Software Developer Job Description Sample
Software Developer / PHP Developer
Software Developer / PHP Developer - Tampa tech firm seeks a PHP Software Developer skilled in updating legacy programs to join their team.
This is a full time job working only 6 hours a day!! You will work Monday-Friday from 9am to 4pm with a one hour lunch break. This pays up to $65,000 a year with potential pay increases every six months.
You will be working with clients troubleshooting and updating legacy programs as well as working on developing new software programs for client’s website shopping carts using PHP.
In order to be considered you must:
- Have high level PHP software skills for app development.
- Be well versed in My SQL, Adobe, Apache
- Know Quickbooks and Excel as well as how to develop a shopping cart and billing modules on multiple browsers.
- Be familiar with social networking sites.
If you prefer a career with fixed hours and no overtime in a friendly firm where everyone knows everyone else, and the emphasis is on quality, then please send your resume now for immediate consideration.
Software Engineer / Software Developer (Product Portfolio)
Harmony Healthcare IT provides technology solutions for healthcare organizations by safeguarding protected clinical information, increasing productivity and maximizing cash flow. We specialize solely in healthcare technology—driving accessibility, security, efficiency and quality for our customers who rely on accurate clinical data to provide care for their patients. We are best known for our excellence in data extraction, migration and retention of healthcare records ensuring system reliability and data integrity 24/7. We are growing and seek to add key members to our team to help continue our mission of helping the healthcare system work better for everyone.
A Software Engineer on the product team works to develop, refine, refactor, and extend software in our product portfolio. A successful candidate could have a background in full-stack web application development, middleware and web-service development, or front-end/SPA development—we’re looking for good people and can fit you in the right place.
o Modern Java development, build, and testing tools
Senior Software Developer / Software Engineer
Penacity, LLC is currently seeking an Senior Software Developer/Engineer to join our team!
We are seeking someone who is tired of working on the same project or with the exact same technology for months or years without the possibility of future growth. Those who excel in this role are motivated self-starters who love to work in a collaborative environment and enjoy solving challenging problems and feel comfortable working directly with customers as well as on innovative internal development efforts.
Experience with any of the following is an added bonus:
As a Veteran Owned Small Business with VA VOSB certification, Penacity is committed to excellence and creating innovative and cutting-edge security solutions for our State and Federal Clients.
Sr. Software Developer / Software Engineer
We are seeking a Sr. Software Developer / Software Engineer to become an integral part of our team! You will be responsible for creating and modifying computer application software or specialized utility programs.
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
• Ensure compliance to Key Design Principles, Application layering in design, and best practices in management of Components, Modules, and Functions
• Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product
• Perform code reviews against product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
• Contribute to defining all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
• Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
• Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
• Collaborate with team & benchmarking to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
• Proven experience as software architect
• Expert in software development and coding in various languages (strong experience in C# is required)
• Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
• Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods
• Understanding of software quality assurance principles
• A team player with excellent communication skills
• Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
• Great attention to detail and time-management skills
• High quality organizational and leadership skills
• Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field; MSc/MA in computer science, engineering or relevant field appreciated
Software Developer Trainee - Software Developer Trainee
Software Developer Trainee - Software Developer Trainee Hiring department FIS Monthly salary $3,333 Hours per week 40.00 Standard from 800AM to 500PM Posting number 18-02-12-01-9361 Job Status Open FLSA status Non-exempt Earliest Start Date 02/19/2018 Position Duration Funding expected to continue Position open to all applicants Location Austin (main campus) Number of vacancies 1 General Notes Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis for any employer. Applicants must make a grade of "A" on the programming aptitude test before officially applying for the position.
Applicants can take this test every 24 months and the score will remain valid for 24 months. For information regarding the test, visit https://utdirect.utexas.edu/dpscor/enroll_page.WBX. Required Application Materials
A Resume is required in order to apply
A Letter of Interest is required in order to apply.
A List of 3 References is required in order to apply. Additional Information Purpose Software Developer Trainees will learn to design, develop, implement, maintain, and enhance computer-based information systems that ensure efficiency and accuracy and meet business needs for the Financial Information Systems team (FIS) within Financial and Administrative Services (FAS). Essential Functions Conduct a full range of programming tasks including analysis, coding, and debugging of complex program logic.
Establish test procedures, test, and debug programs. Determine data needs and entity relationships; design database structures for efficient and effective data storage and retrieval. Develop user-friendly, standards-compliant application interfaces.
Determine clients' business requirements, evaluate alternatives, and make recommendations to meet business constraints and satisfy existing and future software needs. Adhere to software coding and documentation standards. Communicate with and train internal and external clients.
Teach formal or informal courses on programming or related technical topics. Efficiently manage time and resources within a software development project. Marginal/Incidental functions Other related functions as assigned.
Required qualifications Grade of "A" on the programming aptitude test; see General Notes section above. Demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems and propose and implement good solutions. Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and teamwork skills.
Resourceful problem solver. Exhibited professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal skills. Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
The University will not support H1B applications for this position. Preferred Qualifications Self-directed. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
Demonstrated ability to conduct group conferences, seminars, system presentations to user groups, and information-gathering interviews. Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of people. Demonstrated ability to teach in a classroom setting.
Bachelor's degree or higher. Working conditions May work around standard office conditions Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation Use of manual dexterity Work performed on concurrent multiple projects under pressure of rigid deadlines and/or time limitations. A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length. The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification form, I-9. You will be required to present acceptable, original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Information from the documents will be submitted to the federal E-Verify system for verification.
Documents must be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in dismissal. UT Austin is a Tobacco-free Campus
Software Developer I/Jr. Software Developer - Business Operations Support
Job Description: We are looking for someone to help revolutionize a web development shop currently focused on SharePoint but needs to move beyond that to more innovative business process automation.
You will be asked to review customer requirements, make recommendations for improvements, and then implement solutions to business operations utilizing multiple technology/software combinations. Experience with SharePoint design, Atlassian products (JIRA and Confluence) is a must. Experience with other business operations automations products like ServiceNow is a plus. This is an opportunity to grow in experience and expertise supporting the information technology team while assisting the entire USCYBERCOM organization Required Skills Minimum two (2) years of experience in application software development Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline This position requires the ability to pass an additional layer of security review Bachelor’s Degree = One year of experience Master’s Degree = Two years of experience Ph.D. = Three years of experience ACTIVE TS/SCI + POLY REQUIREDPreferred Experience with business process automation. Tracking Code: 1696-677 Job Location: Fort Meade, Maryland, United States
- Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular
Java Software Engineer / Java Software Developer
Java Software Engineer – Growing Education Technology Company seeks an experienced Java Software Engineer / Java Software Developer to create new back-end services that will help to improve the speed, reliability and efficiency of their applications. You will work at their offices in downtown Tampa.
You will earn a salary of up to $90,000 a year, based on your experience. Plus, you will enjoy a generous benefits package.
To qualify for this Java Engineer position, you must have at least four (4) years of previous experience as a Java Engineer. In addition, you must:
- Have experience developing and designing API’s (Application Programming Interface).
- Have experience using Spring Hibernate, Apache Maven, and JUnit softwares.
- Have experience using SQL and NoSQL programming languages.
- Have knowledge of OAuth 2
- Have experience developing and designing micro services.
If you are a highly skilled Java Engineer with a great understanding of the principles of application design and user interface, and seek a promising new career at a growing company, then please send your resume, in complete confidentiality, for immediate consideration.
Software Engineer / Software Developer In Test
Software Engineer / Software Development Engineer in
- Pay Rate: $60/HR - $70/HR
- Job Type:
- Duration: 12+ months
- Job Location: San Diego, CA
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON W-2. WE ARE UNABLE TO WORK ON CORP-TO-CORP AGREEMENTS.
Our Client is seeking a Software Engineer / Software Development Engineer in Test with experience with Java Spring stack who has used JUnit or TestNG, for Unit Testing.
- 75-80% development Spring/Java. 20-25% – formal quality
- Utilize testing frameworks like SoapUI, TestNG, JUnit, etc.
- 3-5 years Java software development (as a Developer)
- 2-3 years Spring framework experience
- Experience with white box testing and test automation frameworks/harnesses (JUnit, TestNG, REST Assured)
Software Developer - Wordpress Developer
This position works alongside our lead developer in the creation of custom WordPress themes, plugins, and any and all custom functionality required to accomplish the project goals.
What we do
We specialize in taking on our clients’ business goals and creating custom solutions, from design and copywriting to development. Clients come to us because they’ve tried the in-house or off the shelf solution and found it wanting. When they’re ready for a web presence that is purpose-built for their business needs, they come to us.
The right person for this job
- Is strategically minded: Always thinking 3 moves ahead. Will what we’re building today impede future development, or enable an easy transition?
- Addicted to learning: Because the internet isn’t sitting still, and neither can we
- User centric: Who is the user? Why should they care? And how can we keep them from having to stop and think while using our interface?
- Asks for help: Everyone here supports each other in their roles, sharing our expertise so that each of us gets the benefit of our cross-disciplinary team
- Managed DNS records to move a domain to new hosting, setup email, etc
- Have used cPanel/WHM to manage hosting
- Experience translating designs from PSD’s into custom WP themes
- Experience creating custom plugins to handle unique functionality
- Use CSS preprocessor such as SASS (not a requirement but a strong asset)
- Familiar with Advanced Custom Fields, WooCommerce, and Gravity Forms
- API Integration experience with CRMs, E-commerce, Payment Processing, Single-Sign-On, Content Feeds, etc…
- Setting up domain and hosting on our server
- Configuring customer DNS appropriately
- Configuring payment processing
- Setting up WP with custom theme and/or child theme and core plugins
- Creation of responsive user experience
- Test payment processing and website functionality across devices
- 3+ years of experience developing and launching WordPress powered websites
- Experience developing custom WordPress themes would indicate the required level of expertise
- Experience using cPanel and working with hosting and DNS to launch websites
- Comfortable working remotely with limited supervision and able to follow provided documentation
- Applicants must be able to provide live site-examples of custom theme development
We are a small, tight knit company designing and developing custom websites, plugins and generally live and breathe WordPress 24/7.
Remote Position - Part to Full Time:
This position does have the option of remote work if desired, however a local presence is preferred during the on-boarding process. Candidates are likely to start with a part-time "trial project" with a full-time offer contingent on a successful trial period.
We are currently a small team of 6-8 people. The office environment is casual, friendly, and you'll be part of a tight nit team that gets direct exposure to client-work. You'll be doing projects where you can see the impact of your work and get quick feedback to continually improve the project you work on and grow your own skills and experience over the long haul.
If you're working here, you're always learning, tackling new challenges, and developing as a professional - and you're working with a team that cares about doing the same.
Software Developer / Senior Software Developer / S
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!