Teller Job Description Sample
Teller I Or Teller II - IL - (165054)
165054, Teller I or Teller II - IL -
Rate: $12.42 to $16.56 DOE
Duration: 3-6 months, Contract To Hire
Under close direction will be responsible for performing assigned teller tasks associated with the processing of member transactions as required. These transactions include, but are not limited to, receiving and disbursing funds in accordance with all credit union policies and procedures and processing mail transactions. Responsible for staying current with all applicable policies and procedures.
Basic reading, writing, arithmetic and communication abilities. No prior teller experience is required.
High school graduate or equivalent.
8:30AM - 5:00PM CST
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Visit our web site @ http://www.chiptonross.com/ to get details on over 2500 job openings in 28 states.
Banking/Credit Union Teller FT
Island’s Tellers perform a variety of financial transactions and recommend additional products and services based upon member need by utilizing the Island Federal Credit Union’s preferred way of selling. Tellers perform routine financial transactions to include deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers, and check cashing in a courteous, accurate, and efficient manner. Tellers require knowledge about the Credit Union’s products and services, an ability to communicate effectively with prospective and current members, and to represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Learn all aspects of the teller position.
Learn and obtain a solid foundation of the products and services offered by the credit union.
Evaluate new and existing member’s accounts while performing transactions and be proactive in identifying each member’s needs. Cross sell credit union services, deposit and loans products, which provide solutions to the members’ needs and improve their financial well-being
Greet members in a courteous, professional and timely manner while providing prompt and accurate service.
Perform transactions including, but not limited to, deposits, withdrawals, transfers, cash advances, loan payments, and check cashing.
Responds in a professional manner to members' inquiries, requests or problems.
Responsible for maintaining teller drawer cash within the appropriate levels.
Maintain an up-to-date and thorough knowledge on all credit union products and services
Promote, explain, and cross-sell credit union products and services.
Responsible for the accuracy and completion of the teller daily proof.
Keep all credit union member and employee related business in strictest confidence.
Possess general knowledge of BSA rules and regulations. Completes and passes BSA Training requirements.
Process shared branching transactions and inquires.
Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
Process check orders and certificates of deposit.
Cross train and learn branch morning work.
Accommodate flexible work schedule to meet branch needs, including evenings and weekends and other branch locations as directed by management.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Customer Service Teller
- One year Cash handling experience; possess the ability to balance a cash drawer.
- Ability to perform tasks independently without direct supervision, after training.
- Strong work ethics with a commitment to quality.
- Willingness to learn the scrap metal industry,
- Hard worker with great attitude
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Customer service, multi-tasking and computer skills, required.
- Computer literate; ability to learn industry software quickly, utilize MS Office products, and type at least 35 wpm.
- Financial institution, and/or office experience preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus.
- Must be outgoing, a team player, dependable punctual and be at least 21 years or age.
- Must be willing to submit to background, DMV screen and drug screen.
- Paid vacation after one year of service
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick time
- 401k after one year of service
Locally owned and operating in Birmingham, Alabama, Recycle USA, Inc. is an immaculate metals recycler specializing in the processing of Ferrous and Non Ferrous Metals servicing the Industrial, Commercial and Residential community since 1995. Customer service is our #1 priority – with our knowledge, skills, and management we process people faster than the competition within our industry
Will need to have customer service experience, cash handling experience, and be able to work well in a small team.
Must be willing to travel and be open to moving between locations if necessary.
Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
The ability to speak both English and Spanish is wanted but, not required.
Teller - Full-Time
This position is responsible for providing quality customer service by accurately processing transactions in a professional and courteous manner and in accordance with bank and regulatory policy and procedure.
Essential responsibilities include:
Accurately processing customer transactions, including, but not limited to counting cash, accepting deposits, and processing withdrawal requests.
Promoting bank products and services, including recognizing opportunities for referrals to Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and other lines of business.
Participating in sales campaigns by educating customers on the benefits of the targeted products and services.
Assisting customers with accounts and other related inquiries.
Providing administrative support to other retail and lending staff to meet the needs of the customer and assist in the sales efforts of the facility.
Strictly adhering to bank policies, procedures, and controls over customer transactions, cash, and security.
Effectively and fluently communicating with customers, co-workers, and other business contacts within a culturally diverse work environment.
Developing and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels by proactively participating and contributing to a positive work environment, controlling emotions and temperament, and exhibiting courteous, respectful, and professional behavior.
Additional responsibilities include:
Staying abreast of company policies and procedures by attending and successfully completing all mandatory corporate and departmental training. Inclusive of, but not limited to, Annual Sensitivity Training, and Compliance Training.
Processing new account transactions, including but not limited to, completing related documents, data input, receiving the initial deposit, and providing cash station/debit cards.
Answering and routing incoming calls appropriately.
Other duties as assigned.
At our full-service banking offices you'll find a full array of Personal, Business Banking and Treasury Management services and products to help you create the life you want and to help your business continue to be successful. We work hard to be your partner and we understand that this means listening and responding to the unique needs of you and your company. We are committed to creating customized solutions to assist you in achieving growth and stability.
We value our clients and believe that banking is about relationships. We demonstrate our commitment to you and the communities we serve through unparalleled personal attention and genuine concern for the financial welfare and security of our clients. Your deposits at CIBM Bank are FDIC insured and the bank has a strong capital position with levels above the national average.
Coin Processing Teller
GardaWorld is seeking qualified individuals to work as Coin Tellers in our Cash Vault Services operation. Selected candidates are responsible for verifying all coin deposits received for processing and ensuring the deposits match the depositing customer’s amount declared on the coin deposit ticket. Coin Tellers may cross-train in other areas.
- Performs all aspects of the coin deposit verification function.
- Operates a jet scan to sort coin by denomination and to verify customer coin deposits.
- Compares coin bags received against manifest to make sure all deposits are accounted for.
- Enters verified coin into the CashTrak or other proprietary tracking system.
- Cleans and maintains all coin equipment and ensures processing area is clean and clutter free.
- Checks coin bags for foreign coin or non-coin items.
- Checks all empty bags for unprocessed coin.
- Sorts and loads coin on cart or pallet by bank.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Cash handling and balancing experience highly desired.
- 1-2 years teller experience preferred
- Must have strong data entry skills and experience.
- Must be Detail-oriented with basic Math skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment is a plus.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be safety and security sensitive.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
We offer competitive wages and a great benefits package for full time employees: medical, dental, vision, holiday pay, paid vacation, 401K plan and much more!
Candidates must meet the company's hiring criteria to include a pre-employment background investigation and drug test. Physical exam and other testing may be required.
EOE, Drug Free Workplace
Each day, GardaWorld solves tough problems; we secure global commerce and protect our clients people, assets and reputations. They see us as a vital interconnected partner. In less than two decades, our work has taken us from the oil fields of Kurdistan to the financial institutions of the US and airports in Canada.
We operate across a broad range of sectors, including financial services, infrastructure, natural resources and retail. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, governments and humanitarian relief organizations. Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, our 62,000 highly trained, dedicated professionals serve clients in North America, Africa and the Middle East.
The GardaWorld Cash Services business is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs 8,000 highly trained specialists across the U.S. We securely manage and move money on behalf of clients in a number of industries, ranging from financial institutions and government to retail, restaurants and hospitality.
Teller I Or II
Lake Michigan Credit Union is one of the largest financial institutions in Michigan and was established in 1933. We are seeking customer-oriented individuals to join our team and help ensure our 5 Star Promise is carried out.
As an employee, you'll enjoy a stimulating, professional atmosphere, supported by the latest technology and training. You will be encouraged to refine your existing skills in an environment of empowerment, gain new experiences, and progress to the limits of your own motivation.
Lake Michigan Credit Union is looking for a dedicated individual to join one of our branches as a Teller I or II.
- Demonstrating efficiency with financial transactions for checking, savings and borrowing members; receives funds, posts transactions and pays out funds as requested. Verbally confirming intended transactions with members to assure needs are met and minimizing redoing.
- Balancing cash drawer daily to assure accuracy in transactions and notifies supervisor regarding any outages.
- Receiving payments and savings deposits from members, addressing inquiries on accounts, recording amounts and dates of payments and other significant information, checks member calculations and validates check and/or counts cash payments.
- Researching, troubleshooting and resolving member and internal inquiries regarding policies, practices and products.
- Issuing money orders, receiving currency for coin and verifies amounts, processes the redemption of bonds, cashes checks according to written procedures.
- Complying with all company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Teller candidates should be able to work 3 full days (open to close) during the week with Friday being required.
- Additionally, candidates should be available to work Saturday rotations.
- Cash handling and customer service experience is strongly preferred.
- Detail Oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Part-Time Teller 1 (Or 2 With Required Experience)
POSITION: Part-time Teller 1 (or 2 with required experience)
LOCATION: Ithaca, NY
HOURS: 24 Hours/Week
Provides assistance to customers using quality service standards.
Accepts deposits, verifies cash and endorsements.
Cashes checks within limits assigned referring exceptions to supervisor.
Accepts savings deposits and withdrawals.
Prepares individual daily settlements of teller cash and proof operations.
Looks for and listens for potential sales opportunities while conducting daily customer transactions.
Observes and acts on opportunities to create appointments for Sales Representatives, Financial Service Representatives, and Lenders.
Researches customer accounts, sends out prospecting letters, and follows up with customers by telephone.
Promotes specific bank products when applicable.
Makes customer service related telephone calls.
Accepts loan, utility and other payments.
Issues money orders, cashiers’ and travelers’ checks, correspondent bank drafts, etc.
May open Christmas Clubs.
Maintain proficient knowledge of, and demonstrate ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to this position, ensure ongoing adherence to pertinent policies, procedures, and internal controls, and meet all job-specific training requirements in a timely fashion.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Good communication skills, accuracy, basic math skills and use of a calculator.
Experience: Prior cash handling or customer service experience preferred.
Other: Reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
Community Bank is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer who fully embraces a diverse workforce.
Senior Customer Service Teller
Do you enjoy being the face of an organization, engaging with customers to ensure they are fully satisfied? This is the heart of our Customer Service Teller role - delivering a memorable and personalized banking experience for each customer.
As the primary contact between our customers and the branch team, you will use great listening skills to engage closely with customers while processing customer service transactions accurately and efficiently. With an energetic attitude, you will get to know the customer, anticipate their needs, introduce them to financial products and services and make referrals to supporting branch colleagues as appropriate. You will serve as a peer coach and develop less experienced Customer Services Tellers while supporting branch leadership in maintaining a strong operational environment through the adherence of Citizens Bank policies and procedures.
This role is an opportunity to strengthen your consumer banking knowledge with paths to grow into other Retail, Business Banking and Wealth Management roles. As part of our team-oriented culture, you will be encouraged to develop new skills and grow into new career opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Senior Customer Service Teller
- Engage with customers to develop a positive customer experience; strive to make each customer interaction the best experience of their day
- Provide exceptional customer service, accurately and efficiently processing customer service transactions
- Build relationships with customers, anticipate their needs and educate and demonstrate for customers how to utilize the various customer preference options
- Resolve customer problems and help customers to understand their banking options based on their personal preference for doing business with the bank
- Serve as the primary contact between the branch and the majority of customers, making referrals for supporting retail banking colleagues as appropriate
- Coach, mentor and develop less experienced Customer Service Tellers and support branch leadership in maintaining a strong operational environment
- Adhere to all Citizens Bank policies and procedures; ensure fair treatment of customers and regulatory obligations
- Support and contribute to satisfactory branch operational ratings and corporate audits while complying with federal, state and local laws
- Bring a positive energy and confidence to Citizens Bank and its customers every day
- Present a professional appearance as the face of Citizens
What can we offer you?
- Strong recognition and incentive programs based on your achievements
- Training, strategies and tools to support your personal growth and the development of strong customer relationships
- Career growth opportunities in Retail, Business Banking or Wealth Management, including, but not limited to, Universal Banker, Small Business Relationship Banker, Licensed Relationship Banker and Branch Manager based on success in this front-line role
- Collaborative workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as Medical & Dental, along with a 401K with corporate match
- High School degree or GED required
- Minimum of 1 year cash handling experience in a retail or banking environment
- Minimum of 1 year demonstrated customer experience, recommending and referring products and services to customers
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to effectively ask questions and identify needs to enhance the customer relationship
- Commitment to build relationships through in-person customer interactions
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to customer issues
- Ability to build strong relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists through collaboration while coaching less experienced peers
- Energetic, detail-oriented and ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to work branch hours, which can include weekends and evenings
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Varies with branch needs, will include evening and weekend hours
Be a great Citizen.
Join us today.
Why Work with Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!