Strawberry Plains Job Description Sample
CDL Class A Truck Drivers (Strawberry Plains,Tn)
53 foot dry van trailers; some reefer trailers in Anderson only
Carter Express drivers run regional and/or dedicated routes. Each terminal route mix is different based on customer base. Regional drivers work 5 days per week and are home 2 days per week. Regional route drivers can expect to be away from home 1 to 3 nights per week on average. Regional drivers average 2 round trip out and back routes within their 5 day work week.
Our fleet average is 2,500 miles per week for solo drivers. Our aggressive drivers are running upwards of 3,300 miles per week. Team drivers are averaging 5,000 to 6,000 miles per week.
- Plan Administrator Group & Pension Administrators (GPA)
- Drivers become eligible for benefits within 90 days of hire date
- All benefits are ala carte ; drivers select the benefits they want
- Medical Plans 3 programs to choose from (HSA, HRA & Traditional); Employee contribution range is $31 per week to $60 per week (for non-smokers); $39 per week to $76 per week (for smokers); Spouse, children and family members can be added to medical plan
- Other benefits include dental, vision, life insurance, 401k retirement savings (managed by Merrill Lynch; company match program $1 for $1 for first 2%, 50 cents on the $1 for next 2%), short term disability, long term disability
- Paid Vacations 1 week paid vacation after 1 year; 2 weeks paid vacation after 3 years; 3 weeks paid vacation after 10 years; vacation pay is 1/52 of the past 52 weeks gross pay
- Paid Holiday 2 paid holiday; Thanksgiving and Christmas; Holiday pay is $125 per holiday
- Detention Pay - $15 per hour after 2 hours; Maximum $100
- Breakdown Pay - $15 per hour after 2 hours; Maximum $100
- Layover Pay - $100 if driver must sit for 24 hours waiting on load (12 hours for team operations)
- Stop Pay - $12.50 per extra stops (all stops above 1)
Regional Solo Drivers
Past T/T Driving Experience Pay Per Mile
0 to 1 year .3750
1 to 2 years .4150
2 to 3 years .4200
3 to 4 years .4250
4 to 5 years .4300
5 to 7 years .4350
7 to 10 years .4400
10+ years .4450
Note: Anderson drivers have access to deliver reefer freight with a 5 cents per mile premium
Regional Team Drivers
Rate Per Driver
0 to 2 years .2675
2 to 4 years .2700
4 to 5 years .2725
5 to 7 years .2775
7 to 10 years .2800
10+ years .2825
Note: Anderson Team Drivers have access to deliver reefer freight with a 2.5 cents per mile premium
- 12 months Recent, Verifiable CDL experience in past 36 months
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Valid Class A CDL license
- Schedule flexibility
- Attractive driving record - safety-minded
- Commitment to provide world-class customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact professionally with the customers and co-workers alike
- New Driver Orientation is 3 days; typically Monday through Wednesday
- Orientation pay is $275 plus $225 for transition pay for a total of $500
- Carter Express is a 2 week payroll holdback company. Orientation and transition pay ($500 total) is paid the 1st Friday after orientation week
- Mileage and accessorial pays are paid the 3 rd Friday after orientation week. Then, every Friday after that is a pay day.
Carter Express does not, currently, have a pet policy.
Drivers may take a passenger with them after 90 days on the job. Rules for taking a passenger include
(1) securing a passenger permit from Driver Manager; (2) passenger must be 12 years old or older; (3) driver must secure a passenger insurance policy ($25 per week) to cover medical expense should passenger need medical treatment due to an accident (Note: insurance policy is available through our insurance provider and can be payroll deducted)
- Freightliner and Volvo tractors
- Average age of tractors is 2.5 years old
- Daycabs and Condo Sleepers
- 100% Automatic Transmissions
- Newer models have APU s
- Road speed governors at 68 mph
- Assigned tractors only (no slip seating)
- Driver supplied inverters can be installed
- Driver s refrigerators and microwaves can be installed
- Qualcomm satellite communications system
- Qualcomm Electronic Logging Device
Associated topics: company otr, company truck, company truck driver, company truck driving, conductores clase a, dedicated truck driving, hazardous material, otr driving, regional driver route, regional driving
Solo Company Cdl-A Truck Driver - Home Most Weekends (Strawberry Plain
Minimum Requirements to Apply (PLEASE READ):
- At least 6 months Over the Road (OTR) experience - HARD REQUIREMENT!
- Current, Valid Class A CDL
- 22 years old
- Good MVR
- Stable work history
At Big G Express we offer:
- Competitive base pay based on experience with automatic pay increases every 6 months
- Industry leading benefits with affordable weekly premium and low deductible (single and family) BCBS Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) provides free retirement
- 401K with employer matching
- Free Life Insurance and Long Term Disability plans and options for supplemental insurance
- Excellent bonus earning potential with monthly mileage bonus, bi-annual fuel and performance bonus, annual safety bonus and unlimited referral bonuses
- Paid Vacations and Paid Holidays
- Well maintained late model equipment with the latest technologies (Kenworth, Volvo and Freightliner)
- EZ Pass, PrePass, Auxillary Power Units (APUs) and Inverters
- Rider and Pet Policy
- Home most weekends
If you are an over-the-road truck driver with a Class A CDL and looking for a trucking company where you can make good money, get home on weekends and offer affordable insurance and a full benefit package, Click Apply to complete the online application and be contacted by one of our recruiting specialists.
Associated topics: cdl a company, cdl a truck, choferes clase a, company driving solo, company otr, company truck, dedicated truck driver, otr company, tanker, tanker truck driving
Installer - Service Tech Helper Needed
We are looking for an Installer - Service Tech Needed to join our team! You will install, service, and repair signs & lighting.
- Install new signs, canopy lights & parking lot lights
- Inspect and perform equipment repairs and replacements
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in signs, electrical & lighting.
- Familiarity bucket trucks & cranes
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Previous electrical & welding skills a plus
Residential Service Plumber
1st Call Plumbing, LLC is a rapidly growing residential plumbing service company. Currently, our Knoxville, TN market has an immediate position available for an experienced plumber to repair and install all plumbing fixtures and water, gas and drain piping throughout existing residential properties and small commercial buildings.
Job Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
· Safely operate company and personal equipment including: company vehicle, excavators and trenchers, small to medium drain cleaning machines and jetting equipment, small to medium sized hand tools, etc.
· Use of small plumbing tools to properly inspect, test, repair and replace common plumbing equipment
· Work independently to complete all assigned customer projects in a reasonable amount of time
· Interact with homeowners and commercial customers to properly communicate company procedures, project estimates, work completed and closing projects
· Perform general plumbing service, repair and installations in accordance to all local, state and national codes as well as manufacturer installation requirements
Physical Requirements (including, but not limited to):
· Must be able to work in small/ cramped locations like crawl spaces, trenches and closet, etc. for extended periods of time
· Must be able to perform continuous actions with arms and hands including work with tools in many positions including above head
· Must be able to lift at times as much as 100 lbs. and perform continuous strenuous labor
· Must be able to climb, crawl, walk and other movements consistent with standard plumbing procedures
· Must be able to sit and drive for continuous periods throughout the day
· Must be able to stand for extended periods throughout the day
· Position will be subject to occasional continuous exposure to loud noises, extreme temperature conditions and chemicals that require knowledge of safety data sheets
· 5+ years of professional plumbing experience. 2+ of those years need to be in residential plumbing.
· Self starter that is able to work independently
· High School diploma or GED
· Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
· Clean criminal background check
· Competitive pay
· A service vehicle that you can bring home
· Tool allowance
· Cell phone and tablet
· PTO and holiday pay
· Benefits package offering medical, dental, and vision coverage. HSA and FSA plans. Employer paid life insurance and long term disability.
All candidates are required to undergo a pre-employment drug screen and employment background checks.
1st Call Plumbing, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sign Installer/Service Technician
A Career with Us Will Provide You with:
- A marketing plan we help you customize to build your brand effectively
- A comprehensive training program focused on people and marketing strategy
- Financial support during your early years to help you build your business
Realize Your Potential
Being a Mutual of Omaha financial representative is a challenging yet rewarding experience. Right away, you’ll meet prospects with your manager or another mentor to learn the business the right way. This joint work will allow you to see what it takes to be successful and you can also start building relationships with your peers. Start making a name for yourself by creating a solid marketing plan, positioning yourself effectively in the community and on social media. Speak passionately to people about helping them provide for their families for the rest of their lives.
We will encourage you to become a student of the industry so that you can use your expertise to help people in a way others can’t. Start your way down a path that includes affiliated with our broker dealer, Mutual of Omaha Investor Services, to help people obtain their wealth accumulation goals by offering them a wide range of insurance and investment products. Getting started the right way is one key to success, and we will have specific goals for you during your first three years.
We are also in the business of developing management talent, and it all starts here. Later, you may have a shot at leading your own team if you feel you have what it takes. Set an example for others with your hard work, determination and love for inspiring colleagues.
We’re Looking for People with:
- An appetite for success and natural leadership ability. Our best advisors make an impact with their clients and with their colleagues. We believe in a grassroots approach, developing you with a mentor and ambassador for our company.
- Charisma and strong conversational skills. Above all else, this is a people business. Developing rapport with people easily is one of the main keys to success. You’re going to need to invest a lot of energy into connecting with lots of different people, and we need people that can do it effectively.
- Really thick skin and a motor that doesn’t stop. If this were easy, everyone would do it. If you love chasing the finish line, and are motivated by setting your sights on ever-increasing goals, this is for you.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the solid determination to run their own business. We want someone that possesses business savvy skills and can make smart decisions. Our advisors are also backed by an extensive support network in our home office. If you bring your A-game every day, the home office promises to bring theirs.
Now, About Us…
For more than 100 years Mutual of Omaha has helped millions of families reach their financial goals and plan for a secure future. Here’s what you can expect:
- Access to a complete line of insurance and financial services products, including Life, Disability Income, Long-Term Care insurance and annuities. Financial advisors appointed with our broker dealer offer 401(l), mutual funds, retirement plans and other variable products.
- The backing of a strong, stable and secure company. Strong company ratings from insurance-rating and information agencies A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s.
- Solid consumer brand awareness, including Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom, key national sponsorships like USA Swimming, PGA, LPGA and Nationwide tours, and IndyCar Racing
Securities and advisory services offered through Mutual of Omaha Investor Services, Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC.
Local Cdl-A Truck Driver In Knoxville, TN
TAKE A TURN FOR THE BESTLocal City Drivers can get started at a top rate of $24.39/hr. with 2 years of experience
Ready to get started Just fill out this short form application. Once you complete it, a recruiter will call and we'll take care of all the rest.Experience You Can Count On
Family-owned founded in 1924, Saia has a long history of success. Our experience is what drives our leadership in providing complete transportation and logistics solutions. With the help of our service partners, our reach extends throughout the U.S. to Canada, Puerto Rico, and Mexico. That translates into numerous rewarding career opportunities for drivers seeking the thrill of a challenge with the stability of a leader. And with best-in-class benefits, top-industry pay, and regular home time, it's no wonder our team of over 9,000 employees choose a career with us. Discover your own path with Saia today.
Why Saia?WE GO BEYOND SAYING WE CARE TO SHOWING YOU HOW MUCH.With some of the best driver trainers in the business, we put your growth and career at the forefront.
Whether it's more time to spend with your own family, more miles or the freedom to explore a new career area, we make it our priority to see you get it. We want you to have every opportunity to grow and contribute individually or as part of the team. Here, you're more than a number in the crowd. That's probably why our average employee tenure is 10 years and why more than 300 have stayed with us for over 20!
Our Mission"PROVIDE BEST-IN-CLASS SERVICE - AS DEFINED BY OUR CUSTOMERS - THROUGH QUALITY PROCESSES IN AN ENVIRONMENT THAT RESPECTS EMPLOYEES, ADVOCATES SAFETY, RECOGNIZES EXCELLENCE, AND BUILDS SHAREHOLDER VALUE."Best-In-CLass Benefits
Comprehensive Health, Rx, and Vision Benefits (no employee contribution after 10 years)
Dental Coverage Available
401K Plan with company match and immediate vesting
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Credit Union Services & Direct payroll deposit
Paid Vacation & Holidays
Paid Bereavement & Jury Duty Leave
Company-paid Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Recognition Programs
Driver Uniform Program
Local City DriversTRAINING TO DRIVING TO LEADING. GO ANYWHERE.
Have your CDL-A, but less than a year of driving experience? We'll get you started off right with hands-on tractor-trailer training led by some of the best drivers in the business. When you get on the road with Saia as a Local City Driver, you'll never have to guess where your next miles are coming and you'll be home daily. If it's extra hours you want, you can get experience working at the dock site. Rather lead? We can help you do that too as a driver trainer.
Regional Cdl-A Truck Driver
EXCITING NEWS...NEW PAY INCREASE!!
Now hiring drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience!
If less than 1 year of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
Why Choose Averitt:
Uniformed company with quality people and a culture which includes strong structure and organization.
Opportunities for transfer and promotion from within after completion of 6 months in current position.
1,000+ (10%) associates who have been with the Averitt team for 20 or more years!
Leading transportation provider since 1971.
Experienced Driver Pay:
To start at this pay you must have 1 year of verifiable experience in the past 3 years.
.44 cpm reached after 4 months
Top-out at .46 cpm reached after 8 months
Pay for experience:
- 3 years T/T experience in the past 5 years starts at .44 cpm; reaching .46 cpm after 4 months.
- 5 years T/T experience in the past 7 years starts at .46 cpm.
Now offering our Minimum Mileage Pay=400 mile minimum for short haul loads picked up and delivered by driver.
Additional unloading /loading pay when required ($50 full load; $25 partial load)
$20 stop pay (not to include origin or destination)
Breakdown ($14/hr: takes effect after 2 hrs. not to exceed 10 hrs in a 24 hr period)
Layover ($100 after a 24 hr period- allowed 50 miles)
Detention ($20/hr after 2 hrs for majority of customers)
4 day paid orientation ($756- $828) in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
Weekly direct payroll deposits.
Must have a minimum of 4- 11 months verifiable experience in the past 3 years or 1 year of verifiable experience in the past 5 years.
You will be paid six hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-3 weeks. After training you will start at .42 cpm.
Equipment & Safety:
Assigned, safe, well-maintained Volvos & Freightliners.
All with APUs and 100% automatic transmissions.
Our equipment has several intelligent safety features to include: collision- avoidance system, lane-departure system, anti-jackknife/ rollover stability system and much more.
Safely park at more than 100 Averitt facilities, many with on-duty security, fuel pumps, showers, exercise rooms and driver convenience centers with Wi-Fi.
About Our Regional Driving Position:
Primarily southern, southwest and mid-west lanes (25 states)
Occasional runs to the Northeast (The Northeast is considered to be NJ and PA)
We do not go into CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME, Canada and NY state. (NYC runs are limited and optional)
Home EVERY Week (with the option of being out longer and averaging higher miles)
84% of our Regional Drivers are home by noon on Saturdays.
Over 90% NO-TOUCH freight
Rider program (legal spouse only)
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
- $75.70per week for family
- $30.55per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
Wellness programs available
Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
Flexible spending accounts
Wells Fargo banking products
Profit sharing and 401(k) plans
Company provided professional uniforms
Averitt smartphone app for our drivers to download; assists with communication & convenience
Driver Support Specialists located at our Service Centers to assist our drivers & help with concerns face to face
Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must live within 150 mile radius of an Averitt Service Center in which you are applying for.
Must be 21 years of age or older.
1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within past 3 years (less any training time) OR minimum of 4- 11 months verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the past 3 years OR 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the past 5 years.
Must have a Class A CDL.
Must apply for hazmat/tanker endorsement within 30 days of hire (will reimburse upon receipt & if dated after your application date).
No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years.
No convictions for DUI or DWI within the past 5 years.
No suspensions or revocations for a moving violation within the last 5 years.
No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality).
No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.
Open/ close trailer door- force requirement: 46 lbs
Complete fuel tickets
Hook/ unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs
Perform pre-trip inspections
Extensive travel - ability to sit upright for extended periods of time
Load/ unload freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
Move freight- force requirement: 54 lbs
Regular predictable attendance
Enter/ exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
Enter/ exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
To apply for this position over the phone give us a call at 888-967-5487, we're available Mon -Fri 7am until 7pm & Sat 8am until noon CST.
Position Summary of the MARKETING ASSISTANT
CHECK US OUT ON LINKEDIN:
The Marketing Assistant position will assist the marketing team in the implementation of all marketing activities, working closely to increase brand awareness, drive sales, and ultimately generate new business leads. This is an entry level marketing position with expose to multifaceted areas of our firm in which full training is provided.
Responsibilities of a Marketing Assistant:
- Regularly attend client meeting for product knowledge, account performance reviews and goal setting.
- Implementation of marketing directives and sales strategy on a local level in assigned territories to engage consumers and assist in relationship development with the brand
- Contact consumers about existing products/services and assess the need for any additional features / upgrades and enter information as part of the consumer feedback loop
- Track and report measures of success in the market
- Collaborate on new campaigns and strategies to increase market exposure and new business
Minimum Qualifications of the MARKETING ASSISTANT
- Excellent Communicator, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Intense attention to detail with accuracy and consistency
- Moderate computer and software skills for basic data entry
- Ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of people
- Strong presentation skills
- 4 year degree in marketing, management, business, journalism, public relations or related field preferred, but not required
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR COMPANY CULTURE AND WHAT WE MAY BE ABLE TO OFFER YOU, VISIT:
Owner Operator CDL A Truck Driver
Have What It Takes to
Be an Owner Operator?
With USA Truck's new, low money down lease purchase options, there's never been a better time to find out.
Introducing One of the Nation's Most Successful Lease Purchase Programs.
USA Truck has partnered with Transport Enterprise Leasing (TEL) and others to offer you unrivaled lease purchase options that get you on the road to financial freedom and truck ownership faster. With the new year coming, it's time to think about a fresh start in 2018 as an Owner Operator with USA Truck. We have a lot of freight to move, so we have great lease purchase options. Take advantage of our low payment, low money down lease purchase program today.
New Lease Purchase Program Features
New & Lightly Used Trucks
Minimal Credit Requirements
Lease Term Matched to Warranty Coverage
Guaranteed to Pass DOT
Low Purchase Option Pricing
Ability to Participate in Trade-Equity When Upgrading
Unsurpassed Services for Operator Success
24/7/365 Breakdown Service
New Operator Start Up Assistance Program
Monthly Bookkeeping and Tax Services
CHOOSE YOUR PAY PROGRAM
Owner Operators Can Now Choose Either Mileage Band or Percent of Load Pay Options!
With the new Percent of Load pay option, USA Truck offers:
- 68% of Line Haul Revenue Paid to Contractor
- 100% of Fuel Surcharge Paid to Contractor
- $0.15 Fuel Discount Effective 4/3/2017
- Base Plates and Permits Provided
Mileage Based Pay
In addition to pay rates below, add 0.23 FSC (effective 9/25/17-10/01/17 – Subject to change)
$1.05 LOADED DISPATCHED MILES
Weekly Settlements direct deposited, loaded onto your ComData card, or mailed to your home
Extra Stop Pay for each stop in transit excluding initial pickup and final delivery
Company provided fuel card and great fuel discounts at the pump!
Toll Tickets-Authorized toll tickets paid by USA; EZ pass & Pike Pass Provided by USA
License and Permits Provided at no charge
PeopleNet ELD installed at no cost
$0.94 EMPTY DISPATCHED MILES
Insurance available through a company-sponsored program:
Occupational Collision .38/Week
Non-Trucking Bobtail .46/Week
Cargo and Liability
Own Authority? Click here to learn more.
Becoming an Owner Operator is easier with the strength and experience of USA Truck. We offer the support and tools you'll need to grow a successful business. You'll get year-round freight with over 25% of fortune 100 manufacturers. Our commitment to your success ensures reliable and steady pay, freight and transit plus round-the-clock dispatch and maintenance support.
Partnering with USA Truck is the right choice if you want to work with caring driver managers who offer valuable mentorship and get to know you well as they handle all your trips. The relationships we build with our Owner Operators keep them with us for the long haul.
With USA Truck, you are in control of your earnings. To support you, we offer the best of an independent trucking company with the power of a large carrier. You'll gain access to a huge freight network. And with 24/7 dispatch, financial and management support, you can remain focused on the running your routes.
We Offer A Wide Range Of Benefits
New pay package for all Owner Operators
We have the weekly miles to help you succeed
Ask about our transition assistance for current Owner Operators moving to USA Truck!
Single point-of-contact with your Driver Manager
Steady year-round freight from top companies
Extended length of haul
PeopleNet ELD system installed at no cost
Fuel Network Discounts
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!