Takoma Park Job Description Sample
Store General Manager Trainee
Merchandise Execution Associate
Sephora Beauty Advisor
Strategic Communications SME
- Broad knowledge in the particular area of specialization with an in-depth understanding of the latest communications developments
- Applies existing knowledge in field of specialization to a wide variety of situations
- Uses general rules to develop specific applications to obtain specific strategic objectives
- Possess the ability to solve complex problems in an efficient and unique manner
- Secret clearance
- MS degree OR 15 years of extensive strategic communications experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Founded in 2005, Gryphon Scientific is a small business with a unique focus on physical and life sciences, public health, and program management and evaluation. As a consulting company, we primarily rely on literature-based research, interview data collection and our staff’s rich past experience in the laboratory, in policy shops and from the field to tackle projects with complex technical challenges. Our projects drive policy changes in security, preparedness, and science policy at the highest levels of US government. Abroad, we advise governments in the developing world on how to cope with daunting public health challenges. Our aim is to improve the health and safety of populations world-wide. The energy of our small business environment as well as our commitment to technical excellence attracts staff with the highest qualifications, our commitment to work-life balance and employee growth has afforded us excellent employee retention. We are currently growing and looking for new staff members to join the Gryphon team.
Gryphon Scientific is actively hiring recent graduates with degrees in biology, microbiology, biochemistry, statistics, or related fields for Research Assistant positions. Gryphon Scientific offers Research Assistants the opportunity to use critical thinking, creative problem solving and analysis to tackle challenging projects. An environment of mentorship fosters close collaboration between junior and senior staff, encouraging personal and professional development. Gryphon boasts a laid-back work environment, a comprehensive employee benefit package and an emphasis on work-life balance.
What Will I Do as a Research Assistant?
Gryphon Research Assistants (RAs) are challenged in a wide range of exciting fields. As a Gryphon RA, you will participate in projects focused on public safety, homeland security and emerging infectious disease. Most projects require analysis of publications in professional journals with the goal of extracting and summarizing relevant information. For example, in a project for the NIH, Gryphon RAs process data on potential therapies for major threats to public health. Other projects will see you applying and expanding your knowledge of genetics and microbiology in analyses of disease. You will also use your quantitative and analytical skills in developing parameters for mathematical models of infectious disease spread and consequences. Each project will challenge you to think, research and write in new ways. You will not, however, be involved in laboratory work; there is no lab on the premises.
- U.S. citizenship
- Be able to work independently
- Have excellent writing skills
- Have a GPA greater than 3.0 (out of 4.0) in your major
- Have an undergraduate degree in a life science discipline (Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Immunology, Biomedical Sciences, or a related field)
- Be willing to re-locate to the greater Washington DC area
- Have an interest in biosecurity, science policy, or health policy (but not necessarily experience)
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume. Additionally, please provide your citizenship status, current GPA, and security clearance (if applicable).
Why Consider Gryphon Scientific?
- Gryphon Research Assistants who choose to pursue post-graduate education have been very successful. Gryphon alumni have gone on to receive full scholarships at prestigious medical schools (including Vanderbilt and University of Chicago Pritzker), and enroll in competitive PhD programs (UC Berkley) and MPH programs (Johns Hopkins).
- Research Assistants have the opportunity for significant advancement at Gryphon Scientific. With no advanced degree requirements for senior positions, a job with Gryphon can be the start to a rewarding career in scientific consulting.
- You will learn how to read scientific articles and apply the information you’ve learned, an essential skill in post-graduate programs.
- Gryphon boasts a friendly, laid-back work environment. The dress code is very casual, allowing you to wear to work the same clothes you would wear to class. Gryphon employees often take afternoon walks to the local ice cream or coffee shop.
- Mentorship is taken seriously at Gryphon. There is an open door policy for all staff, meaning you can ask for advice from any staff member, from the owner of the company to your manager to your fellow junior staff.
- Work-life balance is a priority. Research Assistants are rarely asked to take work home with them.
Cyber Security Project Manager
|Location:||On client site in Silver Spring, MD or Arlington, VA|
Lunarline is looking for a Project Manager to perform day-to-day management of contract involving multiple tasks and personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides management guidance to the teams.
- Incorporates quality control reviews of the contractor processes, process improvements, and documentation being generated.
- Performs collect/generate lessons learned and incorporate improvements into activities.
- Responsible for staffing, project planning, project financials, and general oversight of contractor staff.
- Prescribes and communicate organizational remedies.
- Provides guidance and direction to major portion of a larger project.
- Provide weekly, monthly and periodic updates/reports on status of IT Security Program Support and Assessment activities including identification of unforeseen issues and unexpected delays.
- Lead weekly meetings discussing contractors' status in performing the work.
- Six (6) years of experience at managing similar contracts.
- Four (4) years of experience managing staff.
- Proficiency in interpersonal skills. Proficiency in handling multiple tasks concurrently.
- Proficiency in project and time management.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a cohesive team-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in proofreading deliverables for clear, concise language, completeness, correctness, and consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Information Systems or related cyber/cyber security field.
- The following certifications (more than one is required): PMP
- The following certifications (more than one is preferred): Lunarline, Inc. School of Cybersecurity “Certified Expert” certifications.
Consultant (Clinical Health) 4
Part-Time Retail Merchandiser
Part Time Car Washer Rockville, MD
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!