School Psychologist Job Description Sample
School Psychologist/Bilingual School Psychologist - Las Vegas, NV
School Psychologist/Bilingual School Psychologist—Las Vegas, NV
Come join one of the fastest growing school districts in the country! Clark County, NV operates one of the nation's largest school construction and modernization programs.
The Columbus Organization is a proud partner of Clark County School District and is pleased to announce new full time openings for School Psychologists and Bilingual School Psychologists. Interviews now being scheduled .
Columbus offers excellent compensation and sign on bonus complimented by a fully loaded benefits package which includes: medical, prescription drug card, vision plan, dental insurance, short and long term disability, 401k with employer contribution, continuing education allowance, reimbursement for licensure/certification and relocation assistance. Don't forget an added financial benefit.....no state income tax in Nevada!
To apply, submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 1-888-379-2524.
- Master's Degree in School Psychology from a NASP approved program
- For bilingual positions, must be fluent in English/Spanish
Its founding mission was to make a difference in the lives of people with special needs and its guiding principle has been to provide high-quality services in a manner that maintains the dignity and privacy of the consumers and families served.
We have an immediate job opening for a full time School Psychologist to work in the state of South Carolina. This job opportunity won't last long and we offer paid relocation, full benefits, certification reimbursements, and much more!
School Psychology job duties include
- Administer testing;
- Prepare evaluations;
- Work well with administration, staff and families;
- Attend IEP and perform other general school psychologist duties;
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal skills;
- Highly organized;
- Attend meetings;
- Experience with 504 Plans
- Solid understanding of Medicaid billing
- Master's or Doctorate Degree (30+ semester hours) from an accredited university or college.
- School Psychologist II Certification
- Active SC State Certification.
- Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP).
- Familiar with SC enrich program.
For more information regarding this contract School Psychology job opening, please contact: Ruth Ann at 727-614-0209 or send an updated resume to: email@example.com
POSITION SUMMARY : The school psychologist delivers school-based psycho-educational services that improve student performance, enhance student educational success, and promote the mental health interests of children and youth. Services include consultation, support for interventions, assessment and evaluation, professional development, and school improvement activities. The school psychologist is expected to adhere to applicable federal and state laws and regulations (i.e., Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Individual with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEA), Nevada Administrative Code (NAC), Section 504, as well as AIM and Department policies and procedures. This person will report directly to a supervising Special Education Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
1. Using consultation and collaborative problem solving with school personnel and parents to address student learning, behavior, mental health, and social issues.
2. Assisting parents with referring the student to appropriate community agencies when needed.
3. Working directly with students, educators, and parents in a systematic process of intervention assistance and short-term support services that may focus on academic or behavioral interventions and supports, learning strategies, counseling services, social skills instruction, and other targeted services for support of instruction and intervention.
4. Assisting with school-based Response to Instruction (RTI) Team operations, including the development of Individualized Intervention Plans for at-risk students and support for implementation of curriculum-based measurement (CBM) practices for universal screening and progress monitoring. 5. Conducting assessments and evaluations in conjunction with teachers, parents, and other related services personnel in relation to student academic performance and achievement, student progress, learning aptitude, social/emotional development, adaptive functioning, and other relevant domains. 6. Using eligibility standards (IDEA, NAC; Section 504), Department procedures, and a variety of assessment techniques to assist the Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) in determining student eligibility for special education services or student need for reasonable accommodations.
7. Writing comprehensive MDT Evaluation Reports following Department standards.
8. Assisting the Individualized Education Program (IEP) Team, as needed, in developing appropriate services for identified special education students.
9. Assisting the MDT Team, as needed, in developing reasonable accommodations for identified Section 504 students.
10. Promoting and advancing mental health issues relevant to students and families.
11. Actively support the functioning of the school-based crisis team to include training and support for implementation of the Suicide Intervention Protocol, Legal 2000 procedures, transition supports for students returning to school from hospitalization, and mental health screenings, as needed.
12. Serving in additional capacities, such as conducting professional development activities for school staff members regarding best practices and supporting school improvement activities.
13. Actively promoting and supporting Department initiatives associated with the District’s RTI Framework including; but not limited to, the monitoring of disproportionality in special education, development of School Wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS), and implementation of the RTI Assessment Protocol.
14. Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position, as assigned.
Education and Training: Master’s (MA or MS) or Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a concentration in school psychology. Licenses and Certifications:
1. Must possess, or be able to acquire, a license endorsement as a school psychologist from the Nevada Department of Education including:
- a. Completion of a minimum of 60 graduate credits in identified areas of study for school psychology; and
- b. Completion of a full (1,000 hour minimum) supervised internship in school psychology; or, c. Hold a certificate as a nationally certified school psychologist issued by the National School Psychology Certification System of the National Association of School Psychologists.
2. A valid driver’s license that allows the applicant/employee to legally operate an insured motor vehicle in Nevada.
Sea Change Staffing is currently seeking a School Psychologist for a school district near Long Beach, CA for immediate placement. The position is for 2-day per week assignment.
Duties include but are not limited to: Conduct Psycho-Educational Evaluations, Attend IEP Meetings, Provide Consultation to School and IEP Team Personnel
Master's degree in School Psychology, PPS Credential in School Psychology, 1 year prior school psychology experience
Preferred skills: Bilingual
School Psychologist K-12
Austin Centers for Exceptional Students is a group of state approved special education schools serving public school students with emotional disabilities, autism, intellectual disabilities and behavioral challenges. The ACES is the largest private provider of special education services in Arizona. We serve over 600 K-12 students, ranging in age from five to twenty-one, from 65 school districts and charter schools. The goal for every student at The ACES is to increase the student’s academic level to the point that they will be able to succeed in public school, eliminate inappropriate behaviors and replace them with behaviors that are acceptable in a classroom environment, and return the student to public school as quickly as possible. We have campuses located in Peoria, Phoenix, Tempe and Gilbert.We are growing and in search of a Full-Time/Part-Time School Psychologist for our Tempe and Gilbert campuses. Qualified applicants will hold an Arizona Department of Education Certification in School Psychology and have a minimum of 5 years experience in a school district.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interfacing with public school representatives for referrals
- Conducting parent tours of the campuses
- Programming to meet the specific needs of the students
- Assisting with the transitioning of students back to the public school system
- Conduct or participate in meetings including IEP's
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Act as a professional consultant to our professional staff
- Assist campus principals in programming for students
Certified School Psychologist
PTS, Inc. is seeking Certified School Psychologists for a local school district in Berks County, PA:
- Full-time, 8am to 4pm
- Elementary aged students in one building
- Initial Evaluations, Gifted Testing, and Re-evaluations to be completed
Why you should join the PTS team:
- PTS offers job stability and growth through advanced career opportunities.
- We offer competitive rates with reimbursement for documentation, meeting attendance, and report writing.
- PTS provides mentorship with Clinical Directors and Team Leaders.
- School Based Academy: We provide the support and community a new School Based therapist needs to feel comfortable and be successful.
- Lending Library: PTS recognizes the additional expense in providing evaluation materials. We have an extensive library of testing tools and assessments for psychologists to borrow as needed.
Certified School Psychologist
- PA State License in Psychology
- PDE Certification as a School Psychologist
- Child Abuse, State, and
Certified School Psychologist
- Provide counseling, instruction, and mentoring for students struggling with social, emotional, and behavioral difficulties
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to evaluate eligibility for special education services
- Increase student achievement by assessing barriers to learning and determining the best instructional strategies to meet individual needs
- Design and implement interventions and student progress monitoring systems
- Support effective individualized instruction
- Help to create positive classroom environments
- Collect and analyze data related to school improvement, student outcomes, and accountability requirements
- Promote school policies and programs that ensure the safety of all students by reducing school violence, bullying, and harassment and that help to maintain positive school climates conducive to learning
- Respond to crisis by providing leadership, direct services, and referrals to community support services when needed
The Drive Mind Group works with area schools to provide part-time and full-time support of School Psychologist to work directly in schools to provide services to students. This is a perfect opportunity for new professionals, retired professionals and professionals looking to get back into the work force with a flexible work schedule.
We are currently seeking a School or Clinical Psychologist who will conduct psychological evaluations of students, prepare evaluation team reports, and serve multidisciplinary teams. Additional roles may include providing counseling services, FBAs, support to RTI teams, etc. as needed. Opportunities for supervision and leadership roles in school psychology are also available.
- Psychologist must possess a Masters in School Psychology or Clinical Psychology.
- Experience in cognitive, achievement, and behavioral assessments.
- Must possess knowledge of Ohio Education Code, Ohio Code of Regulations and Office of Education schools policies, rules, and regulations regarding programs and pupils.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work effectively with professional personal in carrying out effective instructional or remediation program.
- Must have working knowledge of modern office technology, equipment and procedures.
- Experience in compliance monitoring of state and federal regulations regarding special education including facilitation IEP meetings.
- A valid Ohio drivers license, automobile insurance with a minimum of $100,000.00 liability coverage, and ability to drive to various sites to provide services a must.
- Must pass a current background check through the BCI and FBI.
- Must hold a current California School Psychologist certification
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school
- Must have at least 1 year of experience
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Relocation, Housing, and Travel Expenses
- 401K Retirement Plan
Part-Time or Full-Time
Locations: All NYC Boroughs
- Staten Island
City Pro Group, Inc provides state of the art services to children with developmental delays and disabilities. An industry leader in both the evaluation and treatment of children on the autistic spectrum, City Pro Group, Inc. seeks to help each child reach his or her full potential.
You will be providing evidence-based, behavioral therapy to children on the autistic spectrum. Our multi-modal program incorporates both directive and naturalistic teaching methods tailored to the specific needs of each client and family.
- Provide in-home and community-based Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy
- Identify and address learning and behavior problems that interfere with school success
- Support child’s social, emotional and behavioral health
- Teach parenting skills and enhance home-school collaboration
- Design and implement academic and behavioral interventions
- Ability to work closely with children between the ages of 0-3
- Comfortable communicating with family or caregivers of children
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, around the needs of the client
- Candidates must possess the necessary license, registration or certification to provide early intervention services.
- Current New York School Psychologist certificate; Special Students with Disabilities certificate a plus
- Master’s degree in School Psychology
- Competitive hourly rate
- Make your own schedule
- ABA support and complimentary ABA training
- Free workshops and Continuing Education Credits offered
City Pro Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to make all personnel decisions without discriminating on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, and any other protected status.
Bilingual School Psychologist
"Mundo Verde is not only a place of transformation for our students and families, but also for the teacher leaders, teacher learners who work tirelessly to create a unique place of love and learning." ~ MV founding principal and parent
We are seeking a Bilingual School Psychologist to support students’ ability to access the general education environment and curriculum to achieve at high standards. He/she applies expertise in mental health, learning, and behavior to help children academically, socially, emotionally, and behaviorally. The School Psychologist diagnoses mental disorders and provides therapeutic services and supports students’ social and emotional growth.
To be considered for the Bilingual School Psychologist visit http://www.mundoverdepcs.org/employment/ to complete an application and submit a resume/cover letter. Starting salaries are directly correlated to candidate's experience.
- Conduct observations/screenings/evaluations and write corresponding reports with recommendations
- Disseminate rating scales and interpret and report results/conclusions
- Design Tier I and II social/emotional/behavioral strategies, interventions, and supports
- Conduct Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA) and use them to inform the creation of Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP)
- Develop draft IEPs to include: Present Levels of Functional Performance, Accommodations, Modifications, Supplementary Aids and Supports, and Goals
- Deliver direct and indirect related services consistent with the IEP and 504 Plan
- Maintain regular service trackers
- Monitor and report student progress triennially and during ESY
- Develop draft 504 accommodations
- Conduct risk assessments
- Develop/implement bullying prevention programs
- Respond to crisis situations
- Consult on cases involving child abuse/neglect and homelessness
- Support school safety by assisting with student arrival and dismissal procedures
- Participate in school events outside of regular school hours (i.e. Learning Expos, open houses, etc.)
- Increase parent engagement and staff expertise through the creation of a parent/professionalsocial/emotional/behavioral Resource Center and training opportunities
- Increase student achievement by identifying and addressing social/emotional/behavioral barriers to learning
- Promote student wellness and resilience
- Contribute to the creation of an engaging learning environment and safe, positive school climate
- Reduce schoolwide behavioral incidents
- Strengthen the effectiveness of Restorative Practices
- Reduce/eliminate inappropriate referrals to special education
- Master’s degree in psychology from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Successful completion of the period of required supervised fieldwork
- Valid license to practice as a school psychologist in DC
- Familiarity with the DC Municipal Regulations for Psychology
- Commitment to adhere to the American Psychology Association (APA) Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct
- At least 3 years experience working as a school psychologist, preferably in a diverse or bilingual public or public charter school
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
To be considered for the Bilingual School Psychologist visit http://www.mundoverdepcs.org/employment/ to complete an application and submit a resume/cover letter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!