Property Representative (Claims) 1
Who we are.
American National is a successful and stable corporation guided by five core values: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork. We are among America's Most Trustworthy Financial Companies according to Forbes. We've spent the last 110+ years earning this reputation and we work each day to expand this legacy. We know we're not just selling insurance, we're providing security and peace of mind to our 5 million policyholders.
The growth, innovation and success of American National are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering exceptional service to our clients. Success begins and ends with our people. Their loyalty and dedication to American National is why we're successful.
If you share our values and can contribute to our mission of providing the highest quality service to our clients, we want to hear from you!
Why join us?
We know that our employees' lives encompass much more than the time they spend at work. To help them maintain a healthy work/life balance, we've compiled a generous benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and referral bonuses.
We've also incorporated unique benefits like our volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a non-profit of their choice. Healthy employees are productive employees so we also have a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
Property Representative (Claims)
American National has an exciting opportunity for those that are technically inclined, including HVAC contractors that seek a change in office space from the attic to a home-office position. The Property Claims team is seeking a full-time team member who has work experience with HVAC systems, compressors, water tanks, plumbing, or a qualified electrician. The ideal candidate should be an expert in one of the noted areas and be comfortable with phone and face to face communication, as you will investigate, evaluate, negotiate, and settle property claims.
* Manage first party losses primarily related to equipment breakdown and service claims valued at $50K or lower
* Review and evaluate contractor invoices and bids related to equipment breakdown and service line repairs-Determining coverage and negotiating with policyholders and/or contractors to obtain resolution
* Confirms coverage and the facts of loss through an initial investigation
* Determines the appropriate method of inspection or review of the facts
* Ensures compliance with state regulations and requirements
* Focuses on proper fact-gathering, investigation and the resolution of all claims considered to be moderate complexity
* High school diploma required; Work experience in heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) field or similar mechanical/equipment related trade, strongly preferred
* 4-year completed degree in related field desired, not required
* One-year claims handling work experience beneficial; Candidates with HVAC or similar technical experience will be considered in lieu of claims experience
* Adjuster license (preferred) or willingness to obtain following date of hire (American National's expense)
* Maintain continuing education (CE) requirements for state licensing, when appropriate
* Must be an effective and organized multi-tasker, with the ability to adapt to a slower pace when items require your undivided attention for review
* Must be comfortable managing difficult conversations with ease and confidence
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, required
* Strong negotiation and organizational skills
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) with the ability to utilize multiple systems simultaneouslyand effectively; Ability to navigate a computer system with dual monitors
The preceding job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates always have the ability to determine their application status by logging into our Career Portal.
Learn more about our culture by following us on social media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: @CareerswithAN
American National is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
Get Jobs Emailed to You
Sign up to receive new job alerts by email.
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
"If you believe you can make a difference in the lives of our clients, if you're willing to work hard, if you want a fulfilling career, and if your values match ours, then I want you to work for American National. " – James Pozzi, President and CEO.
Nearest Major Market: Albany
Job Segment: Claims, Social Media, Insurance, Marketing
POST JOBS FOR FREE