South San Francisco Job Description Sample
Sales - Territory Manager
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
This position is responsible for selling all Apria products and services in the assigned sales territory. The Territory Manager works closely with branch staff, and the Customer Care Center to focus efforts on increasing sales. This position collects documents required for billing based on Apria policy. This position is also responsible for meeting both revenue and profitability goals for their assigned sales territory. The Territory Manager works with the Market Leader to develop and execute specific strategies to achieve these sales, customer satisfaction and profitability goals.
Conducts daily sales calls to establish new and maintain ongoing business with referral sources in the medical community.
Validates and develops territory call plans to qualify new and maintain existing accounts to grow the business.
Enters call plan and logs calls along with the decisions and outcomes into the "Sales Management System" (SMS).
Uses Apria reports and data such as target ratings to identify referral targets and helps in validating as well as updating of incorrect/old data.
Partners with the Market Leader to review sales territory call plan to achieve strategic goals.
Educates referral sources on the use and application of Apria products and services.
Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction by resolving and following up on customer concerns.
Partners with branch management and staff as well as other functional areas within the company to drive sales growth.
Communicates and explains Medicare guidelines around private insurance procedures, pricing information, and product information to referral sources.
Maintains accurate records on prospective and active accounts ensuring information is sent to reimbursement offices for billing and collection.
Ensures billing documentation is complete and accurate.
Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
Minimum Required Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
A four year college degree is required.
Must have experience in one of the following: military service, prior leadership in athletic, academic or voluntary service activities.
Must be highly motivated, flexible, and service-oriented.
Should have strong presentation and communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external customers.
Willingness to participate in ongoing training and development.
Geographically located within the assigned territory.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be considered for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires occasional sitting with constant standing, walking, and regularly kneeling, and stooping.
The position requires the constant use of hands to write, use computers, and manipulate papers.
The position requires constant talking and hearing.
The position requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The position requires occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k).
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
Infant/Toddler Resource Teacher
Crafting enriching experiences
As a child care teacher at Bright Horizons, we help you explore your age group preference with opportunities to work with Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers. You'll enjoy a warm and supportive environment where you are encouraged to share your passion for early childhood education with children, parents and co-workers. You will work alongside a talented team of educators in state-of-the-art classrooms and pass on your love of learning to young, eager minds. Your guidance and positive reinforcement will help set the stage for many incredible milestones to come.
At Bright Horizons, you'll also find opportunities to experience personal and professional breakthroughs of your own. As a company with a learning culture, you will discover your full potential through state-of-the-art online training, leadership development and tuition reimbursement. Additionally, our company culture invites you to bring your whole self to work, because it is our unique attributes, perspectives and backgrounds that make us a stronger team.
How will you inspire our future generation?
What you will do as a Child Care Teacher
Feel a sense of accomplishment as you hear the laughter and experience the wonder of children participating in activities you planned
Observe children's interests and work with co-workers to develop creative ideas for engaging curriculum
Record and share children's triumphs and progress with parents, relating that continued safety and attention to their individual basic care needs is a top priority
Communicate with parents on a daily basis, sharing their children's latest adventures and achievements through a variety of avenues, including mobile apps and personal discussions
Live our HEART principles of Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork
What we are looking for
Minimum age of 18
Hold a High School Diploma/GED
Previous experience working with young children
Meet state educational licensing and additional center/school requirements
A passion for child care and making a difference in the lives of young children
We do give preference to child care teachers with the following:
CDA or Associate's degree in Early Childhood education or related field
Have 12 months of professional teaching experience in a classroom
Bright Horizons – A fresh perspective on learning
In addition to being the leading provider of high quality child care and early education, Bright Horizons is the only child care company repeatedly named by FORTUNE as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For". We are passionate about building an organization where you can make an impact on future generations. It begins with the educators that we hire, and by helping you grow with us. We support a well-rounded, individualized curriculum that is fully engaging and tailored to each child's developmental needs. This visionary approach helps craft enriching experiences, and empowers children to be confident and successful lifelong learners.
Benefits we offer
Career path opportunities
Extensive health benefits
Comprehensive tuition reimbursement
Volunteer opportunities through the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children
Health club discounts
Cell phone discounts and much more
Bright Horizons is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination. Bright Horizons complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the recruitment helpdesk at 855-877-6866 or email@example.com. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Having technical issues with your online application? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-877-6866.
Head Of Intellectual Property
At Alector, our mission is to develop therapies that empower the immune system to cure neurodegeneration. Our team is solely focused on developing cures for some of the most challenging diseases facing our society. We are supported in this mission by experienced and accomplished scientists and board members, leading healthcare investors and some of the most innovative pharma companies.
Do you desire to play a leadership role in developing Alector's Intellectual Property strategy? Would you like to be part of a dynamic team where everyone has a voice? Use your intellectual property law, scientific, and business skills to help us achieve our mission of saving lives by curing neurodegenerative diseases and cancer.
We are seeking Head of Intellectual Property to serve as a key member of the Alector legal team. You will advise on intellectual property legal practice including patent portfolio strategy development, diligence, as well as transactional matters. You will be able to partner with business groups across the company, including research, clinical, and business development functions and have broad involvement in work central to Alector’s strategic goals. You will apply your existing technical skills, learn new skills, and play a key role in helping grow the company and guide its direction.During the first year, your goals will include:
- Collaborate across departments to provide practical intellectual property advice in alignment with business strategies and objectives.
- Develop and manage a multilayered strategic patent portfolio, including drafting and prosecuting patent applications worldwide, to create an intellectual property portfolio aligned with the strategy of Alector.
- Conduct due diligence (including freedom-to-operate, infringement and validity analyses). Analyze and advise business on navigating identified IP risks
- Manage all aspects of global patent portfolio procurement, including pre- and post-grant proceedings, reissues, reexaminations and opposition practices, and adverse proceedings as they may arise.
- Collaborate and provide IP support for agreements (including MTAs, CDAs, research collaborations, and licensing agreements).
- Manage outside legal counsel and oversight of deliverables for relevant tasks and projects.
As the Head of Intellectual Property at Alector, you will have the opportunity to develop a broad intellectual property strategy and guide the business. You should be intellectually curious and ready to enthusiastically take on novel intellectual property and industry issues. You will be expected to analyze information and have the ability to effectively advise senior management and team members.
At Alector, we believe that high-performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives and bring creative ideas to the table. We are committed to building an open, diverse, and inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Alector is a phenomenal place to learn and experiment. If you excel in a dynamic environment where everyone is committed to finding a cure, where you’ll drive growth, this is the role for you. There is no limit to how far you can go with us.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Advanced degree in the life sciences is required; Ph.D. preferred.
- JD degree from an accredited law school with membership in good standing at a state bar and admission to practice before the USPTO.
- 10+ years of experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications, developing strategic patent portfolios, conducting patentability and freedom to operate analyses. Experience supporting antibody technology preferred. Experience in both industry and law firm settings also preferred.
- Experience with transactional work and licensing a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
While we’ve focused on what to look forward to during the first year and beyond, Day One is great, too: committed and driven colleagues, bold and important company goals, brightly-lit offices in the heart of the biotech hub, competitive compensation and benefits. But these matter only if you’re excited to build and own something great and address these challenges with us. Come join us.
Associate Director/Director Of Human Resources
As an Associate Director/Director of Human Resources your job duties will include, but not limited to:
- Build, implement, and oversee a successful culture of people development and compliance to meet the company’s goals by collaborating with senior leaders across the company to drive results.
- Implement best practices in Human Resources to attract and retain talent and offer best in class benefits.
- Analyze and modify the benefits and compensation plans to ensure that they are staying competitive in the market.
- Annually review and offer recommendations to senior management on improving the organizations policies and procedures to help attain improvements and compliance in human resources.
- Maintain the organizations compliance with federal and state HR laws and regulations.
- Lead compensation, benefits, and performance management programs.
- Lead the annual review process for the company.
- Lead succession planning and address staffing needs for the company and assist with creating a recruitment plan to ensure staffing needs are met.
- Manage the annual human resources budget.
- Oversee training and people development programs. Re-vamp new hire orientation program, run an annual engagement survey, and develop managers and create a leadership training program.
- Preserve and improve the company’s culture of feedback. Facilitate and innovate an open-door feedback process to make feedback a constructive and effective way of life within the organization.
- Participate on teams, committees and special products to help make a difference in the organization and establish a high performing and thriving company culture.
You Are The Perfect Person If You Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of experience leading and managing human resources.
- Life Sciences experience is highly preferred.
- You must be a leader in employee relations, professional development initiatives, performance and talent management, manager training, and culture building.
- A stand-up employee with impeccable integrity, strong values, and ethics.
- Excellent leadership, management, and organizational skills.
- Results driven professional that can produce outcomes with a laser focus on critical business demands.
- An ability to build trust and credibility across the company to encourage an open door and open communication environment.
- Must be confident and an expert in the HR field to offer sound advice and lead the company’s HR direction.
- Must be proficient in MS Office with the ability to analyze data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
Account Manager With IT Staffing Experience - Part Time Or Full Time (Remote)
Type of role: Salary plus commission (full-time or part-time)
Location: Near Foster City, CA
An established IT staffing company seeks an experienced Account Manager to take over customer account management responsibilities with existing clients in the South San Francisco area, preferably someone who lives in or near Foster City.
We’re looking for a self-motivated sales-oriented professional who values productivity and customer engagement. You will have the ability to work remotely from your home office, but will be expected to be on-site with customers at least three days per week. This position can be structured as full time or part-time (three days per week minimum), and offers a base salary with generous commissions.
We are looking for an Account Manager to strengthen and create long-term, trusting relationships with our existing customers. The Account Manager’s role is to interact with customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new sales opportunities. You will acquire and clarify technical requirements, follow up on candidate interviews and work closely with the recruiting team throughout the sales, recruiting, placement and on-boarding process.
The successful applicant will focus on acquiring additional customers from existing client companies who can benefit from our service offerings, as well as strengthening ties with existing customers. As Account Manager, you will be responsible for meeting weekly with client managers while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and professionalism. You will report to the VP of Operations and manage a minimum of 4 to 6 accounts at any given time.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of experience in account management, preferably in the IT staffing industry
- Advanced problem resolution skills and communication abilities
- Excellent ability to interpret complex technical requirements and seek appropriate clarification from clients when necessary.
- Ability to acquire and clarify customers’ needs and match them with appropriate candidates and skill sets.
- Comfort with working with IT managers and directors in a professional fast-paced environment.
Senior Human Resources Manager
The Senior Human Resources Manager works closely with the executive management team to enact company vision and strategy. The position will consult with the Chief Operating Officer on hiring, performance management, workforce planning, secession planning, development and compensation plans; driving recruiting activities; consulting on employment practices, leading and sustaining change and the launch of new HR initiatives; and ensure full compliance to company policies and procedures.
Minimum Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, directs and provides overall leadership and policy guidance and review to the continuing work of the Human Resources Department; makes determinations and decisions in the most difficult or critical cases.
- Administers the performance management system, ensuring consistency, quality, and timeliness of employee performance reviews.
- Handles the administration of HR policies and procedures including researching and writing HR policies that reflect current regulatory requirements as well as providing interpretation and coaching on policies and procedures.
- Oversees the HR department’s annual operating budget to ensure costs are effectively managed.
- Conducts and documents employee investigations.
- Represents company interests during unemployment and worker's compensation investigations.
- Manages the employee hiring process.
- Leads employee life-cycle programs including recruiting/onboarding, training, development, performance coaching, and termination.
- Assists Senior Management in the annual benefits renewal process, including plan design, redesign, and premium rate setting.
- Facilitate resolution of employee benefit-related issues, billing errors, etc.
- Stays abreast of new laws for both state and federal laws concerning healthcare, employee rights, etc.
- Manages the company's benefit plans.
- Oversees and supports the design, development, and implementation of training and development programs to address organizational training needs.
- Oversees and provides organizational development services such as team building, conflict resolution facilitation, coaching, succession planning, strategic planning, and change management.
- Reports on safety to include but not limited to OSHA reporting.
- Oversees payroll administration.
- Provides compensation analysis and classification analyses.
Minimum Training, Education & Experience
- BS/BA Degree required, preferably in HR or related field
- Minimum 5-7 years of HR related experience
- Minimum 3 years strong HR operational experience, i.e. payroll, worker’s compensation, HRIS, staffing
- Minimum 3 years of managing an HR staff
- Experience working with HRIS systems
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office Suite with high level of proficiency in Excel and Word
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently without being micromanaged
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Must have excellent judgment and interpersonal skills
- Must display a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, and emotional maturity
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP is a plus
- Familiarity with ADP Workforce Now a plus
- Experience working with a large non-exempt manual labor workforce is a plus
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
Equal Opportunity Statement for Employment: Blueprint Studios provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Blueprint Studios expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Tenaya Therapeutics is a preclinical-stage, Series A, privately-held biopharmaceutical company backed by The Column Group. The Company was founded in 2016 by leading scientists from the Gladstone Institute’s Cardiovascular Division and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
Tenaya is dedicated to addressing heart failure through multipronged efforts that target the fundamental cellular pathologies present in diseased cardiac muscle and that leverage cutting-edge research in cardiac development and regeneration.
Tenaya has a lead gene therapy program focused on in vivo reprogramming of cardiac fibroblasts to cardiomyocytes to regenerate heart tissue, and additional programs focused on cardiomyopathies.
Tenaya Therapeutics currently has 30+ full-time employees (not including consultants) and is headquartered in
South San Francisco, California, USA.Role:
We seek a Vice President of Finance who will infuse the finance team with their talent, energy and leadership skills. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a corporate culture known for brilliant science and innovation.
The Vice President of Finance will be responsible for FP&A, financial modelling, accounting, reporting and accounting operations for the company. This person will manage the finance department. In addition, this person acts as the analytical engine for the company to provide insights and support optimal business decision making. This role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company.
The position reports to the CEO and, as the company grows, will eventually report to the Chief Financial Officer. The assistant controller, who is responsible for accounting and accounting operations, currently reports to this role.
- Lead company-wide accounting & financial planning and analysis processes, including the annual budget, the 5 year plan, various models as requested, and the monthly, quarterly and annual variance analyses vs actuals.
- With the CEO, assure the alignment of financial resources with the achievement of strategic goals, both long term and short term.
- With the CEO, create strategic models to explore and refine longer term strategy.
- Work cross-functionally on a variety of projects to ensure comprehensive analytical models adequately vet critical business variables.
- Work with the assistant controller to ensure connectivity of all work-streams in finance.
- Work through the assistant controller to assure accuracy all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems to ensure compliance with appropriate accounting principles and industry standard and company-adopted controls.
- Manage relationships with insurance providers.
- Direct the management of the corporate cash portfolio within the parameters set forth in the board-approved investment policy.
- Oversee and ensure integrity and timeliness of all financial statements and tax reporting.
- Lead financial reporting to management, the board and investors.
- Prepare board and management presentations and any ad hoc presentations upon request.
- Other finance duties as required.
- BA/BS in Finance, MBA; CPA a plus.
- 10 to 15 years of life sciences experience in finance, including significant emphasis in FP&A, corporate strategic financial modelling, financial reporting and accounting management.
- Prior people management experience.
- Excellent computer modeling and presentation skills (Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills are necessary).
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP.
Essential Skills, Abilities, and Attitudes
- Unimpeachable integrity
- Ability to work respectfully and effectively with various functions above, across from and underneath the position.
- Fanatical attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Highly-driven and self-motivated.
- Experience working in a rapidly growing start up environment is helpful.
- Commitment to the company’s mission to develop novel therapies to tackle chronic heart failure.
- We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team
- State of the art research facility complete with bowling alley and onsite gym (see the amenities available at The Cove)
- Excellent benefits
- Stock options
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the SSF Ferry
Sr. Site Specialist
Job ID :
US - California - South San Francisco
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Independently performs, verifies, and provides feedback on complex and varied services (registration, delivery, pick-up, and tracking of hazardous materials) for a varied client base.
What will you do?
Reviewing, creating, and maintaining of company data log sheets
Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOPs & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager regarding daily duties
Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems
Pickup of hazardous waste
Assisting in registration of chemicals into a chemical database
Delivery of chemical packages within a laboratory environment
Sustaining and maintaining of chemical stockroom inventory
Ordering of stockroom supplies
Providing customer support to clients
Performing Area Audits of cross-functional areas within ULS
Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
Performs other duties as assigned by management.
How will you get here?
High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and interact with various levels of the customer's organization.
Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
Must be organized and detail oriented to be able to prioritize own and other's work and meet business productivity metrics.
Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues
Listen to customer concerns, effectively diffuse dissatisfaction, and quickly identify course of action with first call resolution within established turnaround times
Must be able to read, write and speak English
Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customers and Thermo Fisher
Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred
Proactive approach to problem solving
Adapt to flexible and changing schedule in short notice
Ability to self-manage and operate independently
Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
Demonstrate sense of urgency
Strong time management and organizational skills
Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
May be required to work independently at customer location
Extensive walking may be required
May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc.)
Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts, hand trucks, and pallet jacks
Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
Must be able to work hours required to get the job done
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Workforce Services Sr. Program Manager
This position supports the Sr. Director of Workforce Services and will be responsible for three primary areas:
Managing Workforce Services' employee outreach and engagement, thus creating two-way dialogue through a variety of channels to help instill a spirit of service, gratitude and community within Genentech. Owning all strategy and business operations aspects of Workforce Services, through streamlined business processes, employee communications, and strategy, purpose and goal alignment. Developing and managing a team of 1-3 centralized program managers that will drive cross-functional, Genentech-wide programs.
This position will be responsible for the interactions with a broad selection of the Genentech population. This will include the topics, channels, and messaging to these audiences. Through these interactions, this person will need to professionally and effectively represent Workforce Services and Site Services programs and intentions, and with the purpose enhancing the overall employee experience, which is a core piece of the Site Services vision and strategy. Additionally, though projects this person or their employees manages, he or she will have contact with large vendors such as Bon Appetit, Compass, BCD Travel, and Allied Universal. This person will also be responsible for managing the budget of Workforce Services, (200+ workforce and $40M) which includes risks and opportunities and working with the leadership team on balancing the resources across the organization.
Manage Workforce Services' Employee Outreach:
Coordinate/lead admin outreach program. Work across Site Services and gEC admins to create seamless, effective, impactful methods to have two-way dialogue.
Own employee engagement strategy. Partner with Corporate Relations to create two-way dialogue environments and channels to capture employee feedback on Workforces Services programs, services, and amenities to help align with the organizations' objectives of instilling a spirit of service, gratitude and community within GNE.
Drive the Workforce Services branding program through partnering with Sr. Director, WFS, the WFSLT, and SBO comms in order to simplify the workforce experience with a common brand and aligned offerings that support productivity, community, gratitude and excitement across the SSF campus.
Own Strategy and Business Operations:
Align WFSLT and staff on one common vision and strategy to make the biggest impact across Genentech workforce. This entails driving the end to end process for delivering the departmental vision, strategies, goals, and metrics/KPIs.
Assume all operational aspects of Workforce Services including financial budgeting and planning, leadership team and all hands meetings cadence, agendas, and logistics, neighborhood team agreements, neighborhood team building events, documents retention and storage policies, WFS productivity tools and technology, and quarterly business reviews.
Represent WFS in various Site Services' or other councils, committees, and project teams as necessary to ensure WFS requirements and thoughts are known in order to develop new and innovative solutions.
Partner with our Workplace Analytics team to ensure deep understanding of needs and
effectiveness of WFS amenities/services on the workforce experience. Drive associated internal metrics/KPIs.
Identify ways to drive operational efficiencies and improve business performance. Centrally track and report Workforce Services cost savings/efficiencies.
Develop and Manage Project Management Office:
- Manage a team of 1-3 centrally resourced project managers for all WFS to utilize. Own the project prioritization model and process. This person will also act as a Sr. project manager to support projects and initiatives and will be expected to make recommendations on complex, cross-functional issues. Together, this PMO team will need to work collaboratively and drive solutions in complex areas that may have a broad reach across Genentech. This will require excellent proactive communication with stakeholders and senior management.
Bachelors Degree required
12+ years as a Project Coordinator, Project Manager or similar
Excellent Project Management and Critical Thinking skills/ experience
Proven track record of meeting or exceeding professional/work-related objectives, goals and targets
The ability to organize, prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects with various scopes simultaneously
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Must have strong track record in the creation of Executive Level graphic presentations
Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills
Detail oriented, team player attitude, high work ethic and reliable
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met
Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed
Contribute to continuous improvement and change management of current and new business processes
Perform work under limited direction and guidance
Positive attitude and ability to adapt to constant change
Capable of solving a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative ways
Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
Comfortable in working with all levels of professionals
Builds credibility through strong relationships with key stakeholders and a solid track record of results. Leverage alliances to garner support for ideas.
Demonstrate ability to influence with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to consensus/alignment.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Safety Health and Environment & Facility Services, Safety Health and Environment & Facility Services > Facility & Technical Services
Route Sales Representative
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO,CA Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut?
If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA! Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada.
BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. Top Reasons to work for Bimbo Bakeries USA:
Competitive wages including a competitive starting base pay of $200.00 (paid weekly and increases over time) + commission and the ability to "build your brand" in order to increase wages Medical and Dental at low weekly deductions Union pension for retirement Vacation availability at one year
The Route Sales Professional represents BBU in the market, selling and delivering fresh baked products to retail customers, restaurants, and institutions. Through world class market execution, the Route Sales Professional’s primary focus is to maximize sales to customers through strong customer relationships, good business practices that drive profitable sales growth, and provide incidental sales-related service that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
Key Job Responsibilities (including duties incidental to primary sales duties): Analyze sales data to help drive effective decisions in the market as well as drive brand growth with customers through increased sales and the acquisition of new space and displays. Establish and maintain effective customer relationships to initiate and maximize sales in retail, restaurant, and institutional customers, ensure client retention by exceeding expectations with new and current customers. Drive in store excellence by selling displays to drive incremental sales, ensuring racks are set in accordance with customer guidelines, and the seamless execution of promotions.
Investigate, create and follow through on all growth opportunities including soliciting new customers to grow market share on strategic brands by selling and supporting incremental displays and the generation of new leads to solicit new business within the route territory. Execution of world class merchandising and proper rotation of all products to ensure the best quality and freshness of our products. Introduces new products and services to maximize sales and shelf space within existing accounts and when soliciting new customers.
Responsible for taking and maintaining proper inventory counts and placing product orders using a hand held device as well as servicing customers in accordance with customers’ established service frequency patterns. Utilize the order management tools (order management program, promotional and holiday planning information) while making independent ordering decisions to ensure optimal orders are being placed for each customer to ensure adequate and fresh products are being sold and delivered. Conduct daily route settlement procedures to account for all products, invoices, and cash.
Drives company route truck safely; safely loads and unloads the truck. Correctly completes DOT logs and submits other documentation, paperwork and deposits on time. Lives and promotes the company’s safety beliefs and principles, ensuring safe work practices are being followed by all and working to eliminate unsafe conditions to drive the achievement of the safety goal of zero incidents.
Lives and promotes the Beliefs of the Company, including respect for people, continuous improvement, exceeding customer and consumer expectations as well as working to meet the company’s strategic and financial goals. Other duties as assigned. The foregoing list of duties is intended to generally illustrate the types of duties a Route Sales Professional may perform.
The actual duties performed by each Route Sales Professional, and the amount of time spent on each duty, varies from day to day and from route to route. Duties and the time devoted to varying duties further vary depending on, among other things, the Route Sales Professional’s customers, experience, skills, manager(s), and personal preferences/motivation. ____________________________________________________________________________Key Behavioral Competencies: Strong sales abilities and eagerness to learn more skills in training.
Ability to be adaptive and open to change. Ability to work independently, analyze a situation accurately, make decisions independently, and take effective action. Ability to organize and coordinate work.
Ability to manage effective work and customer relations. Ability to exchange complex information effectively to reach agreement. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Schedule we are currently hiring for: Days: Monday – Sunday; Wed and Sun off Start Time: 4:00am Education and Work History:High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.Ideal candidate will possess:3-5 years of related experience in DSD or direct sales. A combination of training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.Previous experience in route sales is a plus. Demonstrate passion to achieve results and work well with others.Strong motivation to build customer relationships and achieve Route Sales Professional and company goals.Excellent customer service abilities required and account management skills a plus.Strong work ethic; able to work independently
Ability to professionally communicate with external and internal customers
Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills. Excellent organizational skills.Computer skills and proficiency is required.A valid driver’s license is required.Must be able to obtain and retain a DOT medical card.
Must be able to work in all weather conditions.Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds on a regular basis, as well as routinely enter and exit a delivery vehicle. Must be able to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods as well as perform frequent reaching and use of fingers. Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!