Sales Director Job Description Sample
Seeking a high-performance sales director to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. Learn more about this position.
- New client acquisition
- Empowers, inspires and holds Business Development Team accountable for new client acquisition
- Empowers, inspires and holds vCIO Team accountable for farming
- Closes their own sales and assists our team with closing sales
- Meet quarterly gross profit quota
- Build relationships with our partners, our clients, and within our community
- Generate new leads for yourself and our team
- Qualify leads through our discovery process
- Moderate the daily team huddle, and our weekly team and 1on1 meetings
- Create and manage quarterly reviews
- Work collaboratively with our engineering group
- Minimum 6 years of experience in an outside IT services “hunter” sales role
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing an outside IT services sales team
- Experience selling storage, cloud, managed and/or other recurring IT services
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
- Business and financial acumen; fluent in “Biz-Speak” over “Tech-Talk”
- Great listening skills and methodical approach to problem-solving
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; polished and professional
- Ability to work effectively independently and under deadlines
- Prospecting prowess
- Solid leadership and organizational skills
- Uncapped commission plan with base salary
- One of a kind team with pride in expertise
- Small company where individuals matter and work/life balance is encouraged
- Strong leadership team that allows freedom and creativity to make an impact
- Develop professionally and pursue interests
- Supportive and flexible
- Massage Mondays
- Social outings
Are you up to the challenge? At ePlus, we engineer transformative technology solutions for the most visionary companies in the world. This takes imagination, relentless client service, and the tenacity to enable our clients to achieve their visions. Our partnerships with leading edge technology manufacturers—many of which look to us for their own technology infrastructure needs—keep us immersed across the broad spectrum of the IT ecosystem.
As an ePlus Sales Director, your key objectives will be to increase team revenue and increase ePlus' market presence across the New York City metro area. You will manage a team of seasoned sales executives by aggressive selling into current and future customer sites. You must have experience as a strong sales leader who is both strategic minded and tactical in sales approach. Experience in Finance space highly preferred as well as a strong network in the NY metro area.
From strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our engineering-centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for technology to do more.
Achieve regional quota
Strategic planning and business development
Help identify and develop new account customers while mentoring Account Executives as needed
Increase annual revenue from each existing account
Recruit and train account executives
Conduct business in a professional, competent and ethical manner
30% business travel is required
Your Corporate Responsibilities:
Internal Control responsibilities vary by role and are subject to change. Please discuss your individual internal control responsibilities with your immediate supervisor on a regular basis.
Handle confidential matters and information professionally
Conduct business in a professional, competent and ethical manner
Adhere to corporate policies and procedures
Knowledge of e-business solution environment and financing
Must demonstrate ability to qualify, penetrate, and close new accounts
High level of presentation skills is required
Team oriented sales approach is a must
Possess ability to work independently
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree preferred
Minimum of 10+ years sales management experience preferred
Minimum of 10+ years successful technology sales experience with at least 8 years consistent quota achievement
Physical Requirements of Position:
Ability of finger dexterity to be used primarily to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects or pinching fingers together. Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and / or fingers. Speech ability must be at a level where one must convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly. Hearing ability must be at a level to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Visual ability must be average with ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery. Physical strength for sedentary work with sitting most of the time. May have to exert or lift up to 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally.
coUrbanize is a technology enablement tool that real estate developers use to get feedback from community members, including the “silent supporters” who don’t have the time to show up to long community meetings. By creating a centralized hub that offers communication tools, project information, and updates, coUrbanize helps real estate developers have more productive conversations. More than 300 real estate and planning projects from across the United States and Canada have launched on the platform, reaching hundreds of thousands of community members. The coUrbanize office is located in Boston, MA.
We’re looking for an exceptional Sales Director to sell our product and continue to build the sales team. The Sales Director will get real estate developers hooked on a new model of community engagement and spearhead our expansion into new markets.
You'll be a good fit if you:
- Are excited to jump into a rigorous, metric-driven sales process
- Set ambitious goals for yourself
- Have strong discovery skills and can connect dots to value to help buyers rationalize a new approach and justify budget
- Are passionate about making a difference in communities large and small
- 6-8 years of B2B sales experience
- Prospect, pursue and close new business within assigned territory and named accounts
- Plan and execute sales strategies to grow coUrbanize’s revenue and customer base
- Develop and deliver high quality presentations and customer proposals that effectively communicate coUrbanize’s solution
- Manage sales cycles including developing and optimizing a sales pipeline, maintaining pursuit strategies focused on key decision makers, negotiating key deal terms and closing contractual agreements
- Cross-functional teamwork to ensure that all customer commitments can be met
- Contribute insight to evolution of product & service features, pricing & terms
- Up to 25% travel
- Startup experience a plus
- You have experience working with, and have an existing network of, real estate development or municipal organizations
- You’re passionate about community development and active in your neighborhood’s planning
- You have some experience managing or mentoring other sales staff
We're committed to building better communities and value our employees tremendously. We provide:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent health and dental coverage
- Flexible work schedule (we aim to accommodate individual & family schedules)
- Unlimited vacation
- Equity in a fast-growing company
We are always looking to make our team more diverse. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Urbint, our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data geeks who obsess over problem solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, and forging new client relationships with some of the largest utilities across the country. You will be opening strategic dialogues with executives around key business priorities related to customer safety and legacy infrastructure. You will see those initial conversations through to a working relationship and engagement.
Urbint is looking for candidates who can roll up their sleeves and be part of a fast-growing dynamic team. Your primary motivation is to identify opportunities and navigate deals, all with a tenacious attention to detail.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
What You'll Do
- Own and manage the full sales cycle of large enterprise deals
- Develop a strategic plan to effectively and efficiently cover accounts within assigned territory
- Translate sophisticated and new technologies into simple solutions
- Create and present materials to executive leadership teams and business operators
- Develop trust with clients as a partner and problem solver
- Navigate key decision makers to build awareness and procure contracts
- Serve as the voice of the customer and provide input on product roadmap
- 7+ years of relevant experience, ideally in enterprise software or strategic consulting
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced technical degree or MBA is a plus
- Experience working with C-level executives at Fortune 500 companies
- Experience with deal structuring, contract negotiation, and procurement process
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- Enjoys creating presentations and delivering materials to external audiences
- Desire to build and nurture external relationships
- Obsesses over CRM details
- Commitment to solving important problems affecting our communities
- Ability to travel 25 - 50%
- Mission Driven- Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities more resilient.
- Top Compensation- Competitive compensation package with 100% benefit coverage.
- Prime NoHo Location- Our office sits in the heart of NYC’s historic NoHo district and is just minutes away from the BDFM and 6 subway lines.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
BRAND NEW COMMUNITY! Come join our family atMills River. We have flexible schedules and all shifts available! New,competitive wages!!
Nature and scope
The Sales Director provides hands on sales expertise for the appointed Affinity Living Group Community. Partners with Executive Director in the everyday process of utilizing the MatrixCare Marketing lead's database and keeps the system current. Responsible for meeting or exceeding budgeted census, payer mix and revenue goals through professional relationships and ongoing education of services to all referral sources. This includes facilitating the move in process as well as building and maintaining relationships with organizations associated with senior housing.
Minimum eligibility requirements
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or Healthcare Administration, or Communications preferred.
Must have three to five (3-5) years' experience in a Retirement Community, Skilled Nursing Facility, or Assisted Living, preferably facilities specializing in Alzheimer's/Dementia Care.
Must have three to five (3-5) years proven direct sales experience with demonstrated results.
Must possess knowledge of the Rules and Regulations for the Community and applicable move-in and move-out regulations.
Must score at least 80 on both the Hartman and JIST. If not, VPSM must approve next step.
Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, discharge planners, hospitals and public.
Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
Practice and promote Affinity Living Group's Policies and Procedures, Mission, Vision and Values.
Must demonstrate the ability to serve as a positive role model and spokesperson.
Possess excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while establishing appropriate priorities.
Must have knowledge of required standard practices that promote positive public relations.
Must be computer literate.
Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to take on multiple tasks.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Must pass criminal background check.
Must meet all health requirements.
Must have valid driver's license.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
Sales and Marketing
Presents a positive and informative first impression to all prospective residents and their families.
Writes appropriate thank you notes as follow-up to leads.
Meets or exceeds monthly Sales Activity quota.
Follows Road Map to Goals (tab 7) of Trimester Sales and Marketing Plan to ensure Census goals are met.
Ensures up to 80% of time spent conducting external, scheduled sales calls.
Partners with Executive Director on selection and training of back-up teams for tours, assessments, lease agreement execution and daily MatrixCare Marketing updates.
Facilitates move-in activities while effectively communicating with the Executive Director, Resident Care Manager and Business Office Manager to coordinate smooth and timely resident move-ins. These duties including but not limited to the tracking of inquiries, conducting initial tours, and managing that assessments are completed within 24 hours or less of receipt of referral.
Ensures Executive Director has necessary information to complete the lease agreements.
*The Sales Director may act as back-up, for completion of the lease agreement, but only after the Executive Director and Business Office Manager.
Co-leads a weekly sales meeting with the Executive Director to discuss census, Residents at risk, sales strategies, and required follow-up with referral sources.
Utilizes MatrixCare Marketing to maintain accurate and timely detailed move-in move-out information and any demographic information needed for evaluation of procedures in place.
Utilizes MatrixCare Marketing to track and maintain waiting list and prospects list as well as track and organize vacancies ensuring a quick and efficient move in process
Serves as a representative of the Company in the communities including participation in local organizations such as the Alzheimer's Association, provider and hospital networks, etc.
Conducts individual and group tours of the Community.
Plans and facilitates a support group with regular meetings for family and friends of persons with Alzheimer's disease or other dementias with invitations to the public as well as current resident families.
Coordinates at least four marketing events per month.
Serve as the "designee" of the Executive Director when requested to do so.
Understands a varied program of meaningful activities and events that is balanced in the physical, spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, vocational and cognitive elements.
Participates in the monthly Census Performance Program.
Any other duties assigned by the Executive Director and Regional Director of Sales and Marketing.
Joint decisions and duties between the Sales Director and Executive Director:
Assists in developing and managing a Trimester Sales and Marketing Plan, which will be updated monthly.
Assists the Executive Director in the development of Marketing collaterals, e.g., brochures, press releases and advertisements, which best describe the Community's services.
Utilizes Marketing spend down sheet to ensure cost control.
Tracks the Cost per Lead on every Activity executed to improve Census, which is under tab 6 (Events Plan and Results) of the Trimester Sales and Marketing Plan.
Responsible for ensuring that all employees are providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
Performs job duties for residents and with team members in a courteous and professional manner.
Takes initiative to ensure resident safety and satisfaction is a priority.
Meets and greets visitors in a friendly, helpful manner. Visitors include anyone who visits the community; specifically, current residents' families and friends, prospective residents and their families, referral sources, vendors and regulators.
Communicates professionally and cooperate with supervisor and all community personnel.
Monitors and evaluates customer satisfaction. Share the results with the Executive Directors and their staff. Works as a part of the team to develop appropriate action plans to continually improve satisfaction levels.
- Ensures compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residents' rights.
- Attends training sessions as directed by supervisor.
Follows and communicates company policies and procedures.
The job description provides a framework for the job; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Quantcast is hiring a Sales Director to oversee our Field Sales team in our Santa Monica office.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast runs the world's largest AI-driven insights and measurement platform directly quantifying over 100 million web destinations. Using machine learning to drive human learning, Quantcast provides brand marketers and publishers with meaningful audience insights, predictive targeting and measurement solutions across the customer journey.
As a Sales Director you will be responsible for leading and growing a team of field sellers based in Los Angeles working with top-tier agencies and marketers to exceed the team's revenue goals. You will be a proven sales leader, effective manager, communicator and respected by subordinates, colleagues, and customers. This candidate loves making sales calls with his/her team and builds deep relationships with agencies and clients.
Oversee a team responsible for sourcing and closing new business to regularly meet and exceed sales goals
Manage forecasting, account assignment, and quota achievement for a team of sellers
Build an intimate understanding of Quantcast products and their place in the industry
Help to build relationships with agency and client direct contacts
Assist team in performing in person presentations to media professionals, creating RFP's, and closing accounts
15+ years sales experience in online advertising
Current or previous management experience
Outgoing and adept at creating professional relationships. Client direct and agency contacts at both senior and junior levels
Experience in audience-based selling of digital media is ideal
Strong understanding of fundamentals of online advertising processes and technology
Quantcast owns and operates the world's largest audience insights and measurement platform on the open internet. Fueled by live data drawn from more than 100 million web and mobile destinations, Quantcast applies machine learning technology to help marketers, publishers, and agencies grow their brands by better understanding and predicting consumer interactions in real-time.
Founded in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and employs more than 700 employees in over 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self.
Director of Sales
We are looking for a talented sales leader to take on a unique, challenging and high-impact leadership position in our growing business where you'll manage and grow our sales team. Contract Finance (Factoring) business. We need a triple-threat, someone who can: 1) Sell government contractors on StreetShares financing products, 2) Manage a small, but growing team of Account Executives and Account Managers, 3) Build out best-in-class field sales processes and practices as you help grow the business and the team. It’s going to be a unique individual who can do all these things successfully. We're looking for a player-coach who will gradually become a pure sales leader as this team scales-out. Is this person you?
- Develop and cultivate relationships with government contractors throughout the country over a sales cycle that can range up to 10 months. Aggressively work opportunities through the sales funnel. Close deals.
- Travel aggressively (50% or more) to meet opportunities where they are. Collaborate with business development team to group prospecting events with discovery and closing meetings in key markets.
- Manage and eventually grow a field sales team (currently one with more to follow)
- Implement best practices in opportunity tracking and reporting, for you and your team.
- Collaborate with inside sales team, leveraging them for lead gen and discovery.
- Create feedback loops to product team and senior leadership, sharing the pulse of the market that you’re taking every day.
- Contribute in building a scalable, repeatable sales model.
- Outstanding sales skills. You’re sharp and persuasive. Engaging, even charming. Consultative. Aggressive but not overbearing.
- 8-12 years in field sales, with track record of exceeding targets and driving revenue growth.
- Of which 2-5 years in sales management, with exposure to and facility with sales management best practice processes in opportunity tracking and reporting.
- Comfort being a “player/coach” -- being in the trenches selling alongside alongside reps who you’re also managing.
- You have an entrepreneurial orientation. You’re a builder, as well as a seller. You’re excited, not concerned, that at StreetShares you wouldn’t have an established field sales organization and sales process to integrate into.
- You have a chip on your shoulder. You probably think you should been your bosses’ boss. Maybe you haven’t been given the chance to spread your wings and show what you can really do. You’re looking for the opportunity to lead something, build something great, show everyone what a star and a leader you really are.
- Experience selling specialty financial products to SMBs. Ideally you also have experience in the government contracting space.
- Ideally, you’re a veteran. Previous military experience both helpful and valued here.
StreetShares offers a competitive salary with fullbenefit package including insurance coverages, a company stock option program, gym memberships, and cell phone reimbursements.
GreenSky is seeking a Sales Director to actively drive the prospecting and sales growth for GreenSky consumer financing within key industry verticals such as Home Improvement, Furniture, etc. A primary focus for this role will be to target and secure contracts with large Dealers, Merchants /Retailers and Sponsor organizations (large manufacturers, franchises or industry associations which endorse GreenSky to their member base as their preferred financing partner). These contracts should provide direct access, explicit endorsement and marketing support to enroll their location(s) and train their sales staff to offer GreenSky financing as the preferred choice.
We are looking for an individual who has high energy, a will to win and a tenacious work ethic to succeed. This individual will deliver new business into a supportive relationship management team who will be part of the industry vertical and responsible to nurture and grow the business following the sale. It's a pure acquisition role and can be unlimited with the right amount of focus, hard work and determination. The ideal candidate will have existing experience, success and high-level contacts with key industry verticals.
Location: Remote with Travel 50-75%
5+ years sales experience; preferably within the financing or payments space
Proven track record of sales success and ability to detail your success
Self-starter who deals well with ambiguity and thrives on the hunt for the deal
Strong written and verbal skills; public speaking experience
Excellent presentation skill and questioning capabilities
BA/BS degree preferred
Experience in Construction or Finance a plus
Experience with Salesforce.com
GreenSky is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Vimeo's Applied Machine Learning team (AML) is a small, but growing team of Software Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, and Data Scientists with a mission to empower creators using the latest advancements in Machine Learning and AI. With hundreds of millions of users and videos on Vimeo, we're improving our creators' ability to find and understand our content. That means we bridge disciplines that include computer vision, search algorithms, information retrieval, data enrichment, natural language processing, and data science.
Our engineers work closely with the Product team to help define and articulate a vision for our products and A/B test results. We also work closely with our Core Services and SRE teams to deploy and integrate our work into the larger Vimeo ecosystem. We primarily use Python, Go, and TensorFlow for our models and microservices, with RESTful integrations to the main application stack which is in PHP and React.
What you'll do:
Move fast to help build AML prototypes
Plan and deliver features that improve the creative, collaborative and productive experience for Vimeo's creator users
Collaborate with other teams to determine API needs and implementation
Partner with product managers to refine and prioritize requirements, estimate and scope work, and time releases
Help improve ML model deployment, automation and monitoring throughout the system
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
A strong understanding of indexing, search, information retrieval and relevance
Knowledge of machine learning and other predictive modeling techniques and tools like TensorFlow or PyTorch.
Mastery of at least one server-side language such as Go, Java, PHP or Python
Solid understanding of API design
Strong communication skills and the ability to work across many products and teams
Strong portfolio of public code (GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.)
Practical experience with Elasticsearch
Distributed Systems and Processing experience.
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 80 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world's largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We're committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Directs the overall sales organization in assigned area.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible for managing the sales achievement of the organizations objective for products or services in a defined geographic region.
May also have responsibility for service, technical sales consultants, product sales specialists, global, engineering and/or professional services.
Has primary responsibility for supervision and development of Sales Managers. Achieves unit, revenue and expense objectives within assigned area. Responsible for meeting assigned financial and sales volume objectives. Broad knowledge of business, industry, and company necessary to solve unique and highly complex problems.
Works on very complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible factors.
Responsible for the effective operation of activities of major significance to the organization.
Ensures that budgets, schedules, and performance standards are realistically set and attained.
Decides, sets and implements short-term plans.
Develops tactical strategy to accomplish plans. Executes on Sr. leadership strategic direction.
Education: Typically a Bachelors or Advanced degree is preferred.
Experience: Typically requires 10 or more years of experience and at least two years of management responsibility.
Job ID 1857560 Date posted 12/08/2018
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!