System Administrator Job Description Sample
CEdge has an opportunity for a System Administrator to join our team! This role is located in Scott Air Force Base, IL.This role will support DISA in operating and maintaining DISA networks and applications to include the DISANet and Mission networks. If you are ready to work alongside World Renowned IT experts, and meet the requirements below, this is the opportunity for you!
- Build physical and virtual servers, provide software installation and troubleshooting, server configuration.
- Manage Remote Desktop Services Platform (RDSP), group policy modifications, hardware lifecycle replacements.
- Provide wireless AP/IDS/IPS support, peripheral support (printer, scanner, fax, copier) property.
- Oversee data recovery, Domain Name Service (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), GPON, etc.)
- Support Enterprise service, (Enterprise Email), disaster recovery (VEEAM), vulnerability mitigation and documentation via STIGS and the Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) tool.
- Perform network security investigations/forensics.
- Attend bi-weekly Change Advisory Board participation, and attend weekly teleconferences.
- Manage incident escalation, enterprise service (Exchange), over 2000 accounts.
- Track all submitted trouble tickets via GTMS and/or ITSM.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative or technical field of study, such as Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
- Thorough knowledge of LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications.
- 3+ years’ relevant experience.
- IAT Level II certification / CompTIA Security + to be obtained within 6 months of role.
- Secret Security Clearance
- Competitive Salary
- Day One Benefits Package
- 10 Days PTO
- 10 Paid Holidays
CEdge Software Consultants, is an innovative IT consulting firm and a strategic business partner, that offers IT solutions to Federal and State government, as well as to Commercial Enterprises throughout the United States. At C-Edge, we pride ourselves on working as collaborative and integrity focused partners with both our employees and clients.
Technical Resource Manager |MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755| Cell 408-718-6170| Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Systems Administrator will be part of a team of experts charged with providing support in the areas of cyber analysis and cyber development capabilities in response to Navy’s and DoD’s needs for Cyber Situational Awareness (SA), Cyber Command and Control (C2), Mission Assurance, and Homeland Defense. Program scope includes identifying cyber key terrain by analyzing operational requirements, conducting cyber analyses and assessments, and developing and performing modeling and simulation in support of different cyber threat scenarios. The team will conduct cyber analyses and assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities and risks, determine mission and operational impacts, and make appropriate mitigation recommendations. Additionally, program support includes developing methodology and framework in support of cyber risk assessment life cycle. Our team will provide capabilities to support the customer with rapid design, development, test, deployment, maintenance and operation of specific software and hardware capabilities to meet current Cyber Defensive needs.
Provide daily support as a Systems Administrator for a DoD environment that supports a cyber warfare enclave.
Environment consists of the following capabilities and requirements:
- Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and the NSA Guides for the configuration standards for DOD IA and IA-enabled devices/systems.
- Microsoft Operating System w/IIS, Transaction Server
- Windows 2008/2012 (or current version)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Desktop (or current version)
- Microsoft SQL 2008(or current version), preferred, not required
- Configuration Management Protocol & Guidelines
- Requirements Analysis & Mapping
- Solar Winds Orion (or current version)
- VMware OS
- Support specifications of client/server computer and network systems to meet business requirements and to ensure compatibility and optimum performance
- Installs, maintains, configures, and supports client/servers, networked computers, and related systems
- General maintenance and troubleshooting
- Local Policy
- Audits and analysis
- Support the Authorization and Authentication process
- Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) and manufacturer recommended updates for servers
- Troubleshoot and repair server software, operating system (OS), and client-server application problems
- Federal, DoD, Navy, and local policies regarding web development (preferred not required)
- Patching, documenting and reporting IAVA (B) (T), and CTO compliance
- Perform general maintenance and troubleshooting
- Understanding DoD Common Access Card (CAC) authentication and access
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active or Interim DoD TS clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering with a focus in Computer Networks, or Computer Science plus five (5) years of experience, or ten (10) years of experience in systems administration or engineering.
- Must hold (or acquire within 30 days) Information Assurance Technology (IAT) Level II certification(s) required to work on government IT systems, to include any of the following: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP or higher level certification
- Must hold current (or acquire within 6 months) the appropriate computing environment certification for information assurance technical positions as required by DoD 8570.01-M to include any of the following:
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012
- MCSA: Windows Server 2016
- MCSA: Linux on Azure
- MCSA: Cloud Platform
- MCSA: Windows 10
- *Any equivalent previous MS certification that is still active
- Maintaining and managing VMware environment
- Working with storage requirement in a virtual environment
- Maintaining Microsoft Environment, management tools WSUS, GPOs, Etc
- Implementing and designing Microsoft Environment, Domain Controllers
- Maintaining Windows 2008 servers (or current version)
- STIG Microsoft, VMware and SAN and other applications
- Experience in the implementation and management of backup appliances and systems.
- Manage and implement DoD PKI and PK-Enable information systems, including network login, e-mail systems, and web servers to use certificates for authentication, digital signatures, and encryption
- Experience and understanding of DoD IT infrastructure compliance requirements.
- Experience with vulnerability mitigation using tools such as Retina Scan, SCAP tool and ACAS
At Ariel Partners, we solve the most difficult problems that inhibit technology from enabling our customers to achieve their goals. Our vision is to be recognized by our stakeholders as an elite provider of IT solutions, so when they have their biggest challenges we’re on their short list. We’re looking for team members who share our values of: Integrity to do the right thing even when it hurts; Commitment to the long term success and happiness of our customers, our people, and our partners; Courage to take on difficult challenges, accept new ideas, and accept incremental failure; and the constant pursuit of Excellence.
Ariel Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.
Role Overview:Capable of configuring Red Hat Linux Operating Systems (OS) in Test and Production environments. Knowledgeable with Test bed environments. Implements patches in compliance with IAVA (Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessments). Capable of deploying environments. Understand Service Level Agreeements (SLA). Security +, POA&M, STIGs, vulnerability assessments, ATO's
Required: 6-10+ years SA experience, Red Hat Linux
Desired: Apache Tomcat, Java EE, My SQL Community Edition, PKI Trust Store, Spring Framework, Hibernate ORM, DOORS NG
COMSO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Code: 11602905
Lexington Park, Maryland
Position Description: Imagine One (Lexington Park region) is currently seeking an experienced System Administrator in support of NAVAIR (PMA-275) Marine Corps Aviation Learning Management System – Enterprise (MCALMS-E). The successful candidate will be responsible for the following: Provide support for an Enterprise and Sandbox web application environment. Uses established fact-finding approaches, knowledge of pertinent work processes and procedures, and familiarity with Information Assurance compliancy, computer programming practices, system software, and computer hardware.
Essential Job Functions:
- Managing the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all Windows IT systems
- Recommends upgrades, patches, new applications and equipment in continuous improvement of the systems
- Managing web applications using Internet Information Services (IIS) and troubleshoots application errors
- Maintains a Windows Server environment and reviews server logs for application, security, and system related issues and recommends resolutions for these issues
- Maintain SAN and network attached storage devices
- Performs, monitors, and validates system backups using Acronis Backup or similar backup software
- Develops and defines solutions, assesses the scope of effort to implement solutions and documents solution proposals
- Conduct tasks related to IA compliance to include use of network and system tools to ascertain the security posture and efficiencies of the servers on the network
- Perform Windows Server evaluation and analysis for DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guide (SRG) compliance utilizing current DISA approved Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) software
- Analyzes system vulnerabilities using SCAP and ACAS scans and identifies areas of non-compliance by using Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Perform Windows Server vulnerability scans using ACAS/SCCVI per Program of Record (POR) or DoD directives
- Configure, update, and maintain ACAS/SCCVI with latest audits and signatures
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Computer Networks and Security, or Cyber Security;
- A minimum of three (3) years out of the prior five (5) years of experience in Information Systems Management and Information Assurance (IA).
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and appropriate experience with DoD system security and information assurance (IA) policy and procedures is required
- Associates degree and five (5) years of additional experience in management and information systems development will be considered equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
- An additional postgraduate degree in a business, management, engineering or related discipline will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of experience.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must currently have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Imagine One offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan; $4K annual tuition reimbursement ($5K if pursuing Master’s degree); employee training, development and education programs; profit sharing; advancement opportunities; and much more! Imagine One is an Employee Owned Company!
Imagine One is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Additionally, we abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Maintains smooth operation of a multi-user computer system, including local area networks. Sets up user accounts, maintaining documentation and installing system-wide software and allocation of mass storage space.
Coordinates company's electronic office systems activities which may include personal computers, client servers, electronic mail, on-line and internet resources, local area networks and wide area networks, and standard software products. Interacts with users and analyzes vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, and coordinates installation.
Trains internal users. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation and use of office automation equipment and resources.
Provides administrative support for the purchase, follow-up, installation, and inventory of computer hardware and software for the department.
Ensures that Medtronic's systems and the information on them are protected in accordance with Medtronic's Information Protection Policies and Standards, as well as best Information Protection practices.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science in CS, IS, engineering, other technical discipline, or seven years’ experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows, Linux, and ESXi operating systems; Microsoft IIS, and Apache web servers.
- VMware, AWS, SAN, IIS, Apache, and network experience.
- Ability to develop, manage, and maintain scripts written in a variety of languages.
- IT security expertise.
- Interpersonal, problem solving, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, Red Hat, Amazon Certification
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft applications, Oracle database, geospatial products, and COP management.
- Familiarity with NGA programs and NGA facilities.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected.
We're the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can't find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Job Requisition ID:28800
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us. After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products, we're just getting started. At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike.
SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours. We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
Responsible for the deployment, maintenance, monitoring, performance tuning, and day to day management of mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as key team player in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Identifies and recommends design and configuration improvements of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes systemic issues and provides remediation.
Manages the day-to-day operations of the data center production and development environments by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
Performs troubleshooting and is a key participant in problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the host computer operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, tape libraries and other components.
Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Provides server support related to other software.
Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
Develops and maintains tools, procedures, custom scripts and test plans to ensure operational reliability.
Maintains security and protects systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
Develops and maintains procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
At least 3+ years experience in Linux/Unix system administration, complex systems management, programming, and systems software and support
Strong troubleshooting skills of complex systems/application stacks
Deep current knowledge of programming languages and operating systems, current equipment and technologies in use, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools
Ability to plan, organize and document complex system management activities and to configure systems to be consistent with company policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
Highly disciplined and motivated, able to work independently, under direction, or as a member of a team
Must be willing to periodically work nonstandard hours and be on call
Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-facing production environment, across multiple data centers including Cloud
Ability to learn new skills and technologies as required
A proficiency with scripting or programming is a must
Deep knowledge of Linux/Unix, including applicable security principals
Deep understanding of networking and relevant protocols, Load Balancers, firewalls, VPNs, and commercial network security solutions
Working knowledge of containerization technology
Working knowledge of Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins and other configuration management software
Nice to haves:
Experience with IDS/OSSEC
Experience with Nagios, Prometheus or other monitoring solutions
Experience working with SQL ( MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Hadoop) databases
Experience working with data interchange formats such as XML, JSON and YAML
KeepItSafe® is a cloud backup company that provides backup solutions to enterprise clients. We provide physical and virtual server backup for file, system, and disaster recovery.
We need an individual that is proficient administering Linux and Windows servers in a physical and virtual environment. Individual need a fundamental understanding of TCP/IP and network troubleshooting. Individual will be required to provision and support KeepItSafe® production systems as we continue to grow. Individual must take responsibility and advance multiple projects on a daily basis. Individual will be required to work on acquisitions, disaster recovery drills, and monitoring of the infrastructure.
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Centos 6 and 7
- Windows Domain and Active Directory Experience
- VMware 5.5, 6.7
- Storage Architectures (RAID, NFS, SAN)
- Troubleshooting Skills, Server and Networking
Rapid Recovery Backup
Windows Group Policy
Fortinet / Cisco ASA Firewall
Cisco / Extreme Switching
Day To Day Tasks
Assist Support and Account management with back end technical questions and assistance
Backup Product Troubleshooting
Backup Product Account Management (Moves / Add / Deletes)
Disaster Recovery Drills
Datacenter System and Network Maintenance
VMware Architecture, Monitoring, and Management
Check Monitoring and Alerts (Alerts, Utilization , System Logs)
Long Term Projects (Acquisitions, system updates, system build out)
We are looking for a motivated individual, who will take their own initiative to look for issues and find projects to work on. An ideal candidate will express and strong interest in a wide variety of computing technologies, and an interest in datacenter automation, and simplification.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!