System Administrator Job Description Sample
The System Administrator provides Network or Application programming capabilities using Bank supported programming languages, structured methodologies and programming standards. This role's primary focus is on coding, testing, implementing, and documenting in-house systems. The System Administrator provides customer support for existing in-house and package software.
1.Works directly with the IT Infrastructure Manager to Support the IT Infrastructure that includes but is not limited to: VMWare, SAN, Windows Servers, SQL Server, Office 365, Active Directory.
2.Supports daily operations including hardware and software configurations, monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, provisioning and Disaster Recovery testing.
Typical Job Duties
1.Supports system and application upgrades and enhancements.
2.Administers LAN switches, Routers, Firewalls, and VPN devices.
3.Administers physical and virtual server infrastructure.
4.Monitors and reports on system availability.
5.Provides Level 2 Support to the Help Desk.
6.Reviews and researches security logs.
7.Creates and maintains Infrastructure documentation.
8.Performs other duties as required by management.
1.Minimum of three years system administration experience.
2.Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards.
3.Ability to learn new applications and processes quickly.
4.Ability to multi-task between multiple projects.
5.Strong analytical skills.
6.Must possess communication skills to effectively interface with internal business units to identify business requirements.
7.For the respect of our customers and staff, professional dress, hygiene and appearance is expected at all times.
8.All bank positions require maintaining personal fiscal responsibility.
9.Flexibility in work schedule.
10. Critical member of team. Must be reliable, dependable, and maintain a high degree of flexibility.
11. Must be able to maneuver stairs in the event of an emergency.
12. Travel to other locations may be necessary. A valid NJ Driver's License, in good standing, is required and access to a vehicle for use in the course of business.
13. Able to lift and move items that may weigh up to 25 pounds.
Internal and External Contacts
This position interacts with business units to ensure system availability and function.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
In this role you will be proficient and able to apply their knowledge/experiences in the following areas:
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, CTS; 5244; MidSME
- The System Administrator will migrate Solaris servers to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers and will also help Mature the Hortonworks Hadoop Cluster
- Build, support, manage, patch, break/fix, root cause analysis, troubleshooting, etc for Solaris and RHEL
- Troubleshoot any configuration issues rising from the migration from Solaris to RHEL
- Hadoop System Administrator will be responsible to mature the Hadoop cluster as well as installing, configuring, and supporting the HDP cluster
- 5-7 Years Minimum Relevant Experience Needed
- Needs to know how to maintain and configure Solaris
- Proficient in maintaining RHEL
- Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Knowledgeable in Linux Command Line Tools
- Monitor system performance
- Create file systems
- Must have good knowledge of shell scripts
- Create, Delete and modify user and groups
- Full knowledge of HBase for efficient Hadoop Administration
- Proficiency in Linux scripting and also in Hive, Oozie and HCatalog
- Manage and maintain the Hadoop clusters for uninterrupted job
- Routine check-up, back-up and monitoring of the entire system
- Ensuring the connectivity and network is always up and running
- Planning for capacity upgrading, downsizing as and when the need arises
- Managing the HDFS and ensuring it is working optimally at all times
- Securing the Hadoop cluster in a foolproof manner is paramount
- Regulating the administration rights depending on job profile of users
- Adding new users over time and discarding redundant users smoothly
- Exceptional problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- HDP Certified Administrator (HDPCA)
- The HDP Certified Administrator (HDPCA) exam is designed for Hadoop System Administrators responsible for installing, configuring, and support an HDP cluster
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
AboutANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.
|Location:||On client site in |
|Clearance:||TS/SCI with FS Poly|
Lunarline is looking for a Unix Systems Administrator who has experience administering user accounts, performing server subsystem configuration, network management, installation of software, performing backups, configuration management and general system maintenance and an understanding of fundamental networking and distributed computing environment concepts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong customer service, organizational skills, preferred knowledge of applicable Government policies and procedures.
- Ability to write simple Shell scripts.
- Strong Linux administration and virtualization skills to include:
- OS Builds
- Linux and VM environment (VMware)
- Kick-start server configuration and implementation
- Scripting experience to include Perl and Python
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- The following certifications (more than one is required): IAT Category, Level II
- The following certifications (more than one is preferred): Lunarline, Inc. School of Cybersecurity “Certified Expert” certifications.
Setup workstations and laptops according to guidelines
Provide phone support for internal customers
Perform preventative maintenance on workstations and laptops
Produce documentation and provide training for the end user relating to the technologies we use
Troubleshoot and resolve networking issues in conjunction with other staff and vendors as needed
Install, configure, and patch various operating systems (Windows 7/10, OSX) for laptops/desktops
Manage hardware and software asset lists
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
Good communication and people skills
Troubleshooting skills for windows/Mac based platforms, smart phones, and A/V equipment
Willingness to learn, develop, and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment
Self-starter that brings both interpersonal skills and creative problem solving skills
Preferred Qualifications (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
VMware ESXi/Horizon experience
Cisco VOIP - CUCM, Unity, CAD experience
Jira and Confluence experience
Office365 experience or exposure on the administrative side
Knowledge of domain management applications
Demonstrated knowledge of networking and hardware standards
Solid understanding of security concepts, principles and practices, including fundamental knowledge of OSI model
A+/Microsoft certification preferred (or working towards)
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
POSITION SUMMARY: The System Administrator is responsible for supporting the IT infrastructure and stable operations of Piramals' computer networks and other IT systems as required.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Shall adhere to all safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices.
Consistent support and practice of all Piramals' mission and values.
Identify and protect the original technical information as part of the company property.
Assist in deployment, monitoring, maintenance, data backup, documentation, upgrade, and support of all IT systems. This includes all servers, e-mail, PCs, phone systems, hardware, software, mobile devices, peripherals, switches, routers, cabling, and all associated operating systems and software.
Install, configure, and optimize hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal downtime. Diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and support as needed.
Maintain Active Directory and Group policies, deploy servers, patch management, Perform backups and server monitoring checks
Maintain VMware Virtual Infrastructure farm with
Take ownership of issues seeing it through from beginning to end.
Support LANs, WANs, Internet and Intranet Systems
Administration of GMP software as per regulatory requirements (21 CFR Part 11 and cGMP).
Receive and respond to help desk tickets, phone requests, and/or e-mails regarding IT issues.
Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of IT issues for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions.
Prepare and ensure accuracy of documentation, end user binders, procedures, and manuals.
Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science.
Minimum Five (5) years' work related experience.
Working technical knowledge of VMware, Backup Software, Databases, networks, servers, and PC operating systems.
Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills._
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required; disseminate information as needed in a user-friendly language.__
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.__
- Hands on hardware troubleshooting experience.__
- Self-motivated and directed; strict attention to detail.__
- Able to multi-task and meet demands of customers__
- Follow FDA, EPA, OSHA, GMP and 21 CFR Part 11 regulations.
- Willing to work off-shift times, as necessary, to complete projects.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling can be expected.
Long periods of sitting and walking may also be expected in this position.
This position may require long periods of sitting, typing, computer entry or looking at a computer.
Potential limited exposure to hazardous chemicals.
Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coats, gloves, specialized clothing including laboratory uniform and appropriate shoes may be required in areas associated with this position.
Global Resource Solutions, Inc. (GRS) is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and talented individual for the position of System Administrator II.
The System Administrator II will work with Special Access Program (SAPs) and other classified networks supporting 505CCW/AP Operational Units. The position will provide "day-to-day" support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Install, maintain, audit and support a secure MS Windows network environment and limited web/data application service
Serve as a primary CSA for NIPRNet, SIPRNet and JWICS, and provide assistance to other wing CSAs in the performance of assigned duties, as required
Maintain liaison between wing units, outside agencies and/or respective Network Operations Centers (NOC) to establish and/or troubleshoot network connectivity and user account access requirements for NIPRNet, SIPRNet, JWICS, CAFNet, CAB LAN, CASTS/JADE, and exercise systems
Maintain all VTC requirements and equipment, and perform troubleshooting tasks when required
Maintain internet applications and protocols IP,TCP,HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, & SSL
Maintain file servers, Firewalls, network access, Security Monitoring Systems and system documentation as required
Interface with local customers and provide IT related support to quickly resolve problems
Analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
Perform periodic maintenance, hardware upgrades and replacement, firmware updates and system configuration changes
Perform scheduled backups on systems as required
Support STO, CW, AF SAP and SCI interests as a member of the wing's Communication Systems Requirements Working Group, attend monthly base-wide CSA meetings.
Attend planning and requirements meetings with IT staff, Program Managers and customers as required
Prepare system for operational use and support operational tests
Provide technical guidance.
Bachelor's Degree in a related area or equivalent additional experience (four (4) years)
Three (3) to five (5) years total related experience.
Minimum two (2) years of SCI or SAP-related experience highly desired
Minimum one (1) year of SAP-related experience highly desired.
Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2
Applicable Windows professional certifications based on OS requirements for supported organization.
Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence Polygraph
Knowledge & Skills:
Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2007 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP/Vista operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware
Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration
Working knowledge of JAFAN 6/0, JAFAN 6/3, JAFAN 6/9, and Joint DODIIS/Cryptologic SCI Information Systems Security Standards, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to C&A for Legacy systems
Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL1 & PL2 systems; experience with PL3 & PL4 cross domain solutions is a plus
Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate ICDs/DOD Manuals and other guiding policy documents
Ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
This position requires employees to be willing and able to: sit, bend, reach, stoop, squat, stand, and walk.
Communication: Excellent customer service via phone and face to face conversation, excellent written and oral command of English.
An exciting and rewarding career awaits you with Global Resource Solutions, Inc. (GRS). GRS is a management consulting company to government and business that offers great career opportunities and a comprehensive slate of employee benefits to our employees including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance and a retirement plan. GRS is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced System Administrator to join our Technology Team. This role is a split role between Help Desk and Infrastructure based tasks.
As Architectural and Engineering company we are constantly watching the market trends and how technology advancements can augment our processes. This has allowed us to make changes to our IT infrastructure over the last 4 years, and we continue to see opportunities to adapt to the needs of our clients and internal staff. Our IT team consists of 8 staff who report to the Corporate Technology Leader. Each team member has specific skills that complement the group, as a whole.
This new team member will be responsible for direct IT support of 100+ architects and engineers locally and assisting the IT team in supporting 430+ staff firm wide. We have developed a dispersed, high performance, agile IT team with members residing in multiple locations across the US. Additionally, we intentionally plan IT projects where team members from multiple locations come together to work on the project. This gives team members knowledge of the location infrastructure, direct knowledge of the IT project, and allows team building within the IT group.
The ideal candidate for this position has great people skills, solid technical knowledge of Microsoft/VMware based infrastructure, and an ability to document processes for both the IT Team and end users. We are looking for a critical thinker, someone who looks at a situation and not only sees opportunity for improvement, but also voices their observations and provides solutions to the team to evaluate and implement.
Responsible for the maintenance and support of computer and network systems, along with assistance of local and remote users.
Develop and Maintain the computer imaging and software installation tools
We are expecting this position to "own" our 2019 SCCM environment
Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to HED Staff.
Monitor and Deploy server and workstation patches and software updates
Isolate and analyze issues within the server and network infrastructure.
Maintain integrity of the network and security infrastructure.
Assign permissions to company resources to users.
Troubleshoot problems reported by users for servers, desktop computers, printers, mobile and desktop phones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
5+ years work experience in supporting a multi-site windows environment required.
MCSA Preferred but not required
Experience in the following systems:
Microsoft SCCM 2016+ Requred
Must be ready to build and manage computer images
Must be able to set up packaged software deployments
Must be able to deploy windows updates via SCCM
Microsoft Server 2012+ – Required
Active Directory 2012+ – Required
PowerShell Scripting – Required
Cloud hosting services such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud - Preferred
Microsoft Teams/Skype for Business – Preferred
Microsoft Office 365 Administration – Preferred
VMware V-Sphere & ESXi – Required
Extreme Networks – Preferred
Palo Alto Firewall – Preferred
OKTA SSO and MFA – Preferred
Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills conducive to a help desk environment.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Ability to travel between offices.
Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of current job responsibilities, the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, time-sensitive assignments, or technological developments), may be required.
Seeking technologists who are passionate about computers, automation, and remote computer management.
ProVal Technologies is master Managed Services Provider (MSP), helping MSP's navigate and manage their suite of technology products to support end-customers. Our team helps MSP's leverage best-practices and efficiencies across their tools and technologies, to make MSP's more efficient and profitable. ProVal also takes on operational capabilities in managing non customer-facing work for MSP's, so they can focus their teams on building customer relationships.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team! You will be providing innovate technology solutions to our customers, and managing IT tools which automate and manage critical functions for a business.
- Support a wide variety of Microsoft systems - desktops and servers, using remote management software
- Troubleshoot Microsoft-related issues with the use of automation and scripting
- Write automation scripts for managing and maintaining IT environments
- Previous experience in IT, computer science, or other related fields
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems - Windows Server, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, TCP/IP and routing
- Some experience with commonly used MSP tools like ConnectWise, Kaseya, Datto, StorageCraft etc would be beneficial
- Logical thinking, ability to script and program tasks
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Very good communication skills
- Experience working with an MSP in the past would be preferred
- Training, and opportunity for growth and advancement
- Health and Dental coverage
- Matching 401k
- Paid Vacation / PTO
- A great team culture
ASRC Federal InuTeq provides information security, enterprise architecture, software development and health IT solutions to federal government customers. Our employees embrace innovation and are committed to a culture of continuous, standards-driven process improvement and assimilation of industry best practices. We are seeking a Systems Administrator(Windows/Unix) to support a DoD contract at the Aberdeen Proving Ground. The Systems Administrator is an integral part of the client's technology platform (Defense Research Engineering Network (DREN) and Secret Defense Research Engineering Network (SDREN)), owning the day-to-day operations and management for their production environment comprised of various components, including the hardware, networking, and OS layers.
General Microsoft & Linux systems administration, security patching, OS upgrades, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring maximum availability.
Schedule and perform regular systems maintenance.
Write system scripts for daily administration, and has ability to document system infrastructure.
Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software and hardware related problems.
Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
Troubleshooting and debugging issues that rise in production and during solution development.
Developing solutions using tool for additional capabilities.
Working with team members to integrate tool with other IT systems and attending meetings with the client to understand requirements, change requests and defect reports.
Should be able to provide guidelines, do or don't do recommendations and resolutions.
- In-depth knowledge in any of the following:
Linux, MS Windows, Macintosh, Apache, Bind, Sendmail and SQL, DNS, Active directory, and Group Policies.
Strong experience with Virtualization, preferably VMWare products.
Experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) solutions, preferably DELL SAN's.
Strong experience with system management tools, logical file systems, and client/server environments. - Knowledge of DoD Security Policies.
Demonstrated initiative, customer orientation and team work competencies.
Ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical people.
Demonstrate knowledge of various ports and protocols.
Must be a US Citizen. Must possess a Secret clearance with the ability to get a Top Secret or TS/SCI or higher clearance.
Education/Experience: - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other technical discipline required or equivalent experience and 5-7 years work experience.
Professional systems configuration and maintenance experience in a Unix / Linux, Windows data center environment.
Experience supporting a 24/7 mission critical IT infrastructure.
Must have a current, valid Security+ certification.
Current, valid computer equipment certification is a plus (must be able to obtain within 90 days after hire).
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!