behavior to ensure success in achieving sales and occupancy goals.
· Provides regular and ongoing coaching and training to direct reports and/or other team members.
· Demonstrates excellent sales skills through: Establishing and maintaining client relationships, discovery of client’s needs and desires with the community’s products and services, closing and post-sales activities.
System Sales Director
Under limited supervision, generates,coordinates and oversees closure of P25/LMR/LTE system sales opportunities.Creates and maintains winning strategic sales plans for assigned opportunitiesand is responsible for planning, developing and managing resources to executesales strategies and achieve assigned quotas. Develop relationships with and map all influencers within opportunities.Gather market intelligence on competitive activities including products,pricing, strategies and tactics. (prefer someone location in the Central Corridor)
- Converts lead opportunities into sales orders to support corporate order and revenue targets.
- Achieves specific order intake, forecasting, and capture goals.
- Directs and assists in bid responses.
- Initiates, generates, and maintains sales strategy.
- Schedules and coordinates supporting team activities to successfully close sales opportunities.
- Articulate corporate messaging and vision in prospecting, trade shows, presentations to individuals and groups, proposal preparation and contract negotiation.
- Develop relationships and map all influencers within opportunities.
- Gather market intelligence on competitive activities including products, pricing, strategies and tactics.
- Accurately maintain customer contact information in CRM.
- Maintains educational level as dictated by the market place and/or senior management.
- Communicates with Executive Team, supervisor, and team members to ensure goals are attained and problems are resolved quickly.
- Maintain up-to-date opportunity information in CRM.
- 75% overnight travel with periods ofweek-long absences when preparing bid responses or attending shows andseminars.
- Assists other members of the sales team when required.
- Agrees to abide by the established Approval Matrix.
REQUIREDEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA or BS in Business, Communications, PublicRelations, Marketing or related degree or equivalent combination of educationand experience.
- 5-10 years sales or domain experience withstate and local government or public safety. Experience selling in theP25/LMR/LTE space preferred.
- Experience in opportunity sales, includingresponsibilities in customer presentations, securing account sales,establishing and maintaining strategies, reviewing status with team members andreporting such to executive management. Previous successful large ($5M plus)Sales experience in the State and Local market.
- Land Mobile Radio experience.
- Public safety experience.
- Ability to function and influence at the
State and local executive and legislative level.
- Knowledge of the political processes.
- Knowledge of state and local finance issues.
- Proficiency in producing documents andspreadsheets with windows-based software, preferably MS Word, Excel and
- Experience in direct dealings with customersand internal staff.
- Excellent presentation skills to small andlarge audiences including both customers and executive management.
- Excellent understanding of common businesspractices and specific company policies and procedures.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and lead teams with a commongoal: to deliver a project within schedule and budget with the highest level ofquality possible.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbaland written.
- Ability to work the required hours of theposition.
Please note this job description isnot designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, dutiesor responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities maychange at any time with or without notice.
EFJohnson Technologies is an EqualOpportunity/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION Employer who values diversity in the workplace. It is the policy of this company to provideequal opportunity with regard to all terms and conditions of employment. Thecompany complies with federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on thebasis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability,veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any otherprotected characteristic.
It is the policy of EF Johnson to provide equal opportunity and affirmative action with regard to all terms and conditions of employment. The company complies with federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
Sales Director (#3428Hv012918)
- Company specializes in products for the aerospace industry
- Part of a larger company and has over 75 years of industry experience
- ISO9001 and NADCAP certified
- Manage approximately 10 large corporate sales accounts in the greater Valencia, California area
- Responsible for identifying business development opportunities and growing existing sales accounts
- Assigned territory generates over $190MM in annual sales!
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is required
- Prior experience managing B2B sales accounts and related programs in the aerospace industry is required
- Must have a professional and driven B2B sales approach combined with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Looking for a high energy individual with an upbeat attitude
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, and other Microsoft Office Suite products, is required
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- All applications must be accompanied by a resume and contact information
- Please forward your resume to Heather Venesile and reference job #3428HV012918
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!