Terminal Manager Job Description Sample
* Will be responsible for managing, directing, and implementing operational strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of the terminals goals.
* Focuses for short-term goals are on-time delivery, quality, meeting budget objectives, and employee relations.
In addition, the successful candidate will:
* Direct preparation of directives to area, outlining policy, program, or operational changes to be implemented
* Participate in the introduction and implementation of new operational systems and goals.
* Review analyses activities, cost and operations.
* Direct and coordinate activities of area to attain goals and objectives.
* Assist in the preparation of budgets and projections for terminal.
* Establish and maintain strong communication with terminal staff and postal facilities.
* Manage the terminal operations in relation to quality, safety, maintenance and customer service.
Job Requirements :
* Five- (5) years prior management experience in transportation (or combined experience/educational equivalent).
* Proven skills in verbal / written communication, employee relations, organization, and training.
* Willingness and ability to motivate people, manage independently, follow policies / procedures, treat employees consistently fair, and embrace change on a regular basis.
* General understanding of budgetary matters.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills with solutions oriented approach.
* Ability to make decisions while equally balancing Customer Satisfaction, Employee Satisfaction, and Profitability
EOE / AA / M / F / VET / DISABILITY
Terminal Manager / Head Mechanic
A tourism leader is seeking an experienced Head of Engineering with mechanical experience to oversee their terminal of motor-coaches and buses in Brooklyn and New York City.
Monthly Phone Stipend Diesel Mechanic experience
- Strong Managerial experience
- Team Player
- Hard worker
- Willing to work early and stay late if needed
- Must possess strong technical knowledge
- Ability to mentor, train and lead on the fly
- Great benefits!
- Excellent Salary
- Monthly Transportation stipend
- Monthly Phone Stipend
Please apply today for immediate consideration!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today’s hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!
Local Distribution Company looking for a Terminal Manager to oversee all aspects of a retail distribution operation in St Paul , MN.
- Create and manage teams of personnel to perform all aspect of a retail distribution operation.
- Organizational skills to include set-up of dock and staging areas to facilitate changes in receiving/shipping volumes.
- Ability to create and adjust routing/mapping sets to accomplish 100% on-time delivery schedules.
- Managing skills to include office staff, warehouse personnel, and employee drivers.
- Safety skills to include training personnel to use power equipment, dock procedures, lifting, parking, etc.
- Customer service skills to include daily contact with client base and follow-up to all inquiries regarding operations.
- Security awareness and ability to recognize, prevent and address any issues regarding theft, loss and damage of merchandise, equipment and personnel.
- Computer skills to include working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word. Some Symbol scan-gun and DOS experience helpful.
- Performance evaluation skills related to all personnel at local facility.
- Willingness to become “hands-on" manager when volume or situation requires such action while working flexible hours as needed.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced distribution environment managing strict productivity goals.
- Ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities to personnel as needed.
- Ability to see a task to completion and follow-up on delegated tasks.
- Interviewing skills related to dock personnel and drivers.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a complex fast paced environment. BS/BA degree preferred.
- Demonstrated increasingly responsible in distribution or operational management.
- Demonstrated skills in organization, time management, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced distribution environment managing strict productivity goals.
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines; and adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Ability to sense an understanding of urgency for priorities.
- Ability to see a task to completion and follow-up on delegated tasks.
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Strong geographical knowledge
- Demonstrate above average computer skills: warehouse management software, scanner technologies, and MS-Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Requires exceptional interpersonal skills and exhibit a strong service orientation
Miller Transfer & Rigging is a dynamic and specialized flatbed carrier whose main focus is transporting over dimensional freight. We move everything from large fabrications to air plane wings to the Wrigley Field sign in downtown Chicago! We operate in 18 terminals nationwide; mostly east of the Mississippi River. We have the capacity to move freight to Canada and Mexico as well. Miller Transfer was established in 1968; our 50 years is right around the corner! Interested in growing with us? Keep reading!
“We Create Customer Specific Solutions that Exceed Expectations…Every Time.”
What we are looking for:
Terminal Manager in Los Angeles, CA
What you’ll do every day:
· Dispatch our fleet of owner operators and company drivers to ensure high value pieces of freight get to our customers safely and on-time.
· Manage all brokerage operations and partner carrier development
· Step outside of the office 1-2 days a week to meet with current customers, consult them and offer additional services for any upcoming shipping needs.
· Effectively quote and price our services to potential customers to gain new business and drive terminal revenue.
· Recruit new drivers for your terminal to ensure you have as many resources available as possible to drive revenue and grow your business.
· Occasionally broker loads in situations where no Owner Operators are available.
· Manage YOUR P&L report for the terminal; ensuring that revenue goals are being met which in turn grows your enterprise.
· Strategize with your sales rep to uncover new opportunities in the market.
What makes you successful:
· You’ll need at least 5-7 years’ experience in a transportation role preferably working with flatbeds; a college degree in transportation, logistics and supply chain or a related field.
· You are driven and competitive by nature. You like to win and won’t let any obstacles stand in your way.
· You consider yourself to be an entrepreneur. You enjoy developing enterprises and new processes to make your terminal as profitable and high-functioning as possible.
· You don’t mind working in an office environment by yourself.
· You are a natural communicator and relationship builder with proven examples from past positions.
· You are local to the Greater Los Angeles Area.
· You are organized, comfortable with making decisions quickly and efficiently, able to prioritize what is most important and have a “never give up” attitude
· You enjoy selling based off value and not necessarily price. We are an expensive carrier.
Why you should consider working with us:
· We have an excellent compensation plan that includes a base salary and an uncapped bonus that is paid out quarterly based on performance of your terminal.
· 2 weeks’ vacation your first full year.
· Excellent health benefits through United Healthcare that includes a wellness plan for you to follow, keep healthy and keep your cost low.
· An opportunity to run your own enterprise within our company.
· The ability to provide a specialized service. We are not your typical trucking company!
Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we unfortunately cannot get back to everyone individually. If your skills and qualifications align with the position, a representative from our talent acquisition team will reach out to you directly.
Universal Logistics Holdings Inc. is in search of candidates to fill a Terminal Manager opening within their office located in Grand Rapids, MI. Universal Logistics Holdings Inc. provides Flatbed, Van, Over Dimensional, Oilfield, Reefer and Logistics Services throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico. As one of the strongest truckload carriers in the nation Universal Logistics Holdings Inc. has the ability to provide transportation services for our customers, agents, and owner operators. Our stability and experience within the industry has been proven with our continued growth, year after year.
Candidates should have the following:
· A degree in transportation, logistics, or management and at least 5 years in the transportation industry, equivalent experience will be considered as well.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Problem solving and analytical skills, as well as a strong attention to detail
· Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
· A competitive and career oriented mindset
· Desire to surround customer with excellence in service
· Ability to delegate and enforce company policy
Duties will include:
· Direct management of staff including supervision, clerical, and labor
· Management of dispatch orders and moves
· Management of company equipment including maintenance and tracking
· Interacting with the customer on a daily basis, and ensuring customer satisfaction
· Business plan development and execution
Universal offers a competitive base salary and benefits package including medical, dental, 401K, and vacation in addition to offering upward mobility within the company. If you are an energetic, self-motivated individual with the drive to become part of a growing organization, please reply with an attachment of your resume and salary requirements for consideration.
Universal's experienced management team, with its state-of-the-art technology, provides customized logistics solutions to its customers resulting in proven efficiencies and savings.
Terminal Manager - LTL
Administers daily planning, scheduling, reporting and financial operations of the terminal. Maintains customer satisfaction, makes customer sales calls. . Insures implementation of company plans, policies, procedures, and regulations. Provides a sage working environmental. Advises employees in personnel matters, defines objectives, oversees progress, and informs supervision of the terminal status and problems encountered.
- Directs the activities of Line, Pick up & Delivery, Sales, Dock, Shop, Human Resources, Purchasing, Traffic, Equipment Maintenance, and Safety Departments through the Assistant Terminal Manager. Defines and delegates subordinate responsibilities, develops strategies to increase terminal profitability and implements procedures to maintain a union-free work environment.
- Coordinates freight transfer activity from terminal to terminal. Develops and maintains cost efficient methods of operation. Insures customer satisfaction, a facility free of safety hazards, and proper performance of operational processes.
- Communicates and enforces company policies, procedures, and rules to employees and provides advice, guidance, and assistance as needed.
- Recommends and approves increases or decreases in staff; screens and selects employees; approves long range departmental plans, work goals, objectives and standards; assists and evaluates the performance of employees; recommends and approves expenditures, salary changes, promotions, transfers, changes in status and disciplinary action. Assigns work, trains, develops, motivates employees, and communicates/administers personnel programs and procedures in accordance with approved policies.
- Will be required to make regular customer sales calls.
May perform other duties as assigned.
Be able to read, write, and speak English.
Have a minimum of 5 years job related experiencepreferably in the LTL industry.
Have knowledge of operations, business law, and local, state, and federal regulations.
Possesses computer skills.
Prefer candidates with sales experience. (not required)
Terminal Manager (Kansas City)
Description of position:
The Terminal Manager is a supervisory and leadership role that oversees the activities of the Customer Service, Dispatch, and Owner Operator Pool. The Terminal Manager ensures that our mission is carried out for customers. All the human resources and P&L responsibilities flow through this position.
Typical Daily Activities:
- P&L Management
- Monitor monthly variances to determine requirements for increasing profits and improving processes
- Coordinate activities of operations to obtain optimum use of personnel and equipment
- Evaluate internal processes and procedures and if needed implement modifications to improve operating and reporting efficiency
- Ensure timely flow of information between company and drivers regarding company news and information specific for deliveries
- Driver and employee performance management process to include providing corrective action, counseling, performance improvement plans, and normal review process
- Management of Team
- Review rates
- Promote strategic business growth, customer and driver retention, customer and driver satisfaction, present and market the services of the company
- Training and retraining office staff and drivers on procedures and processes
- Tablet compliance
- Assist in orientation
- Manage facility hiring process by selecting best qualified applicants – assist recruiting
- Payroll discrepancies and corrections
- Fill any open position
The ability to motivate and drive results is of paramount importance. Interpersonal skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure is a must. You are a LEADER. The ability to hustle, learn, and think on your feet are essential. You have the ability to communicate value to prospects that drives new sales. You have the ability to understand human nature and motivate people to accomplish the mission. Customer service skills are a must. You should be capable of communicating (spoken and written language) quickly and effectively. Computer skills are essential. Multi-tasking and organizational skills are a requirement. Attention to detail should be second nature. Being a team player is of utmost importance. A logical mind that enjoys solving problems and puzzles is needed. You can provide solutions to problems that need to balance competing interests. You have the ability to remain disciplined in running a process. You deal in reality and not fantasy or rationalization – numbers don’t lie. This position is not for the timid.
We offer services throughout several states with offices conveniently located in Dallas, TX, and Memphis, TN.
Our success is built on 5 Core Values that are embodied by all members of the PFS Team: Dedication, Integrity, Accountability, Leadership, and Flexibility.
Cox Petroleum Transport is seeking a Terminal (Driver) Manager for our Los Angeles office. Familiarity with DOT regulations and experience at managing drivers is a plus. Responsible for recruiting new hires, maintaining driver schedules, coordinating changes with dispatch as needed, communicating with drivers on a daily basis, respond to/investigate accidents and incidents, perform observations on drivers. Will report directly to our Los Angeles Regional Manager.
Our benefit package includes: medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, life, accident, illness, long term care, and 401K.
Please email your resume with salary requirements to DLOWMAN@COXPETROLEUM.COM AND LOCONNELL@COXPETROLEUM.COM
Our company was founded by Hiram and Mary Cox in the 1960’s and incorporated in 1971. The company is locally owned with a fleet over 120 tanker trucks and trailers consisting of newer Peterbilt models 386 and 384 pulling a variety of tanks and trailers such as, Beall, Heil, and Polar. The power units consist of mainly Cummins ISX and Paccar MX motors and are maintained on a very strict in-house maintenance program. All our tanks and trailers are equipped with the Civacon overfill and retain system. Also, all our units are equipped with the People Net messaging and tracking device to allow for accuracy and proper reporting from the driver to dispatch in order to meet our customers’ expectations.
Driver Candidate Sign-on
Experienced Petroleum Tanker Drivers will receive a $5,000.00 Bonus if you have experience hauling gas with a minimum of 3 years of verifiable gasoline experience
Experienced Petroleum Tanker Drivers will receive a $3,000.00 Bonus if you have experience hauling gas with a minimum of 2 years of verifiable gasoline experience
Please visit our website at www.coxpetroleum.com or call us at 1-844-TANKJOB or 1-844-826-5562.
Terminal Manager / Supervisor
Experienced Managers needed at numerous locations across the country to oversee railroad terminal operations.
- Must be willing to relocate
- 3-plus years management experience
- Previous intermodal, railroad or logistics experience a plus.
Good pay and company benefits
Salary is negotiable based on job experience
Terminal Manager - Flatbed Trucking Truckload- Baltimore, MD- #15091
Flatbed Trucking Truckload
Baltimore, MD- #15091
Regional Flatbed For-Hire Motor Carrier
- Asset Based Trucking Company needs an Experienced Terminal Manager with Flatbed Experience to run Terminal. Should have Experience with Secure Cargo Tie-Downs and Tarping.
Provide Real-Time Guidance and Support for Operations, Sales and Customer Service. Need Highly Motivated Self-Starter with Excellent Interpersonal Skills. Must have previous Flatbed Operations Management Experience with a For-Hire Motor Carrier.
Should have knowledge of DOT regulations, FMCSA, Safety, Driver Recruitment and Retention and have the ability to work with Customers and Employees. Good Benefits for Energetic Candidates with a Solid Track Record. Salary to $60K to $80K DOE
MCR Agency, LLC
All Fees paid by Client Companies; No fee to candidates.
Interested candidates should include everything they
want us to read in the body of their initial email.
Cover note, contact information including Email Address
and Phone Number; cut and paste your resume. We
can't forward links or attachments to our account
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!